As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Illuminati [Black Bolt, what do you say?]

The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Graphic Violence
A group of superheroes, each representing the various major powers and super groups on the planet. These formidable heroes have joined together (in secret to even their friends and families) in a mission to shape, influence, protect and mold Earth and it's superhuman population from behind the shadows.

They are...

THE ILLUMINATI
NEW_AVENGERS_Illuminati.PNG

Featuring:
* Namor, super strong and near invincible half human, half atlantean crossbread, Namor represents the underwater kingdom of Atlantis and the anti hero mindset
* Tony Stark, international playboy, multibillionaire and owner of Stark Industries, encased in his technologically advanced battlesuit he becomes Ironman. Representing the Avengers, he understands and appreciates that heroes can work with the government, rather than outside of it.
* Reed Richards, extremely flexible and stretchy, Reed Richards is also the leader of the Fantastic Four and a super genius on an almost unparalleled level in the entire universe. He represents the scientific side of the planet.
* Black Bolt, nigh invincible inhuman with an incredibly devastating voice that can total entire cities with but whispers. Representing the Inhumans, a sect of super beings whom have long since given up their humanity for the terrigan mists that gives each individual super unique abilities.
* Dr. Strange, master of arcane and mysticism, this extremely powerful sorcerer represents the immense force of magic and mysticism in the marvel universe.
* Professor Xavier, the most powerful telepath on the planet, an advocate of mutant rights, he has created and represents the X-men, a team of highly trained mutants fighting and upholding justice for both mutantity and humanity.

5 Page Preview
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Illuminati/01/Illuminati_01Pre.html

The first issue has been released today.

Now... DISCUSS!

LuciferSig.jpg
The_Lightbringer on

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The ending was a bit odd considering it's supposed to be a one shot story for each issue.

Sars_Boy on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Is it and Frontline implying that [spoiler:204d98c149]Reed Richards or someone else in the Illuminati is a Skrull?[/spoiler:204d98c149]

Squashua on
  • JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I picked up a copy of the first issue today; not bad. It was actually pretty cool to see the behind the scenes view of what happened during the Skrull invasion. I'll be buying the issues all the way up to the beginning of the World War Hulk saga, as that should be a nice "Holy shit, what have we done?!" lead in for that story arc.

With the exception of Charles and Namor...the rest of the Illuminati are fucked come next April.

The Green Scar is coming home...

GSHULK001BU008.jpg

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Squashua wrote:
    Is it and Frontline implying that [spoiler:c4cd8520ea]Reed Richards or someone else in the Illuminati is a Skrull?[/spoiler:c4cd8520ea]
    That's what Warren Ellis has been saying from the start!

robosagogo on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    More Black Bolt is certainly a good thing.

DouglasDanger on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Squashua wrote:
    Is it and Frontline implying that [spoiler:a7990d9d7a]Reed Richards or someone else in the Illuminati is a Skrull?[/spoiler:a7990d9d7a]
    That's what Warren Ellis has been saying from the start!

But, like, SINCE The Kree-Skrull war? That invalidates almost as much shit as House of M did.

Of course, not unless it's Black Bolt because he's pretty useless. Then-again, he isn't significant in the current series, so it's probably not him.

Squashua on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    The ending was a bit odd considering it's supposed to be a one shot story for each issue.

Uh, one-shot stories that are all tied into the same miniseries. I'd assume that events from each issue will impact events from other issues.

DJ Eebs on
  • The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    [spoiler:1bc757746a]
    Something tells me that when the skrull next invade they'll be using super strong, near invulnerable, flying, super stretchy, telepathic, super skrull with super voices and magical powers.
    [/spoiler:1bc757746a]

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Judas wrote:
    I picked up a copy of the first issue today; not bad. It was actually pretty cool to see the behind the scenes view of what happened during the Skrull invasion. I'll be buying the issues all the way up to the beginning of the World War Hulk saga, as that should be a nice "Holy shit, what have we done?!" lead in for that story arc.

With the exception of Charles and Namor...the rest of the Illuminati are fucked come next April.

The Green Scar is coming home...

GSHULK001BU008.jpg

Fuck yeah, Miek and the others are coming with him.

Hensler on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Why would he be angry at the Sentry? Hulk love Golden Man!

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Uh, one-shot stories that are all tied into the same miniseries. I'd assume that events from each issue will impact events from other issues.
    Ah.

Sars_Boy on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sentry probably gets in Hulk's way.

Hensler on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    First issue was awesomesauce. Tony Stark is a badass, with or without armor.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited December 2006
    With all the destruction the Skrulls have undergone including the destruction of their homeworld, I have to think anything they could've gained from the Illumanati would've been used by now.

And I have to wonder why Thor, as a representative of his own unique group of beings, was never offered a position in the group as well. Did they explain that in any of the minis? Being a god may make him reluctant to comply with compromises, but not much more than Namor.

robosagogo on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    And I have to wonder why Thor, as a representative of his own unique group of beings, was never offered a position in the group as well. Did they explain that in any of the minis? Being a god may make him reluctant to comply with compromises, but not much more than Namor.

Blackbolt and Namor (when he isn't being sent into exile) represent their people and can speak for them, whereas Thor must defer to his father. The other members are all the top guys in their callings (scientist, industrialist, telepath, mystic), and though Thor is A-Number 1 in terms of strength, he's only ever been a team member. Besides, if you invited Thor you'd have to invite Hercules as well, and then each Illuminati meeting would just turn into a riotous kegger.

Also, yeah, he's probably too morally inflexible and wouldn't like skulking behind the scenes.

Bogart on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bogart wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

Blackbolt and Namor (when he isn't being sent into exile) represent their people and can speak for them, whereas Thor must defer to his father. The other members are all the top guys in their callings (scientist, industrialist, telepath, mystic), and though Thor is A-Number 1 in terms of strength, he's only ever been a team member. Besides, if you invited Thor you'd have to invite Hercules as well, and then each Illuminati meeting would just turn into a riotous kegger.

Also, yeah, he's probably too morally inflexible and wouldn't like skulking behind the scenes.

And Asgard's not really on Earth, is it? Problems that are going to affect Earth aren't going to affect Thor's domain.

(Attilan was on Earth at the time)

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
    edited December 2006
    That pictures from Giant-Sized Hulk.

It's a dream sequence.

DJ Eebs on
    edited December 2006
    Bogart wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

And Asgard's not really on Earth, is it? Problems that are going to affect Earth aren't going to affect Thor's domain.

(Attilan was on Earth at the time)
    Aren't they connected by a rainbow bridge?

And Reed and Tony defer to the will of the American government. Thor is actually more of a leader than Reed and Tony, in fact.

robosagogo on
    edited December 2006
    While hilarious and a dream, there's one thing about it that ain't right. And that's Sentry getting stabbed with a sword by a bug in the back.

THIS IS THE MOTHERFUCKING SENTRY.

Psychological issues or not, he has the power of a MILLION EXPLODING SUNS (Might be a little exaggerated).
    Wiki:
    The Sentry's powers derive from a serum that moves his molecules an instant ahead of the current timeline, although he also absorbs solar radiation for strength. Though most of his powers and their limits are unknown, he displays several abilities including super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, flight and enhanced senses. The Sentry has yet to demonstrate the limits of his vast strength, but he easily rivals the likes of Hercules, Thor, and the Hulk. He can move fast enough to catch bullets and far exceed the speed of sound. As for the Sentry's invulnerability, Nick Fury has stated that so far they haven't found a way to kill the Sentry and Iron Man's scanners found no physiological weaknesses in the Sentry's body. According to the Sentry, he can "hear a butterfly's heartbeat in Africa" from New York City, though this could be hyperbole. It was stated by Sentry, in New Avengers 24, that he has the power of a million exploding suns.

He can project energy fields, controls light, and has vast mental powers used primarily for holding his physical form together. He was once able to implant his memories inside another person's mind. He also emits a radiation that pacifies the Hulk.

Your going to have to do better than a knife to in the back to hurt Sentry.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    That pictures from Giant-Sized Hulk.

It's a dream sequence.

I think that's everyone's dream. World War Hulk will just be the realization of that dream.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So wait, the Sentry is powered right up there on a Superman scale and beyond, how come I've not heard of him before?

Well, besides the reference to him in Marvel Zombies (something to do with him punching between realities, which I took as a Superboy Prime gag).

Seriously,according to this the guy is the most powerful being in the Marvel-U - even Hulk doesn't even stand a chance, since he oozes hulk-brand night-nurse.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    So wait, the Sentry is powered right up there on a Superman scale and beyond, how come I've not heard of him before?

Because he was created only a few years ago.

august on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    bobgorila wrote:

Well, besides the reference to him in Marvel Zombies (something to do with him punching between realities, which I took as a Superboy Prime gag).

Seriously,according to this the guy is the most powerful being in the Marvel-U - even Hulk doesn't even stand a chance, since he oozes hulk-brand night-nurse.
    Sentry has 3 personalities, The evil one (The Void) broke every bone in Hulk's body without breaking a sweat.

I honestly think he could kick Superman's ass if he didn't have the psychological problems.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    august wrote:
    bobgorila wrote:

Because he was created only a few years ago.

Yeah, Sentry was retconned into the Marvel universe, or something. Like, he's been there the whole time, but no one remembers him. When they created him they made his story about the marvel heroes slowly "remembering" who he was.

Also, he's held back by his evil nature/tyler durden.

Langly on
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    the power of a MILLION EXPLODING SONS

Don't want to be an ass by pointing out typos but this conjures up a pretty funny mental image... :D

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Langly wrote:
    Yeah, Sentry was retconned into the Marvel universe, or something. Like, he's been there the whole time, but no one remembers him. When they created him they made his story about the marvel heroes slowly "remembering" who he was.

Also, he's held back by his evil nature/tyler durden.

I have to say, his was one of the coolest retcons in comics history though. I mean, they actually broke the 4th wall with it to some extent, running articles in Wizard about how they discovered the character in a stack of Stan Lee's old notes, and giving him a bunch of false background. I thought that was cool and creative.

Munch on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dayspring wrote:

Don't want to be an ass by pointing out typos but this conjures up a pretty funny mental image... :D
    He's strongest at Passover.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dayspring wrote:

He's strongest at Passover.

Nice.

august on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Why does everyone appear to be made of glass in that Hulk picture?

Also:
    strangeismetal.JPG
    Dr. Strange is f-ing metal!

CyberJackal on
  • SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

Also:
    strangeismetal.JPG
    By the Chords of Judas Priest!

SpeedySwaf on
    edited December 2006
    Because it's a dream sequence. It doesn't actually happen

DJ Eebs on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    SpeedySwaf wrote:

Also:
    strangeismetal.JPG

oh, nice.

Spectre-x on
    edited December 2006
    SpeedySwaf wrote:

Also:
    strangeismetal.JPG

Hah, that was pretty funny.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg