As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Momentous Occassions of the Week 03/26/08

124»

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    To me, Skrull Maya's dialogue in NA suggested that there's much more to the Skrull invasion than meets the eye, and that likely explains why they aren't just overwhelming everyone with numbers. It also will probably explain why they didn't kill the heroes who were replaced.

Robos A Go Go on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    well, we do know of at least one person they killed when replaced.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think they're going to be like: listen, nothing personal, but current events prove we can run this planet way better than you homps.

august on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    well, we do know of at least one person they killed when replaced.

He didn't actually die on the page, and if they kept the rest of them alive then I expect they'll keep him alive as well.

Robos A Go Go on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    He wasn't being stabbed - he was being pumped full of Skrull Sleepy-Time Juice.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    I never could get into All-Star Superman mainly because of how much I vehemently dislike Frank Quitely's art. I know he's popular but he's probably one of my least favorite artists like right up there with Howard Chaykin. I've only read 3 books so far this week since I just got them yesterday so at this point my favorite moment was just the craziness of the Skrull vs. Wolverine/Echo fight due to how many powers the Skrull displayed. If ALL the invading Skrulls are equipped like that then....Yeesh!! Scary times.

Why is it scary? Wolverine, who only has the power of sniktbub and Echo, who has no powers outside of muscle memorization kicked the snot out of the Super Super Skrull even after said Skrull disguised as Daredevil snuck up on the non-powered and all by her lonesome Echo. If anything, it just tells me these Skrulls are a joke.

To be fair, that Super Skrull could be banging symbols and blasting the loudest death metal he could find and he'd still sneak up on Echo.

The Muffin Man on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Just because she's deaf doesn't mean she couldn't feel it.

Crimsondude on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Are you talking about Super Skrull or about Hawkeye?
    Badum-pshhhhh
    :winky::winky::winky:

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I read Blue Beetle, and now I'm mad that I haven't been reading Blue Beetle. It's a great comic.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If it makes you feel any better, this most recent arc has been a huge step up in quality, and pretty much all of the fill-ins have been downright bad.

Munch on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2008
    if it makes you feel any better, munch is a bit pretentious

Garlic Bread on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think I'm more brutally honest. I do my best to be as objective as possible. The initial arc was good, the mini arc with Brenda on Deathtrap Planet was great, the Dani Garrett issue was excellent (I'm actually purchasing some art from that issue..), and then there was a bunch of stuff that read like Rogers was killing time and trying to find his feet, then it got good again when Jaime and Dani met Tovar, and it's been pretty good ever since.

Munch on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

Are you talking about Super Skrull or about Hawkeye?
    Badum-pshhhhh
    :winky::winky::winky:

Both. Just so long as she and Clint don't do it in the ear.

Crimsondude on
  • KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DMAC wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Pretty sure All Star Superman ends with Morrison.

I'm kind of curious about that too. It won the "Best Ongoing Series" Eisner but it sort of sounds like it's just a 12 issue "mini" series. There aren't too many people I'd like to see directly follow Morrison's run. The best way to do it would just be to have the next All Star team start over with their own interpretation of the character.
    It's going beyond 12 issues with a new artist for every issue, I believe.

Kyle

KyleWPeterson on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, I recall them bringing in known artists that haven't really drawn Superman before, which is exciting. It wouldn't feel like an All-Star Book if they just got some regular artists on it.

Lux on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm like a page late, but yea, Green Lantern really annoyed me. I've only been reading DC since the last Crisis, and I feel like I've read Hal's origin story at least three times already. And I don't even like Hal! There was like, 2 panels of worthwhile comic in the whole thing, on the last page.

Scooter on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    This is where me just starting to read DC is a good thing.
    I've never had to read his origin story, so I don't mind as much.

Me Too! on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Good to know wiggin, thanks.

:^:

Sars_Boy on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Any time, man.
    Any time.

Me Too! on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Damage Control is definitely worth picking up. It's just three issues, the art is gorgeous, and it's funny as hell.

I agree, Damage Control was pretty fun, as well as wiping away the bad taste their involvement in Civil War left.

Wildcat on
  • KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think that this last issue of Green Lantern was a nice jumping on point for new readers. After all of the attention that Sinestro Corps War received, it's good for people to have one last chance to get on-board before Blackest Night comes around.

Kyle

KyleWPeterson on
    edited March 2008
    Oh, and Power Pack: Day One was all kinds of aces.

Wildcat on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Anyone read Ultimate FF this week? Bad issue but I'm pretty sure Darth Vader is one of Thanos' army. You can see his silhoette. I thought that was pretty funny.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm not disliking the Thanos arc in Ultimate FF, but it's really missing the Pascqual Ferry art (who designed the Ultimate versions of all these characters during the "God War" arc that started Carey's run).

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    I agree 100%. I loved Ferry's work on the book.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think the "Secret Origins" arc will end up reading much better in trade.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Oh, and Power Pack: Day One was all kinds of aces.

The best comic about four kids given magical alien fighting powers by a space unicorn who can turn into a rainbow that I have ever read.

I kid. Great book! And I loved the physics lesson at the end. I see from your avatar you did too :)

Desktop Hippie on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone read Wolverine: First Class? I wish someone would have told me sooner that its really Kitty Pride: First Class with some Wolverine thrown in. I really enjoyed the book.

smokmnky on
    edited April 2008
    The best comic about four kids given magical alien fighting powers by a space unicorn who can turn into a rainbow that I have ever read.

I kid. Great book! And I loved the physics lesson at the end. I see from your avatar you did too :)

One of the first Marvel comics I read as a child had Power Pack as a backup feature, IIRC, so I have a warm place for them in my nostalgia.

Plus, space-helmet Hulk? Delightful.

Wildcat on
    edited April 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »

One of the first Marvel comics I read as a child had Power Pack as a backup feature, IIRC, so I have a warm place for them in my nostalgia.

Plus, space-helmet Hulk? Delightful.

Me too. They were on a beach. I remember the horse swam. That's all I remember though.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm a big girlie girl, so I love Power Pack for being so damn adorable. Everything about them is just so sweet. Like how whenever their powers are swapped around, their immediate reaction is to come up with new codenames.

Desktop Hippie on
    edited April 2008
    Hee, that's cool too.

Also, as I've just read it, Mighty Avengers. Sentry <3

Wildcat on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well for my extremely dated moment of the week (tm), I've just finished Dan Slotts entire run on She-Hulk, and Extremis.

They were both totally awesome, although Slott was clearly running out of steam near the end there. Extremis was great, really looking forward to the subsequent books.

Edit: The section of She-Hulk with Herc was fucking incredible, if you haven't read it then you're dead inside.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg