As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 07

13»

• Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Thank you for all the helpful suggestions! Now to decide which one to use... or perhaps a combination? I could have the stand-in try to convince them to postpone... and just when they start to get suspicious, I'll fake his death. That should have them scratching their heads long enough to ensure 2008 is clear too... ;)

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    BSR StashBSR Stash Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    DJBreslin wrote:
    Thank you for all the helpful suggestions! Now to decide which one to use... or perhaps a combination? I could have the stand-in try to convince them to postpone... and just when they start to get suspicious, I'll fake his death. That should have them scratching their heads long enough to ensure 2008 is clear too... ;)

How about this, tell them summer sucks and fall is the best time to have a wedding. Overcast is much better for pictures :)

BSR Stash on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited October 2006
    You could always offer him some big extravagant gift as a bribe to get them to move the date forward or back a week.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well I checked the WSCTC (they really need a better name, even the acronym is frickin huge) web page and PAX 07 is listed from 8/24-8/26. I've already told my boss that I'm going to be gone from the 20th to the 30th. CCST 2.0... here I come!

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Aydr wrote:
    Recruit wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    I'm going. PAX will be a week before my 21st birthday. Woo.

Nice, my 21st is 3 months prior to the PAX-travaganza. So I'll be able to legally indulge in alcohol based shenanigans.

Go May babies!

PAX will start on the day of my 21st birthday.

In 2009.

Assuming that the scheduling stays the same.

I've been legally able to drink for the past 2 years in Canada ;)

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    and PAX 07 is listed from 8/24-8/26.

I guess I'll be there then. The fact that I'll make it all the way over there from Belgium means that nobody has an excuse not to come.

I think.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sl1pstream wrote:
    I guess I'll be there then. The fact that I'll make it all the way over there from Belgium means that nobody has an excuse not to come.

I think.

That's pretty impressive, I applaud you good sir.
    As a matter of fact, you should get a "I came here from EUROPE" t-shirt for PAX.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Seriously. Get together with the other European (and U.K.) gamers coming over and get some shirts done!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I guess I can come up with something.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    starsicknessstarsickness Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    I'm going. PAX will be a week before my 21st birthday. Woo.

Interesting, that's why I went to PAX in the first place, as a birthday present to myself. 3 years later, it's an annual thing. Yeehaw.
    Early september birthdays ftw. Or ARE they?

starsickness on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2006
    I'll definitely be there. It's become a yearly tradition. I'll go no matter what my financial situation is at the time.

This year I took the trip with $200US to my name. Good thing I have friends, and awesome people to share a hotel room with, and those cool guys who helped me change my tire in the parking lot below the meydenbauer, and subway, for cheap subs. Not to mention that I drove all the way solo(my friend doesn't have a license) from Central California.

Despite all of the shit that sucked on that trip, twice as many things were totally awesome.

Hopefully I'll have more money to spend this time around.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ChunkyChunky Registered User new member
    edited November 2006
    wenchkilla wrote:
    Sl1pstream wrote:

I think.

That's pretty impressive, I applaud you good sir.
    As a matter of fact, you should get a "I came here from EUROPE" t-shirt for PAX.

So you all know, I just made an account to post this.

Myself and a few friends are making our way over from Australia. Just finished high school. We are taking a year off before uni and using the year to save money to come to America in August and go to PAX.

Chunky on
  • Options
    Mo1sonMo1son Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    There was a few of you dudes last year. Aussie super trip maybe?? =]

Mo1son on
  • Options
    ChunkyChunky Registered User new member
    edited November 2006
    Aussie supertrip sounds like a great idea.

I'll have my license by then so I'll round up all the aussies and we'll carpool our way to PAX! 8)

Chunky on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Maybe I should make an "I'm an atheïst liberal" shirt, just to piss a few people off?

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sl1pstream wrote:
    Maybe I should make an "I'm an atheïst liberal" shirt, just to piss a few people off?
    You won't piss too many people off around here. We are the country's least church-going city, and one of the most liberal to boot.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If all goes well I won't be sequestered in the North East next year, I should be moving to LA in May, when my lease here runs up. So I fully plan on hopping on the northward bandwagon and making it up this year.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The CST looks like it'll have at least a dozen people, but it's still early to predict these things. People may still choose to be stubborn and go down on their own, which is frowned upon.

b0wser on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    looks like more than a few people here will be having there 21st on or before PAX. This includes me. I purpose that we have a "fuck yeah I'm 21" party during PAX.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    boo yeah

I always wanted to say that.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That_Guy wrote:
    looks like more than a few people here will be having there 21st on or before PAX. This includes me. I purpose that we have a "fuck yeah I'm 21" party during PAX.

the majority of PAX is party time, so feel free to allocate some of it to this idea-- if you actually remember by the end of the weekend.

b0wser on
  • Options
    dirtynbldirtynbl Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    only a few more days till signups...i hope, definitely looking forward to this years PAX

dirtynbl on
    New Free EP - "Wii Wiish You A Merry Christmas"
    http://www.formerfatboys.com
    wiisaber2small.jpg
  • Options
    Cacophany_catCacophany_cat Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    I will be travelling from the UK to attend my first and hopefully not my last PAX :D

Cacophany_cat on
    BorgKitten
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    dirtynbl wrote:
    only a few more days till signups...i hope, definitely looking forward to this years PAX

Um... expect signups around late Jan/early feb, not december.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    BigRed wrote:
    dirtynbl wrote:

Um... expect signups around late Jan/early feb, not december.

Hey, BigRed, you should rain on somebody's parade. Quick go! Oh wait...

Then knock him down and take his skateboard.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Er, I was stating a fact to when signups have been started previously so he knows when to expect them.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It's not like they'll sneak up on him. His anticipation has him set to be ready way ahead of schedule.

Just giving you crap, Red. You know I love you.

And I'm leaving the skateboard at home this year, it's been decided.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
This discussion has been closed.