As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW [Chat]: What will Drysc do?

• Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It'll come out on April Fool's Day just to fuck with everyone.

Or not come out on that day, also just to fuck with everyone.

But certainly not before then, because if it came out before then, they wouldn't be able to fuck with everyone.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, if the expansion finally gets a release date and it's something like Jan/Feb '09, I'll be freezing my account again. I've all but run out of things to do and with their new little horseshit season 3 rating requirement decision, the only thing I do with any degree of regularity is a thing of the past.

Shit, I've even blown thousands of gold leveling blacksmithing, engineering and enchanting 0-375 just to have something to DO. I'm out of alts that I seriously care about leveling.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I just wish the Aldor's tabard wasn't so godawfully ugly. Give me the Scryers tabard with the Aldor's rewards.

The Aldor tabard matches my shield. But we all know the Sporegar tabard is where it's at.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    shadowane wrote: »
    Scryers/Aldor is actually grind lower level marks until honored, then quest, then turn in higher level marks.

But I mean it helps, but it just keeps you from having to grind as much. There isn't really a correct way to do it.

I seem to recall doing all the netherstorm/SMV quests and still not being at honored, so I had to go grind firewing point for a bit. Certainly you should turn in the lower level signets sooner rather than later, but I don't know that I would suggest actively grinding them all the way to honored first. Unless they're better rep per turn-in, or better rep on average because of drop rates? I didn't pay too much attention to that. I just made sure to save the sunfury signets and tomes.
    You can only do the lower level turnins until honored but the quests give rep forever. Therefore, if you are looking to maximize rep, you grind the lower level turnins to get you to honored (which only takes like 3 or 4 hours) and then do the quests. That's all.

shadowane on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    RE: WotLK. They said before that they feel Naxx was "in play" for too little time.

Keep in mind that, if I'm not mistaken, Sunwell has about 1/2 as many encounters as Naxx had, so even with an equal amount of time given between "last dungeon" and "expansion", there's far more time per boss/encounter to down things and farm it.

Also, no attunement. The hardest of the hardcore probably farmed or bought their way into Naxx on the first night, but many guilds (my old one included) had people struggling to get their attunement in, or trying to put it off while grinding out those last few points to _____ed, etc.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, if the expansion finally gets a release date and it's something like Jan/Feb '09, I'll be freezing my account again. I've all but run out of things to do and with their new little horseshit season 3 rating requirement decision, the only thing I do with any degree of regularity is a thing of the past.

Shit, I've even blown thousands of gold leveling blacksmithing, engineering and enchanting 0-375 just to have something to DO. I'm out of alts that I seriously care about leveling.
    If you have any alts that you are even thinking about leveling to 70, do it now. It's hard enough driving on 58 in a sparsely populated Old World without having to grind 12 more levels in a dusty Outland. Figuring that Outland will be eeeeeempty for a couple of months until the round of new characters spawned by WOTLK reach 58.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Fairchild wrote: »

If you have any alts that you are even thinking about leveling to 70, do it now. It's hard enough driving on 58 in a sparsely populated Old World without having to grind 12 more levels in a dusty Outland. Figuring that Outland will be eeeeeempty for a couple of months until the round of new characters spawned by WOTLK reach 58.
    Nah. There will be thousands of Death Knights LF1M NEED HEALS.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yeah I'm leveling up 3 alts at the moment and I hope I can get them to outlands by the expansion. I don't play a ton but they are all almost level 30 and so I figure I have plenty of time.

shadowane on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    RE: WotLK. They said before that they feel Naxx was "in play" for too little time.

Keep in mind that, if I'm not mistaken, Sunwell has about 1/2 as many encounters as Naxx had, so even with an equal amount of time given between "last dungeon" and "expansion", there's far more time per boss/encounter to down things and farm it.

Also, no attunement. The hardest of the hardcore probably farmed or bought their way into Naxx on the first night, but many guilds (my old one included) had people struggling to get their attunement in, or trying to put it off while grinding out those last few points to _____ed, etc.

Where people seriously cock blocked by the Naxx Attunements? Given that you could buy your way in moderately cheaply it shouldn't have been that big an issue.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    And you think it's hard getting a Ring of Blood group together now...

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Outland will be full of Death Knights

(Forums are busy today!)

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Where people seriously cock blocked by the Naxx Attunements? Given that you could buy your way in moderately cheaply it shouldn't have been that big an issue.

A huge cockblock? No. But surely there must've been times when you were short a ____, or a couple ____, and someone said "Hey! "X" is on! Let's invite them!" And you said "Hey, X, wanna go to Naxx?" and they said "Sorry, not attuned"? No? Not at all? Just me?

Regardless: "No attunement" is easier to walk into than "an attunement". The attunement might be "Hey, go walk over to that guy. He's right over there. Just cross the damned room!" and some fuckwit will manage to have not done it.

MC, Onyxia, BWL, if it had an attuenement, I've either A) Speed run people through it, or B) turned people away for not being attuned to it.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The untested bosses thing isn't such a big deal, since apparently they removed the repfarming thing. So they'll just keep KJ and whoever's before him on the PTR awhile longer, and unlock that part of the instance whenever they think it's ready.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Okay, so, I've played all the Warcraft RTS games, but they were a while ago and I don't remember everything... So, I ask y'all. Is there a lore-based reason why all Undead are zombie-humans? Why no undead dwarfs, gnomes, trolls, orcs, elves, etc? There are tons of zombie-ogres, and there is that one zombie-gnome in UC that stands around doing nothing...

I'd love to roll a zombie-dwarf warrior...

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Man, the MC Attunement is a badge of honor to complete legitamately.

I think you shouldn't be allowed to level past 60 without getting it!

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    Okay, so, I've played all the Warcraft RTS games, but they were a while ago and I don't remember everything... So, I ask y'all. Is there a lore-based reason why all Undead are zombie-humans? Why no undead dwarfs, gnomes, trolls, orcs, elves, etc? There are tons of zombie-ogres, and there is that one zombie-gnome in UC that stands around doing nothing...

I'd love to roll a zombie-dwarf warrior...

Those cost $$ and time to make.

There are some "undead" for other races, but it's just some color swapping

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I think it has to do with the scourge virus only affecting humans and elves.

edit: Or I'm wrong.

shadowane on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, IIRC the plague was initially released in human-dominated areas, so all the victims would be human. Since the plague has more or less died off and I assume the forsaken aren't infecting new people (although they're trying!), it sort of makes sense that they'd all be human.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The scourge are still out there, though. Can't they just head over to Kalimdor and release some more plague and make a bunch of zombie cows? They did it to the quillboars in RFD, and I seem to recall the bears in WPL being infected (but maybe they're just 'infected' and not undead). I don't think it's a species dependent thing.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Perhaps it's a genetic thing? Maybe the process just doesn't work on most specimens from the other races for one reason or another, such as Dwarves (and Gnomes?) having a tie to elemental Earth, etc?

Forar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Perhaps it's a genetic thing? Maybe the process just doesn't work on most specimens from the other races for one reason or another, such as Dwarves (and Gnomes?) having a tie to elemental Earth, etc?
    There is one undead gnome in Undercity. He might just be an experiment, though.

I'm thinking Waffle has the only real, good reason.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Heh. If only Onyxia had a speed-runnable attunement. But nooooooooo.

Some of the attunement quest rewards were pretty good, tho, especially Blackhand's Breadth.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    OscrethOscreth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Forar, I don't know when it happened as I usually skip weekend forum browsing . . but I'm really glad you got your pryde back.

Oscreth on
    Old man, family, works too hard, locked into a routine, but still plays with army men and video games.

If you want to play League of Legends, here is my refer a friend: So I get points
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

A huge cockblock? No. But surely there must've been times when you were short a ____, or a couple ____, and someone said "Hey! "X" is on! Let's invite them!" And you said "Hey, X, wanna go to Naxx?" and they said "Sorry, not attuned"? No? Not at all? Just me?

Regardless: "No attunement" is easier to walk into than "an attunement". The attunement might be "Hey, go walk over to that guy. He's right over there. Just cross the damned room!" and some fuckwit will manage to have not done it.

MC, Onyxia, BWL, if it had an attuenement, I've either A) Speed run people through it, or B) turned people away for not being attuned to it.

We may have just lucked out but the few times it did happen we just attuned them on the spot.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Also, in other news I now just need Kureni, MH and BT reps and I have completed all of the TBC rep grinds until Shattered Sun.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    101 Pages.

I wonder what the new chat will be named...

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    fuck I didn't realize how awesome mad alchemy potions are

and those new alch trinkets coming out next patch are more or less as good as some of the shit illadin drops (for healers at least)

fuck

fuck fuck fuck

goddamnit I'm going to have to drop eng for alch and herb again GODDAMNIT

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hmmm...

Explain the four horsemen? I see an undead dwarf there...

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oscreth wrote: »
    Forar, I don't know when it happened as I usually skip weekend forum browsing . . but I'm really glad you got your pryde back.

Heh, thanks. I've been thinking of changing it for a while, actually, but I can't find a good shot of the character I want to replace her with using GIS or just browsing the issues I have on hand.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oscreth wrote: »

Heh, thanks. I've been thinking of changing it for a while, actually, but I can't find a good shot of the character I want to replace her with using GIS or just browsing the issues I have on hand.

Who is it and have you tried Scan's Daily?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, the MC Attunement is a badge of honor to complete legitamately.

I think you shouldn't be allowed to level past 60 without getting it!

Shit, that attunement was the most fun I've had in WoW. Mainly because I solo'd it as a druid without fighting IIRC a single mob until I got to the stone. Many "oh shit, please don't see me" and "Dear lord...please don't have an elemental submurged in the one section of lava I'm about to run through" moments were had.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hmmm...

The basis of the the four horsemen is that each eminates an a stacking debuff, about 40 yards range, every 15 seconds. First two applications barely do any damage, but five of them will kill even the tank most likely. So it becomes a huge choreographed dance to make sure everyone is at a different horseman all the time. There are also mechanisms in place to force multiple people having to be near each boss (meteor), a nasty chain lightning, as well as them shield walling 3x each. And even if you kill them, they keep radiating their aura as static ghosts.

It was the major cockblock in Naxx in the old days. Longest unnerfed / unbugged boss to been taken down (Took about 65 days from the first tries to the first kill). Partially because it required more tanks then most guilds had (6 for one strat, 8 for the most used one, although a 4 tank strat was created later on). Partially because it allows for nearly no mistakes, and is so complex. It was also consumables central, without a fully flasked raid (Back when flasks were pretty damn expensive)+stacking elixers / other buffs (inc. world buffs).

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I don't think they meant "explain the 4 horsemen encounter" so much as "explain why there's an undead dwarf there".

Forar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Hmmm...

The basis of the the four horsemen is that each eminates an a stacking debuff, about 40 yards range, every 15 seconds. First two applications barely do any damage, but five of them will kill even the tank most likely. So it becomes a huge choreographed dance to make sure everyone is at a different horseman all the time. There are also mechanisms in place to force multiple people having to be near each boss (meteor), a nasty chain lightning, as well as them shield walling 3x each. And even if you kill them, they keep radiating their aura as static ghosts.

It was the major cockblock in Naxx in the old days. Longest unnerfed / bugged boss to been taken down (Took about 65 days from the first tries to the first kill). Partially because it required more tanks then most guilds had (6 for one strat, 8 for the most used one, although a 4 tank strat was created later on). Partially because it allows for nearly no mistakes, and is so complex. It was also consumables central, without a fully flasked raid (Back when flasks were pretty damn expensive)+stacking elixers / other buffs (inc. raid buffs).

I think he ment the it as a rebuttal to the "Dwarfs can't be Undead" comment.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Uh, the 25 man has been unlocked on the PTR since it was released. It is now locked with I believe, every boss but Kil'Jaeden having been tested.

Well, I went hunting for what I'd read on this, and I think the source of my confusion was that KJ isn't tested. So I apologize for my confusion there.

Finally saw some numbers on the Spirit change. I'm figuring out exactly what it means for me as I type...

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Sad but so true.

riz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Has anyone in BT/Hyjal Not had someone forget to pick up a quest item?

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I assumed that there were more Undead races, it's just that player-created characters spawn right next to what used to be a major human city, and thus they are more likely to be human (as Dwarves and Gnomes lived further south and High Elves lived further north).

Lars on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    101 Pages.

I wonder what the new chat will be named...

Yeah mad alch potions + trinket = NAM NAM NAM CHEAP CHAIN CHUG

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
This discussion has been closed.