As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Awesome Christmas Gifts

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    uc4life wrote:
    Oh man, it not "my fair lady" its better! Like....(trying to think of another movie) "The Englishman that went up a hill and came down a mountain"....hmm not quite there yet... how about "Highlander"? I know thats Scotland but its close right?

I suppose that depends upon your definition of 'close'. If you live in a large country then yes, it's going to be close :) The geography doesn't differ wildly, although there are of course many subtle differences in terms of the landscape, soil, vegetation and what-have-you.

But, I love the Peak District; it's nicely sandwiched between Derby, Sheffield and Manchester so it's also quite accessible.

EDIT: Samuel, you had muuuch better weather than me, evidently :D

Janson on
  • Options
    SamuelSamuel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Janson wrote:
    uc4life wrote:
    Oh man, it not "my fair lady" its better! Like....(trying to think of another movie) "The Englishman that went up a hill and came down a mountain"....hmm not quite there yet... how about "Highlander"? I know thats Scotland but its close right?

I suppose that depends upon your definition of 'close'. If you live in a large country then yes, it's going to be close :) The geography doesn't differ wildly, although there are of course many subtle differences in terms of the landscape, soil, vegetation and what-have-you.

But, I love the Peak District; it's nicely sandwiched between Derby, Sheffield and Manchester so it's also quite accessible.

Haha, the photos are completely deceptive. I was out there for maybe 8 hours, and I spent 1 one of them huddled under a tree because it was literally too rainy and windy to go anywhere without getting completely covered in mud. The weather went from very sunny to heavy rain about 4 or 5 times.

Bloody English weather.

Samuel on
  • Options
    uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Janson wrote:
    uc4life wrote:

Man...Im in Korea right now, its a great place and all but scenic? not so much(well at least the parts ive seen)

Those lush green fields are calling my name! Maybe its genetic, about 75% of my Euro-mutt blood is from the UK.

uc4life on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    A green and pleasant land.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Silmaril wrote:
    I'm disappointed to learn that you're English. You play bass in like a evil metal band. Why aren't you German???

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    With lots and lots of sheep

I suppose this is partly relevant because I know my parents were considering a National Trust membership for me

to perhaps be a Christmas present...maybe

The one present I was kinda pleased with this year was to my secret satan and unfortunately he's not received it yet :(

DVDs/CDs and games and chocolates have been the rather generic gifts for everyone else.

Janson on
  • Options
    SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Silmaril wrote:
    I'm disappointed to learn that you're English. You play bass in like a evil metal band. Why aren't you German???

I thought it was the scandanavians that had a lock on the hardcore death metal.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Silmaril wrote:

Its the Germanic roots, but I'm British born and bread.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    You're British bread? What type, and any particular brand?

Janson on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Janson wrote:

oh dammit

Hovis.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Janson wrote:

British%20Bread.jpg

uc4life on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    OH MY!

I was searching for some more witty English-esque images and I found possibly the most disturbing image ive ever seen on the interwebs.

GIS "spotted dick", second page( filter off of course) You should see the one im talking about.

This is more then NSFW, this is NSFATDWTSOTETTGROTI (Not safe for anyone that doesn't want to scratch out their eyes trying to get rid of the image)

uc4life on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Like a moth to a flame...

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    do you mean

spotted-dick.jpg

?

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DSCN0159.jpg

?

Mathilda on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Air wrote:
    do you mean

spotted-dick.jpg

?

funny, but no, try the next page of results

uc4life on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    lostwords wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    uc4life wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    Hunter wrote:
    sundays wrote:
    hey Peter

everytime i even suggest something clothes-wise, she looks at me like i suggested she wear a furry costume and give me a lapdance so i can't do clothes

my taste is bad.

Bite the bullet and give her a gift certificate to the mall or her favorite store and a note saying you want to go shopping with her. It will be a huge pain in the ass for a few hours, but she'll get what she wants and you'll get some sex out of it for spending time quality time with her doing something she likes.

She obviously likes giving lap dances. Give her advice on how to pursue this professionally. It'll give her the direction in life she's always talking about.

we are decent folk, Peter!

why, the sheer audacity of your suggestion

Did a national court in your country not recently elevate stripping into the realms of decency? Is it there a stripper not considered as much an artist as any painter, flutist or opera singer?

rubbing your buttocks against my crotch is not the same as performing a symphony or painting Saturn Devouring One of His Sons

Then I believe this is your only course of action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-5grqhj1b8

[spoiler:e4b70094dc]My dick in a box[/spoiler:e4b70094dc]

That is one of my new favorite vids

I never really liked Justin Timberlake, but I will no longer discount anything he does. That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

When he's on SNL, he is hysterical. The Homelessville sketch was pretty much the Omeletteville sketch from when he first hosted, yet still funny as most anything in recent SNL history. I wish I could find the video of Omelettesville, but it lives on in my memories.

This is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. Justin Timberlake just went from faggo to McGruff the crime dog in a matter of seconds.

precisionk on
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh, do you mean that disgusting wart covered donger?

Eh, it's not so bad.

EDIT: Apparently it stuff put under the skin of the penis. Go figure.

Mathilda on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oh, do you mean that disgusting wart covered donger?

Eh, it's not so bad.

EDIT: Apparently it stuff put under the skin of the penis. Go figure.

Yeah I guess he really digs his wangadoodle looking like a gherkin gone wild

uc4life on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sister: $100 gift card to a local retail outlet plus a set of stereo earbuds for her nano.

Brother: Wireless network adapter for his XBOX360.

Mother: $100 gift card to a massage and day spa.

Father: Complete box-set of Thelonious Monk's Prestige recordings.

Girlfriend: Set of Williams Sonoma wine glasses and a Murlocos Tacos t-shirt (and $200 to get her out of debt).

Myself: 19" widescreen monitor with built-in speakers.

Everyone else: Jack shit.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    I think Munkus Beaver drove uc4life to the forums this morning.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    I'm giving my mom an DS. A fat one.

Dick Sandwich?

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    revolverevolve Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I bought my brother(and sister-in-law, technically) two DS Lites a while back. For Christmas proper I'm sending them a few hundred dollars, so that instead of them having to blow all their christmas money on their kids, they can at least buy a few nice things for themselves.

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited December 2006
    revolve wrote:
    I bought my brother(and sister-in-law, technically) two DS Lites a while back. For Christmas proper I'm sending them a few hundred dollars, so that instead of them having to blow all their christmas money on their kids, they can at least buy a few nice things for themselves.

That's really nice of you, revo. I am impressed.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    DaySleeper wrote:
    revolve wrote:

It's a bribe, he probably molested their kids.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    revolverevolve Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DaySleeper wrote:
    revolve wrote:

It's a bribe, he probably molested their kids.

i aint flying out to japan to molest no kids.

er shit, wait what?

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a nice set of poi from a friend.

And Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 for the Wii from another friend.

And a belt with a batarang for a belt buckle from yet another friend.

And I gave a signed copy of Mark Brook's sketchbook to my friend Sarah.
    She likes Spider-Man so I figured there was no one better to go to.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got my mom 2 tickets to Bob Seger

Xaquin on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Xaquin44 wrote:
    All Bob Seger fans are 3 glasses of cheap red wine away from being a raging slut.

Cougar hunters be advised, Bob Seger concerts are prime hunting grounds for Xaquin44's mom.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    I am getting Lindsay a sewing machine, a hand mixer, Cooking Mama for the DS, Brain Boost Beta Wave for the DS and a very, very awesome stuffed "fishing guy" from Animal Crossing.

I also found the name decals for my dad's El Camino, since I drew his name this year. He sort of inherited his father's old El Camino when he passed away, and has been restoring it into a hot rod, and just got it back from being repainted and getting a bunch of bodywork done, and he has been talking about how he'd love to get the emblems for it, but he's had a hard time finding them. They will be a total surprise, and a nice way to help out on a project that means a lot to him.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Those Bob Seger tickets reminded me: I got a friend two tickets to John Mayer in Madison Square Garden. As much as I loathe the man, his music is oddly soothing.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Xaquin44 wrote:
    All Bob Seger fans are 3 glasses of cheap red wine away from being a raging slut.

Cougar hunters be advised, Bob Seger concerts are prime hunting grounds for Xaquin44's mom.

no u!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Xaquin44 wrote:
    Xaquin44 wrote:

no u!
    that's "no u, new daddy, SIR!"

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    sorry NEW DADDY SIR

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Cogliostro wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    I'm giving my mom an DS. A fat one.

Dick Sandwich?

A Nintendo Dual Screen. It is a portable gaming device.

Speaking of which, I tired Brainage in a store and I was 80 YEARS OLD IN MY MIND!

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited December 2006
    I am getting Lindsay a sewing machine, a hand mixer, Cooking Mama for the DS, Brain Boost Beta Wave for the DS and a very, very awesome stuffed "fishing guy" from Animal Crossing.

Does she already know that these are coming? You may be treading on some very, very dangerous ground here.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm getting Elise 4 cookbooks, a washer/dryer combo and a urinal.

best christmas ever? you betcha!

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:
    I'm getting Elise 4 cockbooks, a washer/dryer combo and a urinal.

best christmas ever? you betcha!
    This is how I first read this.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I bought my dad Ali Rap.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    DaySleeper wrote:

Does she already know that these are coming? You may be treading on some very, very dangerous ground here.

what?

dude, she's been wanting a sewing machine for a long time, and she loves to bake.

Believe it or not, getting something like that for a woman doesn't mean "hurr hurr hurr get your ass back in da kitchen and make me a sammich, bitch"

Sometimes it just means "here is some stuff to help do things you enjoy"

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png