As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW [Chat]: What will Drysc do?

• Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    There seems to be a difference between mere "undead" and "zombie scourge". The forsaken are mainly undead who still possess the remnants of their own bodies, their "souls" or "minds" or whatever are still reasonably intact, and they are those people who, for whatever poorly explained reasons, were killed and enslaved by the scourge, but then broke free. They're all human because the plague was specifically designed to kill humans, but not release their spirits, so that they could be controlled by the Lich King. Elves like Sylvannis were not killed en masse by the plague, but by Arthas and KT, and could be deliberately and specifically imprisoned in their bodies (or have their spirits controlled), but it wasn't a mass-conversion like what happened in Lorderan. Presumably the same could have been done for gnomes/dwarves/etc, but the Lich King decided to focus on Humans, probably because some of them were his willing helpers.

The scourge is currently working on two other projects to kill & enslave two other races... the one for the quillboar was moving along nicely (until me and some friends went in, killed the scourge agents there, hopefully cleared out the problem... no thanks necessary, that sword is payment enough), and also, is working on the trolls in the plaguelands. We haven't seen how that one turned out... it is merely at the "foreshadowing" stage.

As for the other undead lurking around the world, they are uncontrolled, and aren't related to the scourge threat, per se. They are ghosts or shades that remain connected to this world somehow, either by their own designs or those of a particulary crazy wizard (i.e., Arugal, Medivh).

Edit: TL;DR summary: There are valid reasons why the Forsaken are all former humans. Also, beware the zombie trolls.

dojango on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Regardless: "No attunement" is easier to walk into than "an attunement". The attunement might be "Hey, go walk over to that guy. He's right over there. Just cross the damned room!" and some fuckwit will manage to have not done it.

Sad but so true.

Yeah I think I'm going to sig dis.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Had 3 people in our group fail the attunement to OH, yesterday. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    WoW [Chat] Can i has a 2.4 nao?

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wait, why are mad alch potions so great? I thought they give a highly random effect? Wowhead doesn't say they do anything other than random buffs.

Also, I guess I fail at alchemy, since I never bothered to buy the recipe after it was patched in.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Saban wrote: »
    dead_lolcats.jpg

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Wait, why are mad alch potions so great? I thought they give a highly random effect? Wowhead doesn't say they do anything other than random buffs.

Also, I guess I fail at alchemy, since I never bothered to buy the recipe after it was patched in.

They only take 2 Ragveil per potion which is really cheap and easy to farm, and every time you take on you get a random guardian or battle elixir buff. Not that you'll always get a useful buff, but at least it doesn't give melee classes buffs better suited to a caster.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    dead_lolcats.jpg

can i has lolcat genocide?

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    mad alchemist potions are also rejuvenation potions, giving the same hp/mana as the second highest hp/mana potion. They're pretty great for grinding/instancing, cheap, free buffs, and with the stone, even better.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mad Alchemist Potions are also nice for locks, I think, because you can life tap a couple times, chug one & get yourself back up to full on either side of the hp/mp bar. Even if it likes giving me Elixir of Ironskin during raids.

zagi on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    Uh, the 25 man has been unlocked on the PTR since it was released. It is now locked with I believe, every boss but Kil'Jaeden having been tested.

Well, I went hunting for what I'd read on this, and I think the source of my confusion was that KJ isn't tested. So I apologize for my confusion there.

Finally saw some numbers on the Spirit change. I'm figuring out exactly what it means for me as I type...

Use this script to determine your active and passive MP5 in 2.4:

/script local multi = 0.3; local mp5 = 50; local fromSpi = (5 * (0.001 + sqrt(UnitStat("player", 4)) * UnitStat("player", 5) * 0.009327)); DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(("MP5: Passive: %d, Active: %d"):format((mp5 + fromSpi), ((fromSpi * multi) + mp5)));

Replace the multi value with your while-casting percentage from talents. Replace the mp5 value with your total mp5 from gear and talents.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    dead_lolcats.jpg

Where can I get one of them? O_o

Tav on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    OHHHHH GAWD REST TAAAAAKES FOREVER TO BUILD UP!!!!!!

I WANNA PLAY MAH MAGE BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE I NEED REEEEEEST!

Tav on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Why bother? It's still miles faster to level without it, in terms of real time.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »

Because I prefer logging on, blasting out a level in an hour and a half and really enjoying it rather then it being a slog all the way to 70

Tav on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »

Because multiple characters grinding around the same level = teh win (sic). At least in my experience, anyway. More than once I've gotten a nice blue drop for class X while playing class Y.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Drysc wrote:
    The doors to the 2.4 Public Test Realm and Tournament Test Realm are now closing. We wanted to thank everyone for their participation and bug reports, and we'll see you on the live realms!

Yay!

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Soon time to not play for a week till my UI works again!

815165 on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Time to farm up some golds in anticipation of Plans: Hard Khorium Battleplate dropping off the first trash mobs our server's T6 guilds kill.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hmm, no official "extended maintenance" notice on the WoWWhineplay boards yet... but it seems one of the third party download sites put up a nearly 1 gig patch download and then took it down. Looks like we may have patchiness tomorrow after all... Operative word is still MAY.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The official maintenance notice, extended or otherwise, tends to be notoriously late anyway.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    2.4 is most certainly tomorrow. so I hear.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ooh thats good

i farmed 55 badges doing just heroics (no kara) over the weekend, and the temptation to spend them on an upgrade was STRONG but now I can resist and buy my lovely chest with 45 more

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I got 146 badges. One or two more heroics, and it's axe time. And also time to collect 100 more for legplates. Luckily, I like heroics.

The other problem is that the badge vendor isn't open right away ([1. General - Isle of Quel'danas] is going to be flooded with "WHERES THE BADGE VENDOR??" this week), and relies on plenty of people doing dailies.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Already have the 150 badges for the sexy dagger of awesomesauce for my boomkin! Come on patch!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    I think I'll pick up the warrior tanking gloves and legs fer me paladin

I'd get the healing mace if I weren't so bored with healing

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    I think I'll pick up the warrior tanking gloves and legs fer me paladin

I'd get the healing mace if I weren't so bored with healing

I plan to get the badge tanking chest. not the spelldamage one, the other.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    official downtime extension notice up

kaleedity on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The doors to the 2.4 Public Test Realm and Tournament Test Realm are now closing. We wanted to thank everyone for their participation and bug reports, and we'll see you on the live realms!
    So, yes, tomorrow.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    The other problem is that the badge vendor isn't open right away ([1. General - Isle of Quel'danas] is going to be flooded with "WHERES THE BADGE VENDOR??" this week), and relies on plenty of people doing dailies.

the doors open with time and do not depend on any quests, dailies or the raid drops i heard they were going to put in.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    format wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »

the doors open with time and do not depend on any quests, dailies or the raid drops i heard they were going to put in.

the doors are the 25man raid instance.

they do open with time

the badge vendor is part of the settlement on the Isle of Quel'Danas, and is opened by dailies.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    MephistophelesMephistopheles Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I hear the multi-target skills are back to breaking CC. Only one that is confirmed is Multi-Shot, but Hortus said most were reverted.

please not swipe, please not swipe

Mephistopheles on
    "Friends are just enemies in reverse."
    - Gary Busey
    A Glass, Darkly
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Swipe now only hits things that are CCed actually.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I KNEW IT

Mephistopheles on
    - Gary Busey
    A Glass, Darkly
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Might as well start us off.

ZOMG 2.4 Y CANT I GET BACK ON THE SERVER YET SO XCITED.

ok go.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    fucking maintenance

am i doing it right

mate

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Mephistopheles on
    - Gary Busey
    A Glass, Darkly
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The timing couldn't be sweeter - I threw an app into a cool guild that's just started Hyjal in hopes of making their 10 man clears, and apparently their raiding core is short healers in general. Now no attunement stands between me and Azgalor attempts tonight.

RIGHT PLACE. RIGHT TIME. MAKING MOVES.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Meh I wanted it to be next week.

Also did anyone else catch that "The forums are unavailable!" here last night and laugh? I had this vision of the forums being down during extended maintenance and everyone going craaaaazy.

riz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    but

i play wow

then during maintenance i come here and talk about wow

WHAT WOULD I HAVE DONE WITHOUT THE FORUMS

Dhalphir on
This discussion has been closed.