As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla]No-ThemePost-RestrictionUPickNo-PMMini-Phalla Game Over, Evil Wins

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Aroduc was very
    eager to die last game, I
    shall help them along.

Oats on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2008
    ... :|

But... but... my precious things. :x

I'll be just as eager to die if this one ends up six days in and nobody has paid a damn bit of attention to me. Thankfully, that's slightly impossible. :P

Aroduc on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Huh..

I'm curious to see what else comes up before jumping on a bandwagon. Ya' know, examining evidence and what-not.

Shamus on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2008
    Also, I'm pretty sure that 'Aroduc' is three syllables, haiku boy. :P

REPENT YOUR FAILURE.

I'm somewhat suspicious of Locus since he's doing the whole "look at me and how concerned I am" but that could also be a factor of him always talking about himself. :oops:

Otherwise *shrug* The way this plays out largely depends on the specials not being lame cowards. 9 vs 3 ain't good odds without a guardian around. Not like they're much better with a guardian around, but at least it lets the seer do some useful things if he's got a pair.
    joshicon.gif

Aroduc on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am the seer.

I can't really do much with this ability. I can seer a bad guy in which case "Wahoo!". Or I can seer a good guy and steer everyone away from bandwagoning them. That's about the best I can do. I am all but useless without going public, as Aroduc noted.

I have no way to prove myself. I cannot form a network. I can try and seer a bad guy, that's it. I would ask the guardian to protect me if he trusts me. If not, my death will hamper the village, but not significantly. I will RNG a seering target tonight.

Locus on
    edited March 2008
    I am doing this because we only have about two days to find a bad guy, or we are screwed. I don't have time to dick around. Also, I've been dying relatively early recently. Once again, I don't really have time to dick around.

Locus on
    edited March 2008
    Assuming, and we are assuming, that you are the seer, I would say you might want to seer one of the inactives. In the same vein, I !vote PsychoLarry1 for now.

Epic reveal? I am a leaf on the wind.

Shamus on
    edited March 2008
    There is so much more that I can do
    than some mere plebeian haiku.

Oats on
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yeah, so - this will be an interesting thing, and hopefully we'll find out what is

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2008
    Doot doot doot. :...:

It's what I'd have done if I was the seer. ;-) Of course, it's also what I'd have done if I was a monster in order to try to force the seer out since they have no private communique. I'm pretty sure our monsters aren't capable of that kind of double think though and value their own lives more than trying to outthink the rest. :whistle:

Although, if you are a monster and the actual seer is one of the inactives/idles... well, then I just break shit.

Aroduc on
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Varcayn commends Locus' suggestion about not voting for people with annoying restrictions. Also, he suggests that we go with Locus' claims for now and urges the guardian to protect him until things develop further.

Varcayn also throws down a RNG placeholder vote for !precisionk at this time. He finds the fact that his RNG came up with pk after the explosions in phallisionk to be somewhat amusing.

Varcayn on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Your vote for me !Shamus penetrates me deeply. It even caused me to respond explosively, which I'm sure you can now appreciate.

I think it's time for our William Tell routine.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Who are the Mafia? Is Locus really the seer? Is our guardian paying attention? Will DA manage to not screw up this super-annoying post restriction?

Does !Shamus know? Is this a horrible mistake simple because I need to nap?

Is my post restriction thorgot's annoyingly hilarious revenge?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited March 2008
    Hey, it's at least not
    as annoying as counting
    to five-seven-five.

Oats on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hm, I have to catch up before I vote, I have to say...Switching back and fourth should prove to be a pain.To say the least.

Egos on
    edited March 2008
    Oatway wrote: »
    Hey, it's at least not
    as annoying as counting
    to five-seven-five.
    Surely you think that yours has more style than this? How many ways can I come up with to make statements disguised as questions?

Given that the OP says only the mafia are lacking restrictions, can Locus tell us his post restriction? Will such an action make us feel more secure in our claimed seer or merely be a waste of time?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited March 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    Hm, I have to catch up before I vote, I have to say...Switching back and fourth should prove to be a pain.To say the least.
    But from what the typewriter tells me, you love switching to the back.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited March 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    But from what the typewriter tells me, you love switching to the back.

Damn you, Psycholarry1! Damn you and your innuendo, or at least what I think is innuendo.

Egos on
    edited March 2008
    Sorry DA, Varcayn believes that PL1 seems to have the most difficult post restriction to communicate with.
    Or the best? :winky:

Varcayn on
    edited March 2008
    Hey, it's at least not
    as annoying as counting
    to five-seven-five.
    Surely you think that yours has more style than this? How many ways can I come up with to make statements disguised as questions?

Given that the OP says only the mafia are lacking restrictions, can Locus tell us his post restriction? Will such an action make us feel more secure in our claimed seer or merely be a waste of time?
    I sure can. I will now quote a snippet from my role PM. I can't do any better than this. I could be lying. My lying skills are not the greatest, though.
    My Role PM wrote:
    Self-absorbed: Every sentence you post must begin with the word I, my, or any clause which makes it clear that you are the important one here, not the person you're talking about.

Locus on
    edited March 2008
    I don't mean to wound, PsychoLarry1, it was only temporary. But notice how quickly DevoutelyApathetic is quick to, in turn, play follow the leader.

Shamus on
    edited March 2008
    Locus wrote: »
    Hey, it's at least not
    as annoying as counting
    to five-seven-five.

I sure can. I will now quote a snippet from my role PM. I can't do any better than this. I could be lying. My lying skills are not the greatest, though.
    My Role PM wrote:
    Self-absorbed: Every sentence you post must begin with the word I, my, or any clause which makes it clear that you are the important one here, not the person you're talking about.

Are you B:L or something?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited March 2008
    Shamus wrote: »
    I don't mean to wound, PsychoLarry1, it was only temporary. But notice how quickly DevoutelyApathetic is quick to, in turn, play follow the leader.
    There are a number of games that DA loves to play even more. They give him a 'Kafka' high, make him feel like a bug.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This is most curious. Most curious indeed. Tonight is an odd night. We have very little to go on as a group as of now, which means we're shooting mostly blind.
    Our best bet is trying to figure out whose Post Restriction is faked, IMO.
    Perhaps revealing all of our post restrictions is a good idea?

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey, it's at least not
    as annoying as counting
    to five-seven-five.

My Role PM wrote:

You're lucky, you're not on a quota. icon_teach.gif

It could be worse. At least I don't have to post in limerick form. icon_shake.gif

Uh... I got a feeling about Varcayn. I dunno. Just gut instinct. :winky:

Aroduc on
    edited March 2008
    Varcayn's 3rd person post restriction seems too simple. Suspicious enough for a Day 1 vote? Hell yeah.

P10 on
    edited March 2008
    aye - and then we would see who wheren't following what they where saying they should be following, which would be

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited March 2008
    I am of the opinion that we should observe everyone's post restriction and look for overlap or anything that does not fit.

My vote? My !vote goes to Varcayn. I think his support for me lacked the requisite suspicion.

Locus on
    edited March 2008
    good to know, if not. by us posting this, they will know and everything is out of the bag, which would be bad, and Varcayn looks like a good

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey, it's at least not
    as annoying as counting
    to five-seven-five.

My Role PM wrote:

I resent that.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited March 2008
    Varcayn's 3rd person post restriction seems too simple.
    Some of the other restrictions don't seem simple to you? Granted Shamus and Pk have ones that certainly seem taxing.But others have seemed pretty simple...

Egos on
    edited March 2008
    While Varcayn commends Aroduc for his use of truthiness, he notices that !PRËTËNTIÖüS, of the doezn players, seems to have the least obvious post restriction and was very quick to follow Aroduc on a gut feeling. Varcayn is thus suspicious of his actions.

Also, Varcayn supported Locus earlier because he thought it was the best rational option the group had. If no one else claims to be the seer today, then it is probable that Locus is either the true seer, or one of the villains, and not just a random villager pretending to be the seer due to the lack of contact outside this thread. Varcayn suggested that the guardian should protect him, because under option A, if Locus is the seer, then he should obviously be protected. If, under option B, Locus is a villain, then the guardian would merely have given up his 11% chance of blocking the kill of the evil players, which was, in Varcayn's opinion, a negligible loss, given the chance to protect the seer.

Varcayn on
    edited March 2008
    Theoretically Pretentious's restriction could be that he doesn't have one. Kind of an odd one but possible. Could be the reason he thinks yours is far too simple, especially if he hasn't had time to look over the thread.

Egos on
    edited March 2008
    My post restriction is not obvious, yet. But Egos raises a good point. I think...Frostmist! You bandwagoneer! Off with your head!

Egos: My post restriction is stupid and lazy of Thorgot. I'm angry at him for giving me such a crappy one.

P10 on
    edited March 2008
    Hey, it's at least not
    as annoying as counting
    to five-seven-five.

My Role PM wrote:

Ah ha ha ha ha
    Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee
    Oh ho ho ho ho

Oats on
    edited March 2008
    You know, all things considered, Haiku is pretty simple as well. So many options to choose! Help me think, Oatway!

I realized, it'd probably be easier for everyone involved if I just came out and said what my post restriction is. Any objections?

P10 on
    edited March 2008
    Interesting.

Shamus on
    edited March 2008
    I suppose I'll vote !precisionk as he doesn't seem to have any votes on him.

Btw this is just meant to prevent me from being an inactive, not as finger pointing or anything of that sort.

Egos on
    edited March 2008
    You know, all things considered, Haiku is pretty simple as well. So many options to choose! Help me think, Oatway!

I realized, it'd probably be easier for everyone involved if I just came out and said what my post restriction is. Any objections?

You seem to have missed my other post,
    where I brag that haiku is far from the most,
    of my abilities,
    you foolish tease.

Oats on
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, don't take it personality Oatway. I have a quota of votes to make. It's...unfortunate.

P10 on