As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Archive broken?

sstairsstair Registered User regular
I'm unable to see anything but the most recent news post and comic. When I hit the back link, I see the same page. Even if I go to the Archive page, no matter which comic I select, I only see the most recent comic. This happens in Firebird and IE both.

Example:

I'm on "http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3" and hit the "Back" link at the bottom of the page. That link sends me to the URL "http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-08-09&res=l" but I still see the same comic as before.

Stair's Law: Never date a woman with more tattoos than you.
sstair on

• SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Try it again. It works fine for me in Safari.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Red OktoberRed Oktober Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    For what it's worth, it's working fine for me in Firefox, so I'm going to guess it's a problem on your side...

Red Oktober on
  • sstairsstair Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Sure enough. I just tried going through an anonymous web proxy (http://the-cloak.com/) and I was able to go back through the archives just fine. My work's firewall must be doing something to mess this up.

sstair on
  • sinnsinn Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    It isn't just you. I can't see anything but wednesdays comic in Opera or IE.

sinn on
    He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.
  • BesigedBBesigedB Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    it's not been searchable for ages now because they've stopped adding keywords to all the comics (which is lame)

BesigedB on
    this is a small sig to not get in your way
  • MerouanMerouan Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I just cleared my cookies and cache and it works now, so... you can try that if you want.

Merouan on
  • Cpt. KickassCpt. Kickass Registered User new member
    edited August 2004
    I can't get it to work either. I cleared cookies and cache, I'm using Firefox, and it still isn't working. I just wanted to read the last news post.

Cpt. Kickass on
  • MerouanMerouan Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I can't get it to work either. I cleared cookies and cache, I'm using Firefox, and it still isn't working. I just wanted to read the last news post.
    Yeah this is really weird. Clearing cookies/cache worked for me once today, and now it doesn't work at all. Even reclearing cookies etc doesn't work. I'm using firefox as well.

Merouan on
  • sstairsstair Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Yeah, suddenly its now working for me. And I didn't clear my cookies or cache.

sstair on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    this is happening to me right now, can't get off the current comic no matter which archive i select or if i use the back option below the strip.

happened to me yesterday, too, but last night it started working fine.

both opera and IE are doing this. Any idea whats going on?

Unknown User on
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Firefox as well is having this problem.

No idea what is causing this, but I have had this problem intermittantly for some time now.

Edit: Not ten minutes after I post, it starts working again.

zerg rush on
  • Cpt. KickassCpt. Kickass Registered User new member
    edited August 2004
    Mine started working this morning, so I don't know if the server had a problem, and it fixed itself, or if Gabe/Tycho fixed it. Ah well, all's good now.

Cpt. Kickass on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    It's still broken. It doesn't seem to be a browser issue.

Unknown User on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    i checked and it does not work for me in safari, nor does it work in the mac version of IE.

Barcardi on
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Welp, it still works for me in Safari.

Could this be something that would occur intermittently?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Is the archive search broken in IE now or something?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.