As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Thread: moar like Waithammer Online

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I too have received my preorder codes/information. Ordered from EBgames.com FYI

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    wow jesus, gamestop.com charges 20 bucks to ship to canada.

Angry on
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    CE ordered. This is the first CE i have actually ever bought, the art book and model are just too much for me to not buy.

Lly on
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    God, the CE costs appr. $190 here D:

I'd order it abroad, but most stores seem to be limiting pre-orders to native customers. What a bitch. At least it's cheaper than the fucking WoW CE, though :(

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    hahaha

sucks to be a dane

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Hey, I won't dispute the coolness of that, but the whole setting can't be as awesome as orks with technological weaponry. Like flamethrowers.

:^:

Just wait, you're relatively new to this whole 40k/WFB thing, aren't you? You'll see... you'll see.

Yeah, I am, though I've been diving into the 40k stuff pretty heavy as of late.
    I don't think fantasy WAR is bad it just doesn't seem as interesting to me. But then in art class I was always a fan of mixed media. Not to mention my heart goes out to intergalactic travel.

Accualt on
  • ShamuuuShamuuu regular
    edited April 2008
    Cherrn wrote: »
    God, the CE costs appr. $190 here D:

I'd order it abroad, but most stores seem to be limiting pre-orders to native customers. What a bitch. At least it's cheaper than the fucking WoW CE, though :(

HAH, it's 163 over here in Sweden, Skåne, Malmö now eat that.

Shamuuu on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    how long does it typically take for gamestop to send out confirmation emails? i made the order, but it doesn't even register on the site as such.

Angry on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Good news: I got GameStops codes from my day one preorder.

Bad News: It's April 1st and I'm a paranoid motherfucker D:

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Mythic not doing an April Fool's joke is awesome in my book.

To think of all the time wasted by Blizzard putting up that shit when minor graphical changes (druids forms I'm looking at you) have been ignored since release.

narv107 on
  • Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This swordmaster video is hot.

Video preview of Swordmaster:
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/29629

Now I have no idea how I want to play my Disciple =(. Group healing? oh hells ya.

Video preview of Disciple of Khaine:
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/29631

Ash-Housewares on
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    narv107 wrote: »
    Mythic not doing an April Fool's joke is awesome in my book.

To think of all the time wasted by Blizzard putting up that shit when minor graphical changes (druids forms I'm looking at you) have been ignored since release.

Blizzard are terrible with that shit, though. That's one of the primary reasons I got sick of WoW a year ago; they always nerf and buff this and that and add new shit here and there, but they completely neglect all the really basic crap that should've been solved years ago.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The lighting looks really nice in that Swordmaster video.

815165 on
  • maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Maybe their April fool's is not doing an April fool's?

maraxus94 on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man, they totally got all of us then.

Oats on
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i've always wanted to try a table top anything, but the crowd for that sucks in arizona (classic anti-social sour milk smelling basement dwellers) and none of my friends are into it : /

I'm confused: is there a different sort of crowd that plays? I'm still looking for those hookers with a heart of gold and a 2000pt army; so far no luck.

italianranma on
    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    They're called gamers who quit in college, talked to girls, then came back after getting real jobs in their mid or late 20's. Often with girls, too. Who tell them they're staying out too late when they try to play once a fucking month.

Nevermind.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tell us how you really feel. *notepad*

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited April 2008
    That was a hypothetical.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You're a hypothetical.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That was a hypothetical.

Is it? Is it really? Deep down in your heart?
    What about deep down in your pants.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited April 2008
    Well...

:winky:

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    That was a hypothetical.

Is it? Is it really? Deep down in your heart?
    What about deep down in your pants.

Well, deep in my pants, hypothetically speaking...

Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2008
    Your mom's pants are hypothetical.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited April 2008
    Your mom's pants are hypothetical.

The pants are a lie.

Sorry, I'll be leaving now.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2008
    This has probably gone too far.

So, um, how 'bout those cities? Anyone else looking forward to buying some sauerkraut and bratwurst in Altdorf?

As an Orc...

Wiv' yer Choppa...

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited April 2008
    Btw guys, you do notice on those item concept screenshot, they show the 'epic' goods. I mean, there is T(ier)1, T2, T3, T4, and then T"E" and the stuff looks rather grand.

I have seen elsewhere where they have written in Tier 5 and Tier 6... Sounds quite interesting.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This has probably gone too far.

So, um, how 'bout those cities? Anyone else looking forward to buying some sauerkraut and bratwurst in Altdorf?

As an Orc...

Wiv' yer Choppa...

The ranking system is rather bad ass. Cities increase in rank and unlock greater quests and rewards? Most interesting.

This system also helps to contribute to a greater diversity in battleground, I think. Raid Altdorf too much, and the rewards become smaller as the temples and good looting spots will be inaccessible. I'm not sure if you need to encourage people to raid other cities, but its always good to see it built into the system.

The information seemed to infer that lesser cities... such as the cities in tiers 1-3 could also level up and unlock additional content. How will these cities "de-rank" though? Are city sieges only for the capital cities? This is what I thought, but perhaps not.

Corp.Shephard on
    edited April 2008
    The information seemed to infer that lesser cities... such as the cities in tiers 1-3 could also level up and unlock additional content. How will these cities "de-rank" though? Are city sieges only for the capital cities? This is what I thought, but perhaps not.

I missed this; where did you catch that?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • mora1mora1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This swordmaster video is hot.

Video preview of Swordmaster:
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/29629

Oh shit, I totally missed that video, thanks for the link. I think that pretty much seals it for me if my guild goes order. God damn the Swordmaster sounds so sweet.

mora1 on
    edited April 2008
    I don't know about you guys, but I really do hope they offer different styles of UI right from the start. Probably not, but DAoC did have some nice skins that they made. Just recolorations, but man did it add to it. It really was a nice touch to go from black and gold to regal patterns and gold.

It would especially be nice if they had a minimalist UI. You know, black and grays, simple, no ornamentations.

I mean, we really haven't heard much from the UI area of the game, have we?

Lucky Cynic on
    edited April 2008
    I would hope that they copy WoW's customisability of the UI allowing people to pretty much do anything. I spent almost as much time tweaking my ui and addons as i did actually playing the game for a while. It really adds a lot of appeal for me.

Lly on
  • ShamuuuShamuuu regular
    edited April 2008
    Lly wrote: »
    I would hope that they copy WoW's customisability of the UI allowing people to pretty much do anything. I spent almost as much time tweaking my ui and addons as i did actually playing the game for a while. It really adds a lot of appeal for me.

More work is more fun?

Shamuuu on
    edited April 2008
    When you refer to work are you referring to tweaking the ui or playing WoW? :P

Lly on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    They are going down the whole customisation road, given the impact it's had in WoW I think it's a feature that's going to be expected in every MMO from now.

815165 on
    edited April 2008
    Oh I know WAR is going to have some customization options, I just wish that Mythic would add some of their own into the mix for those of us who have bad experiences fucking around with UIs. Here are some of DAoC's UIs and honestly, I would be very surprised if they didn't include this feature.
    whatt.jpg
    whattie174.jpg
    ui_icons.jpg

None of those really look alike and will do well for certain play styles better than others, but it's just crazy how the UI could be modded to such a degree.

Lucky Cynic on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2008
    WÄCHTER VON CAMELOT

Unknown User on
  • MemnoMemno Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hi guys/gals, generally lurk and check this thread among others around PA.

Decided it's probably better if I stick to EU servers and save myself from 3 hours of sleep per night. So I just cancelled my CE pre-order on amazon, however I still have the 3 codes (not tried to enter them). Not sure if they're still valid or not but if anyone is desperate and wants to try because they're not able to afford the CE or unwilling. Thought I'd offer them to some fellow PA'ers since everyone I know either has a CE or isn't planning on playing on the US servers.

Edit: Done

Memno on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dunno if you guys heard this, but in the Disciple of Khaine video one of the developers mentions the game is going to have a twin targetting system. He says that you can have an enemy and a friend selected at the same time. so your offensive abilities will go against the enemy you have targeted, and if you cast a heal, it will go to your ally target.

I think that's a pretty badass mechanic that really makes targeting a bit more streamlined.

Dissociater on
    edited April 2008
    Dunno if you guys heard this, but in the Disciple of Khaine video one of the developers mentions the game is going to have a twin targetting system. He says that you can have an enemy and a friend selected at the same time. so your offensive abilities will go against the enemy you have targeted, and if you cast a heal, it will go to your ally target.

I think that's a pretty badass mechanic that really makes targeting a bit more streamlined.

All dicks...

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.