As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mac Leopard desktop being wierd, options changed.

The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, I'm not very computer literate, so let me try and explain this. I run a Leopard operating system on my Mac laptop. Earlier today my brother was goofing around with me and messing with the volume while I tried to turn it back up, and must have pushed something while doing this, as something changed after that.

Before, when pressing the sides of the mouse, as well as a key with the symbol of three small rectangles within a larger one on the keyboard on the top row, all windows on the screen would shrink, move backwards, and line up, as the desktop went dark, allowing you to pick which window you then wanted to be in front, allowing you to multitask easily.

Now though, pressing either button results in the open windows backing up for only a split second, before moving off the screen into the corners, exposing the bare desktop. Pressing the button again will not bring them back, I have to hold the button down to see them all lined up as usual, then while holding it down click on one to return to normal vision, or else when I let go they back off the screen again.

So my questin is WTF do I do to change it back? Digging around in preferences has yielded nothing, and help can't help because I'm really not sure of the terminology to use for this problem. I'm almost tempted to mash random buttons again to change it back to normal.

So my question is, can someone tell me what to do to change it back to normal?

The Last Gent on

• Options
    SaarSaar Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sounds like he messed up your Expose short cuts. Go fix them in System Preferences / Expose & Spaces.

Saar on
  • Options
    The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Messing around with them, still no change. The fact that I'm not 100 percent sure what I'm doing doesn't help.

Edit: fixed it. Thread can be locked.

The Last Gent on