As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What the fuck, Adult Swim

2»

• Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    Strangers With Candy was awesome.

I agree with you Defender. Great show.

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    turtleant wrote: »
    tsplitter wrote: »
    am i the only person who liked FLCL?

No. I liked it very much.

Same here. I almost wish they'd do an animated movie version of it, but in my heart I know it is perfect as is.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm thinking they showed all their canceled but filmed episodes today.

They had

-incomplete venture bros
    -fat guy in the internet unaired ep
    -delocated
    -unaired superjail

then I fell asleep.

FCD, if you put all 6 episodes together, flcl comes out to 2 hours, 15min. It's already an animated movie.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Drool wrote: »
    Paul Rudd went to high school up the road from my apartment.

I know where you live.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    incomplete venture was by far the best thing they showed that night

Grath on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I'm thinking they showed all their canceled but filmed episodes today.

They had

-incomplete venture bros
    -fat guy in the internet unaired ep
    -delocated
    -unaired superjail

then I fell asleep.

FCD, if you put all 6 episodes together, flcl comes out to 2 hours, 15min. It's already an animated movie.

Yes, I realize that. I was just saying that the greedy part of me wants more, but the sensible part of me knows that it's already pefect, is all.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    paul rudd is a sexy sexy man

Raneados on
  • Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    incomplete venture? wtf

elaborate

was it like a new episode that wasnt done, an episode that never was finished, or an old episode in a incomplete form

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Grath wrote: »
    incomplete venture was by far the best thing they showed that night

I didn't think the Venture Brothers episode was very good. The show loses a lot without the soundtrack and extended murder scenes.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    incomplete venture? wtf

elaborate

was it like a new episode that wasnt done, an episode that never was finished, or an old episode in a incomplete form

It's basically the visual and voices done. No special effects or music. Here's the summary that I put down in the SE++ Venture thread.
    -The name of the episode is 'The Doctor Is Sin'.
    -The preview starts with Dr Venture trying to hire Mexican immigrants off of a desert road, looking to pay them 50 dollars a day for jobs that pretty much require degrees in different branches of science.
    -The reason behind the cheap labor is that General Manhowers is coming to the Compound and Venture wants it to look busy to help sell new inventions.
    -Part of the reason seems to lie in the fact that Dr Venture's brother recently got a spread in a super-science mag as discussed by the pair over the phone. The call also shows that Hector and Swifty from Season 2's opener have gotten jobs with Jonas Junior. The phone call also shows a grown up Hadji asking J.J. for help with a still mentally-disturbed Johnny Quest.
    -Dr Venture has everyone in the Compound (including Dr Orpheus and Triana dressing up as various people to play up his importance in front of Manhowers. Manhowers doesn't buy it much in the end, especially with a villain attack requiring an Indian-disquised Brock to handle it in his own special way. Venture reveals that since the Monarch's called off his feud, various villains have been trying to fill the space.
    -As Manhowers drives away, disinterested in buying any of the same stuff he bought from Venture Sr, the team recieve aid from a familiar masked face: Dr Henry Killinger, who offers his services to Venture much like he did with the Monarch. Things seem to improve right off as Killinger hires a new work-force for the Compound paid by the state called the Venchmen.
    -However, things aren't as nice as he presents them to the Venture family. His meeting with the leaders of the Super-Science work unions ends quickly once he shows them the inside of his Magic Murder Bag, turning them all to dust. He initiates a hostile takeover of Conjectural Technologies thanks to Pete White putting up public buyable stock on the market to afford a Wii. He also evicts Dr Orpheus in order to return that part of the Compound back to it's original state. Orpheus seems to recognize Killinger and tries to check him out in a non-flashy magical way. Orpheus however ends up on the floor, a heavy gout of blood spurting from his nose.

The other best thing that night besides Venture Bros was the somewhat disturbing episode of Moral Orel they showed...
    ...which ties into the two-part season finale as a prelude, revolving around Orel going slowly insane when he's grounded from going to church.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    man that episode was missing alot yes, even some of the side voices.

it got me super excited for the new season
    it looks like they are pushing rusty into becoming a super villian, which will be totally rad

Grath on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    OH yeah. Moral orel. I feel asleep right at the end of that. What did he see heaven as that got everyone all freaked out? Or was it just the idea that he said heaven wasn't all clouds and fluffyness?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    OH yeah. Moral orel. I feel asleep right at the end of that. What did he see heaven as that got everyone all freaked out? Or was it just the idea that he said heaven wasn't all clouds and fluffyness?
    The idea. Clay kept interrupting him though and eventually dragged him back to his study to keep him quiet. That leads right into the opening for last season's finale.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

I know where you live.

Your avatar makes this even more creepy.

Drool on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I know where you live.

Your avatar makes this even more creepy.

I just know he went to some Shawnee Mission school. North or something?

RocketSauce on