As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT]urday! In the park! Musta been the fourth of July!

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    C'mon Mango, it's just a game. Though, it would be fun if from here on the person that post last on page 49 gets to be the GH with a ridiculous title.

MagicToaster on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    There's a good sport.

Now, if you like you can even make the new Golden Whore trophy and design the avatar and sig. I'll understand if you don't want to do that and just sort that out myself, though.

Grifter on
  • The Golden WhoreThe Golden Whore Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm not very good at painting shiny things, but I may give it a whirl. You may want a backup plan just in case it looks like turd.

The Golden Whore on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    CapnMango wrote: »
    What a terrible fucking title. You screwed it up, Forbe.

D:

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Grifter wrote: »
    Golden Whore trophy

NSFW?

multimoog on
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wait who was golden whore before he was captain mango?

Lly on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    You know, I like Spielberg.

I like Ghost in the Shell.

But this I am really wary about. It might be one thing if Spielberg were going to direct it himself (even though that I wouldn't really single him out as the best director possible for the material, there'd still be a good 56-75% chance of it coming out at least halfway decently), but that doesn't look to be the case so it's probably going to be some jackass instead.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited April 2008
    We haven't had a golden whore in the AC in a long time. In fact the old Golden Whore account had been deleted since it was inactive for so long. I had to make a new one.

Grifter on
  • NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Does anyone know of a particularly fun free game, especially for the mac?

NeoRedXIII on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    You know, I like Spielberg.

I like Ghost in the Shell.

But this I am really wary about. It might be one thing if Spielberg were going to direct it himself (even though that I wouldn't really single him out as the best director possible for the material, there'd still be a good 56-75% chance of it coming out at least halfway decently), but that doesn't look to be the case so it's probably going to be some jackass instead.
    They're most likely going to make a film of the original stories, not the SAC universe, which I'm not too excited about. I thought GitS 2 was the better of the two, but that's probably because it was more Batou centric.

I'd rather have the whole group dynamic of SAC then the Major/Batou partner type stuff. Oh and Tachikomas!

bombardier on
    edited April 2008
    N is great, and it's a downloadable flash game so works on any platform.

Lly on
    edited April 2008
    NeoRedXIII wrote: »

Grid Wars. It's a Geometry Wars clone, so you should have a gamepad.
    Then again, you should already have a gamepad for emulation. Secret of Mana and Crono Trigger are still fun fun fun. But don't ask, 'cause I won't tell.

multimoog on
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Veritas on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So this guy at work saw my sketchbook and started flipping through it and asked me to draw a superhero tee shirt for him to sell through his company.

First off, I'm not that comfortable with my art skills. Those that know me know that I can draw, but I wouldn't say I can draw Tee Shirt well.

Second, even if I take this, and use good reference, and spend a week inking and reinking to make the pic look good, I have no idea what to charge. He's kind of small time, but I don't want to get hosed if he sells a thousand of these things either.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited April 2008
    Veritas wrote: »

NSFAnyone who hates Paris Hilton really.
    fap fap fap

Lly on
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Okie dokie. I'm in photoshop, and I need to save one of my images for the web. So I try and do that and it own't even let me click on it (It has the faded grey-ness to it so you know you can't click it)..and I duno why I need to upload this picture to dream weaver . Help plz??

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited April 2008
    So this guy at work saw my sketchbook and started flipping through it and asked me to draw a superhero tee shirt for him to sell through his company.

First off, I'm not that comfortable with my art skills. Those that know me know that I can draw, but I wouldn't say I can draw Tee Shirt well.

Second, even if I take this, and use good reference, and spend a week inking and reinking to make the pic look good, I have no idea what to charge. He's kind of small time, but I don't want to get hosed if he sells a thousand of these things either.

Ask for a profit sharing deal. Take a percentage of the t-shirt sales and offer a meager initial fee for your design.

Grifter on
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Work out how long you expect it to take you and how much you think you should be compensated for per hour and give him a quote + a percentage of sales. As you're starting out I would charge your expected time and not the actually time if you think it might take multiple attempts to get the image correct.

Veritas on
    edited April 2008
    multimoog wrote: »

Then again, you should already have a gamepad for emulation. Secret of Mana and Crono Trigger are still fun fun fun. But don't ask, 'cause I won't tell.

I think I've seen some of my friends playing that. *trying it out*

NeoRedXIII on
  • PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wow, chat threads move quick nowadays. Last time I checked y'all were barely over the hill with the last one.

So I've found that I actually can hyperfocus more effectively on my work while buzzing on my pain meds. Is this something I should probably be worried about in the long run?

PeterAndCompany on
    edited April 2008
    multimoog wrote: »

I think I've seen some of my friends playing that. *trying it out*

OohOohOoh, also, Cave Story - I love that game SEWWWW much. It's kind of incredible that it's free.

multimoog on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wuts the cave story?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited April 2008
    G:winky::winky:GLE

multimoog on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I may have asked this before, but is anyone going to Stumptown Comics fest?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Finally got my copy of Anatomy for The Artist, two weeks after I ordered it. It's huge and pretty intimidating. Especially because everyone is in peak physical condition and it makes me feel out of shape. :( And also because I realize how much work it's going to be to draw humans decently.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Is the rule for making the new doodle thread the same as the chat thread?

Tam on
    edited April 2008
    Tam wrote: »

Depends on how the mod mod who's online is feeling.

Grifter on
    edited April 2008
    I am eating a delicious bowl of oatmeal right now.

It's so thick that when you scoop a bite, it picks up almost all of the contents in the bowl.

The Golden Whore on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Grifter wrote: »
    Tam wrote: »

Depends on how the mod mod who's online is feeling.

Can I make the next one? Please?

Tam on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    If you can think up a name that incorporates 'doodle' that hasn't been used before.

I was pretty proud of the last one's name.

bombardier on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Finally got my copy of Anatomy for The Artist, two weeks after I ordered it. It's huge and pretty intimidating
    Unfortunately they are a necessary evil....very very intimidating though.

Mustang on
    edited April 2008
    Once again my ventures into SE++ have left me to believe that unless you have been a member for at least 2 years, you should only watch from afar.

My god.

It's the most [un]structured forum on the face of the earth. You have to know everything and nothing at the same time.

The Golden Whore on
    edited April 2008
    I'm so good at SE++. I make them love me by letting them hate me.

Edit: The key is to constantly be on IRC channels and chatting.

NeoRedXIII on
    edited April 2008
    I thought only mods make doodle threads.

NeoRedXIII on
    edited April 2008
    I could never find the IRC channels, because IRC is under 4 characters.

The Golden Whore on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Moog, I added you to my Myspace, also, I stole your song.

MagicToaster on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    Finally got my copy of Anatomy for The Artist, two weeks after I ordered it. It's huge and pretty intimidating
    Unfortunately they are a necessary evil....very very intimidating though.

I just thumbed through it because I couldn't bring myself to read all of the text and even hope to understand some of it. The two artistic anatomy books I picked up from the library before I got this one was like preschool in comparison. Hold me.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited April 2008
    Girls that ask for so many favors are the suck. I don't think I want to even be friends with a girl that needs me to walk to the other end of campus to move her car. Who the fuck gets scared from that?

NeoRedXIII on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Girls that ask for so many favors are the suck. I don't think I want to even be friends with a girl that needs me to walk to the other end of campus to move her car. Who the fuck gets scared from that?

Was it night-time?

Prospicience on
    edited April 2008
    Did she offer you MBOS™?

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.