As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comic Movie Thread The Incredible Iron Knight is watching the Watchmen.

1565758596062»

Posts

  • Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Furu wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Sinestro Corps War" movie

    make it happen

    Hey, I wouldn't mind a whole Johns' Green Lantern trilogy.

    Bob The Monkey on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hell, I don't even read GL (due to cash, not preference) and I'd love to see that!

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm not sure I'd enjoy a Sinestro Corps movie, just because of how much stuff they'd need to cut to make it work. Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, and the Antimonitor would all be cut, since they're too difficult to explain without drastically re-imagining. The Antimonitor might work as a generic antimatter "God." The battle on Earth would probably involve cutting out all the Earth-based heroes. Then you'd have to actually set up who the Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps are. Plus, they couldn't hint at any of the emotional spectrum stuff in a meaningful way, since each of the movies are supposed to be a whole, complete story. Isn't that the rationale that was given for not doing a Death of Superman trilogy/two-parter? So once you cut out Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, the Antimonitor, and the emotional spectrum, you're pretty much left with a bunch of shit getting blown up for forty five minutes, assuming they take fifteen to set up the story.

    I'd rather see some all-new stuff, which is why I'm looking forward to the Batmanime anthology.

    Munch on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Munch you are a downer.

    Get out of here and go back to your job of closing orphanages and then drowning puppies in front of the orphans.

    Bloods End on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'd enjoy a Sinestro Corps movie, just because of how much stuff they'd need to cut to make it work. Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, and the Antimonitor would all be cut, since they're too difficult to explain without drastically re-imagining. The Antimonitor might work as a generic antimatter "God." The battle on Earth would probably involve cutting out all the Earth-based heroes. Then you'd have to actually set up who the Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps are. Plus, they couldn't hint at any of the emotional spectrum stuff in a meaningful way, since each of the movies are supposed to be a whole, complete story. Isn't that the rationale that was given for not doing a Death of Superman trilogy/two-parter? So once you cut out Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, the Antimonitor, and the emotional spectrum, you're pretty much left with a bunch of shit getting blown up for forty five minutes, assuming they take fifteen to set up the story.

    I'd rather see some all-new stuff, which is why I'm looking forward to the Batmanime anthology.
    They wouldn't have to cut out the Earth-based heroes. New Frontier had Adam Strange, the Challengers and Green Arrow without explaining who they were.

    It's safe to assume anyone who picks up a Green Lantern movie would know who the Justice League was.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Munch wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'd enjoy a Sinestro Corps movie, just because of how much stuff they'd need to cut to make it work. Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, and the Antimonitor would all be cut, since they're too difficult to explain without drastically re-imagining. The Antimonitor might work as a generic antimatter "God." The battle on Earth would probably involve cutting out all the Earth-based heroes. Then you'd have to actually set up who the Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps are. Plus, they couldn't hint at any of the emotional spectrum stuff in a meaningful way, since each of the movies are supposed to be a whole, complete story. Isn't that the rationale that was given for not doing a Death of Superman trilogy/two-parter? So once you cut out Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, the Antimonitor, and the emotional spectrum, you're pretty much left with a bunch of shit getting blown up for forty five minutes, assuming they take fifteen to set up the story.

    I'd rather see some all-new stuff, which is why I'm looking forward to the Batmanime anthology.
    They wouldn't have to cut out the Earth-based heroes. New Frontier had Adam Strange, the Challengers and Green Arrow without explaining who they were.

    It's safe to assume anyone who picks up a Green Lantern movie would know who the Justice League was.


    Are we talking direct-to-video for geeks only movie? For a major movie, well, for starters, getting the rights to anyone would cost tons, and when it comes to mainstream viewers you can't expect them to know anyone outside of the Trinity.

    Scooter on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Well they were talking about more movies in the vein of New Frontier so I'm assuming Direct to DVD.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    There's an interview with Terence Howard about his role in Iron Man, and he goes on about being War Machine (I assume 'eventually' given the context of his comments), but this one line is great in showing why press junkets make the interviewer and subject dumber. Keep in mind he was asked by Comic Book Resources.
    What attracted you to this role?

    War Machine; the whole idea of being able to play a superhero, so to speak. Being able to go up in jets. The Department of Defense took me up in a P-38 and an F-16. They might let me go up in a B1. All those ideas, man, that was it for me.

    In “Iron Man,” do we see the birth of the War Machine?

    You read the comic book? If you read the comic book, then you kind of know what happens. But you still have to wait, because y’all aren’t taking away my next two movies. I like y’all, but, man.

    But the rest is cool. I like the idea of a War Machine in a sequel. Hell, I like the idea of two sequels and I haven't even seen the movie yet.

    Heh. It pays to be famous.
    What’s the coolest thing you’ve gotten to do?

    One day, the 14 Freeway was blocked because there was all this wind coming down. And I had to be on set, and the set was about 20 miles away. And I knew we had the Department of Defense working with us, and there’s an Air Force base nearby. So I’m like, I’m not going to make it to work for the next two hours. So I called them and I was like, “Call the Air Force and tell them to send a helicopter for me.” I go to arrive on set with this huge-- We landed on top of a sand dune. That was the coolest thing.

    Crimsondude on
  • DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    More shiny iron pictures for us to fap to.
    *edit: link is pooched. Will post pics when the high res shot get online*

    Iron Man is watching you poop.
    iron-man-new1.jpg

    DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Bitstream wrote: »
    God I hope that scene at the end drops into super-slow-motion so a dove can fly between them. It's the only justification for yet another two-dudes-leaping-at-each-other shot.

    If it hasn't already been mentioned, the director said that scene is going to be 26 minutes of Hulk/Abomination ass-kicking.

    Me Too! on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    august wrote: »
    Oh man the trophy in Hollis's apartment and the Beware of Dog sign.

    august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Take a tour of the magical world of Watchmen!
    Awesome.

    Torso Boy on
    Rent wrote: »
    So that's what having no idea what you are talking about looks like
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The feel of Watchmen is shaping up to be really close to the book, in my opinion.

    Mr Pink on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Shit, that looks awesome.

    KalTorak on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2008
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I know pretty much nothing about The Spirit. But I want to know what the deal with the cats is.

    Mr Pink on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've only read, like, three issues of The Spirit, but god damn that looks horrible.

    One Thousand Cables on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's Frank Miller's The Spirit, which means it is probably going to be what The Spirit would be like if the Spirit existed in Sin City.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    fuck it, the spirit looks fun. i really dig the original, and even a lot of the non-action eisner stuff also. this is clearly going to be nothing like it which i'm cool with. this seems like it'll have a kind of rad vibe goin' on its own.

    ManonvonSuperock on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It'll be fine.

    Crimsondude on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    from the pics, it looks like it'll have a 'the mask' (not with cher) or 'dick tracy' kind of look to it.

    ManonvonSuperock on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Those pictures would look cool if they were for any movie other than the Spirit

    But since they are not they are horrible

    Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ah, yes. I'd heard about those pics- apparently, they were leaked, and Lions Gate was none too happy.

    Tach on
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sin City 2 is set to come out around a year after The Spirit. Frank Miller fans, prepare to be polarized.

    I think Miller has drawn too much attention, and his work just won't stand up under the scrutiny he's going to attract. I've already gone from love (Sin City and its adaptaion, first reading of DKR), to lukewarm enjoyment (Daredevil, Wolverine), to loathing (DKSA, 300 and its adaptation, the one he does with Jim Lee, subsequent readings of DKR). Overexposure is probably a factor too.

    Torso Boy on
    Rent wrote: »
    So that's what having no idea what you are talking about looks like
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Da-4EZPY5pA&fmt=18

    New Dark Knight viral video thing

    Bloods End on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Torso Boy wrote: »
    Sin City 2 is set to come out around a year after The Spirit. Frank Miller fans, prepare to be polarized.

    I think Miller has drawn too much attention, and his work just won't stand up under the scrutiny he's going to attract. I've already gone from love (Sin City and its adaptaion, first reading of DKR), to lukewarm enjoyment (Daredevil, Wolverine), to loathing (DKSA, 300 and its adaptation, the one he does with Jim Lee, subsequent readings of DKR). Overexposure is probably a factor too.

    I liked 300 (both the comic and the movie) but yeah, I agree basically

    I look forward to Sin City 2 though

    Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Da-4EZPY5pA&fmt=18

    New Dark Knight viral video thing

    that was pretty bad

    Garlic Bread on
  • AlephAleph Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Da-4EZPY5pA&fmt=18

    New Dark Knight viral video thing

    I saw that earlier. While it looks pretty weird (what not with the obvious green screen and Maggie's half-assed delivery), it's still pretty cool that they got an actual cast member to participate in the viral marketing.

    Speaking of which, I'm amused by the amount of people who thought that's real footage from the movie instead of something created exclusively for the viral marketing.

    Aleph on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Torso Boy wrote: »
    Sin City 2 is set to come out around a year after The Spirit. Frank Miller fans, prepare to be polarized.

    I think Miller has drawn too much attention, and his work just won't stand up under the scrutiny he's going to attract. I've already gone from love (Sin City and its adaptaion, first reading of DKR), to lukewarm enjoyment (Daredevil, Wolverine), to loathing (DKSA, 300 and its adaptation, the one he does with Jim Lee, subsequent readings of DKR). Overexposure is probably a factor too.

    I'm waiting for Frank Miller's All Star Batman & Robin: The Animated Series!

    JoeUser on
  • DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So, for reals this time, more shiny toys for us:

    CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FORUM POSTING WITH ALL THE IMAGES
    Scroll down to get to the hi-res picks (click)

    BURN BABY, BURN! Click for FIRE!!!!!!
    820790116.jpg

    772877579.jpg

    DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    's a lotta fire

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • humblehumble Registered User
    edited April 2008
    man those spirit pictures look bad


    what the hell is with the black suit

    humble on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    humble wrote: »
    man those spirit pictures look bad


    what the hell is with the black suit

    Maybe because it's primarily green screen and blue doesn't show up to well so they are going to change the color post production?

    Bloods End on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    no i'm pretty sure it' gonna be black and red

    Sars_Boy on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    ding one hundred

    edit- actually that's a pretty good first post. i guess i won't lock this right now

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
This discussion has been closed.