As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Need an MMO for the summer

2»

• HembotHembot Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's only a violation if you get caught.

I believe I was raiding in MC about 2.5 months into the game, and I was largely solo because my buddies who got me into it were already raiding...and no they didn't powerlevel me. I problably got about 3 hours of help from one of them to do an attunment because they were so busy raiding the whole time. Since I was balancing school/work I think it's totally feasible in WoW to get to endgame over the summer. Making friends who are willing to take you along is the only part involving any amount of "luck".

I was on a PvP server and I presume PvE servers to be even easier to get into the raiding mix.

Despite being filled with twinks you can PvP, and plenty of people do. I leveled several alts grabbing blue items at low cost in HP once the honor changes came out. to get a level 28 dagger you have to BG for what...3 hours? + you have twinks on your side so the BG is fairly balanced in that respect. You get honor for proximity I believe, or at least landing a hit on the enemy before your twinked commrades land the KB.

How could the OP be interested in a 19/29 twink when he's never played the game? His friend's new to MMO's so he problably has no idea what that even is. It's also far from hard to twink a 19 when you're playing with friends who can get to 30 in a week and run VC over and over again. We don't know their play styles so stop presuming he approaches games like you. They might see the game and decide "fuck the endgame, lets pwn this BG with the time we have".

Hembot on
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I highly recommend CoX, if only because the community is so awesome. People are actually polite! And they help each other! It's like it exists in some dimension seperate from the internet.

Speaking of which, I need to get a new timecard...

But yeah, CoX is great for short play time if you want to just jump in and start doing cool stuff right away.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
    edited March 2008
    Ryzom was like that. Awsome community. Unfortunately the game was a big box without enough sand and got shut down. Community means a lot more than you'd think. In the big games there are droves of a-holes so if CoX has a great community it's problably a good place to go (though I've never played it myself).

Hembot on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hembot wrote: »

This, right here, means you lose.

As far as your other points, if you're suggesting average joe newbie can go from total noob to 25-man raider in three months, then I would have to suggest that you don't have a clue. Sure, if you grind the crap out of the game, and you don't decide to reroll because you dislike your first character, and you can convince a raiding guild that you are good enough even though you have only been playing three months, yeah, you might see ONE 25-man raid, ONCE. But you sure as hell won't be participating regularly in raid content to any significant extent in those three months.

Furthermore, you suggest that low-level BG's are so worth it, because it's easy to grind blues to let you keep on grinding those low-level BG's. And then you have the gall to suggest that I am the one assuming a preferred playstyle for the OP. Let's see, which are there more of: people who first start WoW and want to play the game for the content and to get to high level, or people who say, "Nah, let's go straight into making a twink for a BG that I have never played before! Let's pwn n00bs! W00!"

Hmm... I wonder...

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    2) The production value of this game FAR surpasses anything else out there on the market right now. Everything looks great, the controls feel intuitive, and the story is well-written. This adds to the enjoyment of the game, especially for the first playthrough, which is essentially what this will be for you.
    WoW may have the largest budget, and the controls are fluid if unremarkable. But I have to disagree with the story comment. WoW's story is obscure, very rarely coming to the foreground of actual play. I would have a hard time even defining what the story is. The opening movie talks about the breakdown of peace between the Horde and Alliance, but the game doesn't really have anything to do with this outside of PvP. Quests are generally related to isolated problems fabricated in the various zones (e.g. "omg gnolls!"). Also, in the minority of quests where there are actually references to the lore, they are often hard to understand unless you've played WC3 (spoken as someone who played WC3 after playing WoW).

While WoW's environment is well designed and a nice backdrop, there isn't often an "epic" fantasy feel. Most of the areas in the game also lack any real gravity or depth (e.g. Duskwood?). Still, on the first time through, there will be the "new-ness" factor to add interest, especially when you get to a new zone. Also, the design of WoW does have a certain "charm" regardless, and the combat being a decent balance between simplistic and interesting makes it nice to play (hence the massive popularity).

Sorry for kind of going off on that, but this is my biggest problem with WoW, one that became more evident the longer I played it.
    However, the one reason not to play this as your summer game is that it, like all MMO's, is not a casual game. You will be playing for hours at a time, especially when running instances, and so you may burn yourself out. Also, you will most likely want to continue playing after the summer ends. WoW does not make a throw-away game, because, in the end, you have so much time and money invested in the game that you do not want to put it down.

Frankly, the best choice for your MMO in my opinion isn't an MMO at all. It's Call of Duty 4. It equally supports the short session and the marathon run. It has progression and tracking of progress. It's really fun (at least, that's what I have heard; I haven't played it myself), and it supports multiplayer, both co-op and versus. For three months of fragging with your friends, it is an excellent choice.
    I think this is a good point. WoW is a nice game, even with it's faults, but a short-term game it isn't. It's the sort of thing you really want to play over a period of time.

For a short term online RPG I would recommend Guild Wars or CoX. Both of these are faster paced and put much less emphasis on progressing through levels. Guild Wars has a low level cap, relying on players to overcome increasing difficulty level by simply playing better and knowing which skills to use. GW also has a cohesive story element to it. GW has no monthly fee. The third chapter, "Guild Wars: Nightfall" is the best one to start with for new players (it's more refined due to the developers' experience with the first two chapters), and is around $30-40 now I believe.

CoX on the other hand, has a lot more levels (50), but the level progression doesn't have much importance relative to EQ or WoW. While there are more interesting things at higher levels, you are busting villains and/or blasting your way through various locales right from the start. CoX is not a good solo game, in my opinion, but that wouldn't be a problem for a group of friends. In a group the chaos and explosions coming from large numbers of characters (NPC #'s scale with party size) adds a hectic feel which is a lot of fun.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    edited April 2008
    Hembot wrote: »

This, right here, means you lose.

As far as your other points, if you're suggesting average joe newbie can go from total noob to 25-man raider in three months, then I would have to suggest that you don't have a clue. Sure, if you grind the crap out of the game, and you don't decide to reroll because you dislike your first character, and you can convince a raiding guild that you are good enough even though you have only been playing three months, yeah, you might see ONE 25-man raid, ONCE. But you sure as hell won't be participating regularly in raid content to any significant extent in those three months.

Furthermore, you suggest that low-level BG's are so worth it, because it's easy to grind blues to let you keep on grinding those low-level BG's. And then you have the gall to suggest that I am the one assuming a preferred playstyle for the OP. Let's see, which are there more of: people who first start WoW and want to play the game for the content and to get to high level, or people who say, "Nah, let's go straight into making a twink for a BG that I have never played before! Let's pwn n00bs! W00!"

Hmm... I wonder...

You either hate WoW or are trying to hard to be right. A few hours in a BG to get a blue dagger when it's your first character and you are new to the game is likely to be a very fun game.

I began the game two years into release and had plenty of fun my initial BG's. They only wore off at level 60 (then 70). Low level BG's allow you to split the time between PvP and Leveling which in WoW progresses relativley fast. Thus many short term goals are met. If the OP has a time limit restricted by his job,, school, funds etc. he's sure to find a lot of fun obtaining short term goals.

PvP isn't the best but that doesn't mean it's going to destroy any chance of fun he's going to have in the game. You also seem to have missed the part where I said I was in a guild that ran MC a little over 3 months into the game. I played largely solo and this guy can problably level even faster since he's got friends starting the game with him. I did mention I was lucky. Luck implies there's only a chance that some people will get to do it. I was one of the fortunate ones, and I honestly hope whoever plays the game is as fortunate as I was has the best experience they can have.

Technically raiding in WoW begins at a 10 man now btw. Many guilds are still in Kara. Seeing as honor requirements for hard mode dungeons to equip for kara was lowered to honored from revered and as pugs were quite common for Kara (before I stopped playing anyways) there is a distinct possibility he will get to experience some raiding. ZA isn't hard either. I imagine that bridges the gap quite nicely for many raiding guilds to hit 25 mans faster.

Hembot on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Enig wrote: »
    2) The production value of this game FAR surpasses anything else out there on the market right now. Everything looks great, the controls feel intuitive, and the story is well-written. This adds to the enjoyment of the game, especially for the first playthrough, which is essentially what this will be for you.
    WoW may have the largest budget, and the controls are fluid if unremarkable. But I have to disagree with the story comment. WoW's story is obscure, very rarely coming to the foreground of actual play. I would have a hard time even defining what the story is. The opening movie talks about the breakdown of peace between the Horde and Alliance, but the game doesn't really have anything to do with this outside of PvP. Quests are generally related to isolated problems fabricated in the various zones (e.g. "omg gnolls!"). Also, in the minority of quests where there are actually references to the lore, they are often hard to understand unless you've played WC3 (spoken as someone who played WC3 after playing WoW).

While WoW's environment is well designed and a nice backdrop, there isn't often an "epic" fantasy feel. Most of the areas in the game also lack any real gravity or depth (e.g. Duskwood?). Still, on the first time through, there will be the "new-ness" factor to add interest, especially when you get to a new zone. Also, the design of WoW does have a certain "charm" regardless, and the combat being a decent balance between simplistic and interesting makes it nice to play (hence the massive popularity).

Sorry for kind of going off on that, but this is my biggest problem with WoW, one that became more evident the longer I played it.

I'd agree with that as well, WoW seems to be written for people who liked Warcraft 3 and want to poke around in that game's world. There's nothing really spectacular about it on its own.

jothki on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Warcraft's lore is all over the place and has little to no continuity besides the "oh look, I remember an area with the same name from WC3!" or "hey, it's Thrall."

Aldo on
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Warcraft's lore is all over the place and has little to no continuity besides the "oh look, I remember an area with the same name from WC3!" or "hey, it's Thrall."

Or "hey it's young Thrall .... and he's a fucking idiot."

WAR is delayed till fall, AoC looks good but will probably get delayed again. I would say WoW has the mot fun levelling process of the games i've played. LOTRO is pretty nice too, and oh so pretty.

Lly on
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I suppose this is a good place to ask as any, rather than make another thread. I am getting burned out on WoW, and the wait for WAR is killing me. Can any of you reccomend me a decent MMO to play for a while?

I've played:

1. CoX It was fun up until level 20ish, then I hit a large rut.

2. EVE, Couldn't handle the large learning curve, and it seemed hard for me to play or seem useful in midst of all the politics.

As well as some others, that I can go into if needed.

Clawshrimpy on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I suppose this is a good place to ask as any, rather than make another thread. I am getting burned out on WoW, and the wait for WAR is killing me. Can any of you reccomend me a decent MMO to play for a while?

I've played:

2. EVE, Couldn't handle the large learning curve, and it seemed hard for me to play or seem useful in midst of all the politics.

Dunno what you're looking for, maybe Lunia will be more to your liking. It's more of a beat-em-up MMO so maybe it's not your thing.

Aldo on
    edited April 2008
    Aldo wrote: »

I've played:

Dunno what you're looking for, maybe Lunia will be more to your liking. It's more of a beat-em-up MMO so maybe it's not your thing.
    Well, I'd be willing tot ry allmsot anything if it's somewhat accessable. keep in mind complicated or otherwise and or difficult games like FFXI and Everquest is beyond my tolerance range.

Clawshrimpy on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What happened at 20 in CoX that you didn't like? Most characters really start to get going in the 20s.

Scooter on
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I can't believe only one person has recommended Guild Wars. I know that whether or not it's a "true" MMO is debatable, but it is a one-time purchase free-to-play, and can be a really fun distraction for 2-3 months during long summer days.

You and your friends would probably be able to max out 2-3 characters of different classes over the summer playing just one campaign. And what's your poison? If you are really into PvP it has that in all three chapters, but Factions also has Alliance Battles where groups go head to head for territory (the storyline of Factions, though, is pretty subpar). I recommend Nightfall as giving the best intro to the game, customizable heroes (extremely useful), a noticeable boost in graphics quality, and the best storyline. Prophecies (the first chapter) is the "longest" with the most epic quest line, and covers more land mass in its adventuring.

And if you're finished with that too soon, pick up the Eye of the North expansion and breeze through that in a couple of weeks as well. The thing I like about GW is that it's a finite story and so you don't have to make a lifelong commitment to it. You play, you finish the story, you PvP, you're done. Come back to it, or not, as you like.

sidhaethe on
    edited April 2008
    You know..GW is pretty awesome for a three month stint. I never played the expansions but I remember playing the original for two months and having a blast. It's very MMO-esque.

I just got FFXI (again). I originally bought it a few years ago and played it for about half an hour before I dropped it. I was in a crappy house with no central air though. The computer shut off every 5 minutes from overheating on my old system. Now I've got my own condo with central air so I picked it up and it's quite grand.

FFXI doesn't have a tutorial like EvE to babystep you through though. The commands take some getting used to so I doubt it has the short term appeal of other games. Combat doesn't seem to be as fast as WoW either.

I'd have to agree with sidhaethe, if you want 99% of the experience an MMO offers but short term, no fee, and prettier graphics; Guild Wars is a sound choice.

Hembot on
  • PaperPlatePaperPlate Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Since its your friends first MMO I'd stick to free trials. All of the major ones have limited trials that will let you all decide what to commit spending money on.

How many friends are we talking about here? If you have 4-5 people you are looking a great way to play WoW and pretty much do everything together. Eve Online as well would be great and you can find some nice guides for getting into PvP within the first few days that would go great with your gang you'd have.

What are you looking for? PvP? PvE? Do you want a fantasy world, sci fi, super heroes? Its hard when you don't give us much to go on. If the issue with WoW is that you won't be able to do anything you have your friends to do everything with...

PaperPlate on
    Minecraft: PAPRPL8
    League of Legends (your friendly neighborhood support): PAPRPL8
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You should play the Matrix Online.

That way any other game you play will be compared to that and you will enjoy it more.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    PLay eve, we'll give you some frigates and you can throw yourself in front of battleships from day 2. In other MMOs it may very well take you the whole summer to get to a point where you can compete at all. If you're mainly playing with your friend(s) then stick with free trials and find something enjoyable. WoW is the yardstick right now, so you should give that a spin.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
    edited April 2008
    Well it's cool to upgrade ships but you'll never really get skilled at anything in EvE. I played Caldari for a year and a half and still didn't have all my EW (Electronic Warfare) skills topped out.

The thing about EvE is that you don't level like in normal games. You have base stats like Int, Wis, Cha that affect how fast you learn specific skills. These skills are learned over time. It's cool for long term play because you learn skills even when you're logged off! The problem with short term play is that tier I level V skills take about 5 days to learn and this has some multiplier each tier you go up.

Capital ship skills for instance have something like 3 month learning curves I think. It's been a while so I can't say for sure but there are definately skills that take over 1 month to learn. You won't be learning those but it gives you a little insight to how specialty skills really net a lot of time. EvE is very stat based when it comes to ship piloting. That's part of it's greatness however, considering ship configurations means a lot when it comes to PvP and no one can win all the time.

Hembot on
    edited April 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    What happened at 20 in CoX that you didn't like? Most characters really start to get going in the 20s.

Well, I guess it was more of me not being sure how to build my Mastermind's slotting and I could never decide on anything. I guess I should've tried a new class, I'll probably return at some point, then, since I doubt there really is anything as good as CoX right now.

Clawshrimpy on
  • BloodMuffinBloodMuffin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well for MMo's I don't suggest EQ2. Not only does it look like total crap it plays like it too, but then again I guess I'm bitter since I had such a shitty time playing. I played through the 14 day trial only to have the fae race shoved down my throat (only race you can play with their trial right now), I rolled with that ugly pile of sin until my trial ended.

The entire thing looks like it had no creative mind behind it stiff characters and not much to explore. I came in with low expectations but mustered the strength to go through the full trial praying it would be better. It really is a piss poor game to me. Some people seem to have fun with it though so I must have been missing out on some stuff.

BloodMuffin on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That last post is kind of depressing, as it started as advice but then went somewhere apparently filled with pain and botulism.

Anyways, I second Guild Wars, especially for a short time like you're saying if you don't plan to continue afterwards. If it's just for the three months than this is the one I'd pick; it's possible to get to level 20 in a week (in a day in Factions, or 2-3 if you know what you're doing otherwise) and the instancing means it's easy to jump in with your friends and just go and play. Gear is nice but not necessary, so basically you can just play with skills and builds and make money and kill stuff and try things out together.

Threelemmings on
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I know people who i used to play Asheron's Call 2 with who absolutely love EQ2. I tried it based on their opinions and was shocked by how much i hated it. It's like they decided to cut corners by not hiring a creative director ... some of the art is nice but the overall graphical content is just a mess.

Lly on
  • Bewildered_RoninBewildered_Ronin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    New to the forums here, but I gotta agree with Guild Wars. It's easy to pick up the basics and you can crunch through the campaign within a few weeks. Since there's no monthly fee, you can pick it up anytime without having to plunk down more cash. As for the campaign, for pure value I'd say go with Factions. It's still well populated and you get Alliance Battles, which really are a lot of fun. Once you max that out, pick up the expansion (Eye of the North) for some real challenge. You can get Factions for around $20-$30 if you look hard enough. A pretty good value.

Bewildered_Ronin on
    Blog - Bewildered Ronin @ Blogspot | 24/7 streaming NPR Talk & BBC World - RadioIQ
    Steam ID - BewilderedRonin
    {_,.~o-0=| She's Half |=0-o~.,_}
    edited April 2008
    this makes me want to pick up GW again myself. To bad i'm short on funds trying to lower debt so I can refi :P

Hembot on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well for MMo's I don't suggest EQ2. Not only does it look like total crap it plays like it too, but then again I guess I'm bitter since I had such a shitty time playing. I played through the 14 day trial only to have the fae race shoved down my throat (only race you can play with their trial right now), I rolled with that ugly pile of sin until my trial ended.

The entire thing looks like it had no creative mind behind it stiff characters and not much to explore. I came in with low expectations but mustered the strength to go through the full trial praying it would be better. It really is a piss poor game to me. Some people seem to have fun with it though so I must have been missing out on some stuff.

not true on only playing the fae, you have to make a fae first then you can make any other race. But you are limited to the Fae start zone and the Isle of Trials for the other races.

bloodyroarxx on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    GW is awful. Unless you have a group of friends who are already playing then you have no chance of ever getting a semi decent team. I pretty much solo'd up to 17 before losing the will to live and gave up. The only person on my friends list was my brother, who gave up after 5 levels. I'm pretty sociable in MMO's, and generally always have a good active guild in the MMO that I'm playing in. Hell, I got into a relatively high-end raiding guild in WoW just because the RL thought I was a nice, friendly guy without having even seen me play and yet I couldn't meet one person in GW who wasn't concerned about fulfilling their own needs and levelling as quickly as possible.

Tav on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    He has friends, which is why I suggested it, and it's fairly easy to fill out the roles with henchmen. To be honest it'll be like playing a huge coop together with MMO mechanics, which sounds like it was exactly fit for this situation. If it were longer term, or just him, I'd say steer clear for now. In the past it was easy to meet people but last time I logged on (granted, a while ago) all the common places were fairly silent.

Threelemmings on
  • Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Relative to the other two guild wars campaigns, prophecies (the first one), is slow, and has crappy skill acquisition. For comparison, one reaches level 20 2/3 of the way into prophecies on an average playthrough of the game, while in factions, one is supposed to be level 20 about 1/6 of the way into the game (a little bit out of the starter island). The game really needs to be played at level 20 and with a decent pool of skills (as the combat is balanced around level 20 PVP) to really be fun.
    Also, people don't group with other people because the playerbase can be downright horrible in skill and attitude, and it is usually a lot less painful to play with quiet and decently dependable henchmen and heroes.

Serious_Scrub on
    edited April 2008
    All those people spamming their wares is annoying also. I often used henchmen in the original campaign to get away from those people. Eventually I found a pretty cool group to run around with just like any other game.

Can you order Dominoes in the EQII interface? SOLD! LAWL

Hembot on
  • Bewildered_RoninBewildered_Ronin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    GW is awful. Unless you have a group of friends who are already playing then you have no chance of ever getting a semi decent team. I pretty much solo'd up to 17 before losing the will to live and gave up. The only person on my friends list was my brother, who gave up after 5 levels. I'm pretty sociable in MMO's, and generally always have a good active guild in the MMO that I'm playing in. Hell, I got into a relatively high-end raiding guild in WoW just because the RL thought I was a nice, friendly guy without having even seen me play and yet I couldn't meet one person in GW who wasn't concerned about fulfilling their own needs and levelling as quickly as possible.

Sorry to hear that. I've had my ups and downs in GW, it happens in any MMO. I've met quite a few good players and got into a really great guild through PUGs. It's not always bad, but sometimes it is really bad and can drive you absolutely crazy. I tried WoW, but it really was just too much of a time sink for me and I really didn't like most of the players I came across. D&DO I quit on the second day of the 14 day trial it was so bad.

I've heard others have the exact opposite experience. It all depends.

-edit-
    to expand a bit on what Serious_Scrub said: unlike many other online RPGs GWs really isn't about levels, it's about skills. it's kind of like a collector card game in that aspect and relies heavily on teamwork. the game is built around all builds being able to be countered by something else, so there is no perfect build for every situation.

Bewildered_Ronin on
    Blog - Bewildered Ronin @ Blogspot | 24/7 streaming NPR Talk & BBC World - RadioIQ
    Steam ID - BewilderedRonin
    {_,.~o-0=| She's Half |=0-o~.,_}
  • Hobbit LandHobbit Land Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wezoin wrote: »
    So a couple friends and I are looking to find an mmo to play for the summer. We considered WoW, but I don't know how worth it it is starting from level 1 considering most people are like level 60 or 70 or w/e. Is it worth getting in to? What about WAR? Is that going to be out by the end of April?

Any other suggestions? It'll be my friends first MMO.

Champions online if you like 3D (sort of) animation, Super hero MMOs.

Hobbit Land on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think he meant Summer 2008.

Glal on
  • ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Lly wrote: »
    I know people who i used to play Asheron's Call 2 with who absolutely love EQ2. I tried it based on their opinions and was shocked by how much i hated it. It's like they decided to cut corners by not hiring a creative director ... some of the art is nice but the overall graphical content is just a mess.

You should know this is a bad opinion by one thing: This person liked AC2.

I play Eve, and it has held my attention for a long while. Everything else seemed to lose its appeal fast, except for the original Asheron's Call.

If they remade that game, I would be so addicted again.

Comahawk on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    How about SpaceCowboy/Flysis/ whatever they're calling it this month?

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • digitarddigitard I walked up hill BOTH ways AZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I personally just started playing WoW last week. Even though there are SO many lvl 70's running around, a lot of them have alternate toons so they're playing low level characters too. There's a VERY wide variety of players.

So... WoW is a good one. I'm up to 23 right now, would be higher but I wanted to focus on making some G in the auction house cause I was poor). It's a blast.

City of Heroes/Villains is another good one. Not quite as in depth as WoW (not even close) but a great game to pick up, and just play. You don't have to worry about as many things, and you can jump in/out easily. Plus the fact that every major mission (minus the kill X amount of enemies pretty much) is instanced you don't have to worry about being in a mission for you, and other people killing the same stuff and then walking into a large respawn of enemies. You still have instances in WoW, but they're not as common.

digitard on
    Dave K
    Media / Social Monkey
    GregRedHastings.com
    Now available for iOS - Coming Soon for Android / Ouya