As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting new PM popup for old PMs

TubeTube Registered User admin
I don't know if anyone else is getting this, but a few times I've gotten a pop up for a PM I've already read, several hours ago.

Tube on

• Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited March 2008
    I suspect it could be another facet of the same problem which is causing logouts on visiting the advanced search page.

I don't suspect either has anything to do with the fact that our fulltext database is not getting updated since the crash the other night, but I need to fix that other problem anyways, so that will be task #1, and then we will re-evaluate these other bugs at that point.

I'm going to make an announcement now about planned downtime tonight to rebuild the fulltext indexes.

Ramius on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited March 2008
    CT, are you getting that popup on regular thread pages, or only on certain pages like the search page?

If it is just on the search page, it is probably related to the getting logged out issue, as reported here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=4938464#post4938464

Ramius on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2008
    humm

definitely getting it on the search page, I think I got it on some others too

Tube on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I really didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll just say here that apoth, your PM box is full.

Goose! on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmm, I'm having the same problem, only that it is on the index.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg