As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Real Live robot!?

ObilexObilex Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Artist's Corner
hey guys, so this started out as a school project where we had to make a sculpture out of found objects around our house, so naturally I decided to make a robot. My spring break had just begun so I drove home and rummaged through my barn for random junk.

This is what the final result ended up looking like.

All the joints move, his head swivles, and he bends at the hip, the one bad thing is that he can't really stand up.

professormuffingut003.jpg

professormuffingut006.jpg

professormuffingut007.jpg

I am thinking of making more just for the hell of it, let me know what you all think.

Obilex on

• Options
    Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This is pretty awesome, good job!

Asamof the Horrible on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Remember, just because you are using found objects, it doesn't mean you need to keep the item completely in tact. You can always alter the items to create a more interesting object. Is it your intent to make his chest look like it is made out of a cupcake pan, or the eye from a fuse?

Also, think about your connections. I see sheet screws drilled through them. Cut them off at the ends and file them down, unless that is the aesthetic you are going for. In which case, its a poor aesthetic.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ha, it reminds me of Helper from The Venture Brothers.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2008
    ha, it reminds me of Helper from The Venture Brothers.
    That's the first thing that came to mind.

bombardier on
  • Options
    ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    thanks for the feedback forbe, I have seen what you can do with metal and it's amazing. the eye is actually a washer connected to coiled up wire but the picture doesnt really show it all that great.

Obilex on