As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW [Chat]: What will Drysc do?

• Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sarg had the "Need if you're aldor" thing going.

It was gaaaay.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You get 25g for completing the quest, right? Why not just do that and buy the Fel Armaments with that?

815165 on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So wait...you're all talking about people who roll need...for the item they NEED?

"But I can trade it for an Arcane tome!"
    Fine.
    I'm rolling need on everything. We'll see how many instances I get into after claiming "But I can totally use the enchanting mats/gold!"

The Muffin Man on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am Aldor and wouldn't expect to roll need on Fel Armaments. Those fall into the same category as the Corruptor's Scourgestones from the Plaguelands.

Seg on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    On my realm, it's common practice to just spread them around, one per person, regardless of faction affiliation. Once had like 8 of the damned things drop in a SL run. Roll once, use that to determine the loot order, and go from there. Alternatively, roll greed each time, but anyone who has won one passes until all 5 have one, and then start again from there. This latter version is more common these days, in my experience.

yeah this

are all you other people insane or

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just have everyone roll greed on everything all the time.

Its so easy to turn Arcane Tomes into Fel Armaments that its no big deal over who gets it.

Dhalphir on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Amusingly, neither Violet Eye Pokers nor Rational Gaze are on the Wowjustu list for Sargeras on either US or EU.

Salvation122 on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah my experience is everyone greeds them. It's like getting Righteous Orbs back in the day.

captaink on
    edited March 2008
    Amusingly, neither Violet Eye Pokers nor Rational Gaze are on the Wowjustu list for Sargeras on either US or EU.

Who?

And you're on Sarg?

Soviet Waffle on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    JAEF's reasoning is sound. An Armament has the same end result as a Tome, and he wasn't going to sell it, so there's no reason for him not to roll. It's not the same as rolling on something because you can disenchant it and use the materials; that's serving a different purpose, not an identical one as in the case at hand. In my groups, it's a one-apiece need roll for each Armament/Tome if you still need rep, or just greed roll if you're already Exalted.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
    edited March 2008

Who?

And you're on Sarg?

Those were the guilds of the people in JAEF's amusing chatlog, but I'm an idiot and thought he was on Sarg instead of Spinebreaker. I'm actually on Shadowsong.

The guilds in JAEF's conversation apparently are just barely getting into T5 content, one of them having skipped Mag entirely.

Salvation122 on
    edited March 2008
    Hahaha "Cubes is hard!"

Soviet Waffle on
  • pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I dont usually like the movies people make using wow, but damn this was funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgg9fQwY-0Q&eurl=http://www.wowinsider.com/
    hehe....Fartwizard

polloface on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Saban wrote: »
    JAEF wrote: »
    http://www.filedropper.com/1299/ridiculous

2 megs full of terrible cropping and drama. For a TLDR:
    Heroic SL cleared to murmur, I'm booted from my own group after rolling need along with some aldor fag on some fel armaments because I can trade them straight up for arcane tomes. I spend 2 hours wiping them/watching them wipe while I sit in the locked instance, then 2 more hours hanging around until they all log and they finally give up, I bring in 4 people and finish it and get phatty loot.

Yes, I'm a huge dick. This is on Spinebreaker if you want to look these guys up.

ur bad

Good riddance.

Hamurabi on
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »

Heroic SL cleared to murmur, I'm booted from my own group after rolling need along with some aldor fag on some fel armaments because I can trade them straight up for arcane tomes. I spend 2 hours wiping them/watching them wipe while I sit in the locked instance, then 2 more hours hanging around until they all log and they finally give up, I bring in 4 people and finish it and get phatty loot.

Yes, I'm a huge dick. This is on Spinebreaker if you want to look these guys up.

ur bad

Good riddance.

ur bad also

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »

ur bad

Good riddance.

ur bad also
    Oh Saban.

Hambo, are there still 30+ non-wipe deaths during your Karas, yes/no?

JAEF on
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    cfgjkdone

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited March 2008
    So uhhh... would anyone like to Scroll of Resurrection me?

DIBS

Shoot me a PM and I'll get you turned back on tonight

Salvation122 on
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    HEY YOU
    READ YOUR PM"s.

Thanks.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    To be fair, from everything I've known Aldors roll need on the Aldor item, Scryers roll need on the Scryers item, and you either pass or greed (if there happens to be none of the opposing side) on the item that's not on your faction. This is how it's worked with PuGs without even having to set it up before hand, though maybe it's a Ravenholdt thing.

Oh boy, I guess I have troubles to look forward to once I hit 70, because greeding all scryer/aldor rep items is the only sensible thing to do, and I intend to do so myself.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, patch tomorrow?

I say it's still too early and give it another week at the absolute earliest, two tops.

Still, others seem more optimistic. And if that's the case, wow. Seven more months (at least, going on the November speculation for the xpac) without a new content patch? Methinks not.

C'mon new talents...

Halfmex on
    edited March 2008
    I thought it was confirmed by some blue fucker something

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Er... Isn't the PTR still up? Or did it go down today?

riz on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    I thought it was confirmed by some blue fucker something

I can't find confirmation of this right now.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2008
    those lying sons of bitches in the SE++ thread

would it really hurt blizzard to say "not next week" every week

I mean it wouldn't take that long right

le sigh

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Saeris wrote: »
    In my groups, it's a one-apiece need roll for each Armament/Tome if you still need rep, or just greed roll if you're already Exalted.

so if you bought your way to exalted, your reward is to let other people have all the tomes/armaments for free rep / to make money off of?

DiscoZombie on
    edited March 2008
    does this remind anybody else of the hide of the beast

or maybe 3-4 smaller, less expensive hides that drop every now and again

and it's not skinning but a green drop

wait

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

I just expect that it's not going live unless;

A) The PTRs are down.

B) We get a post in the WoW General forums stating that there will be "Extended Maintenance" for all realms tomorrow.

C) They actually say the damned patch is out.

Now, we got the pre-patch download a week or two ago, and they seem to be pretty happy with the raid content testing, which was a big thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see it tomorrow, but I wouldn't be shocked if they held off another week or two either.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah not so much Jim.

In anything but a group with friends I'd say everyone greeds. Everyone greeds all the other greens so tomes/armaments should be the same. It's not my fault you haven't worked your way to exalted yet.

shadowane on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'd like it to drop this week or next, because one of our main tanks is going away for TWO WEEKS next month and last night I realized this and was suddenly terrified of doing progression raids without him. At least we have a DPS warrior with good tanking gear and skills who can fill in, but meh.

riz on
    edited March 2008
    I also do the everybody greed thing

it's just this endless debate that isn't a debate, but REP RAGE

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

le sigh

I lurk in that thread....and those boys ain't the sharpest tools in the shed if you get my meaning. And I'm guessing that sounds pretty Texan for a transplanted Yankee.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2008

And it really sucks with the way they're distributed through instances. Shadow Lab is nothing but aldor items, and then there's three Tempest Keep instances which drop a mix of both. One of the two reps is going to make out better but beyond that, a person could get screwed because they really need either Lower City or Sha'tar rep, so they need to run one of the two and end up getting stiffed on the Aldor/Scryer items because their group doesn't allow universal greeding.

Septus on
    edited March 2008
    they should just make them fel tome-aments and have little "shit man this could go either way" flavour text

because the community as a whole sucks giant donkey dicks

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, just logged into the PTR, and as of right now, it's still up. I haven't really paid attention in previous patches to how many hours before maintenance they take it down, though.

SabreMau on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Yeah. The hide of the beast had the added skinning skill being necessary on top of that though. These items just randomly drop and no one has to do anything special.

shadowane on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    So, patch tomorrow?

I say it's still too early and give it another week at the absolute earliest, two tops.

Still, others seem more optimistic. And if that's the case, wow. Seven more months (at least, going on the November speculation for the xpac) without a new content patch? Methinks not.

C'mon new talents...
    This is my realism rather than my pessimism talking, but, knowing Blizzard's track record, is there any way that WOTLK is NOT delayed until January ?

And I wouldn't sweat the Aldor/Scryer drop stuff. If you do all of the Netherstorm quest lines plus farm a bit in Shadowmoon Valley, you reach Exalted with either faction almost by accident.

Fairchild on
    edited March 2008
    I have done every quest, farmed Legion hold briefly(And traded the marks/armaments) and run Tempest Keep quite a few times and I'm only halfway through revered with Scryers.

It takes fucking forever.

Septus on
    edited March 2008
    yeah I did every quest on my human paladin and I still only just hit revered without turning anything in on the way to 70

rep grinds are stupid and I hate them

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am Revered with Aldor, I haven't done the quests, I have a bunch of Fel Armaments and Mark of Sargeras' in my bank. My guild leader keeps sending them to me since she is scryer. But I plan on holding onto them until after I do the quests.

edit: Most of repping up for me was solo grinding as a protection warrior.

Seg on
This discussion has been closed.