As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla]No-ThemePost-RestrictionUPickNo-PMMini-Phalla Game Over, Evil Wins

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Somebody asked if revealing that player #3 is Marx will affect gameplay. The answer is no, it won't, mostly because that may or may not be his chosen role. I am just too lazy to remember Marx's name of the day, and I'll be damned if I'm going to copy paste his name every time I want to use it.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    and I'll be damned if I'm going to copy paste his name every time I want to use it.

I'm sorry I just thought if it was a slip you would want to know :(

Egos on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If anything it seems post restrictions are mutable. So reveal away, for tomorrow is another day.

Shamus on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Grumpiness
    I think I know of something we can do to turn that frown upside down.
    Repeat after me, "Homosexuality is the best all-round cover an agent ever had."

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Shamus wrote: »
    If anything it seems post restrictions are mutable.

If you're referring to me, I didn't know we had to remain true to our restrictions if were in question or orange mode. I just wanted to apologize to Thorgot in as a clear a fashion as possible as he seemed kinda pissed.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    If anything it seems post restrictions are mutable.

If you're referring to me, I didn't know we had to remain true to our restrictions if were in question or orange mode. I just wanted to apologize to Thorgot in as a clear a fashion as possible as he seemed kinda pissed.

Nah, not speaking about you.

Shamus on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Voting for PRËTËNTIÖüS. Why, you ask? So I can vote for Varcayn.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Double posting to vote Varcayn. Damn this post restriction.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I zhall, indeed, pozt my vote thiz evening.

I zhall, becauze I feel that zomeone muzt be eliminated, and yet I have no idea who, that my vote zhall be for myzelf.

I vote for KrataLightblade.

For now.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Day One
    "Individuals who experience manic episodes also commonly experience depressive episodes or symptoms, or mixed episodes which present with features of both mania and depression. These episodes are normally separated by periods of normal mood, but in some patients, depression and mania may rapidly alternate, known as rapid cycling. The disorder has been subdivided into bipolar I, bipolar II and cyclothymia based on the type and severity of mood episodes experienced. You have the second variety, bipolar II. I'm afraid it's incurable. You have two weeks to live."

The masked superhero just sat there, shocked. :x :(D:

"If you need some prescriptions to dull the pain, I can give you something" said the doctor, but after receiving no answer from the Bipolar Bear, he called in a nurse who took the man to a room where he would be comfortable. Aroduc took off his mask despondently. Not even an old friend, Hank Scorpio, could cheer him up. When Hank asked him why he was so mopey, he told the reformed terrorist that he had just a few weeks left in his life.

"You're mistaken, my friend. You have three seconds left in your life. PEW!" The silenced pistol did the dirty work quickly, but Hank paused in the doorway. "Nobody ever picks France. You should have stayed there, old friend."

Rejoining the mob, Hank couldn't understand why everybody was so pissed off about the death of their guardian and superhero, The Bipolar Bear, and said so. Shocked, they grabbed the grinning Hank Scorpio and tied him up. Most knew Hank by the pseudoname "Varcayn". A strange song began to pervade the air, though nobody could figure out where it was coming from:

Scorpio!
    He'll sting you with his dreams of power and wealth.
    Beware of Scorpio!
    His twisted twin obsessions are his plot to rule the world and his employees' health.

The mob started hitting Scorpio on the head with a baseball bat and a wrench.

He'll welcome you into his lair like the nobleman welcomes his guest,
    with free dental care and a stock plan that helps you invest!

The mob was chatting with the charismatic terrorist, who was still smiling at his tormentors, offering them all jobs with blood streaming down his face and blows still glancing off his chiseled jaw and beautiful hair.

So beware of his generous pensions plus three weeks paid vacation each year.

The mob stared at the dead man, suddenly uncertain of the point of their impulsive vigilante action.

And on Fridays, in the lunch rooms, theres hot dogs and burgers and beer! Yes, German beer!

The mob found a pamphlet entitled "MY EVIL PLAN TO KILL EVERYBODY IN PHALLA AND THEN TAKE OVER THE WORLD."

Everybody felt so much better that they went and had an early brunch. The pancakes were delicious.

Dead
    Aroduc - The Bipolar Bear (Voted Phalla's Guardian Angel in 2003, 2005, and 2008)
    Varcayn - Hank Scorpio (Not so much reformed as EVIL, even though you all loved him for building his Cypress Creek Creperie and offering you all a huge discount)

Remember to vote! KrataLightblade and precisionk did not vote yesterday, and will be replaced if they fail to vote today.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Damn it, I liked my old restriction.

In other news, I seered an innocent, which means I have outlived my usefulness. Please do not bandwagon this person.

Locus on
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    oooooOOOOOoooooOOOOooooo

Well damn. Look after the Broncos for me.

This format was fun, despite me lasting only one day. See you all next game.

oooooOOOOOoooooOOOOooooo

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I apologize for mizzing my vote.

It waz an accident, due to me mizunderztanding time zonez.

Today, I vote once more, oh yez, for !KrataLightblade.

And I zhall fire my zubmachinegun into the air, with no concern for where the bulletz might fall, in celebration!

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Locus wrote: »
    Damn it, I liked my old restriction.

In other news, I seered an innocent, which means I have outlived my usefulness. Please do not bandwagon this person.

I, on the other hand, am all to happy to have gained a, more fitting, post restriction. My old one didn't fit me quite so well as this new one. I do however wonder, Locus, if you would share what meager information you did procure.

It would give myself, and I suppose everyone else, the safety of not voting for a confirmed innocent.

Shamus on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !Locus, YOU ARE EVIL

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    No, I'm not.

I'll reveal the person I seered innocent if you bandwagon him. If not, I'll reveal it just before vote close so you have someone to trust tomorrow, considering I am quite likely going to die tonight.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    precisionk wrote: »
    !Locus, YOU ARE EVIL

I wonder, what justification do you have for this accusation, or does this fall under "animal instinct"? I know we are not all as gifted as I am, but please, attempt to show some degree of intelligence.

Edit: I feel there is little reason in hiding your alleged confirmed innocent, Locus. My enemies among us already know who is not innocent. I am the one left in the dark. If I am to lead, as I should, I need information. I am infallible, yes, but the mob's stupidity will drag even me down.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I understand your concern. I'm trying to think long term, since by killing a bad guy on day one we have bought ourselves more time. I don't know how many kills the bad guys have. If they have two, they will use one on me and one on someone else. If I reveal the confirmed innocent, they will target him. If I can reveal at vote close, then you at least have someone to trust tomorrow (hopefully). Revealing now will just leave you guys more in the dark in the future.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I disagree.

In my esteemed opinion, time is off the essence. I feel that we must operate quickly. Looking at the player list, I see we are now down to ten. By my word, I am innocent. I feel you are too, though it's obvious at least one dog among us does not share this opinion. His opinion, of course, matters little.

My plan is simple. By revealing your innocent target, I can subtract two more from that list of ten, leaving me with seven. I can then begin to examine those seven, in intimate detail, to then better understand which of these dogs, is in fact, a snake.

Do you not see the simple brilliance of this plan? I understand while gifted with supernatural sight, you may not be well endowed in intelligence. But fear not, Locus, I am here.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I zay.

We are not nearly paranoid enough for a Phalla game.

Thiz muzt change.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I feel it's simple, Krata.

With myself as the only capable person to be in charge, paranoia is a thing of the past. I present a shining example of the correct behavior in how to deal with the enemies among us. If my noble actions put me in danger, then I will arise beyond those who have passed already, to become a martyr for our salvation.

I feel now is a good time to approach you in what logic is there in voting for yourself? My experience in the matter that this is often a tactic of the enemy.

Shamus on
  • Options
    ArudocArudoc regular
    edited March 2008
    Signing up to be a reserve.

:shifty eyes:

Arudoc on
    rev3.gif
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Aroduc - The Bipolar Bear (Voted Phalla's Guardian Angel in 2003, 2005, and 2008)

¿Cómo Se Dice...Balls?
    B:L wrote: »
    Oatway wrote: »
    Hey, it's at least not
    as annoying as counting
    to five-seven-five.
    Surely you think that yours has more style than this? How many ways can I come up with to make statements disguised as questions?

Given that the OP says only the mafia are lacking restrictions, can Locus tell us his post restriction? Will such an action make us feel more secure in our claimed seer or merely be a waste of time?
    I sure can. I will now quote a snippet from my role PM. I can't do any better than this. I could be lying. My lying skills are not the greatest, though.
    My Role PM wrote:
    Self-absorbed: Every sentence you post must begin with the word I, my, or any clause which makes it clear that you are the important one here, not the person you're talking about.

Are you B:L or something?

I resent that.

You haven't now posted thrice in a game thread you're not even playing in?

Do you not realize I just picked a name from a long list of viable options? Do you think you're special?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well poo, there goes our
    guardian. This does not bode
    well, unless we can

do some efficient
    investigation into
    voting records.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Do you think you're special?

He's B:L. Of course he is 8-)

But not in the way you might think ;-)

Egos on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I disagree.

In my esteemed opinion, time is off the essence. I feel that we must operate quickly. Looking at the player list, I see we are now down to ten. By my word, I am innocent. I feel you are too, though it's obvious at least one dog among us does not share this opinion. His opinion, of course, matters little.

My plan is simple. By revealing your innocent target, I can subtract two more from that list of ten, leaving me with seven. I can then begin to examine those seven, in intimate detail, to then better understand which of these dogs, is in fact, a snake.

Do you not see the simple brilliance of this plan? I understand while gifted with supernatural sight, you may not be well endowed in intelligence. But fear not, Locus, I am here.

YOU ARE ESTEEMLY GAY

YOU
    ARE PROBABLY EVIL ALONG WITH THE REST OF EM.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    WE NEED TO THINK ALONG THE LINES OF WHO HATES ARODUC AND GO FROM THERE.

LETS PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well, very well, Zhamuz. I am more than willing to accept direction.

Give me a target, yez? I will vote for thiz target, zhould you find me a reazon to do zo. All I require is adequate logic, yez?

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Shamus, you and I will just have to agree to disagree. You'll get the name before vote close.

My !vote today will be for Egos. His post restriction is too similar to mine. He's just kinda been lurking around, not doing much of anything. Voted for pk for no reason (not that there were many reasoned votes yesterday). Also I didn't seer him last night.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Voted for pk for no reason (not that there were many reasoned votes yesterday).

Avoiding inactivity seems like a good enough reason to me, no?And what did you want me to do on day 1? It seemed like whenever anyway said anything they got accused by someone; and I didn't feel comfortable in potentially aiding in Shamus's or Var's death at the time.

Admittedly I'm one of the seven that didn't vote in Varcyn's death; there is that . But his blindly trusting the seer didn't strike me as particularly odd as you had little to gain from outing yourself or posing (in a game with no pms).

Egos on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    as you had little to gain from outing yourself or posing (in a game with no pms).
    I don't know if you realize, but there was something very large he could have gained, if you understand my meaning. He might have then gained and lost that very large thing again and again rapidly for a lengthy period of time.

!KrataLightblade is clearly responsible for the Rock and Roll adolescents that storm the streets of all nations. They rush into the Louvre and throw acid in the Mona Lisa's face. They open zoos, insane asylums, prisons, burst water mains with air hammers, chop the floor out of passenger plane lavatories shoot out lighthouses, file elevator cables to one thin wire, turn sewers into the water supply, throw sharks and stingrays, electric eels or candiru into swimming pools, in nautical costumes ram the Queen Mary into New York Harbor, play chicken with passenger planes and buses, rush into hospitals in white coats carrying saws, axes and scalpels three feet long, throw paralytics out of iron lungs, administer injections with bicycle pumps, disconnect artificial kidneys, saw a woman in half with a two man surgical saw, they drive herds of squealing pigs into the Ka'bah, they shit on the floor of the United Nations and wipe their ass with treaties, pacts, alliances. All because of Krata.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    like a good candidate, also is anyone ontop of this situation yet, and would then someone maybe inform me what it is, as I've been too busy today for catching up, until now that

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Would you lizten to a madman? Hiz very name iz Pzycho.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I must cast a vote
    to put someone here to death
    FrostMist is suspect.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    How often in phalla history has a bad guy consistently voted for themselves? Would an honest person willingly forfeit their only power in this game? Kratalightblade have you a response to this?

Does anybody else think this the most fucked up day in Phalla for awhile now?

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    How often in phalla history has a bad guy consistently voted for themselves? Would an honest person willingly forfeit their only power in this game? Kratalightblade have you a response to this?

Naturally I have a responze.

My responze iz that if you read MY patternz, you will zee, it iz a trend of mine to, when I have no one who ztrikez me az a target, I vote for myzelf, rather than place votez where they might be mizconztrued az an attack of zome zort.

If you have a better target, give me your reazoning. Zhamuz haz directed me to vote for zomeone other than myzelf az well, but he haz given me no reazoningz. If you can do better, I will gladly follow you.

Iz that good enough?

Edit: If thiz iz an experiment of zome zort, in Phallaztic reazoning, and zince PMz are off-limitz, I would like to hear your wizdom, after all.

I am learning too.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Edit: If thiz iz an experiment of zome zort, in Phallaztic reazoning, and zince PMz are off-limitz, I would like to hear your wizdom, after all.

I am learning too.
    I'll bet that you love to experiment. ;) Bet you thought you were a real hot shot making up that post restriction. Certainly got me hot and bothered.

Ever seen a hot shot hit? I saw the gimp take one in Philly. We rigged his room with a one-way whorehouse mirror and charged a sawski to watch it. He never got the needle out of his arm. They don't if the shot is right. That's the way they find them, dropper full of clotted blood hanging out of a blue arm. Kid, it was Tasty.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Krata, you should vote for Egos.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I believe that as the undisputed leader of this gathering, it's my duty to show a sign of good faith and cooperation. I'll be voting for Egos.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Who could be foolish enough to doubt our maybe seer? Certainly odds are that Locus is right and !Egos is a better choice than Krata? How foolish would I feel if I doubted and was wrong?

DevoutlyApathetic on