As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Thread: moar like Waithammer Online

• Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Good eye. Do those even have a video card, though?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    girlgamer23girlgamer23 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Good eye. Do those even have a video card, though?

lol I know the mac pro air dosn't all that is is the worlds largest PDA

girlgamer23 on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    I heard that the pre-order early access thing is for in store purchases only.

just a FYI.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    I heard that the pre-order early access thing is for in store purchases only.

just a FYI.

Crap.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Mmm, any word on Online pre-orders? The GameStops nearest to me don't even carry PC titles so I either need to pre-order online or find a better GameStop (wouldn't be hard, if they weren't all bad around here).

Grabbing it in the morning if it's actually available, heh.

KiTA on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    OH GOD THE CHARACTER HEADS I DID NOT SEE THAT.

Way to miss the best fuckin' part. So bought'd.

What could be better than a "I spent $80 on the CE and all I got was this stupid face" face?

Garthor on
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    WAR has been delayed till Autumn : http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=128459

Announced this morning, lets hope this isnt the only thing they are going to say!

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Noooooooooooo....oh well.

I'm somewhat disappointed its been delayed again, yet also not very surprised.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I seriously wonder how much of this is them maneuvering around the Wrath of the Lich King expansion (expected out this summer).

zenpotato on
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    PotU wrote: »
    -Bonus In-game item - Librams of Insight - XP-gain modifier
    -Bonus Quest Rewards - 12 in-game items from these quests

That's pretty awful. Getting more XP and better equipment for paying more money is stupid.

LOTRO threw two bonus items into the game for pre order people (Not CE I believe). A ring and a cloak that gives you a bonus to health regen. Now those were pretty meh.

But on the other hand each cloak was distinctive based on what major chain you pre-ordered from, which was pretty neat.

Also Autumn. Guess I may very well be asking the folks at the EA Mythic stand at Comic Con T.O. why TSM still isn't in guild beta.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Saw something saying that the xp bonus thing is only useable three times. So that's hardly unbalancing.

The TT mini sounds kind of nice though. Some folks are suggesting it may actually be painted. That's crazy talk.

Selner on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm looking forward to the minis, the hardcover book and all that extra...er, all those extra heads...

Going to check ebgames at lunch to see if they've got anything.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well, I for one did not see that coming.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So...since...since it got delayed...guild beta starts tomorrow? Please

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The European countdown was just the announcement of the CE, but it has some links that show what the specifics are.

Turns out it was also a contest, though, in which the first 10 players to find a hidden link gets a free CE, and the next 100 get a spot in the beta. Of course, as is the case with the fucking internet, these things never work right, and although I found the link pretty quickly, I had a hard time even getting the site to open, and I'm currently waiting on a spinning icon that does God knows what.

Fucking stop doing this shit if you can't handle the serverload, mangs.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't know if I plan on playing this game but I know I am going to preorder it the CE.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I talked to a guy at EBgames in Canada and he has no knowledge of the CE yet, so still no pre-orders for me!

Dissociater on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I talked to a guy at EBgames in Canada and he has no knowledge of the CE yet, so still no pre-orders for me!

Yeah, the guys here in Kentucky looked at me wondering why I wasn't asking about Halo and Pokemon.

Toothy on
  • Options
    NijiNiji Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    No luck here either. >_<

Niji on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    maraxus94 wrote: »
    So...since...since it got delayed...guild beta starts tomorrow? Please

Oats on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oh, and the CE preorder website has some spiel about being only valid in the United States, so it looks like us Canucks are fucked.

Oats on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Toothy wrote: »

Yeah, the guys here in Kentucky looked at me wondering why I wasn't asking about Halo and Pokemon.

FUCK, I was going to try and go out and snag me a preoder today or tomorrow.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    RhakaRhaka Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Cherrn wrote: »
    The European countdown was just the announcement of the CE, but it has some links that show what the specifics are.

Turns out it was also a contest, though, in which the first 10 players to find a hidden link gets a free CE, and the next 100 get a spot in the beta. Of course, as is the case with the fucking internet, these things never work right, and although I found the link pretty quickly, I had a hard time even getting the site to open, and I'm currently waiting on a spinning icon that does God knows what.

Fucking stop doing this shit if you can't handle the serverload, mangs.
    The GOA button on the red book, right? Bloody thing does nothing :(
    EUROPEAN EXCLUSIVE - MOUSEPAD
    Only available for European players, a special gaming mousepad is available with the Collector's Edition.

Hell yeah, a mousepad. Take that, america.

Anyone know of a place to preorder that ships cheaply to the netherlands, or is in fact, a dutch brick&mortar? I just placed a preorder at my usual place but they fucked me out of my launch Wii as well, so yeah.

Rhaka on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    zenpotato wrote: »
    I seriously wonder how much of this is them maneuvering around the Wrath of the Lich King expansion (expected out this summer).

There's no way WOTLK will be out this summer. It seemed more likely that WAR would be out this summer to get a jump on that in the fall/winter, but maybe they're shooting for the same time now? That would be awkward.

Ugh, to CE or not to CE... guess I should play beta more. >.>

riz on
  • Options
    life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rhaka wrote: »
    EUROPEAN EXCLUSIVE - MOUSEPAD
    Only available for European players, a special gaming mousepad is available with the Collector's Edition.

Hell yeah, a mousepad. Take that, america.

DAMNIT. I need a mousepad too :\

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I doubt the delay has anything at all to do with the WoW expansion.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Delay huh...

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Honestly I could not be more suprised that they are delaying it that far, knowing what still has to be worked on and what needs polish.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    There's info about the CE up at the main page.

I'll link some of it here for those too lazy to go over.

CE_Box.jpg
    The Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Collector's Edition includes:

AN EXCLUSIVE GAMES WORKSHOP MINIATURE
    From the Age of Reckoning to your tabletop battle!

Based on original characters from the game, this official Games Workshop Warhammer miniature depicts the Greenskin warboss, GRUMLOK, and his shaman, GAZBAG, in rich detail. Assembly and painting is required.

Armed with the great axe Gutrippa and imbued with extraordinary powers by the Witch King, Malekith, these inseparable companions possess abilities beyond any normal Greenskin. Through a combination of brute force and cunning intellect (for a Greenskin, at least), Grumlok & Gazbag are able to unite the tribes of the Worlds Edge Mountains in a mighty WAAAGH! and sack the Dwarf fortress of Karak Eight Peaks. Now they set their sites on nothing short of the eradication of the Dwarfs completely.
    CE_Mini.jpg Wicked Awesome
    AN ORIGINAL GRAPHIC NOVEL
    CE_GraphNovel.jpg

The forces of Order and Destruction collide under the red Chaos moon!

Commissioned specifically for the Collector's Edition, WARHAMMER ONLINE: PRELUDE TO WAR is a full-color, 128-page hardcover graphic novel that sets the stage for the start of the game. Written by acclaimed Games Workshop writer, Graham McNeill, the oversized book is richly illustrated by Chad Hardin, Joe Abraham, Rahsan Ekedal, Tony Parker, and Kevin Hopgood. Each of the graphic novel's six chapters tells a unique story that together detail the events leading up to the Age of Reckoning:

* Hill of the Dead — The Chaos warrior, Tchar'zanek, undertakes a harrowing quest to cement his place as the dread Champion of Tzeentch.
    * Shadow of the Hunter — Famed Dark Elf hunter, Kaloth Coldshadow, journey's to the Old World to capture a Greenskin leader to aid the Witch King with his plans.
    * WAAAGH! Grumlok — Grumlok & Gazbag unite the Greenskin tribes in a mighty WAAAGH! and lead the assault on the Dwarf fortress of Karak Eight Peaks.
    * Thunder Mountain — The Dwarfs rally against the invading Greenskins under the shadow of the great volcano.
    * Northern Fire — The Empire fights a desperate battle against the invading hordes of Chaos.
    * The Shining Guard — Tyrion and Finubar, the Phoenix King, wrestle with the duties of protecting their homeland and aiding their allies against the forces of Destruction.
    THE ART OF WARHAMMER ONLINE
    CE_ArtBook.jpg

A Stunning Collection of Art that Gave Birth to the Age of Reckoning

THE ART OF WARHAMMER ONLINE is a 224-page hardcover collection of original art from the game. Each of the glossy, full-color pages showcases the talented work of our concept artists and offers a glimpse at a world in the making.
    BONUS IN-GAME CONTENT — THE LIBRAMS OF INSIGHT
    "Wisdom is its own reward, and to those found worthy of such a gift the potential is limitless…"

Readers of the Librams of Insight are granted special insight into their own actions and earn experience at a higher rate for a limited time. (+10% XP modifier for 60 minutes, 3 uses, 90 minute reuse timer.)

BONUS IN-GAME CONTENT — QUESTS, REWARDS, AND TITLES
    New Adventures and Just Rewards Await You on the Battlefields

Purchasers of the Collector's Edition will begin their adventures in the Age of Reckoning with twelve (12) additional quests awaiting them in the Tome of Knowledge. Each quest offers an exciting reward, as well as an exclusive character title, that will aid the player in their battles on the frontlines.

Sample Quests, Rewards, and Titles:

Quest: The Only Way to Fight
    Type: Dwarf / PvE (Open to characters allied with the Realm of Order.)

Anyone can drink and anyone can fight, but only a Dwarf was born t' do both! Are you ready t' prove what kind of Dwarf ye are? Take a proper drink o' this Chuffinbrau, for it'll get ye nice and tight, then get t' killin' greenskins before you sober up!

Reward: Furd's Bottomless Mug. This ale stein is encrusted with a special rune to ensure it never goes empty. One swig of its brew and you'll feel stronger and ready for a fight. Beware, this sense of power comes at a cost!

Title: Brewmaster

Quest: Spoils of War
    Type: Chaos / RvR (Open to characters allied with the Realm of Destruction.)

Go, and cleave the skulls of those who stand against the Raven Host. Take part in the battle at New Emskrank and cut down one of each type of your Empire foes.

Reward: Griffonslayer's Mantle. Equip this cloak made from a fallen Order of the Griffon banner and enjoy the "Emperor's Protection."

Title: Griffonslayer
    BONUS IN-GAME CONTENT — CHARACTER HEADS
    "You've got that look I want to know better..."

Now you can stand out in a crowd with a look unlike anyone else! The WAR Collector's Edition includes twelve (12) bonus heads for additional character customization options. Each race gets a truly unique look (with male and female versions) that is sure to turn heads on the battlefields and be the envy of everyone in the army.

WAR Collector's Edition Pre-Order Program

Only 60,000 units of the Collector's Edition will be available in North America so don't miss out. Pre-order your copy today! You'll have the chance to gear up with special items and experience the glory of Realm vs. Realmâ„¢ combat before the rest of the recruits even set foot in the game world.

Special WAR Collector's Edition Pre-Order Bonuses Include:

OPEN BETA ACCESS
    Be one of the first players to experience the glory of battle and the thrill of WAR when the open beta phase begins!

LIVE GAME HEAD START
    Begin your adventures in the Age of Reckoning before the raw recruits arrive!

BONUS IN-GAME ITEMS
    Equip your characters for the journey to the frontlines with these helpful bonus items!

Dissociater on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ... o-oh god....
    THEY'RE CUMMING! OH GOD ALL OF MY DICKS ARE CUMMING! AND THEY ARE GROWING TENTACLES! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oatway wrote: »
    Oh, and the CE preorder website has some spiel about being only valid in the United States, so it looks like us Canucks are fucked.

Doesn't really clarify what is available in Canada.

I hate that though.

parabola on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    parabola wrote: »

I hate that though.

You and me, both, mate.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Aw, you beat me by several minutes Morskittar...

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, but yours is vastly better. :D

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    parabola wrote: »

I hate that though.

You and me, both, mate.

At the top of the page it says:
    This pre-order information is valid for North America only. Players in the EU should visit the GOA pre-order site for details on the European offer.

But at the bottom of the page it says:
    *Valid only in the U.S. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services, or applied toward prior purchases. All customers using these codes are eligible to participate in the Open Beta and Head Start Program, however time of entry is not guaranteed. Lost codes will not be reissued.

So which is it? :(

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It would seem at this point that North America is actually just the United States thereof.

Oats on
  • Options
    SmokeScreenSmokeScreen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So at this rate with all the delays, The Six Mouths is going to be a fucking huge guild before the game even ships.

Our domination is assured.
    Muahahahahaha!

SmokeScreen on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, the CE is pretty awesome. Although after doing some digging around with the local Australian retailers that have put up pre-order info for it on their websites I have to ask myself: Is it $150 awesome?

-SPI- on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Accualt on
This discussion has been closed.