As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

¿Dónde está el [CHAT]?

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I kinda like these ones.

I bet I could do a sweet scorpion kick with those.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Anyone recommend me some sweet kicks?

baskets.jpg

bombardier on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    God I love that comic.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I just got offered a financial package of about 26k to go to UC Irvine. About 16k in grants, 6k in subsidized student loans, and the rest in the "university loan". I"m pretty excited about it, though I'm still waiting to hear back from UCLA about admissions, but if the financial aid there doesn't really compare to Irvine I may have to go with that. (Was my 2nd choice, LA being the first.)

That is of course unless my math class this semester causes my admissions to get revoked, in which case I'll go insane and have to sell soap for a living.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Righto shoes, well I've always been an staunch advocate of the Adidas Superstar II, an equal blend of comfort, style and secksiness that the ladeez can only try to ignore. Preferably in white, with black strips. Then and ONLY then can you scissor-kick Angela Lansbury in the style she demands.

Mustang on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    bombardier wrote: »
    multimoog wrote: »
    AHahahahah!!! AGHAHAHAHHAH!!! OH!!! Ohhhhhhh!!! Guys-guy! Seriously, The New Days. THE NEW DAYS!!! I want the drugs this guy is taking!

Wat a jackoff. I'd normally say that with enough effort anyone can learn to draw better, but I don't think that guy could. Mainly because he spends most of that effort making shitty youtube blogs. But also because he can't fucking draw. Or model a convincing character. Or not come off as a pompous shitface.
    God. God.

Fucker is a walking brainwashed victim of The Secret.

That's what came to my mind.......which can change the world don't you know.

God, that video never gets old. He's my hero!

Lly on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ADP vs Sky. All bets are off.

So laser engraving to steeltoe boots to internet douchebags. What a pace this chat thread maintains...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i want to marry kate beaton on a mountain
    i mean.... no i don't, i love my interhusband prosp forever. <_< >_>

orwell.jpg

beavotron on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    i mean.... no i don't, i love my interhusband prosp forever. <_< >_>

AHAHAHAHAH

D'awwww
    :winky:

Prospicience on
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    NeoRedXIII wrote: »
    Anyone have advice on illustrating a children's book?

It's not easy. You essentially need an agent, as most publishers won't accept unsolicited manuscripts/portfolios. Teaming up with an established author is another way to go, but isn't easier than getting an agent - you need to know someone who's written books. Contacts - who you know - really do go a long-ass way to getting a project like this started.

Edit: This isn't meant to sound discouraging as much as it is realistic. An acquaintance of mine, Mark Martin, has been a cartoonist/illustrator for years. After doing tons of self-published stuff, he started working with Nickelodeon Magazine doing kids comics and spot illos, and through those contacts did the art for a couple SpongeBob books. He's been trying to get some kids books off the ground forEVER, and he's been doing it for a while.

multimoog on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm full.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    beavotron wrote: »

SHE'S MINE BACK OFF

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Man bombardier you'd have to fight off half The Writer's Block, they're all gay for Kate at the moment.

...wait she's a woman. Damn. I'm so used to TWB being a haven for homoeroticism.

Mind you bombsy has a friggin' bomb for a head, so he'd probably win.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hahaha holy shit, that's awesome. Thanks for posting that, I probably never would have seen it!

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You don't play TF2 nearly enough, I've only ever seen you in the PA servers like, twice D:

I recall you used to kick my ass at CS: Source fairly frequently though...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I've been playing other stuff lately like Smash and Stalker, but I finished Stalker so yeah I'll probably get into TF2 more again.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yoikes. Those darn gypsy's can dance!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2dMk-vMWS8&feature=related

Lly on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    EDIT: Shit, nvm; Rules.

Tam on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Hehe, what did you post?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ROMZ

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hehe, what did you post?

A remark about the theft of neonates.

Tam on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm hungry.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    IM GOING TO TACOBELL IN AN HOUR! YIPEE!

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    Alright, you fuckers.

I shouldn't have to say this, but apparently some people are just determined to be utter jackasses:

OATMEAL GOES IN A BOWL.

It does not go in a CUP. It does NOT go in a MUG. IT DOES NOT GO IN A GLASS.

You are not supposed to DRINK it.

It is a MEAL. HENCE, "OAT"-"MEAL". If it is primarily liquid, it is NOT OATMEAL. If that was how it was meant to be consumed it would be called OATBEVERAGE. I can't help but notice THAT THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

Oh, you're on "THE GO"? You need something QUICK? GO FUCK YOURSELF! I SEE YOU PUTTING IT IN THE MICROWAVE. You have ALREADY COMMITTED TIME to the act, GO ALL THE WAY MAN! Spend the extra couple of minutes to get it to the proper semi-solid gooey consistency that GOD INTENDED. If you can't spend the time to do it right, if it is not WORTHY of a SPOON, just eat normal cereal out of the box or a granola bar or some shit and stop bringing shame to yourself and your family.

Do you spend your Saturday mornings whipping up a big batch of pancake batter then just decide "FUCK IT" and have at your mixing bowl like a pig to the trough? Do you hold barbeques where you only cook one side of the burger, and serve it unadorned on a single piece of Wonder Bread? NO BECAUSE AT SOME POINT YOU MUST HAVE HAD A SENSE OF DECENCY AND FRANKLY I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THE FUCK IT HAS GONE, YOU REALLY OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER GODDAMMIT.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I feel the same way, bacon. I read the directions on the quick-oatmeal bags, and then proceed to half the amount of water I put in, and double the amount of sugar (the second part is because I am a child and I like my oats to have flavors).

Oatmeal isn't supposed to feel like fucking soggy cereal in your mouth.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Man, when I make oatmeal it's almost impossible to eat without a spoon. Eff that runny noise.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hang on a sec, Just hang on a fucking sec...........now what about my oatmeal enema?
    Is it still cool?
    Will I have to take it 'underground' in future?

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Man, when I make oatmeal it's almost impossible to eat without a spoon. Eff that runny noise.
    My oatmeal is thicker than yours.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    CapnMango wrote: »
    My oatmeal is thicker than yours.
    He could teach you but he'd have to charge.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    holy fuck
    so today i moved into a new place
    and i have to leave
    like... asap

most of the people i live with are pretty awesome
    but this one dude is probably the most obnoxious guy i've ever met. it's 3:45am on a tuesday (i work 9-5) and he's drunk in the living room being fucking absurdly loud
    he chain smokes in the house
    has some sort of drug problem
    i've known him for less than half a day and he's already asked me to drive him to get drugs

the place is an absolutely disgusting mess
    i found mouse poop in a drawer in the kitchen
    as well as a rotten egg in the sink

they assure me it's because said crazy roomie had a bunch of his friends over and they trashed the place

seriously... i so fucking need out of here i don't even know what to do, i'm in terrible pain from moving, i need to be up to work in three hours and i really just feel like i'm about to cry :(

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Better to get out ASAP, fuckers like that will ruin your life. I'm living across from a drunk at the moment, the prick slashed my tyres a few months back because I wouldn't drive him to get beer, unf I couldn't prove it so he gots away with it. Me and the other half are trawling for a new pad at the moment.

Mustang on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The way I see it the oatmeal should have the consistency to solidify around your spoon if left unattended

edit: Yeah it really sucks when you get a roomate like that, personally unless that guy is leaving soon its best to get out of the situation then to deal with that sort of mess.

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh man, there are no words to describe how bad I feel for you right now, beavo.

Knock the guy out, blindfold him, and throw him in a dumpster at least 10 miles from where you are. Maybe he'll wake up and think he's homeless.

It worked for me. I tried it last year, and I haven't seen my infant cousin since. Then again, he was an infant.

Oh shit.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wow, that's incredibly shitty.

Here's how it's going to be:

You move out now into a new place as fast as you can and hope that your luck turns sunny-side up. Or, you try and give them the benefit of the doubt and it works out. Or, and this is the way I really see it going, you give them the benefit of the doubt, nothing changes, and you get made into "the bitchy roommate," because you tell them all not to be slobs and to shut up so you can sleep.

I wish you the best of luck. My roommate is a bit of a bum, but she pays the rent on time and kind of keeps to herself, so whatever.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well if the rest of them get annoyed by him too why don't you suggest they kick the ass out. Can't be good for anyone to have him stay. Although actually kicking people out of a rented flat can be pretty tricky, at least it is in the uk. So many regulations and whatnot.

I assume this outmeal you are talking about is what the proper tongue refers to as "porridge"? In which case i totally agree. The thicker the better! Ready Brek however, I like sloppy.

Lly on
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My last two roomates were these twins in the dirtiest frat on campus. It was four of us, including some other guy who ended up becoming a depledge. Ne ways, the twins would have parties at our place all the time, which I didn't mind at first - until i would find bloody condoms in my bathroom, vomit in the kitchen, random people passed out all over the living room, waking up in the morning in my bed to find a couple sleeping next to me (they were clothed, thank god), floors so sticky you couldn't walk on them, my depledge roomate would get the shit kicked out of him by the other frat guys who pissed off he quit, resulting in furniture being destroyed, including my samsung hdtv, and having to clean up my roomate's girlfriend's dogshit off the carpet...after a year of this hot mess one of the twins gets involved in sports betting, racked up some massive debt, and resulted to stealing my Identity and thus destroying my credit. I ended up having to get my dad's lawyer and the police department to turn their and their families lives upside before I was handed a big fat check...a process that would become the longest month of life yet the worst one for theirs.

In the end, their dad, a professor lost his tenure because of harassment charges, the twins dropped out of school and are living with their parents, and I'm still in therapy after the whole ordeal.

Yeah, I'm done with roomates

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Holy fuck Mykonos ... that sounds terrible. Makes my previous flat troubles seem almost rosy.

Lly on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    yeah holy shit dude, I'm moving at the end of the summer closer to campus and I really hate the idea of getting some random ass roomate like that. Thats some crazy shit. Up until now I've always been living with people I knew already.

Veritas on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That's messed up Mykonos, seriously. Horrible. Also Beavo, :( sounds like moving out is the thing to do, sucks though.

I'm so glad my housemates at college were pretty normal. The guy who was least normal was nothing compared to the things you guys are describing.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Damn, beavo, you and Mykonos have had some pretty godawful roommate experiences there, that's for sure. Hope that turns out okay D:

Meanwhile my bank is sending me out a fraud claim form because it looks like some fuck nicked a couple hundred quid from my account by cloning my debit card. Which is just what underpaid copy-editors need to brighten their days.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
This discussion has been closed.