As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Awesome Christmas Gifts

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited January 2007 in Social Entropy++
It is almost Christmas time, dudes.

What awesome gifts are about to give/have you given to other people?

Brolo on

• SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    I got my parents a sweet Denon Receiver with an upscaling DVD player... that was pretty awesome... I got my inlaws a pretty sweet visa gift certificate so they could pick out a nice HDTV of their own choosing... I got my brother a pretty sweet charcoal grill so he could cook me steaks...

All of the other gifts were semi-sweet (at least according to me)... they range from Legos for a nephew to a purse for my sister... very meh but cool to the person who is getting them.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • SamuelSamuel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm getting a DS from my mum. And I got Guitar Hero for my brother.

Also I blended custom teas for everyone based on my knowledge of what things they like the taste of.

Also also, I'm giving an absolutely ridiculous amount of booze as a present to everyone that's coming to mine on christmas.

Samuel on
  • sundayssundays Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    tomato soup

sundays on
    siggerdigger.gif
  • gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Chanel No 5 for maw, Rory Gallagher Live Dvds for Paw and a puzzle that you lock a bottle of champagne in. Work out the puzzle and get the champagne. its pretty cool.

gazamc on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm a retard! Duhhh

Moriveth on
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm giving my mom an DS. A fat one.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I go home yesterday to find a package for me. Its authentic New York Cheesecake, fedexed in a freezer package! Me and the person who sent it always talk about getting cheesecake every time I visit New York, but never do. So her sending that just made my week. Plus, I've already eaten half the cheesecake.

I'm getting my mom money because she wants some minor cosmetic surgery for christmas. Why not help her pay for it? Woo?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Getting a DS from the gf.

Bought a DS for the gf.

DS = love.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited December 2006
    my gf wants a DS but the bitch got a nano from me for her birthday so i'm broke

sundays on
    siggerdigger.gif
    edited December 2006
    Going to get an expensive winter coat for my girlfriend.

Also, Hello Sundays!

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
    edited December 2006
    hey Peter

everytime i even suggest something clothes-wise, she looks at me like i suggested she wear a furry costume and give me a lapdance so i can't do clothes

my taste is bad.

sundays on
    siggerdigger.gif
  • MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The best gift I'm giving is a horrifyingly fuzzy stuffed bear and goofy stuffed monkey for my niece.

She is two years old and appreciates fuzzy and soft things.

The rest is an assortment of gift cards and fine smokables, because I am a terrible gift giver.

Mathilda on
    edited December 2006
    Oh also I got my girlfriend a couple of CDs she mentioned she desperately wanted a few months ago, but couldn't find because they haven't been in production for a few years. They were a bitch to get hold of.

Ought to be a nice surprise.

Samuel on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DAMMIT SAMUEL WE SHOULD HANG OUT

I AM IN ENGLAND

Moriveth on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    sundays wrote:
    hey Peter

everytime i even suggest something clothes-wise, she looks at me like i suggested she wear a furry costume and give me a lapdance so i can't do clothes

my taste is bad.

Bite the bullet and give her a gift certificate to the mall or her favorite store and a note saying you want to go shopping with her. It will be a huge pain in the ass for a few hours, but she'll get what she wants and you'll get some sex out of it for spending time quality time with her doing something she likes.

Hunter on
    edited December 2006
    Moriveth wrote:

I AM IN ENGLAND
    Janson lives in Sheffield right? That's only like the next city over, really.

What are your plans while you're here? I'm pretty swamped with family activities and work, but we'll see if we can't sort something out.

Samuel on
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Samuel wrote:
    Oh also I got my girlfriend a couple of CDs she mentioned she desperately wanted a few months ago, but couldn't find because they haven't been in production for a few years. They were a bitch to get hold of.

Ought to be a nice surprise.

I had a friend of mine mention wanting some out-of-print CD that was a band's first on an independent label. Basically, nobody had one. I ended up ordering a copy from Switzerland. I have no idea how they ended up with rare CDs but damned if I wasn't pleased with that gift.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
    edited December 2006
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    hey Peter

my taste is bad.

Bite the bullet and give her a gift certificate to the mall or her favorite store and a note saying you want to go shopping with her. It will be a huge pain in the ass for a few hours, but she'll get what she wants and you'll get some sex out of it for spending time quality time with her doing something she likes.

She obviously likes giving lap dances. Give her advice on how to pursue this professionally. It'll give her the direction in life she's always talking about.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I wouldn't call any of my gifts awesome but I have managed to buy people what they asked for, even though the CDs one of my brothers wanted was a little hard to get hold of.

I'm not incredibly inventive.

Janson on
    edited December 2006
    Samuel wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:

I AM IN ENGLAND

What are your plans while you're here? I'm pretty swamped with family activities and work, but we'll see if we can't sort something out.

Yes, she's in Sheffield.

This week we're basically chilling out at her place, but we're leaving tomorrow to go to London, and after that, Worthing, to visit her parents. We're coming back on the 29th, but also are leaving for EddieDean's New Year's party on New Years' Eve.

I leave the 6th of January, but we really don't have much planned for that last week. We could do something then, if you're not busy.

Moriveth on
    edited December 2006
    Samuel wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:

I AM IN ENGLAND

Yes we are in Sheffield

Travelling to London tomorrow and staying with my brother

Then spending all of next week in Sussex

Have a New Year's Eve party in Dorridge near Birmingham with EddieDean

Then the first week of January is about exploring Derbyshire and Castleton

Janson on
    edited December 2006
    Oh goddammit I just noticed this thread was about awesome gifts for other people. Not awesome gifts you've gotten. I'm a retard.

Anyway, I got my Secret Satan pirate-themed stuff:

santagifts.jpg

My secret Fanta got Dawn of War Gold and Dark Crusade.

I'm not too inventive with my Fanta's presents, either. :(

Moriveth on
    edited December 2006
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    hey Peter

my taste is bad.

She obviously likes giving lap dances. Give her advice on how to pursue this professionally. It'll give her the direction in life she's always talking about.

we are decent folk, Peter!

why, the sheer audacity of your suggestion

sundays on
    siggerdigger.gif
  • uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Janson wrote:
    Samuel wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:

I AM IN ENGLAND

Yes we are in Sheffield

Man, English city names are awesome! All of those place sound like they are from a fucking fairy tale.

My stupid hometown's name is boring, Kent......wait you have one of those over there too don't you?

uc4life on
    edited December 2006
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    hey Peter

my taste is bad.

Did a national court in your country not recently elevate stripping into the realms of decency? Is it there a stripper not considered as much an artist as any painter, flutist or opera singer?

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
    edited December 2006
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    hey Peter

my taste is bad.

Did a national court in your country not recently elevate stripping into the realms of decency? Is it there a stripper not considered as much an artist as any painter, flutist or opera singer?

rubbing your buttocks against my crotch is not the same as performing a symphony or painting Saturn Devouring One of His Sons

sundays on
    siggerdigger.gif
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    uc4life wrote:
    Janson wrote:
    Samuel wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:

I AM IN ENGLAND

Yes we are in Sheffield

Man, English city names are awesome! All of those place sound like they are from a fucking fairy tale.

My stupid hometown's name is boring, Kent......wait you have one of those over there too don't you?

Kent is a whole county.

We have other places like Gayford, Cockfosters, Pratt's Bottom, Pity Me.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
    edited December 2006
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    hey Peter

my taste is bad.

rubbing your buttocks against my crotch is not the same as performing a symphony or painting Saturn Devouring One of His Sons

Then I believe this is your only course of action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-5grqhj1b8

[spoiler:112de35f50]My dick in a box[/spoiler:112de35f50]

Hunter on
    edited December 2006
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    hey Peter

my taste is bad.

[spoiler:aed3c11019]My dick in a box[/spoiler:aed3c11019]

That is one of my new favorite vids

uc4life on
    edited December 2006
    uc4life wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    hey Peter

my taste is bad.

[spoiler:ffae93d4c1]My dick in a box[/spoiler:ffae93d4c1]

I never really liked Justin Timberlake, but I will no longer discount anything he does. That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Hunter on
    edited December 2006
    Moriveth wrote:
    Samuel wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:

I AM IN ENGLAND

Yes, she's in Sheffield.

This week we're basically chilling out at her place, but we're leaving tomorrow to go to London, and after that, Worthing, to visit her parents. We're coming back on the 29th, but also are leaving for EddieDean's New Year's party on New Years' Eve.

I leave the 6th of January, but we really don't have much planned for that last week. We could do something then, if you're not busy.
    Alright, I know I'll be going to visit my filthy Liverpudlian half of the family in early January, but it should only be for a couple of days. I'll get back to you when I know exactly when I'll be free, and I've checked travel costs.

Or if you two fancy coming to Nottingham, I will show you the sights and treat you to the best tea you'll find in England.

Either way, I'm pretty certain I'll be able to see and/or touch innapropriately both of you in person.

Samuel on
    edited December 2006
    Awesome!

Moriveth on
    edited December 2006
    Sussex and Derbyshire are counties too

Janson on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hunter wrote:
    uc4life wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    hey Peter

my taste is bad.

[spoiler:5f12e5c8ab]My dick in a box[/spoiler:5f12e5c8ab]

I never really liked Justin Timberlake, but I will no longer discount anything he does. That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

When he's on SNL, he is hysterical. The Homelessville sketch was pretty much the Omeletteville sketch from when he first hosted, yet still funny as most anything in recent SNL history. I wish I could find the video of Omelettesville, but it lives on in my memories.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    edited December 2006
    Janson wrote:

Derbyshire...dont spoil it for me, but I imagine its like a scene out of "my fair lady" but all the time.

uc4life on
    edited December 2006
    uc4life wrote:
    Janson wrote:

Derbyshire...dont spoil it for me, but I imagine its like a scene out of "my fair lady" but all the time.

You should totally go to my website for photos

Janson on
    edited December 2006
    Oh wait, I went for a walk around Derbyshire about a month and a half ago, lemme see if I can find the pictures. They're awesome.

Samuel on
    edited December 2006
    Janson wrote:
    uc4life wrote:
    Janson wrote:

You should totally go to my website for photos

Oh man, it not "my fair lady" its better! Like....(trying to think of another movie) "The Englishman that went up a hill and came down a mountain"....hmm not quite there yet... how about "Highlander"? I know thats Scotland but its close right?

uc4life on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    My Power Wheels Bigfoot. Oh god I loved that fucking thing.

Dynagrip on
    edited December 2006
    Screw it, I don't care if Janson's are better, I'm still posting my photos.

shire1.jpg

shire2.jpg

Samuel on