As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DAoC] While we wait for WAR[56k]

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm at like 50 or 60 on armorsmithing with my hunter. I was doing it to get some good armor, but then I remembered I had about 400 aurulite sitting in my inventory. :)

urahonky on
  • Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Crafted and SC'ed armour beats the crap out of Aurulite. I was looking into getting my guys into SC'ed stuff but I am told 10pp for a suit.

Oddjob187 on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    im re subbed up so, ill be here for while. I don't have any other mmo's that interest me right now and or are currently released. Also to the guy with albs on garth, yes make some lamorek mids or what ever and we can get you into the guild. Np

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Got any toons with Trade Skills?

Me? Nope. DAoC Crafting is agony. They need to get rid of the stupid green bar IMO :p .

And if I did, they'd be on Palo anyways. That's where my lvl50 and handful of alts are.

For Gareth, I did a little bit of Tailoring in Glenlock Sound, then realized I didn't like watching green bars.

As a caster I don't have to stay in yellow armor all the time anyway. I can easily make do with quest rewards and drops. The only time I can see really worrying about capping my Pie, Dex and Resists is in the 40s.
    Earlier than that it's just not worth the effort, unless you plan on /xpoff'ing and camping in a BG somewhere.

Selner on
    edited April 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    Got any toons with Trade Skills?

Me? Nope. DAoC Crafting is agony. They need to get rid of the stupid green bar IMO :p .

And if I did, they'd be on Palo anyways. That's where my lvl50 and handful of alts are.

For Gareth, I did a little bit of Tailoring in Glenlock Sound, then realized I didn't like watching green bars.

As a caster I don't have to stay in yellow armor all the time anyway. I can easily make do with quest rewards and drops. The only time I can see really worrying about capping my Pie, Dex and Resists is in the 40s.
    Earlier than that it's just not worth the effort, unless you plan on /xpoff'ing and camping in a BG somewhere.

Molvik untill my rp is capped was my idea.

Oddjob187 on
  • jaggyjaggy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've pretty much decided to only level my bonedancer out of Molv for farming purposes and keep any other character I make 39 or lower. I don't think I'm going to bother putting in the time to get the gear necessary to be a strong pvp force at level 50 (I love running 8 mans, and to even be competitive in a level 50 8-man requires a time sink that I'm not really willing to give in to).

Molv seems to be really busy, and it would be a lot of fun to run a strong Molv 8-man (which is much easier to setup than an endgame 8-man methinks).

Then again, I say all of this now. Perhaps the siren's song of the little bar in the lower right corner and the ever increasing character stats will get the best of me, as it has time and time again...

jaggy on
    edited April 2008
    Yea I'll probably end up taking my BD out of Molvik. Maybe. Either him or the RM. Probably the BD since he is a troll and it drives me nuts running around on a Troll in a BG.

Oddjob187 on
  • Lacerated SkyLacerated Sky Cleveland, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    In as Negation, the Yoda-looking Shadowblade.

Lacerated Sky on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thankfully, I'll have my new fan tomorrow afternoon, so I can atleast play the final few days of my trial before probably subbing (unless a certain guild beta starts).

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited April 2008
    KingMole wrote: »
    Thankfully, I'll have my new fan tomorrow afternoon, so I can atleast play the final few days of my trial before probably subbing (unless a certain guild beta starts).

hah guild beta. You're daft!

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »

Guild Beta. What is it?
    The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of.

jaggy on
    edited April 2008
    hey lacerated, look up nyone in th fancy lads and they should beable to log in and alt and invite you et. Sorry wasn't paying attenton or would of invited you fo sure.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Lacerated SkyLacerated Sky Cleveland, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    How do I switch to another server? I am trying to send you a tell but it tells me you're in another realm.

Lacerated Sky on
    edited April 2008
    There's some channelers in Jordheim that switch your server for you.

urahonky on
    edited April 2008
    When you message a character on another server (in the same cluster) apply a -server to their name.

My mid chars are on lamorak, so:

/t Dancinjaggy-Lam hi n00b

(You don't have to use the whole server name, just a character or two)

jaggy on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    jaggy wrote: »

Guild Beta. What is it?
    The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of.

That doesn't even make sense. People dream all the time. It would make sense if no one dreamed. Ever.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited April 2008
    I've pretty much decided to only level my bonedancer out of Molv for farming purposes and keep any other character I make 39 or lower

That may actually be a good idea. As we're here just killing time, I can't see us having a permanent prescence in DAoC.
    If there's lots of action in Molvik, that might be the place to stay.

Selner on
    edited April 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    I've pretty much decided to only level my bonedancer out of Molv for farming purposes and keep any other character I make 39 or lower

That may actually be a good idea. As we're here just killing time, I can't see us having a permanent prescence in DAoC.
    If there's lots of action in Molvik, that might be the place to stay.

I agree Molvik should be The Fancy Lad's end game goal. Full groups of fancy lads.

Once some of us started getting up in level we should Vault decent drops. Aurulite is ok but 95% Quality makes me sad, at least drop stuff can get better then 95%.

Fucking task dungeons. I want to get the skald to 35 and into Molvik but he is 33 and Wilton is dead. TD's are faster then mobs so here i am. Two TD's down, one more till 34 then BLAMMO! Kill all mobs, only 35 left! :(:(:(

Needs more evade! Evade = Ice Storm = 200dmg sword slice stupid spider in half. Evaaade damn you!

12 hours untill next free level. Ok, finish this TD, then play Trollzilla or the hunter untill I get my free level. Good plan.

Talking to myself ITT while on a weeks Vacation on a sunny beach (Desktop background is a beach)

Oddjob187 on
  • MorturusMorturus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I would agree that Molvik is a great place to stop. It's busy, there's a RR cap, and it's very easy to put together a capped template.

For Molvik you really only need 500-600 spellcrafting to put together an okay template. I did this in Alb when I first started there and even though I played my inf the most, I never bothered to update her temp. You won't be able to do the maximum overcharges on your gear, but you should be able to make all the gems neccessary with a little juggling.

What I normally do for Molvik (or used to when I was broke) was to buy whichever Darkspire gear I could for cheap, you can get some armour pieces, and belt/gem/neck/cloak for under 100g each most of the time, then fill out whatever jewelry I still needed with aurulite stuff. After that buy some crafted armour (this may get a little pricy, especially so in Mid since there are a lack of pure PvE'rs there) and spellcraft it yourself.

If you can farm your own aurulite a temp like this will come in around 1-2p. If you skimp even more (go with what quest stuff where you can, just craft to fill in the gaping holes) you can make something decent for a few hundred gold.

If you plan on grouping you really don't need to be suited in anything special.

If you plan on solo'ing I'd recommend at a minimum what I listed above, plus running a full complement of buff potions. (get around 750 alchemy and you'll be set)

For crafting, they've made it so much easier than what it used to be. To get alchemy that high or spellcrafting you really only need one evening and a few hundred gold. (whereas it used to take weeks and multiple plat)

Most of all, play something that's fun, and something pretty, and enjoy yourself.

Perhaps I will have the opportunity to frolic past and direct flower power in your general direction. =)

Morturus on
    edited April 2008
    One evening you say? I have to have around 600-800gold on my 3 30 toons combined. Guess I could plug it into the Rm and get SC up. Hmm.

Can you make crafting macros with timers to avoid sitting infront of your computer watching the evil bar float across the screen?

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    So I started a Warlock last night to give them a shot and holy shit are they complicated. I found out after 30 minutes that the secondary spells can only be cast immediately after your standard bolt/DD. But I still have yet to figure out what the enhancements do.

I mean, I KNOW what they do I just don't know if that counts ONLY for the first cast or if it's forever till you die. Since when you cast it there is no indication that it's on you.

urahonky on
    edited April 2008
    Warlocks always freaked me out because the Demon Speak.

Oddjob187 on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I had the same experience with my Warlock. Seemed terribly underpowered, even when I did figure out what I was doing...I think. I like the concept a lot but I think it was designed with more experienced players in mind.

Accualt on
    edited April 2008
    I wouldn't recommend macro crafting, it is a bannable offense. I usually just grab a good book, or if you're near a TV watch something. I just turn up the headphones until the 'ding' after the item is finished crafting is barely audible.

For warlocks... they're a pain, and fun at the same time. You get to cast one primary spell (cursing baseline or cursing spec or witchcraft primer) and one secondary spell (hex). To cast, choose a primary and while it is casting hit a secondary spell to cast. The cursing spells are hard coded to be slow, but you're essentially casting 2 spells at once.

Witchcraft primers do stay in effect until you cast a secondary or you move.

For chambers (the balls floating around your head, in witchcraft spec) hit the chamber spell, then choose and primary and a secondary spell to load into the chamber. When you want to release the chamber (can't be moving) just hit the chamber button again.

It's a really fun class once you get going. There's nothing more satisfying than popping your head over the edge of a keep wall, casting a quick bolt+lifetap and a DD+lifetap chamber and seeing your target melt instantly.

Edit: They are a weird class for sure. There are a few ways to play them IMO. One is to hump towers/keeps. You aim for maximum damage in the shortest possible time (as once people get hit, they typically move out of sight). A higher curse is great for this. The spec curse bolt with the hex lifetap and a chamber means you can hit someone with enough damage to kill them instantly, and that's pretty much what you do.

Another way to play is as a support/interrupt class. If you spec high witchcraft your primers really help, you have incredible range, heals, nearsight, snares.

The last and most popular spec is maximum hex and a little bit of withcraft. The idea here is between chambers and your uninteruptable primer, you can put out enough pbae damage to kill a crowd of people grouped together.

The problem with warlocks is although the have a huge burst damage, their sustained damage is crap. While a warlock is hitting for 370 damage every 4 seconds once their chambers are gone, the normal caster beside him is hitting for 200 every 1.2s.

Morturus on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've been cheating.

My Friar desire has consumed me, and I've turned back to the Alb side. Look me up on Lemorak if you feel the same way. Name's Gibe.

>.>

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You should read this book and then think about what you've done.

predatorhansenbookcoverkl5.jpg

Dirty Alb.

Accualt on
    edited April 2008
    I tried to make an Alb but not having people to play with sucks, so back to Midgard.

Damnation! We had DF and I rush in to farm some Emerald Seals. This guy spawns right out of the fuken wall and slaughters a bunch of guys nearby, then cuts a path up to our entrance just as we loose DF to the albs! Damnation.
    sshot004.jpg

Why is it most of the times when I am stuck in a shitty group the DISBAND or LEAVE button has gone missing? Why?

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    i have albs on ector and hibs on lamorak :E anyways whee fun times :D

Draeven on

• MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I rolled a few Albs and a few Hibs, but haven't played them yet. Stupid school! I am missing me some DAOC.

Murphy on
    edited April 2008
    My Hunter just claimed its first victim in Thid. Level 24 cloth wearer at the back of the pack. Me and another hunter both went for him cause of cloth so two hits and he was worm food.

Good times to be had when I get to 24.

Afternoon crew in Thid are retards man. Albs broke into CK, were in the court yard and there was four of us defending with 15 in Thid. Everyone else was still trying to get gank kills. If there was more dps I could of taken some fools down but they had alot of healers. :(

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    So ah... What's the screenshot button? I thought it was F12 or Printscreen, but it didn't work :(

urahonky on
    edited April 2008
    - (MINUS) on your Num Pad it seems.

In other news, I fucking fail at driving the ram. How the fuck do you get it to move? I tried to set a ground target with F5 but i couldn't get the ground target reticule to come up, and clicking via mouse button did nothing. Man I got so pissed, at the gate in Wilton, capping the Ck would ding me but I couldnt get the ram to move.

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    When you're on the ram click where you want to go and hit the 'move' button. Clicking while on the ram should set a ground target, when you see the door, click on it, aim, fire, repeat.

Morturus on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I tried to make an Alb but not having people to play with sucks, so back to Midgard.

Damnation! We had DF and I rush in to farm some Emerald Seals. This guy spawns right out of the fuken wall and slaughters a bunch of guys nearby, then cuts a path up to our entrance just as we loose DF to the albs! Damnation.
    sshot004.jpg

Why is it most of the times when I am stuck in a shitty group the DISBAND or LEAVE button has gone missing? Why?

Oh man, those inquisitors and shit would come in every once in a while, that was some good shit.

Just think of it this way...

"Well, Paul, won't they get upset?"

"No! They'll get KILLED!"

So I guess this could be a way of thinking for things to come. :3

Lucky Cynic on
  • ShughartShughart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Lurker here... I couldn't resist the call to my first (MMO) love. I grew up as a Hib (50 shade, 50 hero, 50 ment), but the love of all things not Albion has brought me to Mid. I currently have a 14 Shammy (cave spec woo!) on Gareth named Fraunhoffer, and will try to look up some of you Fancy Lads folks when I am on next.

Shughart on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You guys need to stop drinking that haterade. Albion has all the hottest chicks, we stack paper to the ceiling, and our horses wear platinum shoes. You just hate us 'cause you ain't us.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I actually have an account for this, but haven't been able to give it any attention.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    edited April 2008
    You guys need to stop drinking that haterade. Albion has all the hottest chicks, we stack paper to the ceiling, and our horses wear platinum shoes. You just hate us 'cause you ain't us.

I miss my Necro.. oh shi

My hatred of albs come from them always stealing DF and always teaming up with hibs to fight the evil Midgardians. Seriously. I got ganked in Molvik by a Alb back stabber and a hib got a shot in before i went down, they turn to each other and start cheering then run off in the same direction. Die die alb scum!

Hm, Darkness Falls is pretty fabulous XP in the 30+ range. Alb stealthers log out there though so every now and then ganky gank gank. But still, almost at 1pp, 150 Emerald seals and got 1.5 levels so far. Not bad.

Oddjob187 on
    edited April 2008
    My hatred of albs come from...

.... the Hibs basically being a non-factor on Palomides for the longest time. There was always a million or so Albs in the Frontier, making life miserable for us Midgard ppls. So the vast majority of my fights were against Albs.

And there was a specific Alb Guild (Aeonian Prophecy) that were all about trying to piss off Mids. One of their members even said success was making a Midgard player actually quit the game.

Selner on
    edited April 2008
    Yeaaaah Palo! I was on Alb Palo until the Game On threads brought me to Midgard on the classic. Never got into Frontiers though since leveling still sucked hard back then. We always owned DF and the BG's were alb zergs mostly. Good times.

Oddjob187 on