As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2008
    good luck on getting a black bolt heroclix

I think he's in one set, he's rare, and that set might be sold out!

unless they released him in one of the two newer sets

DJ Eebs on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I, uh, have one? He's on a little clear flying thing. I won a bunch of Heroclix at a comic book store thing, but since I don't play they just hang out on my computer.

I have no idea if he's rare or not, I just know that he's currently flying into Darkseid.

Mr Pink on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's $20 on ebay.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    jligroupcp2.jpg

yessssss

Garlic Bread on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dude, tits.

Sharp101 on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2008
    2:30:05 PM Jordyn: FUCKING G'NORT? Really?
    2:30:12 PM Keith: it's such a good figure too
    2:30:18 PM Jordyn: Also, tits hello

Garlic Bread on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Hello!

DMAC on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's $20 on ebay.

Well, cool. Now I just need to find someone who plays. That makes me wonder if the other twenty I have are worth anything.

Also, Batman is looking rather shiny in that picture.

Mr Pink on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I want that G'Nort so bad.

Ice's freaky mushroom hair is weirding me out though.

Munch on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Who's that on the left, can I ask? I'm assuming it's not Lady Blackhawk, which is the only name I can think of.

Wildcat on
    edited April 2008
    Black Canary

in her awful 80s costume

Garlic Bread on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ahhh, I see. Thanks Keith.

Wildcat on
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Its pretty funny they are actually making a figure of her in that costume considering there was an issue of Birds of Prey where there were action figures of her in that outfit. She freaked out and had Barbara help her buy out the store's stock of them.

ZombieAsuma on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    Black Canary

in her awful 80s costume

It is so bad it's good, though!

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Shit- I might have to have ALL of those. But G'nort needs to join my GL Corps collection.

Tach on
    edited April 2008
    G'nort kind of looks like Alan Moore.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited April 2008
    hahahaha he does have those eyes

Garlic Bread on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »
    G'nort kind of looks like Alan Moore.

Nice.

august on
  • BoboBobo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    img3783hh7.th.jpg

Yes yes yes yes yes finally

Bobo on
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bobo wrote: »
    img3783hh7.th.jpg

Yes yes yes yes yes finally

Where did you buy them? I didn't know they were out already and can't seem to find them online.

Edit: top of page

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
    edited April 2008
    I got mine at BBTS, but I saw them at Forbidden Planet in NYC this past weekend as well.

Bobo on
    edited April 2008
    Nice.

DMAC on
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Cool, checked out BBTS, but now I'm not sure if I want to wait for them to release the Black and Whites.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
    edited April 2008
    These toys are so great that I may pick up a set of the b&w as well.

Bobo on
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Must have.

Torso Boy on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hey dudes, I'm curious how you all keep your figures. More specifically, I'm curious if any of you keep them in the original packaging, unopened, mint, etc.

As has been mentioned in the NYCC thread, at the convention there will be a set of all four of these turtles we've been drooling over on this page. If one manages to pick it up, then one can also get the box signed by Peter Laird. Now, the obvious reaction is: Dang dude, a con exclusive, with a box signed by one of the creators of the original comics? You'd be crazy to take it out of the box!

The problem (if it can be called that) is that I've always viewed action figures as things to be played with. I don't understand how people can buy one and not open it up to at least put it into a few Awesome Action Poses(tm). A few years ago, I found someone on eBay who was selling a ton of the old Aliens action figures. Since I never had the opportunity to buy the toys when I was a kid, I bought these ones so fast that my mouse started steaming. When they arrived, I opened the box and sat there, looking at them. They were all practically mint-on-card, and they were at least ten years old. The collector nerd in me contemplated very seriously leaving the packaging intact. Then the 5-year-old in me clawed his way out, kicked the collector nerd in the shins, ripped into the packaging and spent an hour making the Scorpion Alien blow up and the Alien Queen whip around and knock shit down with her tail. No regrets.

So, bottom line: would you guys keep the con-exclusive TMNTs in the box signed by Peter Laird, or would you take them out, and store the box elsewhere?

Delduwath on
    edited April 2008
    If you actually wanted the thing to have value, you'd probably have to keep them mint in the box. But hey, if they're for you anyway, why not take them out?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If I get a signed box I'd never open the thing.
    I use to buy a lot of action figures (I've moved on to statues, thanks to the wife) and almost never left them in package. There were some cases where the packaging and the display of the figures in the packaging was done well enough that I thought it enhanced the figure so I left them in. I never play with my figures, I transform my Transformers, but I don't have little battles with them. Usually I just find a pose I like and slap them on a shelf, never to be touched again but instead looked at like fine, fine art. Unless you actually take them down and PLAY with them I don't see the negative in leaving them in the packaging, unless the packaging is ugly.

Accualt on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I open my boxes and put the figures on display. I do keep all the packaging stuff though, I'm not really sure why though because I don't intend on selling any of my figures.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't buy action figures because they're mint or they're going to be worth alot :)

I buy them cause i like toys, always have even though i'm now 19 years old :)

TrueHereticX on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Do action figures accrue value at a faster rate than comic books?

Robos A Go Go on
  • TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm not sure... not being an authority on this at all :)

But i think that a Blue Snaggletooth (the rarest figure from the initial Star Wars toy releases, released in a Cantina playset) would fetch a high price...

Though maybe not as high as a 1st issue of a popular comic

TrueHereticX on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008

i don't think either tend to appreciate at a particularly phenomenal rate

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Servo wrote: »

i don't think either tend to appreciate at a particularly phenomenal rate

It depends on the figure really. I have every figure from the Batman Hush line except Nightwing and the Jason Todd Hush variant. Since the Hush Nightwing is pretty much the best Nightwing figure, they tend to go for about 60-70 bucks unopened on ebay. Other figures in the set go for 20-25 bucks, and still others go for 10-15.

Different figures have different amounts of demand.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
    edited April 2008
    I think that, pretty much like most modern comics, the ones that jump up rapidly in value tend to be the ones that are exceptionally rare for one reason or another. Either because they were different for some reason (color variant/manufacturing error), or because only a few were made and the popularity of the character took off later. Unless you're buying/selling a ton of figures or you get exceptionally lucky, it's not really much of an "investment".

I ordered a set of those TMNT figures. 8-)

DMAC on
  • D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Quick question about the TMNT action figures:

What's with the price difference between the individual figures and the box sets? If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that the individual figures come with all the accessories, whereas the box set is just the four toys and their weapons.

I just want to buy them so I can set them up at the computer in their classic, first appearance poses. I don't really care about all the extra accessories.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
    edited April 2008
    Interestingly, the box sets at the con today had all of the accessories.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Someone talk me out of buying those turtle figures.

Please.

Bloods End on
    edited April 2008
    buy me some robin figures instead

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    kazootoys_1994_54487746

Alright

Bloods End on
This discussion has been closed.