As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

¿Dónde está el [CHAT]?

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Beavo's view of the male gender is so fucking polarized.

Its always our fault.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Haha -- almost got a ticket for filming in the subway today...

Virum on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    What would the ticket be for, I don't get it?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Being an artfag.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    What would the ticket be for, I don't get it?

Because you are supposed to have a film permit to film. Which we didn't have. We feigned ignorance, pointed at the signs that mentioned at least 10 things that aren't allowed and stated that they made no mention that filming was verboten and that tripods weren't allowed down there. We were like, "How could we know?" So after a while they let us off with a verbal warning and made us pack up.

But yeah, two cops sidled up and said "Who's in charge of this operation, cause he's getting a ticket. Whose camera is this?" Or something to that effect.

Virum on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Haha, man you should look up articles on Guerrilla filmmaking. I read one a couple years ago that was really good, and involved the likes of pretending to be traffic cops, laying cones down to close a bridge, then shooting the actors on the bridge from afar with a high zoom lens.

Anyway, glad you avoided a ticket. Any idea how much it would have been?

• Options
    The EarlThe Earl Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Virum, just noticed you're at CSUN. I graduated there a semester ago. And judging by your post, must be a film major. How's that going?

The Earl on
    | Flickr | Steam | KROQ | Game Center The_Earl
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I took a film class once in which we had to shoot a cemetery scene. We went to this oooooold famous cemetery in Old San Juan... but the guy told us we couldn't shoot there, unless of course, we gave him something for his troubles.

I gave him some gum, because that's all I had. Cheapest bribe ever.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wait ... he accepted the gum?! Haha. awesome.

I just opened some post and found out i owe water bills .... of £480. There is no fucking way that can be right! I'm gonna call them tomorrow and ask "wtf?".

Lly on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Bah. I decided because my leg didnt hurt anymore it would be okay to walk on it without the crutches.

Now its puffed up and even bigger than before.

:"{

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »

Its always our fault.
    erph, when did i ever say that?
    and lly as my post clearly stated, that was directed at mykonos, not you.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    beavotron wrote: »

Its always our fault.

That's already pet, I was just defending the classic male fantasy of the older woman :) there's a reason it usually remains a fantasy. Crusty vaginas are only attractive when very drunk :P Although i really hope the crustiness is only an issue when you start dabbling in the OAP section.

You do however seem to have a rather dim outlook on the male gender as a whole. Whilst it may be in a facetious manner, it does come across quite strongly (your online romance with prosp aside that is :P). Maybe we're reading too much into your comments, but occasionally I have had images of gangs of beavers burning bras en masse whilst reading your posts.

Lly on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Every time you bring up dating.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So in the last few weeks I've heard back from colleges, and I got into SFAI, Parsons, and NYU. I think I'm going to Parsons, I think there were one or two people on here that go there?

Chop Logic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Lly wrote: »

Its always our fault.

That's already pet, I was just defending the classic male fantasy of the older woman :) there's a reason it usually remains a fantasy. Crusty vaginas are only attractive when very drunk :P Although i really hope the crustiness is only an issue when you start dabbling in the OAP section.

You do however seem to have a rather dim outlook on the male gender as a whole. Whilst it may be in a facetious manner, it does come across quite strongly (your online romance with prosp aside that is :P). Maybe we're reading too much into your comments, but occasionally I have had images of gangs of beavers burning bras en masse whilst reading your posts.

seriously?
    i'm like the anti-feminist
    my femlectrons are positive, and my protoboobies are negative, i really throw feminists for a loop, i think they're retarded.
    i'm not a big fan of the guys i date being assholes, but i know there's non-asshole guys out there, i'm not one of those "good guys don't exist" types... good guys just have no interest in me. i'm jaded in that respect i guess.

beavotron on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i'm not a big fan of the guys i date being assholes, but i know there's non-asshole guys out there, i'm not one of those "good guys don't exist" types... good guys just have no interest in me. i'm jaded in that respect i guess.

Well I know a lot of good guys who have awful taste in women, so hey, maybe there's a glimmer of truth to that.

...weren't we talking about critiquing critiques a moment ago? This thread be movin'.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Haha, man you should look up articles on Guerrilla filmmaking. I read one a couple years ago that was really good, and involved the likes of pretending to be traffic cops, laying cones down to close a bridge, then shooting the actors on the bridge from afar with a high zoom lens.

Anyway, glad you avoided a ticket. Any idea how much it would have been?
    Yeah, guerilla filmmaking stories are the best. It's sure exciting, I'll say that. I have no clue how much the ticket would have been - I didn't ask, but all the signs in the subway said up to 250 dollar fine for such offenses as chewing gum on the train and eating.... Gotta love LA.

Pics of my shoot if you care:
    Soundstage

behind4.jpg

That's me moving the computer tether cord.

behind3.jpg

Me instructing the cam op when to pan.

behind1.jpg

Scary talent.

behind2.jpg

Director doing his great work.

behind5.jpg

The same.

behind6.jpg

More talent.

Guerilla Day

day1-behind.jpg

Computer in the field.

day1-behind2.jpg

I am manning the comp.

day1-behind3.jpg

Stealing shots in the subway.

day1-behind4.jpg

At the beach - I am holding my computer but you can't see it.
    The Earl wrote: »
    Virum, just noticed you're at CSUN. I graduated there a semester ago. And judging by your post, must be a film major. How's that going?

I'm pre-CTVA actually. I submitted my portfolio for review, I'll know if I made it into the major at the end of the month. If I didn't, I will storm up to the head option, throw him a DVD of my 250 project (which is what we were shooting) and tell him to watch it - I can honestly say that it is better than work of people in the program already. We've shown dailies in class and everyone was speechless, one group through down their notebooks and said something to the effect of "That's it, I quit." Also our professor was very impressed when we got off 10 camera setups and 18 unique shots done in 3 hours done in the soundstage he let us use for 3 hours Saturday morning. Technically we aren't allowed to use it, but since it was a "lighting exercise" under his supervision we were allowed in for the length of a class. Those three hours included initial breakdown of the soundstage, lighting setup, breakdown of our stuff, and then resetting the old stuff. I didn't think we'd get it done but somehow we did.

This second semester at CSUN I am liking a lot more than my first. I've finally made a few friends, found people I like to work with, and don't feel like Chapman would have been way cooler to go to if I could have afforded the tuition. Even after their scholarships and a full cal-grant I would have paid more in one year than getting my whole degree here at CSUN.

What did you major in? How'd you like it?

Virum on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »

Well I know a lot of good guys who have awful taste in women, so hey, maybe there's a glimmer of truth to that.

...weren't we talking about critiquing critiques a moment ago? This thread be movin'.

yeah it's really sort of strange, all the really great guys i know like really neurotic women. the kind who have zero self confidence, cry at the drop of a hat... can't seem to function without a guy to hold their hand. it's pathetic. i can't stand chicks like that.
    i'm feeling hateful today
    must be all the tequila

i'm up for some tf2, who wants to play with me?

beavotron on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What server you going to be on? I need to go kill people, and TWB seems to have lost interest in TF2 D:

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    no shiz?
    i dunno add me to friends

in other news:
    i just bought my tickets to go see radiohead in montreal

i feel happier already.

beavotron on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So this Radiohead, are they famous?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    This has gotta be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    good guys just have no interest in me.

you know, a lot of pretty girls think that, and settle for douchebag boyfriends(like i do) because they don't think they can do better.

so wrong!

melting_doll on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ehhhh.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just psyched myself last night into believing I should make a two hour drive to surprise my ex-girlfriend. Now I think I'm a delusional idiot.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

believe in your dreams!

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Why would you drive two hours to surprise your ex girlfriend?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Mykonos wrote: »

believe in your dreams!

Get me every time!

On a side note, I wanted to score some Flight of the Conchords tickets but they sold out through ticketmaster within minutes. And that's why I fucking hate TM. They don't really do much to disallow computers running scripts to snatch up blocks and blocks of tickets, which are then turned around and sold after market at ridiculously high amounts.

• Options
    edited April 2008
    That was pretty damn hilarious. And yeah, going to see flight of the conchords live would be incredible, only just topped in acts i want to see live by tim minchin and Gogol bordello.

Lly on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    good guys just have no interest in me.

you know, a lot of pretty girls think that, and settle for douchebag boyfriends(like i do) because they don't think they can do better.

so wrong!

A lot of guys are intimidated by attractive women. What you need to do is just flaunt yourself all over these really nice and good looking guys. I mean, really go after them. Make sure that they know you're into them. I'm talking initiating full on make out sessions and shit. Really put yourself out there. That way the guy will feel more able to open up and start a conversation with you.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Can we go at least like a week without turning the AC into an episode of Loveline?

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Can we go at least like a week without turning the AC into an episode of Loveline?

What? You don't like my relationship advice?

Grifter on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A 14 year old girl lives right across my window, I can hear her screaming, talking about boys and playing Wii all the time. Sometimes, she does these things at the same time.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Why would you drive two hours to surprise your ex girlfriend?

So we can date and such again. Our separation isn't as bad as per usual connotation that comes with the term ex girlfriend. I just haven't seen her for months and I would like to let her know that I love her, in person.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    A 14 year old girl lives right across my window, I can hear her screaming, talking about boys and playing Wii all the time. Sometimes, she does these things at the same time.

pervert

Grifter on
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

talk about intense multitasking

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    it's funny because my lackluster love life doesn't occupy my time as much as i feel i let on in the forums. i am far too busy with more awesome things like doodling and video games (i bought that learn to speak french ds game by ubisoft and it's actually really cool! except it's teaching france french, and being canadian i feel i should probably be trying to learn quebecois french)
    and i am totally going to be that girl grifter.
    that really drunk girl who makes out with all the hot guys in the bar.
    don't get me wrong, i get attention, but the ones who really pursue me are assholes.
    i need to learn to ignore them and their devilishly handsome grins and push for the quiet nerdy guys who i so adore.

i'm sorry mars
    i TRIED changing the topic to who wants to play tf2 with me!!
    instead i'm going to change it now to the fact that i really want to see the darjeeling limited and wes anderson is my favorite director.

beavotron on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    goddamn it

grifter, look through your pm's or something

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited April 2008

There you are! I wanted to bitch to you about advertising but hadn't seen you on in a while. Figured I'd have to say your name three times in front of a mirror or something to get you to show up!

• Options
    edited April 2008
    i TRIED changing the topic to who wants to play tf2 with me!!
    instead i'm going to change it now to the fact that i really want to see the darjeeling limited and wes anderson is my favorite director.

I'd play with you but youre never online.

Meanwhile, since I am unable to head down to the studio to get some damn work done, I've been playing all my old games. Aliens Vs Predator 2, Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun...installing Generals right now.

Man Tiberian Sun was terrible.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
This discussion has been closed.