As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Poast(nsfw/56k)

1235»

• Options
    EhmaviscaEhmavisca Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sup Wak.

I really love the 1st pic, but I think her right boob is too far to our right. What do you think?

Ehmavisca on
  • Options
    ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Always love your stuff too. As for the first one though, there are a few things that irk me at least. First is the right (her left) breast being either too low, or too close/angled wrong with the other one, depending on wich perspective you choose. It seems to be a fairly angeled perspective (from pretty low looking up) but this gets kinda wonked with her heads angle. If she really is bending her neck enough to where her heads plane overcomes the bodies angle so much so that she's actually looking down, then you really wouldn't be able to see her neck at all, and I don't think it could be positioned that far back. Hopefully I made some sense somewhere in there...

Also, the right hand (her left) is kinda wacky and I can't see whats going on there. It almost seems like she has the first joint pointed to her hoot, the next joint pointed skyward, and the final one back towards the hoot, wich would indicate a broken finger. If it's just supposed to be one bend at a right angle, then I would think it'ed be further back on the hand in line with the assumed knuckles. If it's supposed to be the thumb, I would think it'ed be a smidge thicker, further back on the hand, and have the back line more angled to the slope of the hands back.

Also also, I would think the shadow line at her pelvis would be lower, as is now it seems like you lengthened her torso after shading. Unless of course the black absorbing thingy is creating the shadow.

Aside from that stuff though, this is the one I liked most, though I also really enjoy the purple shading on the second!

Shiboe on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Holy sunuva. You are unreal! <3

mully on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Damnit don't necropost Wak's threads. I got excited thinking there was new art. Now i'm sad.

Lly on
  • Options
    Lexx KYSDSLexx KYSDS Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Lly wrote:
    Damnit don't necropost Wak's threads. I got excited thinking there was new art. Now i'm sad.

Dude, whatever, I haven't seen the last three pages of this thread, so it was totally new for Lexxies.

B:<

Lexx KYSDS on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Lexx KYSDS wrote:
    Lly wrote:

Dude, whatever, I haven't seen the last three pages of this thread, so it was totally new for Lexxies.

B:<

Just more proof that you need to spend more time with us Lexxy!

Lly on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Err that would be my fault sorry. I linked her to this thread, in the name of great justice, of-course.

I too haven't seen the last page, so I'm happy :p

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    hehe, since were bringing up old stuff, say goodbye to your vertical scrolls

oldsketch1.jpgoldsketch11.jpg
    oldsketch12.jpgoldsketch13.jpg
    oldsketch14.jpgoldsketch15.jpg
    oldsketch16.jpgoldsketch2.jpg
    oldsketch3.jpgoldsketch4.jpg
    oldsketch6.jpg
    oldsketch8.jpgoldsketch9.jpg

compared to my new sketches
    sketchbook2.jpg

wakkawa on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It is crazy what a little time and practice can do. I'm just going to point every noob AC'er with bad anatomy anime to this thread. A little anatomical understanding can clearly elevate work to incredible proportions.

I'm amazed that these are even both from the same person. It also makes me wonder what your stuff will look like in five years...

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I want to know how old is the oldest thing in here.

TheBog on
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    well, I didn't start drawing anime until my sophomore year maybe? I found a paper that was dated 2003 in one of the books. It wasn't until my senior year when I actually started to get "good".

and it wasn't until the beginning of this school year when I started to really sketch.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ahahahaha, that Vegeta! :lol:

It's scary how quickly you've improved.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    It is scary how quickly you improved, Its interesting that you actually used to achieve folds in cloth fairly well even in the begging.

Iruka on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I hope Zel is lurking this thread.

Great job wak! (Like you need to hear it)

Sublimus on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    To be quite honest it looks like you were great at bodies and general anatomy and folds and crap right from the start, just had trouble with heads and faces.

TheBog on
  • Options
    M2tMM2tM Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Man, you went from generic Dragon Ball Zeeeee art to Awesome very quickly...

I pointed it out before, but it's obviously because you were posting art almost daily at some points. Great work, shows practice does make perfect.

M2tM on
    "We can be richer than industry as long as we know that there are things that we don't really need." -Willy Mason
  • Options
    JWashkeJWashke Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Wow, It really is astonishing how much you improved Wakkawa. I didn't think it was possible but you just became an even bigger inspiration for me.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It's really astonishing how many people keep looking for some magical secret to improving their art, when the real secret is just time and effort.

Seeing your old stuff made me flip through my old notebooks I have handy at my house. I have to chuckle at a lot of it, especially at the old stuff that I remember thinking "oh man this is the shit" when I first drew it.

Man now I want to make a "post your old art" thread.

edit: Oh dear god, I just went through more old sketchpads and found probably the worst thing ever. A southpark parody comic called "poke park" with pokemans I probably did in the fifth grade. Words cannot describe what is etched on that dark page.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    XALXAL Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Scosglen wrote:
    Sublimus wrote:
    Looks liek wer're all 19 in this camp. :rotate:
    I'm 18 :o

that doesn't help any =[

I'm 18 too...I've got a lot of free hours...i should probably use them by drawing and studying anatomy...and i did buy two anatomy books for that exact purpose...hmmm

XAL on
  • Options
    ArisaArisa Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    XAL wrote:
    Scosglen wrote:
    Sublimus wrote:
    Looks liek wer're all 19 in this camp. :rotate:
    I'm 18 :o

that doesn't help any =[

I'm 18 too...I've got a lot of free hours...i should probably use them by drawing and studying anatomy...and i did buy two anatomy books for that exact purpose...hmmm

Hey, at least you're younger than Wak, with a chance to catch up by the time you hit his age -- I'm older, and still hugely far behind. ^_~

Arisa on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    damn wakkawa, you have some hella nice art. seriously, i'm almost 21 and you put me to shame, horribly.

keep up the good work :^:

while i go cry myself to sleep and cut my wrists

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    t i mt i m Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dear Wakka,

As everyone has said your a true craftsman and you work is stellar to say the least. I'm no big anime fan, but spot on anatomy and excellent pencil work as everyone can see seperates "decent" from "great!" Then take that sketch and a good sense of composition, and color theory, and damn good painter skills, and you've got yourself "amazing" work.

However, not to take anything away from clearly a TON of God given talent, I suspect he practices constantly, sketching, painting, what have you. That shows commitment, hard work, and as you all can see it cleary pays off. So to those who say, " OH MY God, your only 20 I'm gonna jump off a cliff, I'll never be that good." That's a nice compliment for sure, but ask yourself, do you have the will and desire to invest a majority of your time and effort to get this good...well maybe not this good...but at least to advance yourself, mature, and grow as an artist in your own right? Nobodys getting anywhere on hopes and dreams kids, Think about that.... (Gets off soapbox, heh).

The pieces where you've kept a more traditional feel, inparticular the faces, are what I find to be astounding. My personal favorite is this one:

sweetmisery.jpg

I see hints of Jason Chan, truly amazing. Also I see a bit of Bengal in some of the more stylized pieces, and obviously the taste for ladies.

Well done sir, a humbling, but absolute treat of a thread.

Tim.

P.S. I'm 25 this week, and this youngbuck's work would smoke mine in every facet, but I'm okay with that cause seeing pieces like this make me want to pick up my sketchpad and go to town! :D

t i m on
    God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.” Bill Watterson