As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Spanish invade Pax!

MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in PAX Archive
Yes! Finally, your random guy from Spain is going to PAX! Hoozah!!

First of all, I just decided this on Saturday, and bought my 3-day entrance a couple of days after, but I haven't been able to register in the forums (it seems that the 6-digits code wasn't working). But that got solved (I think) about yesterday.

Secondly...it will be my first time at the states, and I plan to enjoy every second :P
Attend to all the parties that I can manage, participate in the tournaments, and just enjoy the company of you people (for what I've read, you're all awesome)

The thing is, it still isn't decided if I'll:

-Go first to Miami to visit family friends for a week or so before PAX and then either go in a plane to Seattle *or* take the Crosscountry option, which seems fairly attractive.

- Or I'll could just fly into Seattle a day before the event directly from Spain.

Either way, I still have to reserve at the hotel (or find roommates!).

Just hope everything turns out right...and that I can go next year in the Train; it just seems a lot of fun, kinda like a mini-convention.

Cheers, and hope to see you there ^__^

Accelerate!

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
Megamaniaco on

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    -Go first to Miami to visit family friends for a week or so before PAX and then either go in a plane to Seattle *or* take the Crosscountry option, which seems fairly attractive.

This is your only option if you like having fun.
    Unless you decide to do the train.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I know! I want to go on that train sooo much after watching the trailer on youtube...and of course, the crosscountry trip seems like a good option too.

I just want to do everything! Is it too much to ask for? >____<

Accelerate!

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

• Options
    the doughthe dough Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have a pal who is living in Madrid that's planning to come back just for PAX, so you aren't alone in your noble journey. I spent some time teaching English in Madrid last year and all I have to say is that I miss Kebap, seriously you can't find that shit over here.

the dough on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well, tell your pal that if he plans to go back this year, he can contact me if he doesn't want to embark on his quest alone ;P

Oh, and kebaps, funnily enough, aren't from Spain. They aren't even european; they're from middle-east (places like Turkey, Arabia and the like). But yes, they're great!

Accelerate!

Megamaniaco on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah yeah I know, they're not from Spain. But there are still a hell of a lot of them there.

the dough on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    GlassgostGlassgost Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The Inquisition, what a joy! The Inquisition, boy oh boy! We're on a mission...

Glassgost on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

I came to post this very thing.

LewieP on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I read the thread title and all I could think of is

You are now called:
    The Spaniard

(You better be able to do a gladaitor yell :P)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

I came to post this very thing.

If nobody else had said anything yet, I was going to post a picture.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    the dough wrote: »
    I have a pal who is living in Madrid that's planning to come back just for PAX, so you aren't alone in your noble journey. I spent some time teaching English in Madrid last year and all I have to say is that I miss Kebap, seriously you can't find that shit over here.

Gyros are very similar - they just have a different sauce.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    The Spaniard eh? Guess it was inevitable...and i'll start practising that gladiator yell XD
    About that Inquisition thing...you're all sick XDDD. But I do like Mel Brooks :P

Oh! And I've never tried Gyros, but after reading 'bout them in Wikipedia...yeah, they seem kinda similar.

Accelerate!

PS: Man...still 4 months and a bit more till PAX T___T

Megamaniaco on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    the dough wrote: »

Gyros are very similar - they just have a different sauce.

I know, but what I'm saying is fuck that sauce.

the dough on
This discussion has been closed.