As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW [Chat]: What will Drysc do?

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah. And the bosses in 25 man raids drop Badges.

Oats on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    Ah, so Curator and Prince, and uh...Netherspite?, will drop extra T4 tokens, not extra badges.

I thought the curator dropped badges 2 or so I have not done prince because I have to leave for work about the time we get to him

Brainleech on
  • EriEri Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Netherspite doesn't drop a Tier token, but yeah.

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Eri wrote: »
    Netherspite doesn't drop a Tier token, but yeah.

I thought 3 guys dropped tokens in Kara but I was guessing :D

Brain, yes, all bosses in Kara already dropped badges, that didn't change.

Bigity on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm waiting for the massive QQing when it becomes common knowage that Tier tokens can be turned in for PvP epics.

Thomamelas on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Hmmm, to buy a PVP hawkstrider or not? I guess not because I'll never use it once I'm part of the bear cavalry. However god knows when I'll actually win a roll on that.

Edit: Thoma, canceling normal raids is probably a good thing, but I think even if we just end up lagging and wiping on Kalecgos trash for three hours, it'll be fun times, cos it's new.

I'd buy it, this and the new Elekk look really awesome compared to their older cousins.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    There's a PvP Elekk? 'Bout time!

Edit: Fuck yeah dawg!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited March 2008
    There's a PvP Elekk? 'Bout time!

Edit: Fuck yeah dawg!

And within 5 minutes of the realms comming back up the shame of gmones riding elekks continues

Brainleech on
  • LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the massive QQing when it becomes common knowage that Tier tokens can be turned in for PvP epics.

But at what level? They are about to remove S1, when S4 starts, so how will T4 tokens work? If I can turn in my lolT4glove tokens for S2/3 PvP gear, LOLLL. Yeah, there will be some pissed off people. :lol:

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
    edited March 2008
    Laurluna wrote: »

But at what level? They are about to remove S1, when S4 starts, so how will T4 tokens work? If I can turn in my lolT4glove tokens for S2/3 PvP gear, LOLLL. Yeah, there will be some pissed off people. :lol:

I thought that Tier4 is S1 Tier5 is S2 and so on?

Brainleech on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You can turn in t4 tokens for s1 gear.

projectmayhem on
    edited March 2008

Did I miss that in the patch notes?

Bigity on
    edited March 2008
    I was just looking over the revamped Justicar/S1 retadin sets. I like the improvements.

New Justicar Ret
    New S1 Ret

Now, all I need to do is collect these...

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Bigity wrote: »

Did I miss that in the patch notes?

I don't see why that's QQworthy unless you can turn in tier 4 tokens for season 3 or 4 epics. season 1 epics are crap.

DiscoZombie on
  • Gnomeland SecurityGnomeland Security Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i know this is wierd, but i cant wait to kill magtheradon (first time in like 8 months?)

i want to see the phat new 20 slot bag + gems + 20g a raider drop!

Gnomeland Security on
    edited March 2008
    I don't have any QQs about it :) T4 is probably all I will ever see, since I don't care for 25 mans and couldn't keep pace with a progression guild anyway. But it helps me get what I can, and hopefully will move to S2 items when S4 starts, etc etc.

Bigity on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Laurluna wrote: »

I thought that Tier4 is S1 Tier5 is S2 and so on?
    They did talk about that, but I didn't see it in the notes. I think they need to re-think it, because they've already stated that the S1 gear is going away when S4 drops (probably in the next month or two), so it's not clear how that will affect the 'token -> arena gear' exchange.

Halfmex on
    edited March 2008
    I got 2 T6 tokens waiting to turn into S3, but I think the shoulder rating is going to do me in the butt.

I guess I'll just turn the helm token into the pvp healing version and get the regular T6 healing shoulders.

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
    edited March 2008
    Halfmex wrote:
    They did talk about that, but I didn't see it in the notes. I think they need to re-think it, because they've already stated that the S1 gear is going away when S4 drops (probably in the next month or two), so it's not clear how that will affect the 'token -> arena gear' exchange.

I saw the NPC to exchange the tokens on the PTR, so I'm not completely sure if it was there just for the testers or if it's going to go live.

They can always keep the exchange from t4 to S1 yet remove the honor purchase ability. It'd actually be kinda nice for casual raiders.

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Oooh I totally forgot about that. In before everyone suddenly demands spots in our weekly Kara-for-alts-and-the-protadin's-Decapitator raid.

riz on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Oooh I totally forgot about that. In before everyone suddenly demands spots in our weekly Kara-for-alts-and-the-protadin's-Decapitator raid.

Wait....he a protadin with a decapitator.....you know what, I don't want to know. It makes my brain hurt to ponder.

Thomamelas on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, but as I recall, T1 only turns in for S1. Big deal. T2 for S2 is okay, but way too much effort for the shitholes that are T5 content. If I'm not mistaken, T6 doesn't even turn in for actual S3, does it? I thought that was just for the honour pieces (belt, boots, etc) somehow?

Basically, the low end stuff will be easy to get, but.. meh, and the high end stuff is still only going to be a slight catch up measure before S4 comes out and leaves it in the dust anyway.

... but my bias is well known, so I'll just go back to BSG season 3 now. >.>

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • dookieagaindookieagain Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey I know this is a bit off the discussion, but I'm not sure where else to post this. Just thought I'd share the endgame of my WoW infatuation.

522389.jpg

Yes fat hairy arm is fat and hairy.

As for tier tokens for pvp gear I hope it's still in, I have 2 T6 tokens just waiting to finish my pvp set for me.

dookieagain on
    sig1.jpg
    dookieagain.png
    edited March 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Yeah, but as I recall, T1 only turns in for S1. Big deal. T2 for S2 is okay, but way too much effort for the shitholes that are T5 content. If I'm not mistaken, T6 doesn't even turn in for actual S3, does it? I thought that was just for the honour pieces (belt, boots, etc) somehow?

Basically, the low end stuff will be easy to get, but.. meh, and the high end stuff is still only going to be a slight catch up measure before S4 comes out and leaves it in the dust anyway.

... but my bias is well known, so I'll just go back to BSG season 3 now. >.>

It won't stop the QQing. There is no QQing like PvPer QQing.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2008

Wait....he a protadin with a decapitator.....you know what, I don't want to know. It makes my brain hurt to ponder.

I would like the decapitator on my paladin so I have two things to throw at people but would I really use it for other than that? not really

Brainleech on
  • KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I thought the Tier drop increase only affected 25mans?

Kartan on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

He wants it for Council in case Avenger's Shield misses when he's trying to grab the rogue or something. :lol:

riz on
    edited March 2008

I would like the decapitator on my paladin so I have two things to throw at people but would I really use it for other than that? not really

I had one until I vendored it. The ability was amusing a few times but got old...where as Avenger's Shield never gets old. I have a mod by Saeris which has a random chance of shouting an action and I have a bunch of stuff set to proc off of it. "Avenger's Assemble!"

Thomamelas on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Isn't that why every Paladin still carries Linken's Boomerang, for that elusive second object to fling at people ?

Fairchild on
  • zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    *sigh* I wonder if I should look forward to raiding today or no. Or will the server comply & not crash every hour...

Man, all my UIs are gonna be shot. >.<

zagi on
    edited March 2008
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Isn't that why every Paladin still carries Linken's Boomerang, for that elusive second object to fling at people ?

Hey, some of us use Gnomish deathrays for that.

Thomamelas on
  • VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

I had one until I vendored it. The ability was amusing a few times but got old...where as Avenger's Shield never gets old. I have a mod by Saeris which has a random chance of shouting an action and I have a bunch of stuff set to proc off of it. "Avenger's Assemble!"

Sounds like... Anchorman =p

I'm gna have to steal that and use it in guild chat once in a while ;o

Varethius on
    edited March 2008
    Kartan wrote: »

Looks like you are right...

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    And within 5 minutes of the realms comming back up the shame of gmones riding elekks continues
    This happened within a day of TBC coming out on the realm I played on back then.

Saw a lvl 41 Shaman that day too, weird stuff.

815165 on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So who wants to help me get 450 badges on my rogue, and at least 150 badges for my warlock?

Anybody?

Anyb.......

Ok.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    So who wants to help me get 450 badges on my rogue, and at least 150 badges for my warlock?

Anybody?

Anyb.......

Ok.

You know I'm down for a heroic or two, just send me a tell in game.

Sckooter, Phender, and Baiow are the toons I play.

Beyond Normal on
    edited March 2008
    Eri wrote: »
    Kartan wrote: »

Looks like you are right...

Yup, poo. Ah well :)

Bigity on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Yeah I keep forgetting, also my hunter is still not in a guild related to lobsters.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So random. Anyone wanna play Mario Kart DS while waiting for the servers to come up?

projectmayhem on
    edited March 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »

Yeah I keep forgetting, also my hunter is still not in a guild related to lobsters.

I may have misread the name of the toon in the mail you sent, and then accidentally deleted the mail after realizing it... then... ummm, shit I forgot.

Whats his name again?

Beyond Normal on
This discussion has been closed.