As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT]urday! In the park! Musta been the fourth of July!

Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Artist's Corner
CTA, represent!

It spring time!

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
Forbe! on

• MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What a terrible fucking title. You screwed it up, Forbe.

Mangoes on
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    CapnMango wrote: »
    What a terrible fucking title. You screwed it up, Forbe.

Your mother and I are so dissapointed.

multimoog on
    edited April 2008
    I'll get the belt.

Mangoes on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My copywriter keeps using the materials on my desk. It annoys the hell out of me. She has pens on her own desk, why does she need to come to mine to sign things??? But what's especially annoying is that she uses my stapler (which has my name on it, btw). Every time she comes over to staple, it's like she's trying to make as much noise as possible.

*SHUFFLE-SHUFFLE-GRAB-CLICK-CLACK-CLICK-CLACK-PUT-SHUFFLE-SHUFFLE*

I want to discreetly tell her that she needs to stop comming to my desk to use stuff.

MagicToaster on
    edited April 2008
    My copywriter keeps using the materials on my desk. It annoys the hell out of me. She has pens on her own desk, why does she need to come to mine to sign things??? But what's especially annoying is that she uses my stapler (which has my name on it, btw). Every time she comes over to staple, it's like she's trying to make as much noise as possible.

*SHUFFLE-SHUFFLE-GRAB-CLICK-CLACK-CLICK-CLACK-PUT-SHUFFLE-SHUFFLE*

I want to discreetly tell her that she needs to stop comming to my desk to use stuff.

Just tell her it's really distracting, and ask her if she needs anything for her own desk. Then direct her to the supplies closet to get a stapler. Suggest it would be more convenient for HER if she didn't have to keep getting up to come over. Unless she liiiiikes youuuuu!

My cube-mate is insufferable. He's been sick in one form or another since I started here last October, and he coughs/hacks/gags really loudly nonstop all fucking day. At first I was considerate and asked him if it was something a doctor could clear up, and he said he keeps "forgetting to go" to one. I spoke to him about it several more times. So now it's just a matter of not having any consideration for the people around him. He's a fucking disgusting monster, and one day I will kick him in the back of the head.

multimoog on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Poor capitalization.

What sort of stapler are we talking MT?

Alright, I'll admit that I use DA. I have a fellow telling me that my critique was invalid because his lighting "set the mood," and "the model needs to breath." That he had intended the photo to be the way that it is.

I told him that intention is irrelevant, that his lighting needs to be fixed because of the horrible grain at ISO 800, and that the cropping is so wrong that you lose almost all expression.

All I hear is "No! I'm perfect and so is everything I do! Everyone look at me! Give me attention and Favs!"

I'm not sure why I'm posting this. I think it's an MIRITE!? situation.

Uncle Long on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's a regular stapler, Uncle Long. Nothing remarkable about it.
    multimoog wrote: »
    Unless she liiiiikes youuuuu!

You know, I think this might be it. She talks to me non-stop, asks me everything: How I am, what I did, what I'm thinking, How I feel. It's really annoying! She's always looking at what I eat.

-Co-worker - "Hey Toaster, you want some salad, I'm gonna get some for lunch?"
    -Copywriter - "No, he doesn't eat salads" *CLICK-CLACK*
    -Toaster - "...I hate you..."

MagicToaster on
    edited April 2008
    What, like a Swingline or something? Those are nice.

Uncle Long on
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Are we seriously discussing types of stapler?! Also thread title loses.

Lly on
    edited April 2008
    -Co-worker - "Hey Toaster, you want some salad, I'm gonna get some for lunch?"
    -Copywriter - "No, he doesn't eat salads" *CLICK-CLACK*
    -Toaster - "...I hate you..."

That sounds kind of creepy and obsessive, yes. But more disturbing, are you letting this woman salad-block you? Is her interfering not letting you partake of salads that you normally would? If so, you need to start speaking up for your lunch.

multimoog on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I approve of this thread title!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited April 2008
    Lly wrote: »
    Are we seriously discussing types of stapler?! Also thread title loses.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm the one discussing staplers. I don't know about the rest of you.

Also, today is the day after deadline, so killing time at work may lead to stapler discussion.

Uncle Long on
    edited April 2008
    I like red ones personally.

Lly on
    edited April 2008
    What if you prefer paperclips? I stapled my lip once, and have no desire to go there again.

multimoog on
    edited April 2008
    Unless intentionally, how on earth does one do that, moogs?

Mangoes on
    edited April 2008
    I was too afraid to ask.

Lly on
    edited April 2008
    Are you kidding? Paperclips are easy to use. You just slip them over the paper.

Reals: it wasn't intentional. I was hanging out with some friends and had a stapler in my room, and was kind of absentmindedly touching it against my lower lip. I won't deny or confirm that substances were involved/consumed. You want to know what hurts? Getting a staple in your lip. Oddly enough, at a later time I got my lower lip pierced, like intentionally. Go fig.

multimoog on
    edited April 2008
    Yes, now tell us about how the staple/lip combination came about.

Mangoes on
    edited April 2008
    Grifter is trying to get me to post as "The Golden Whore". He says this account will be locked up soon.

Fuck that shit.

Mangoes on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Mango, you'd better put on your whore costume or you're going to regret it, mate. I haven't abused my mod powers in a while now but believe me when I say that I can be quite devious when I feel like it.

Grifter on
    edited April 2008
    GUYS PLEASE SAVE ME!

Mangoes on
    edited April 2008
    It also helps that Cardboard Tube is very mischievous and will jump on board with any plan that I have in store for you, as well. You can either put on your costume or I could just have Tube change your current name to something even more hilarious. And I might just create a new avatar and sig for you that you won't be able to change.

Actually, you know what? That's a great idea. Don't bother logging into your whore costume. I'll get Tube to sort it all out.

Grifter on
    edited April 2008
    Wow, you're a little bitch, aren't ya?

Why on earth would you do such a mean thing? You bored? Nothing good on TV?

Mangoes on
  • NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hey, at you least you didn't have to deal with NeoBurritoXIII.

That shit was ridiculous.

NeoRedXIII on
    edited April 2008
    I'm a little bitch? You do realize that you're just digging yourself a bigger hole, right?

Grifter on
    edited April 2008
    Ha, if I'm forced to look like a fucking clown it's not like I'm going to post here anymore. I can't dig any deeper than that.

Mangoes on
    edited April 2008
    Sounds like someone needs some fwench cwies and a wahmburger.

NeoRedXIII on
    edited April 2008
    I just find it utterly ridiculous that you can get your shit ruined here for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I don't get some stupid ass inside joke, I post last on page 49, and now I get a PM saying I have to be the Golden Whore? What the fuck?

It's not like anyone here even noticed a fucking thing I said anyways.

Mangoes on
    edited April 2008
    How is "Golden Whore" any clownier than "Cap'n Mango: Captain and Fruit"? You've preemptively called yourself fruity. At least when you're a Whore you'll get paid for your gloryhole shenanigans.

multimoog on
    edited April 2008
    It's not just the name. It's the idea that I would be forced to wear it for no goddamned reason.

I would always try to be a fucking goody-two-shoes so I wouldn't get infracted, or even fussed at. Sometimes I would get halfway done with a post and just erase it because I thought that someone would misunderstand me.

And now I'm the butt of a stupid fucking joke.

Mangoes on
    edited April 2008
    CapnMango wrote: »
    stupid fucking joke.

That's all it is. And this is only a forum. It helps to have a sense of humor about it.

multimoog on
    edited April 2008

It's all in fun.

NeoRedXIII on
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, well I assume it's a bit late for that.

Besides, if it was something that had anything remotely to do with my current name, it'd be one thing. But I'm sure most of you have a hard enough time recognizing me without a different name.

And I'm not some SE++ asshole. I only post in the AC. After I first posted in SE++, I stayed away from that shit in fear of something like this happening.

Mangoes on
    edited April 2008
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that this is funnier than the original joke.

Uncle Long on
    edited April 2008
    AHMAHGAD the mods have gone berserk!

Anyone used FlashDevelop before? Just installing it now. Apparently it kicks the Adobe Flash CS3 IDE right in the crotch then pees on it. I am hopeful!

Lly on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    hey! I'm not an asshole. :(

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited April 2008
    No, not you. The other ones.

Mangoes on
  • The Golden WhoreThe Golden Whore Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Grifter, these pants are fucking tight, man.

In the hot way.

The Golden Whore on
    edited April 2008
    The Golden Whore requires an avatar. This is the AC. Do something amazing.

Uncle Long on
  • The Golden WhoreThe Golden Whore Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The name is damn awesome.

I imagined some high-larious comics coming from this name and I giggled, then I saw where you were coming from.

Thank you for opening my eyes.

The Golden Whore on
This discussion has been closed.