As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Eliot Spitzer, Mr Law & Order

124»

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    The topic of this thread is not 'lol lets gloat because we're so much better'. The topic of the thread is in the OP. Stick to it.

I thought the OP is basically asking us if we think Spitzer is an idiot.

The answer to that is, of course, "yes" which doesn't leave much room for discussion.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    well some of you managed a nice little chat on the political ramifications and whatnot. Now tell me about the new dude. What's his deal and are people still going nuts over him being not of the pale persuasion and basically unelected?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm in NY, so anecdotally speaking, he seems to have immediate respect. I'm not really big into politics but I've yet to encounter someone unhappy by at least this half of the Spitzer scandal.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think Spitzer's more a victim of his own hubris. I guess all those years working in the AGs office made him think he was above the law or apart from it. Or maybe smarter than the average AG.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    :^:

so the "this was payback from wall street for messing with them" thing didn't seem to take off, despite seeming a bit obvious to me. Mind you, I've been getting most of my news from the Times and the SMH. Is no-one looking at that anymore?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    The girl is pretty much dominating the story now.

Malkor on
  • OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    The girl is pretty much dominating the story now.

Yeah no offense but which one is more interesting to mainstream media, another scandal caused by some old white guy with political power fucking up, or the attractive (I guess) white girl involved in the scandal who just lost a million dollars for doing something stupid, there on video for the world to see?

Octoparrot on
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    God, I love this country.

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Adrien wrote: »
    God, I love this country.

And I'd gladly stand up next to you, and defend her still today...

Doc on
  • yotesyotes Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, how much do these governor dudes earn anyways? The US president gets about $400k a year, but even at that salary I would be reluctant to pay $x000 an hour for a prostitute, and a governor would probably get paid less.

Maybe I just don't understand how the world works.

yotes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    He has his own money.

Malkor on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    :^:

so the "this was payback from wall street for messing with them" thing didn't seem to take off, despite seeming a bit obvious to me. Mind you, I've been getting most of my news from the Times and the SMH. Is no-one looking at that anymore?

It's more or less assumed. Hell, Spitzer isn't even the first Dem governor to be targeted this way.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm loving Gov Patterson more and more every day.

Don't want to do the link? Dave Patterson did some coke, smoked some weed back in the 70s.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]