As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

April Fools!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Heh, the company I work for has email hosted by google. The little bar at the top that has quotes, or news headlines or whatever has a Dunder Mifflin ad.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Shit, I can't even tell if this is a joke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21YF7ggCG6g

Video is from Al-Jazeera Channel, supposedly about a bunch of guys from Gaza who are manning phone banks to support Obama's primary run - they are volunteers.

TOPICAL

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    oops? <-- greatest prank-site ever:whistle:. :winky: D: :winky:

An-D on
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    An-D wrote: »
    an-d is a polesmoker <-- greatest prank-site ever:whistle:. :winky: D: :winky:

Thanks for making me lose control of my browser, even through keyboard shortcuts. I had a few windows open with work in them.

Fucking prick.

Satan. on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Damn it, An-D. Faricazy over in SE++ got temp banned for posting that same damn thing, and I hope you do too. Jesus Christ.

Grey Ghost on
  • jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    http://internetisboringandyoushouldkillyourselfasaresult.com <-- greatest prank-site ever:whistle:. :winky: D: :winky:

Oh god, you son of a bitch. I don't think I've laughed so hard while trying to perfectly time the Space + CtrlF4.

jotate on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    In his defence, it stops hopping around after 30 seconds or so . . . then you just need to close like a hundred dialog boxes with the lyrics (maybe you want to sing along?), but then you're good to go.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    jotate wrote: »
    http://internetisboringandyoushouldkillyourselfasaresult.com <-- greatest prank-site ever:whistle:. :winky: D: :winky:

Oh god, you son of a bitch. I don't think I've laughed so hard while trying to perfectly time the Space + CtrlF4.

www.yzzerdd.com Fun times.

Although I'm sure most of you know it.

Edit: this will open a lot of dialog boxes too.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That VG Cats thing is great.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My girlfriend got me into thinking that she fucked my best friend during the weekend. She used my whole family in this prank, from my 11 year old sister to my dad.

Ethan Smith on
  • CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My girlfriend got me into thinking that she fucked my best friend during the weekend. She used my whole family in this prank, from my 11 year old sister to my dad.
    Whoah. That is... impressive. I wish I had a girlfriend like that.

CycloneRanger on
    edited April 2008

You're 11 year old sister told you that your girlfriend fucked your best friend? That's messed up dude...

Unearthly Stew on
  • CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

You're 11 year old sister told you that your girlfriend fucked your best friend? That's messed up dude...
    I'm guessing (hoping?) that the eleven-year-old was simply repeating something suspicious, and didn't really know what was going on. If I'm wrong, then I guess the prank becomes less epic and more disturbing.

CycloneRanger on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I'm guessing (hoping?) that the eleven-year-old was simply repeating something suspicious, and didn't really know what was going on. If I'm wrong, then I guess the prank becomes less epic and more disturbing.
    Alternatively he has a worldly 11 year old sister who is using her powers for awesome.

electricitylikesme on
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

The thing is that my 14 year old sister has had a crush on my friend for quite some time. So, during Lunch, she came up to me and yelled that my girlfriend was such a slut and ran away crying. Nell, the 11 year old, then tried to talk to her, and said "God, Remi, you have such terrible taste in women!"

Then my dad said that his friend (my friend's dad) had met my girlfriend on Saturday, a day when I was in New York.

Ethan Smith on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    "Hey guys, did you know that gullible isn't in the dictionary?!"

:rotate:

Correct response:
    *flipping through*"G...U...L...Holy shit it's not."
    I once got my friend to grab it and go "Seriously!?" before he saw me grinning.

The Muffin Man on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    I am considering an "I'm pregnant" prank on my boyfriend tonight.

I don't think I could do that to him though. It would be funny though cause it's the right time of the month and he knows it too.

Medopine on
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Medopine wrote: »

I don't think I could do that to him though. It would be funny though cause it's the right time of the month and he knows it too.

Well I mean if you want to be flung down a flight of stairs and punched in the stomach...

Satan. on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

If you want him to potentially have a bit of bitterness towards you and possibly resent you, sure.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Honestly I've done this to a friend using his girlfirends phone.

So worth it.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I wrote my mom a very "OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?" email about getting my girlfriend pregnant a couple years ago. I was at school, so email was the best I could hope for. She wrote back a total "You'll be okay, it's not the end of the world, we'll make it through together." I said lolAprilFools.

A couple weeks later my dad came to visit. The first thing he did when he was out of the car, before even saying hello, was punched me really hard in the arm. Then he smiled and said "That's from mom for your little April Fools email."

Worth it. :wink:

jotate on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    www.Starcraft2.com

I like the how they described Tauren Marines .. "[Tauren are] an anthropomorphic bovine genotype with super-human stamina, overpowered racial combat abilities, and bizarrely well-developed horticultural skills."

4rch3nemy on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just looked at the bard hero class thing, and it's pretty good. I like the Facemelter axe, especially if it refers to Kramer's facemelter.

Savant on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Today is also my father's birthday.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    www.Starcraft2.com

I like the how they described Tauren Marines .. "[Tauren are] an anthropomorphic bovine genotype with super-human stamina, overpowered racial combat abilities, and bizarrely well-developed horticultural skills."

What is totally awesome about that is that they obviously have the models in the game and implemented, so the tauren marines probably actually are going to be available in the map-maker!

Also, my April Fools joke; I know a guy from school who is a pretty heavily fundamentalist Christian. We've had pretty extensive arguments before, and we've actually come to good agreements (he's actually very smart, aside from being a young earther...at least he's no longer convinced that the sun revolves around the earth). Anyway, I came up to him this morning, and started pouring my heart out, telling him that I was reading through the bible last night and had an epiphany and I want to come back to the lord. He was really starting to believe me for a little bit.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Pants ManPants Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Savant wrote: »
    I just looked at the bard hero class thing, and it's pretty good. I like the Facemelter axe, especially if it refers to Kramer's facemelter.

i might actually play WoW if they really did have things like that

Pants Man on
    "okay byron, my grandma has a right to be happy, so i give you my blessing. just... don't get her pregnant. i don't need another mom."
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pants Man wrote: »
    Savant wrote: »

i might actually play WoW if they really did have things like that

This is exactly what I told my friend when he showed me that.

Grey Ghost on
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

What you should have done is refused to believe her when she told you it was a joke, broken up with her, and kicked her out of your life entirely. Wait a week, and turn up at her house with flowers and a big sign saying "April Fools!". Bonus points if you fake your own suicide.

Crimson King on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

What you should have done is refused to believe her when she told you it was a joke, broken up with her, and kicked her out of your life entirely. Wait a week, and turn up at her house with flowers and a big sign saying "April Fools!". Bonus points if you fake your own suicide.

Triple points if you actually do commit suicide.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited April 2008
    Quadruple points if you come back as a zombie or even a ghost and haunt her forever.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited April 2008
    Even Iraq is getting into the fun:
    BAGHDAD — Doah Mohammed played a trick on her mother-in law on Tuesday.

She called her and told her that her son, Ms. Mohammed’s husband, had been arrested by American and Iraqi soldiers.

When she got the news, Ms. Mohammed’s mother-in-law gasped and said she was about to faint. So Ms. Mohammed quickly told her that it was only a prank, and the two women laughed — it was, after all, April Fools’ Day.

Before 2003, the traditional day of tricks and practical jokes — known here as Kithbet Neesan, or April Lie, and imported from the West decades ago — was observed much as it is in the United States. The teasing was biting, but ultimately tame. A man might try to convince a friend that he had gotten a visa to go to America, for example, or a mother might tell her son that his father had bought him a new car.

Even Saddam Hussein’s son Uday had joined in. On April 1, 1998, his newspaper published a front-page story saying that President Clinton had called for the United Nations sanctions against Iraq to be lifted. (On Page 2, readers learned that it was not true.)

In recent years, though, as suicide bombings, mortar and artillery fire, kidnappings and killings have become daily fare, Iraqis’ April Fools’ jokes more often reflect what they see around them.

Rawaa, 25, a manager’s assistant, said that in 2004, when she was in college, a student persuaded the class on April Fools’ Day that the poetry professor — a man they all disliked — had been assassinated.

“We felt sorry about him, but very happy at the same time, because there will be no more poetry lectures that day,” Rawaa said. She would allow only her first name to be used, afraid of falling victim to the real violence in the capital, anything but a joke.

Nadia Abdul Razak, 35, out shopping on Al Ather Street in the Karrada district, said that the macabre humor offered a chance for people who spent their days bouncing from terror to grief to laugh for a change.

“People are bored of this life,” she said, “so we are using it to survive, to continue living, to have a place to smile.”

But she said it was sometimes difficult to tell what was serious and what was not. That morning, she said, she had gone to the bank and been told that the husband of a friend had been wounded, with three bullets in his leg.

“We said, ‘Maybe it is Kithbet Neesan,’ ” Ms. Razak recalled.

But a call to the man’s wife found the woman weeping, she said, and more calls to the hospital confirmed that the husband had, in fact, been shot.

“Because of the current situation, we can’t distinguish between the reality and the jokes,” Ms. Razak said. “We don’t know which is the truth.”

Some pranks veer more toward sharp political satire. Ahmed Ali, the owner of one of the many shoe stores that line Al Ather, said he had tried his best to fool a friend, but had failed.

“I told him that the American forces are withdrawing from Iraq,” Mr. Ali said, “and that George Bush is going to apologize to the Iraqi people for causing destruction and he will pay one million Iraqi dinars to every Iraqi for compensation within two days.

“My friend didn’t believe me,” he said, adding that he liked Americans, if not their policies.

But in a country of utter unpredictability, humor can also turn far more ghoulish than was intended. Hadi Abdul Lateef, 26, a clerk in a cosmetics store, said that though he liked to play tricks on people for April Fools’ Day, he no longer dared to do so.

Two years ago, he said, a friend called the family of another friend, a man named Ali, and told them Ali had been kidnapped and would be killed unless the family paid a ransom.

The kidnapping was a hoax. But the next day, Mr. Lateef said, Ali was on his way to work when a bomb exploded, killing him.

“It was a very black joke,” Mr. Lateef said.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
    edited April 2008
    That was . . .

Actually I have no idea what to think about that article.

King Riptor on
    edited April 2008
    I think we should translate the darkest sketch into Farsi. It'd be a hit!

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThesmileyemoThesmileyemo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I convinced a bunch of people at school that I'm moving away in like two weeks. If you ever want to feel loved have people think that you're leaving forever. Going away parties were planned, people were coming up to me wishing me luck in my new life, and all sorts of stuff.

Of course the best part was today when people found out it was a joke. Some reactions were priceless. I wish I would have taken pictures.

Thesmileyemo on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I convinced a bunch of people at school that I'm moving away in like two weeks. If you ever want to feel loved have people think that you're leaving forever. Going away parties were planned, people were coming up to me wishing me luck in my new life, and all sorts of stuff.

Of course the best part was today when people found out it was a joke. Some reactions were priceless. I wish I would have taken pictures.

It would have been funnier if no one did anything for you going away. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited April 2008

This one is epic if you got at least one offer for goodbye sex and took it.

King Riptor on
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A guy I know used to hang out with the thickest most gullible guy imaginable. One day my friend, with the help of his father, convinced this kid that their whole family was under a witness protection program, and that the mob had found them and they needed to move that very same day in the middle of the night. After a tearful goodbye... he came back to school the next day and pretended not to know why his buddy was freaking out.

One of our local tv channels here pulled a mean one on the whole country this year, due to immense idiocy the only local power company here has plunged the country into an energy shortage, which means entire cities can be without power for up to four hours a day in an effort to stop the few remaining transformers from melting. They call it load shedding. Early that morning, the morning news reports said that due to an unforeseen and drastic decline in consumption, load shedding for the whole country has been put on hold indefinitely.

Guess what happened the same day... bastards.

Falx on
    edited April 2008

I did this once over a Christmas break in HS. It was glorious, although a few people tried to hurt me when school was back in session.

Unearthly Stew on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It wasn't for April fools or anything, but it was a pretty good one nonetheless.

My dad trives bus for the city transit system here and has for years. When we were in highschool and my buddies and I all got our licenses for the first time, I, with the help of the rest of our friends and my dad, managed to convince my buddy, Tyler, that city bus drivers (bussies instead of cabbies) played a game called Turtle Pushing.

Turtle Pushing is when a bussie comes up behind a small car in traffic, like your Geo Metros and your Sprints and such, and gives them a bit of a bump or push with the bus. You know, just to get them going... and see how far they can push the Turtle without A) getting in trouble and B) hurting anyone.

Tyler drove a little blue P.O.S. Sprint around during highschool and was a pretty nervous driver for the most part anyway. I remember the first time I told him about Turtle Pushing... it was awesome. We were driving down the road and I noticed a city bus coming up behind us in the mirror. I started yelling 'Oh shit! Go! Oh shit!' and Ty started to freak out, asking me what was going on. I told him there was a bus behind us and we had to get going! So he freaks out and starts trying to speed away. Eventually we get a safe distance from the bus and I turn to him and ask, 'Haven't you ever heard of Turtle Pushing?!' Well, he hadn't, and after I explained it to him, the look of shock on his face was priceless. He didn't believe me, but I told him about how my Dad was in the running for the playoffs this year and was pretty excited about it.

The best part of this whole thing was it went on for at least a couple years before he finally caught on that Turtle Pushing was a joke. But our friends, who weren't there when I made it up, picked the joke up and just went along as though everyone knew what Turtle Pushing was and it was completely normal. Ty even asked my Dad about it, but I had already let him in on the secret, so he helped to purpetuate my joke even further.

LaOs on
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Honestly I've done this to a friend using his girlfirends phone.

So worth it.

April first is the worst day to have some life altering event happen.

D: "It's my mom... she, she was driving, and..."

:lol: "Nice try, dude."

:cry:

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg