As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Save me from making a retarded mistake...

isaac17isaac17 Registered User regular
Hey, for some reason I REALLY want to buy an 26 inch lcd hdtv (my room isn't big enough to justify anything bigger than that), and i'm looking into buying it on ebay. It's looking like 430$ to around 530$, but I'm afraid I'm going to buy a poor quality tv, since I can't find any brands that I trust, like sony or samsung. Any advice? Where else can I look into buying one for less than 550$?

Thanks.

isaac17 on

• Options
    edited March 2008
  • Options
    TzenTzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's hard for me to not drop trow and start fapping it whenever I see a Samsung LCD TV in the store or at a kiosk.

I say if it works, has no dead pixels, and says "Samsung" on the front, it's probably worth it if you can get it for less than MSRP.

Tzen on
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    To be honest I'm always hesitant to buy large expensive items off eBay.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    *saves you*

Satan. on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If you buy it from eBay, and it has dead pixels, you're fucked.

Use Craigslist, or local classifieds, so that you can actually look at it first.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    If you buy it from eBay, and it has dead pixels, you're fucked.

Use Craigslist, or local classifieds, so that you can actually look at it first.

Or a store with some sort of return policy and a guarantee that it's still within warranty.

I mean, the TV you linked in that eBay auction isn't even made anymore. It was obviously bought some time ago, and it's warranty is near running out. I don't know what your feelings are on owning a $500 paperweight, but I'd rather spend an extra hundred bucks and get it on sale with a full manufacturers warranty than take a gamble with half a grand.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well, I can certainly understand trying to save some money by going used. I mean, I got a 30" HDTV for $200 by checking the local ads. But you always want to actually see it in person first.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Alright, so as far as used goes, I need to see it first. Any way to find one online for less than 600, other than ebay (32 inch)? Black friday isn't for another 6 months or I'd just go get one then...

isaac17 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    isaac17 wrote: »
    Alright, so as far as used goes, I need to see it first. Any way to find one online for less than 600, other than ebay (32 inch)? Black friday isn't for another 6 months or I'd just go get one then...

Some off-brand stuff on Newegg might be in your price range.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've got a 27" ViewSonic LCD, and have been nothing but happy with it. I know a couple others who have a ViewSonic as well, and they all look good. And to top it off they are a fair bit cheaper than the more well known brand names.

Kris on
  • Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I bought a 1080p 42 inch Toshiba from here a few weeks ago, $1148 delivered.

Now I am looking at a 26 inch Toshiba for the bedroom. $549 delivered.

I have had Toshibas for years and never had problems. ABT is a great company as well. Never had problems with them. There are a few other brands under the $600 mark.

http://www.abt.com/scripts/site/site_category_guidester.php?id=474&gsNav=1&cbType1=on&selSSize=3%2C23

meeker on