As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Joss Whedon Hates This Goddamned Joss Whedon Meme

ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
edited March 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
joss_l.jpg

"Why are you guys raping my name? Why? It makes me sadder than when I killed off half my cast in that one episode of that show."

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
ElJeffe on

• Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Seriously. What the fuck is with this? He's not even that good.

Satan. on
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    He does kind of have that "unassuming but vaguely creepy" look of a guy who the neighbors would tell a reporter, the day after the arrest, "He was so quiet, and kept to himself. I can't believe he was a rapist and a cannibal."

Craigopogo on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Satan. wrote: »

I'd have to disagree; he is that good. But the meme is nonetheless odd and surprising.

And the OP was hyperbolic. At the most he only kills off a quarter of a cast at a time.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2008
    J**s W****n is a god amongst mortals and his name shall not be blasphemed.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You people watched roseanne?

Octoparrot on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Joss Whedon has created the best television shows that were not Arrested Development, Battlestar Galactica, or the Wire.

He also writes some neat comics.

Mai-Kero on
    edited March 2008
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Joss Whedon has created the best television shows that were not Arrested Development, Battlestar Galactica, or the Wire.

With that, I have lost all faith in humanity.

Satan. on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is Jeffe admitting to being Joss Whedon in some clever ruse? Just like in that one episode.

moniker on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't think it's a meme, I think it's just Celery.

deadonthestreet on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've discovered that if you properly rearrange the letters in Joss Whedon's name you get
    Jehovah

JamesKeenan on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Satan. wrote: »

I have to agree. The dude is nothing more than a nerd that gets paid to write out nerd fantasies for a living.

Yes, I've seen Firefly. It's OK, at best.

I think Celery was putting Joss Whedon's name in the title of his threads because he knows that the secret to getting the attention of people in D&D is to either make really trite topics about flash-in-the-pan political issues, or make a thread about Joss Whedon. Or create a thread about freshman philosophy topics.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    And now ElJeffe.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    His Astonishing X-Men run was pretty cliche at the start but after a while he totally redeemed himself. Now if only he'd keep up the pace so other X-books didn't have to spoil his twists.

Scooter on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008

Unless celery is himself a meme.

A meme from the streets yo.

ViolentChemistry on
  • zakkielzakkiel Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Krunk wrote:
    I have to agree. The dude is nothing more than a nerd that gets paid to write out nerd fantasies for a living.

I think Celery was putting Joss Whedon's name in the title of his threads because he knows that the secret to getting the attention of people in D&D is to either make really trite topics about flash-in-the-pan political issues, or make a thread about Joss Whedon. Or create a thread about freshman philosophy topics.
    Wow, you're willing to shit all over things other people love? You must be, like, really cool. Can I be your friend?

zakkiel on
    Account not recoverable. So long.
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    zakkiel wrote: »
    Krunk wrote:

Wow, you're willing to shit all over things other people love? You must be, like, really cool. Can I be your friend?

And like, all writers are little more than people who like to read who write things for people who like to read. IT'S ALL A LIE!

And Firefly is definitely better than OK, at least when viewed through anything other than asshole glasses.

sanstodo on
  • MikeMcSomethingMikeMcSomething Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Joss Whedon wrote Alien:Resurrection didn't he?

MikeMcSomething on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I watched an episode of Firefly once. It was ok.

One Thousand Cables on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This...this is sad.

I mean for god's sakes guys, he won't bring Firefly back no matter how much you worship him.

Hell even i want Firefly back. :cry:

WMain00 on
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Joss Whedon wrote Alien:Resurrection didn't he?

Yeah but in his defence he hated the final product. He also co-wrote the Toy Story screenplay IIRC.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
    edited March 2008
    Firefly... Was that like... a nature show or something?

JamesKeenan on
    edited March 2008
    COWBOYS IN SPACE!!!!

*looks at cowboy bebop*

(though i suppose cowboy bebop was a slightly different take on cowboys in space)

WMain00 on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Cowboy Bebop wasn't really about cowboys in space so much as it was about the music and the way the music blended with the style of everything else in the show to create a particular aesthetic that makes you go "damn, the story totally wasn't even the point here, this was awesome".

ViolentChemistry on
    edited March 2008
    Er....yes!

WMain00 on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    WMain00 wrote: »
    COWBOYS IN SPACE!!!!

*looks at cowboy bebop*

(though i suppose cowboy bebop was a slightly different take on cowboys in space)

I always saw it as a mix between Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, spaghetti westerns, and awesome.

moniker on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    I always saw it as a mix between Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, spaghetti westerns, and awesome.

I never watched Outlaw Star, but that seems to about sum up my thoughts on the matter.

As I noted the first time I watched it; Mal is the badass that George Lucas will never let Han Solo be.

Also: I don't care if the basic premises have been done before, Astonishing X-Men is pure Awesome.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2008
    I totally did not see this turning into a semi-legitimate thread.

ElJeffe on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I did not intend for my thread title to start a shitty annoying chain of thread titles, I apologize.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited March 2008
    I think The Cat started it with the prostitution split thread.

JamesKeenan on
    edited March 2008
    Did I stumble into [chat]?

Satan. on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Cowboy Bebop wasn't really about cowboys in space so much as it was about the music and the way the music blended with the style of everything else in the show to create a particular aesthetic that makes you go "damn, the story totally wasn't even the point here, this was awesome".

Buy the soundtrack.

shryke on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2008
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

Or M*A*S*H, Black Adder, Futurama, the Chappelle Show, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Deadwood, South Park, Fawlty Towers, Band of Brothers, Monty Python, Planet Earth, the Muppet Show, or SportsCenter.

Joss Whedon would probably agree.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.