As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield: Bad Company - The console only Battlefield game! Out now.

• Options
    KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'll be checking this out once the beta is online so feel free to send me a friend request (please note you're from PA so i know who the hell you are. :)) ALSO THIS JUST IN:

More public Keys available at fileplanet!

Kogareru on
    GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    043043 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just got in, downloading now.

Can we play it all before tomorrow?

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pabhpabh Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kogareru wrote: »
    I'll be checking this out once the beta is online so feel free to send me a friend request (please note you're from PA so i know who the hell you are. :)) ALSO THIS JUST IN:

Motherfucker. apparently not anymore

edit: it might just be eu issues

pabh on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    pabh wrote: »
    Kogareru wrote: »

Motherfucker. apparently not anymore

WEIRD when I go there it says public keys: Keys available I'll clear my cache and check again just to be sure. I noticed because of an update from teamxbox.com a few mins ago.

Kogareru on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Anyone know if this goes live at midnight?

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sure wish I had a key for this.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I was able to pick up my key just now, so I have no idea whats going on.

I need to pick up a gold account now.....

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So anybody waiting patiently for the servers to come up?

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Okay, if there is anyone who has public keys showing as available, please let me know, IM me on AIM or something so I can hook you up with my account to help me get a key :(

Kaseius on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So anybody waiting patiently for the servers to come up?

I almost forgot that was today! We need a gamertag list going of those playing. Add me, if you haven't already, so we can get into some games together!

Edit: Or I could make a PA Battlefield profile. What do you guys think?

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    A PA Battlefield Profile would be awesome, either way I will add you. Also it's beyond midnight PST and servers aren't up im guessing they will be later in the day.

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Alright, I've made PA Battlefield.

I'll check it every day for new joins. It's only a beta so far, and while the buzz might not be so huge yet on Penny-Arcade, I imagine the game will kick up once we start playing it and more PR gets out come release. Seriously, the gameplay looks like a lot of fun with full destructibility of the environments - trees, buildings, etc. It should prove for some interesting matches. So if you're in the beta or are looking forward to the game, you can send a friend request to PA Battlefield!

Dashui on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I tried playing it a little bit ago, and the lag was pretty D: . Was warping around like mad.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I tried playing it a little bit ago, and the lag was pretty D: . Was warping around like mad.

So the servers are up? I guess I should pop in and play! And I'm sure it'll get better. I imagine they just came up, and people are probably flooding them. Net code will get worked out, too, before release.

Edit: There's a message at the top of the screen about the servers. "Servers are now live, but we're experiencing performance issues - We are looking into it, thank you for your patience."

Dashui on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Alright, this game is fucking awesome. I can't wait to see this engine put to use with up to and over 60 players in Battlefield 3 (rumor has it it's the same engine). The destructibility I've seen and done so far is glorious. Until that day, however, Battlefield: Bad Company is the best Battlefield yet.

And the good news is that the beta will go on until release day, so we'll have access to it and the two maps until June.

Dashui on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dashui wrote: »
    Alright, this game is fucking awesome. I can't wait to see this engine put to use with up to and over 60 players in Battlefield 3 (rumor has it it's the same engine). The destructibility I've seen and done so far is glorious. Until that day, however, Battlefield: Bad Company is the best Battlefield yet.

And the good news is that the beta will go on until release day, so we'll have access to it and the two maps until June.
    Excellent, I cant use my 360 online till the weekend, I was afraid this was going to be a week or 2 bullshit.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Dashui wrote: »

Excellent, I cant use my 360 online till the weekend, I was afraid this was going to be a week or 2 bullshit.

Make sure to add me and/or PA Battlefield to your buddy list. You're going to have fun, man. I just drove a fucking tank through a building. Other games? The small, brick wall would be a nice barrier for your massive tank. This game? I ran right fucking through the side of it. The destructibility is just so fun.

The desert map is the best of the two. It has all the vehicles in it, after all. I raped so many tiny soldiers with the Abrams while they were hiding in buildings. That shit don't fly here, boys. I blew the wall right on top of them.

Dashui on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DustAndEchoes77 is my tag, should be on tonight. My friends list is pretty full, but I'll add the PA Battlefield one to it so I can shoot some familiar faces.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'll send a friend request to the PA friends list today and I'll be on this evening (5pm eastern). I really can't stress enough that we need to start makeing the PA friends lists as: A PA batlefield and such I hate scrolling down my friends list each time!

Kogareru on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I realize this beta is for X360 only, any word of a PS3 beta/ MP Demo? I remember downloading a video for this game off the PSN, so I was under the assumption it was also coming to PS3? O_o

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Alright so I've played some ranked matches and got promoted a few times. I had four unlock credits, and each unlock costs one credit (three things you can unlock per class - two weapons and a kit item). So now my Assault and Support class have two primary weapons I can choose from, as well as increased life for Assault and the ability to call in a mortar strike for Support. I chose to unlock the XM8 for Assault and the XM8 LMG for Support. :)

I'm really digging the Support class. It gets a light machine gun, can heal itself or others, and can take out enemy vehicles or repair friendly vehicles with a handy tool. It's kind of like the wrench in past games, so you have to get in close to use it, but I haven't had too many trouble taking out tanks with it in the tight, urban areas of the desert map.

Anyways, I'm 300 points away from another promotion. It's 8:15 AM and I haven't gone to sleep yet, and I don't think I can with this beta out! It's so fun! I'll jump on the PA Battlefield profile first and add the rest of you if you sent any requests.

Dashui on
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, who here is a classy enough guy to make a 30 day gold subscription and tie their beta key to that?

Both times I tried to get in they ran out of keys right before.

Sanders on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Promotions? OMG they ripped of CoD4!! </sarcasm>

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    SmokeScreenSmokeScreen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I like the cut of your jib, sir, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter (friends list).

SmokeScreen on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Damn, I just got 18 awards for a match I just played. In that match alone, I received five light machine gun efficiency trophies, a combat efficiency trophy (six kill streak), three kill assist trophies, a squad member trophy, best squad trophy, four objective defender trophies, a winning team trophy, a bronze defend patch, and santas little helper wildcard. It was an absolute insane round. That XM8 LMG is awesome.

So I've got another unlock point, and I think I'll use it on the second Support weapon, the MG36. Good game so far. We need to get on together later today.

Dashui on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    gamertag is Enders8, would gladly jump in with any of you

Will be playing after classes

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Make sure you guys send a request to PA Battlefield so you can see who has the beta (and eventually the full game in June) and who is playing. I'm going to try to get Kog to update the OP with that information, too.

And you'll have to excuse all my posting. :) I haven't gone to sleep yet, and it's already 9:21 AM. I was about to head to sleep hours ago, and then the beta servers came online. I just had to try it, and seem to be unable to stop playing.

Edit: If anyone wants, I could try and make a new thread with a bunch of information and screens of the game, or is this one fine for now?

Dashui on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well I'm at work for another.. 5 hours, give or take. I'm now getting pretty jealous and wish to make with the playings as soon as possible, because this sounds like a barrel of refined fun ($200 a gallon).

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I sent a friend request to the PA group and updated the OP to be more up to the PA standards originally I just posted a quick blurb to help everyone get beta keys as quickly as possible.

Kogareru on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    gamertag is Enders8, would gladly jump in with any of you

Will be playing after classes

Arguments over which Support will follow Enders around and drop medkits for him in 5... 4..

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, are you really going to have to buy other guns in this game?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Dammit, this sounds awesome but every time I try to join a server I just stay at the menu.

EDIT: Also, do destroyed buildings/terrain regenerate over time?

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    PacifistPacifist Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Looks like EA is still up to its lame tricks:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/03/ea-explains-bat.html
    After the recent furor over the weapons included with Battlefield: Bad Company that apparently are only available as a separate purchase, Electronic Arts emailed Game|Life to point out that things aren't exactly as they seem.
    The weapons, they claim, are not all mere cash grabs. Instead, they are a combination of content to be released via "promotional programs" and weaponry to be included with Bad Company's collector's edition release.
    The tags currently attached to the weapons saying "Buy this weapon on Xbox Live Marketplace" refer to gamers' ability to purchase the weapons even if they miss the promotional events or only purchase the standard edition of the game, EA says.

Five of the guns the beta currently has tagged as for sale on Xbox Live Marketplace are actually going to be packed into the upcoming "Gold Edition" of the game, a special version that includes additional content for a higher price tag than the standard release.
    Those weapons will also be available to players of the regular edition from Xbox Live Marketplace.
    The remaining five are to be released by EA through a series of pre-launch "free of charge promotional events."
    Details on the Gold Edition and the planned pre-launch promotional campaign should be coming soon.

There are 10 weapons that do not come with the regular version. 5 of them you can acquire through promotional codes and the other 5 you only get if you purchase the LE.

So yeah... if you want the "full game" you need to purchase the LE. Way to go, EA.

I'm not saying these 5 weapons are super special or that I event want them, but having to pay extra for content that was created along with the rest of the game is insulting and a small taste of things to come.

Pacifist on
    XBL: Pacifist NJ
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It is 9:29AM and I won't get home from work till at least 5 or 6.. Somebody hold me.

Oh oh my Live name is SpanWolf (duh.. points down) and anybody that adds me just send a Live Note letting me know you're from PA.

Also I haven't played yet but tactical idea, Tank Sniping! Basically imagine a regular sniper, but if he weighed a few dozen tons. You can drive your tank through walls right.. well imagine driving your tank through the back wall of a building and up to the front wall but not through it. You just put your cannon out the front window and lie in wait for unsuspecting victims. This tactic wouldn't work for long, but you could probably get a handful of kills while people try to figure out where the hell tank shells are coming from when they see no tanks and just buildings!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    TarpoTarpo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I loaded it up last night and if I ever get out of work today I will be on tonight. Feel free to add Tarpo76 to your lists. I'll be adding PABattlefield tonight for sure.

Tarpo on
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I can't get back to the instructions page. Where do we input the key?

wavecutter on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    wavecutter wrote: »
    I can't get back to the instructions page. Where do we input the key?

Go to the marketplace and use the redeem code thing to put the key in.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey, Thanks a lot.

wavecutter on
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    My key is on hold :(

Sad panda.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I have no key. :(

Any IGN subscribers who don't have a 360 who'd like to give me a key? :)

Kaseius on