As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I am cured! Well done, [chat]

1414243444547»

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    God I hate Christmas

edit: it wasn't considered pedophilia back then fireguy.

It's technically ephebophilia anyway.
    I have no idea what that means, but I'm going to agree with you.

Ephebes were pubescent kids in ancient Greece (or maybe Rome too). Shacking up with an older dude for semi-fucking purposes was considered a critical part of apprenticeship and all of that.

I don't think that sexual attraction to children is categorically equivalent to sexual attraction to pubescent teenagers, especially in a culture that glorifies youth.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This [chat] still going?

I read Peir Antonys bio and well, I think he's a bit of a perv.

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Sheri wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    I do not have enough monies to buy a new DS or even a used one. I saved up for two months to get that DS. And I want it back.

Is it under my nightstand? under my bed?

what does MK stand for Sheri I am too tired to figure it out

A game in which you kart with a dude named Mario.
    oh god damn it i want to play that too.

fuck sheri

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK
    (also AC)

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Did I read that right in the Monkey Den suggestion thread guys were arguing that people shouldn't make game threads in G7T? I mean what the fuck do they just want to spend all their time slagging off the console they don't own and not let games enter into it?
    Wouldn't that run counter to G&T's policy of "No Mega Threads"?
    Shit man I don't know what their philosophy is over there. Alls I know is that when I'm curious about whether a game is any good or not, or if I want balanced perspective on whether a console will be a good purchase for me, G&T is fucking useless.
    G&T is pretty much fucking useless across the board. It's basically a forum filled with fanboy partisanship and fanboy circle jerks. I wouldn't miss it if it were nuked from orbit, to be honest.
    The CS:S thread is helpful to start games.

Most of the threads are dead on arrival though.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Incenjucar wrote:
    It's not all trash.

It's just that the guy likes to wave the "Barely Started Puberty, but getting fucked like a mare in heat" flag.

It's like if you were reading Harry Potter, but in every book there was a chapter where Hermoine gets bukkaked by Dumbledore.

But see then, I wouldn't read it.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I'd read it

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Did I read that right in the Monkey Den suggestion thread guys were arguing that people shouldn't make game threads in G7T? I mean what the fuck do they just want to spend all their time slagging off the console they don't own and not let games enter into it?
    Shit man I don't know what their philosophy is over there. Alls I know is that when I'm curious about whether a game is any good or not, or if I want balanced perspective on whether a console will be a good purchase for me, G&T is fucking useless.
    G&T is pretty much fucking useless across the board. It's basically a forum filled with fanboy partisanship and fanboy circle jerks. I wouldn't miss it if it were nuked from orbit, to be honest.

In all fairness, they do collectively have pretty damn good taste in games. I read G&T mostly for game recommendations. Review sites are fucking useless these days anyway.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    thor got wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    The CS:S thread is helpful to start games.

Most of the threads are dead on arrival though.
    Like this thread.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    g_takei.jpg

George Takei claims the next Chat thread in the name of the Uncleland.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    alll niiight loooooong

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    NoomNoom Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    kusu, I am straight starving but am to lazy to walk to my kitchen.
    Do I want to grill some steaks?
    They are frozen so I might just make some kraft dinner

Noom on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    This [chat] still going?

I read Peir Antonys bio and well, I think he's a bit of a perv.

Have you read any Xanth?
    One of the series is a book called "The Color of Her Panties."

Feral on

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    I do not have enough monies to buy a new DS or even a used one. I saved up for two months to get that DS. And I want it back.

Is it under my nightstand? under my bed?

what does MK stand for Sheri I am too tired to figure it out

A game in which you kart with a dude named Mario.
    oh god damn it i want to play that too.

fuck sheri

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK
    (also AC)

Haha, sucker.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Damn it I was one off completely by accident. I thought we were still on page 50 or something.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Noom wrote:
    dude you are knowledgeable about food. do I make

1. Breakfast sandwich
    2. super-meaty hashbrowns
    3. grilled cheese w/ normal hashbrowns
    4. french toast
    5. tamales

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Mahnmut wrote:
    And by semi-fucking, IIRC, he means that penetrative intercourse was strongly frowned upon. Sternly frowned upon? Yeah.
    I think this is kind of controversial, mostly because all these esteemed greek thinkers were, in retrospect, pretty much fucking little boys. Even Dante created a special happy land to allow Socrates to hang out instead of being damned. Let's just say that the tradition has continued and a lot of classicists who like to jerk off to Plato don't much cotton to the idea of their heroes being gay pedohpiles, so they really like to, when it comes up, oversell the femural intercourse or whatever their euphemism is.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Noom wrote:

1. Breakfast sandwich
    4. french toast
    5. tamales
    I vote 3, 'cause that's what I'd have if my mouth worked right now.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    okay senj you are wise i will go and start making that right now sir

i wish we had some gravy so i could gravy up my hashbrowns

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    NoomNoom Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Noom wrote:

1. Breakfast sandwich
    4. french toast
    5. tamales
    If you've got ketchup, the grilled cheese with hash browns would be pretty dice. Catsup is a suitable ketchup replacement
    French toast is pretty rad, but it doesn't fill you for very long and you end up getting things all sticky.

Noom on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sheri wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:
    It's not all trash.

It's just that the guy likes to wave the "Barely Started Puberty, but getting fucked like a mare in heat" flag.

It's like if you were reading Harry Potter, but in every book there was a chapter where Hermoine gets bukkaked by Dumbledore.

But see then, I wouldn't read it.

It's still better than the Great Gatsby.

I'm just irritated at the guy's cheap style when it comes to that particular character set. The rest of the scenes, while somewhat cheesy, are written fairly well. But the subplot with the dragon folks has been so laaaaaaaame so far.

More to the point, I need to figure out what style characterizes his work, so I can figure out how it's getting in to people's heads.

For instance, the combat in the Dark Elf Trilogy reads like choreography. Every physical movement is specifically mentioned, as if you were playing Simon Says. There's a subtler trait of this nature in the Justicar books, which also had a fair following.

This then suggests that perhaps the very specific combat scenes are a big draw, and are something I should consider in my own work, rather than glossing over them.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Mahnmut wrote:
    And by semi-fucking, IIRC, he means that penetrative intercourse was strongly frowned upon. Sternly frowned upon? Yeah.
    I think this is kind of controversial, mostly because all these esteemed greek thinkers were, in retrospect, pretty much fucking little boys. Even Dante created a special happy land to allow Socrates to hang out instead of being damned. Let's just say that the tradition has continued and a lot of classicists who like to jerk off to Plato don't much cotton to the idea of their heroes being gay pedohpiles, so they really like to, when it comes up, oversell the femural intercourse or whatever their euphemism is.

I'm sure you're right. I haven't studied this. It came up for like 30 minutes in one of my electives this year. The teacher said, checking my notes, that the eromenos (passive) was 13-16, the erastes was 25-30, and that it was a one-year liason followed by a father-son relationship. He said that you weren't supposed to be hubristic with respect to boundaries and that if you were it reflected poorly mainly on the eromenos? And that the whole thing was focused on like, bonding, so you can have a good sponsor for public life.

Oh, and we have Alcibiades in the Symposium as an example of a bad eromenos.

This is, I think, mostly separate from the passages in Plato where Socrates joygasms over the youths? I got the impression that the sexual stuff was sorta separate from this mentor system, but probably present.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
This discussion has been closed.