As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla]No-ThemePost-RestrictionUPickNo-PMMini-Phalla Game Over, Evil Wins

thorgotthorgot there is special providencein the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
edited March 2008 in Critical Failures
No-Theme Post-Restriction UPick No-PM Mini-Phalla

The Signups
Before you sign up, there are a few things you should know. First of all, if you don't know what Phalla is, I recommend reading this, though you probably shouldn't start with a post-restriction game. Second of all, there is to be no communication regarding this game outside of this thread. If you have been spoiled by the proboard-laden network-building games of the past, this would be an excellent place to get back to the basics. Third of all, for the hell of it, this is a post restriction game, meaning everybody will have a minor restriction in the way they speak. Finally, this game has no theme. You will pick your character, much like a game of Smash if Smash included every character and object ever. I hope to see a situation where The Bible, Mr. T-bot and "The Entire Cast of Battlestar Galactica" can organize a bandwagon against Mahatma Gandhi while "The sound a lightbulb makes when it burns out" and the any key argue with some anime character nobody has ever heard of, so don't hold back in your choices.

When you !sign up, PM me the name you would like your role to have. This can be anything from any source. If it's especially obscure and if you don't want me to have to look it up on Wikipedia, I recommend sending a short description along with the name. Do not tell anybody else what you are choosing.

I would like to have as many reserve players as starting players, because of the strict inactivity rules, so don't be shy. The game will start shortly after twelve people have signed up and have sent their choices, and each round will end at 11 PM EST.

The Rules
[tiny]yoinked from Monks on the Run[/tiny]
  1. Every day, vote for someone to viciously slaughter using the following syntax: !vote thorgot
  2. To change your vote, vote for someone else.
  3. You may post whatever the hell you want from your role PM. Or you can make something up and post that instead. Whatever.
  4. There will be no communication about this game outside of this thread. This includes PMs, IM, proboards, talking in person, etc. The mafia are not bound by this restriction.
  5. The dead may have no contact with the living, and may not post in this thread.
  6. Inactivity will result in replacement. If you miss two votes (total), you will be replaced immediately. If you post less than six times total over the course of two consecutive days, you will be replaced immediately. If you are fairly sure you can't make this quota, please don't sign up.
  7. Consistent failure to adhere to your post restriction will result in punishment.
  8. Roles will be revealed upon death.
  9. If you have a question, ask me or post it in the thread in Orange.
  10. Each round ends at 11 PM EST. Posts or actions marked 11:00 or later, forum time, will be counted for the following day.
  11. There will be no communication about this game outside of this thread.

The Game Specifics
  • This is meant to be a group effort in analyzing vote records and behaviors to find the mafia, so share your thoughts. If you do not, the mafia is certain to win.
  • There are three members of the mafia. Of the nine villagers, one is a seer and one is a guardian. There are no other special roles.
  • The game will take between three and ten days, though the upper extreme involves many, many coincidences.
  • The goal of the mafia is to control at least half of the total number of players remaining.
  • The goal of everybody else is to kill all three of the mafia.
  • The mafia are the only people without post restrictions, and also the only people who can talk to each other outside of this thread.

campionthorgotsig.jpg
thorgot on

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The Players
    1. FrostMist
    2. PsychoLarry
    3. PRËTËNTIÖüS (shot in the motherfuckin' back night three, Samuel L. Jackson)
    4. Shamus
    5. Locus (killed by white conquistadors night two, Scouting Party Iroquois Confederacy)
    6. Egos
    7. Oatway (mobbed in a disgusting fashion night three, B:L)
    8. precisionk
    9. Aroduc (PEW PEWed by Hank Scorpio night one, Guardian Bipolar Bear)
    10. KrataLightblade (merrily helped a mob kill him night two, Sean Dillon)
    11. DevoutlyApathetic
    12. Varcayn (mobbed to death night one, EEEEVIL Hank Scorpio)
    Reserves
    1. robothero
    2. TheLawinator
    3. Rend
    4. Gumpy
    5. El Skid
    6. .
    7. .
    8. .
    9. .
    10. .
    11. .
    12. .

Narrations
    1. Night 0
    2. Day 1
    3. Day 2
    4. Day 3
    5. Day 4
    6. Role PMs

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !Sign up

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !sign up
    Thorgot leaves me with no choice in the matter.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thorgot is a harsh mistress

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !sign up

How could I not?

Edit: I'm goin' to dig up a character I can do justice. I'll PM it shortly.

Shamus on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This sounds weird.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    This sounds weird.
    You sound weird

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I will be watching this with great interest.

Last Son on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !sign up

Been waiting for this for a while. Time to brainstorm a role!

Locus on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'll !sign up

Egos on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would like to sign up!

Oats on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This should be exciting. We'll see how we fare.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Intriguing.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !sign up

precisionk on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2008

Alright alright. I better get to kill someone this time though.

Aroduc on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !I'll sign up

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !sign up

Also, I hate you thorgot.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !sign up.

Varcayn on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !sign up

We talked about this a while ago. I still have the PMs. We both know that your game is completely different.

So please don't hate poor thorgot. :cry:

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    !sign up

We talked about this a while ago. I still have the PMs. We both know that your game is completely different.

So please don't hate poor thorgot. :cry:

Shhh! I am trying to maintain my aura of mystique!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !Reserve Me, Baby

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'll give my spot to Krata and stay on reserve.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I will !Reserve

Rend on
    edited March 2008
    Night Zero
    "In other news," the reporter continued, "citizens of the small village of Phalla were shocked today to find their town hall covered in graffiti of the most despicable nature. One resident described it as the most foul thing he had ever seen, while another described it as beautiful. Police are investigating this pervert to find out if he regularly looks at this disgusting picture, which I'm told is called goat zee. Wait, I've just been handed a news bulletin. The police of Phalla have all been slaughtered. This is the end. This is the end. We're all doomed. We're all doomed. We're all doomed. We're all..."

The reporter repeated this for another minute, until the masked figure he was staring at had finished with the cameramen. The reporter's severed head was never recovered.

The stunned citizens of Phalla were stunned, but then they were not stunned. Some of them weren't even citizens, but they were all stunned. Until they were not stunned. The point is, a mob quickly formed to find those responsible.

Day One has begun. It will end at 11 PM EST tonight (Monday, March 24th). Good luck!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    Night Zero
    "In other news," the reporter continued, "citizens of the small village of Phalla were shocked today to find their town hall covered in graffiti of the most despicable nature. One resident described it as the most foul thing he had ever seen, while another described it as beautiful. Police are investigating this pervert to find out if he regularly looks at this disgusting picture, which I'm told is called goat zee. Wait, I've just been handed a news bulletin. The police of Phalla have all been slaughtered. This is the end. This is the end. We're all doomed. We're all doomed. We're all doomed. We're all..."

The reporter repeated this for another minute, until the masked figure he was staring at had finished with the cameramen. The reporter's severed head was never recovered.

The stunned citizens of Phalla were stunned, but then they were not stunned. Some of them weren't even citizens, but they were all stunned. Until they were not stunned. The point is, a mob quickly formed to find those responsible.

Day One has begun. It will end at 11 PM EST tonight (Monday, March 24th). Good luck!

Also remember: If you don't post enough, or don't vote twice, you will be replaced immediately.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    Zo.

It lookz az if the world iz going to Hell.

I guezz it iz my job to help you all fix that.

I have no idea what any of you are capable of, but I'm willing to, if I'm contacted by the right people, work with any of you! Az long az you aren't onna thoze oily baztardz goin' aroun' killin' folkz.

We've got to get thiz ztarted early! And zince none of you zneaky zortz can hide behind probardz and PMz, lay out all the cardz!

They may have the gunz! But we've got the numberz!

KrataLightblade on
    edited March 2008
    I need everyone to listen to me. I have played in and hosted a post-restriction game. I know what goes into these kinds of things. I also know the pitfalls.

My advice to everyone who is not me: I would not vote for people just because they have annoying restrictions. For example, right now I want to vote for Krata because I keep reading his post in a French accent. I will not, however. Such is my magnanimity.

Locus on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !Reserve me!

Starting the game without me Thorgot

I thought we had something special ):

Gumpy on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Locus wrote: »
    My advice to everyone who is not me: I would not vote for people just because they have annoying restrictions.

Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited March 2008
    Oh man, let's rock this
    shit all day and all night long
    how many sylla-

Hrmm, this could become
    awfully tricky at times
    posting could be hard.

Oats on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Let US ALL put our HEADS together and fight the GOOD fight.

precisionk on
    edited March 2008
    I need everyone to listen to me. I have played in and hosted a post-restriction game. I know what goes into these kinds of things. I also know the pitfalls.

My advice to everyone who is not me: I would not vote for people just because they have annoying restrictions. For example, right now I want to vote for Krata because I keep reading his post in a French accent. I will not, however. Such is my magnanimity.

Not to point fingers so early, but megalomania is the oldest one in the book. Something someone of ill intentions would adopt?

But I digress. Agreed, voting for someone with an annoying restriction is not what we want to do.

Shamus on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !reserve me alzo :P

El Skid on
    edited March 2008
    Shamus wrote: »

Not to point fingers so early, but megalomania is the oldest one in the book. Something someone of ill intentions would adopt?

But I digress. Agreed, voting for someone with an annoying restriction is not what we want to do.
    I merely wish to avoid the mistakes of the past. My post restriction is not megalomania, though I can see why others would think so. My restriction is not as obvious as some of the other players'.

Locus on
    edited March 2008
    I zay, Locuz, I appreciate that you do not wizh me dead. Perhapz there iz hope for me yet, yez? Zean Zayz, there iz alwayz hope.

I have chozen not to create myzelf a vote yet, for I wizh to chooze bazed upon the bezt of all available information.

I do, however, encourage uz to zpeak out, to join together, to band together, to zing happy zongs, and to zhoot the bad guyz, with our zhooting zhooters of zhootiness. Ve Vill Ovahcoom! Becauze Zean Zayz Zo.

KrataLightblade on
    edited March 2008
    Oh man, how did I
    end up in this crazy place
    with all you people?

Why must all of you
    stare at me so constantly?
    What have I done wrong?

Oats on
    edited March 2008
    Man, why is it that
    all you crazy people have
    ceased talking now?

Oats on
    edited March 2008
    I am more concerned that the day is half over and only six players have posted!

Locus on
    edited March 2008
    The day is still young. Give everyone time to come out from the woodwork.

Shamus on
    edited March 2008
    Zome playerz may zimply not know how to handle their pozting.

KrataLightblade on