As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wedding post card Save The Date

NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in Artist's Corner
I made this up for my wedding in october. The save the date info will be on the back. What do you guys think?
stdjay.jpg

NakedZergling on

• ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    that's a hell of a chin on that broad

ManonvonSuperock on
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is she...is she throwing up a gang sign?

DeeLock on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    she looks extremely old
    like you're kissing your grandma

beavotron on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    HaroldMaude_300x298.jpg?

It is said that every line on the face (in a portrait) adds to the subject's age--this is doubly so when drawing ladies and babies (and bubby ladies).

I think exercising a little more subtly with the laugh-lines around the nose and the chin lines will solve that issue.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    she looks extremely old
    like you're kissing your grandma

You realize there's a chance that you just insulted his wife, right?

Maybe he's spot-on, maybe she really is an older woman with a slightly large chin.

Mangoes on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't think she looks that old. Her hand does look a bit weird, NZ.

Grats, by the way.

Tam on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    I think it looks good. The parting of the fingers brings perfect attention to the ring and support of westcoast rappers.

• NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    no she's not old, it's just me trying to execute an angle that was weird. i didn't think it looked that bad! damn you guys are harsh! i can touch up those elements in PS though. thanks for pointing them out.
    Any gang sign was not intended, the hand was put in as Mars noted to show the ring.
    thank you guys for the input.

NakedZergling on
    edited March 2008
    But she does support Westcoasts rappers, right?
    It looks good, don't get discouraged. The overall line quality is money. With the touch ups in PS it'll be a great announcement card.

• NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I dunno...we are east coast based...so you know patriots>chargers, new york>LA, conan>leno.

NakedZergling on
    edited March 2008
    Sir, these are very important questions to ask before you consider marrying a woman! Nobody likes a marriage built on falsehoods and Biggie Smalls.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2008
    (I don't want to jack your thread at all, but I really wanted to show off the art Mully did for my save the date cards.)
    weddinginvite1.png

we also made it into a puzzle, as "puzzle pieces" are a part of the visual theme for the wedding... it's symbolic for how we fit together so nice blah blah blah hey fuck you it's romantic, okay?

puzzle.jpg

sorry about that, now back to your regularly scheduled programming

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited March 2008
    holy hot damn thats awesome!!!!!! Where did you get the puzzles made up? i would love to do that with some of my art!!

NakedZergling on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2008
    I think it was http://www.portraitpuzzles.com/, but there's a lot of places that do it. Just search on custom puzzle in google

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    if you're in canada, avoid london drugs for custom puzzles
    i have had 2 done - both times they were blurry and .. ugh, just.. ugh
    and they won't do anything about it, either

mully on
    edited April 2008
    dammit! i wanted to do puzzles for favors, but wow..they're like 10-30 bucks a pop! anyone know where you can get em cheaper if we order like 150?

NakedZergling on