As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dofus] 450k subscribers, take a look.

2»

• Options
    TurnpikeLadTurnpikeLad Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've got a level 40 Enutrof named Snorri sitting around from when SA was playing a bit. I'd love to group with you guys if that's ok.

TurnpikeLad on
  • Options
    King Boo HooKing Boo Hoo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've got a level 40 Enutrof named Snorri sitting around from when SA was playing a bit. I'd love to group with you guys if that's ok.

My room-mate and I are level 19, so you'll have to give us a bit of time to catch up... on the bright side we took down a level 46 fight so we're almost on par with you on your own!

King Boo Hoo on
  • Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

My room-mate and I are level 19, so you'll have to give us a bit of time to catch up... on the bright side we took down a level 46 fight so we're almost on par with you on your own!

Not true. My level 40 enutrof could take down level 230ish groups, mostly blops.

Thor1590 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thor1590 wrote: »

Not true. My level 40 enutrof could take down level 230ish groups, mostly blops.

Wait, what? How?
    I tried to solo a level 15 Dandelion as a level 18 Sadida. I do like 25 damage per hit, have 58 HP. He did the same attack, for 25 damage per hit, but had 150 HP... so the fight ended pretty poorly for me.
    Am I doing something incredibly wrong?

King Boo Hoo on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm rolling a Osamodas myself, after abandoning the Ecaflip (either I was playing the class wrong or it has the most self-defeating abilities EVER. How the hell is a move that does 1->X damage, then heals them for 1->X-1 supposed to be useful?). I summon little animals to fight and die for me as I sit back and hum Pokemon songs.

Glal on
  • Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thor1590 wrote: »

Wait, what? How?
    I tried to solo a level 15 Dandelion as a level 18 Sadida. I do like 25 damage per hit, have 58 HP. He did the same attack, for 25 damage per hit, but had 150 HP... so the fight ended pretty poorly for me.
    Am I doing something incredibly wrong?

Not all monsters are as tough as their level, or some have certain attacks you can position yourself around. Blops have like 200% weakness to one element, and their attacks only work through glyph damage. Now, if there are enough of them, they can reduce your mp to where you can't get out of the blyph, and you will be raped. However, before this, they are easy pickins. Likewise ,the little guys around them are relatively easy to take out. Essentially a free 30k exp.

Thor1590 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Also Enutrofs get three attacks a round after level 26. I can do around 70 damage a round right now - probably not as good as the other guy with a level 40 enu, but that's because of gear.

TurnpikeLad on
  • Options
    ArchegarArchegar Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    I'm rolling a Osamodas myself, after abandoning the Ecaflip (either I was playing the class wrong or it has the most self-defeating abilities EVER. How the hell is a move that does 1->X damage, then heals them for 1->X-1 supposed to be useful?). I summon little animals to fight and die for me as I sit back and hum Pokemon songs.
    Well, the spell you are talking about is neutral/earth damage, then healing. Neutral and earth damage are affected by strengh, so more strength means more damage. the healing portion, however, is affected by intel. so little to no intel means low healings. Thus, earth based ecaflips CAN in fact do damage with this spell ^^.

Archegar on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ooh, so that's how the stat bonuses work. Makes sense. Also means the spell is useless at lower levels though. :|

Glal on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Just felt like giving some sort of an update as to my experiences in Dofus.
    I've been playing for over a month now, fairly casually, mostly with IRL friends. I got 2 friends to subscribe with me, and we're now playing a level 25 Sadida, level 25 Osamodas, and 19 Iop (he joined later).

The game continues to be fun, and the fights just get progressively more interesting as the number of players increases and the level of monsters increases.
    There's all sorts of tactics we try to implement, both on a micro scale of 'How do I hit this monster and then not get hit when it becomes his turn' (because our characters all have crazy low health compared to the monsters, and the damage is comparable). And also, there's tactics on a more macro scale, from something as simple as 'you send your tank pet to keep him at bay and i'll root this other guy and then we'll take on the little mobs' to slightly more intricate maneuvers, like:
    We're fighting a ton of monsters, and one of the big heavy hitting guys finally got right next to me, and he has 40 health left. It's my turn. On a newbie level, I'd just turn and hit that guy because hell, he's right next to me. However, I know the Iop in the group's spells and I know that he 1. gets to go before the monster gets another turn, 2. can reach the monster, 3. can reach no other monster if I kill this one this turn. So now instead of nuking the monster, I summon a 'Sacrificial Doll', in such a position that it would take less moves for him to reach another mob than walk all the way around me to finish the one next to me. The doll then gets his move, marches over, blows himself up, and kills another mob.
    Sorry if that was a little intricate but I was trying to give a sense of how combat gets fun and interesting.

We started doing dungeon runs, which is really fun because of how dungeons are set up and how players interact in this community. A dungeon is in reality a set of 10-15 rooms where you fight the group of monsters in a room, then get teleported to the next room where you can rest and start the next fight. Other players get teleported to the exact same room with you, so you can progress through rooms as far as you think you can make it and then team up with other players. This is aided by the exp system where I can have a level 80 join my group of level 20s and ALL of us will still get good exp at the end of the fight. And the people are very nice so we routinely have level 100's help us through the last couple rooms.

Because of dungeon runs we started getting gear and this is interesting too. At least 50% of the gear belongs to some set or other, there's like 50 or more sets around. And even having 2 items to a set gives you bonuses. So I had 4 items to the set that drops in the dungeon we're running but was wearing only 3 because the set bonus was better if I could keep some items of another set on too. Once I got a 5th item, the 5 item set bonus was huge so I equipped all 5 items.
    Sets provide you with everything from stats, to increase in spell range, number of summonable pets, movement points and ability points.
    In a couple runs I should get the last pieces of this set and then I'll have 7ap, enough to cast several major spells per turn.
    Speaking of which, the spells get increasingly cooler and every dungeon run gives each of us like half a level a run, which is pretty good since runs can take anywhere from 15 minutes (if a high level who is speed running is helping us) to at most like 45 min if we need to wait in one of the final rooms for someone to come by and help us finish.

On top of this sort of stuff, there's still crafting and pvp and guilds and guild vs guild pvp and even faction vs faction pvp, but we haven't gotten to exploring all these things yet. I'm playing fairly casually and enjoying it, which is amazing given that I'm usually a hardcore gamer that burns out quickly. I think there's just something about casting little black dolls with ninja headbands that make cute squeaky noises before they blow themselves up that stops me from taking this game too seriously and getting hardcore involved in numbers and stats and such.

So I reiterate once more, really fun game, really cheap subscription. In fact, since I sometimes play all 3 characters at once (low system requirements per instance of Dofus) I've learned playing several characters at once is exponentially more fun and if I were doing this alone I'd probably subscribe twice and play 2 characters at once. But that's just me, so you can just download the free version and run 2 instances of it and see if you like it too. Just don't think the game is too simple or whatnot at level 5 when your stats and gear don't matter, your spells are limited and boring, and the monsters are dumb and easy. :-)

King Boo Hoo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think I might buy a month and stop by for a bit soon. What's your character's name?

TurnpikeLad on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think I might buy a month and stop by for a bit soon. What's your character's name?

Aw... well, I'm about to leave for a trip to Europe for a month so I won't be on unless my two friends play my character.
    But, good chance they will. I'm Treetux, my friends are Lophophora and Medvedev. I think we're on Rosal server, or whatever the "recommended" one is.
    But hey, good of you to try it :-D

King Boo Hoo on