As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This week's moments: 4/16/08

Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
edited April 2008 in Graphic Violence
I've barely touched my stack, but so far it's a tie between the Dresden Files mini starting this week, and Ghost Rider:
Is that another man on a motorcycle, who happens to know Johnny?

Me Too! on

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Countdown #2.....
    Darkseid dies?!? :(

I hate this series so much.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The ending to Incredible Hercules...
    Athena holding a skrull's severed head.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    The ending to Incredible Hercules...
    Athena holding a skrull's severed head.

Athena needs a goddamn Mini.

Transporter on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Next Issue!!!
    nanananananananana
    God Squad!

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ok, I already posted it in Countdown thread but here we go...

Imagine Chrsler building sized Jimmy olsen and Darkseid fighting at the background. Destroying half of the city..
    http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3422/awesomemd7.jpg

God I cant wait for this countdown crap to end...

Dreamon on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2008
    You do know what awesome means, right?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, the reporter doesn't mean "awesome" in the "totally sweet, dude!" sense, but rather, "extraordinary" or even "awe-inspiring."

Though, the line is still a little off-sounding.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ofcourse I know the meaning of awesome but still even that "awesome" is not fitting into this place...

Ok New moment of the week then. Guess who is back: ( From Captain America #37)
    capsr4.jpg

Dreamon on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    WTF moment of the week for me, coming from Avengers: The Initiative #11, concerning War Machine's status after the events in the preview.
    2rp79fm.jpg

What the hell happened to James Rhodes? Is he really wearing just a new War Machine armor or..?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    When was the last time we saw War Machine, prior to the Initiative? What was his status?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    MotW(eak) my shop not having the new Noble Causes.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Either Rhodey got really fucked up in that Sentinel O.N.E. thing last year, or that's a new look Deathlok.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    MustNotClickOnCapSpoilerMustNotClickOnCapSpoilerMustNotClickOnCapSpoilerD:

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So far for me, from Annihilation Conquest #6
    "Ultron-phalanx! You face the wrath of your parent race! And we are not pleased!"

Warlock is great, I also like later on when Adam Warlock said to him "Just keep fighting my namesake!" before fighting the giant Ultron.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Conquest 6 is fucking glorious.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Dreamon wrote: »
    Ofcourse I know the meaning of awesome but still even that "awesome" is not fitting into this place...

capsr4.jpg

oh man what's that about

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think I'll go with Anole elbowing Northstar in the face.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Servo wrote: »

capsr4.jpg

oh man what's that about

Crazy 1950s Captain America replacement that was also the Grand Director and is bugfuck crazy.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Double sized Iron Man was pretty awesome.
    SHIELD locked down the UN after they fired Tony and tried to have him arrested. He then went to China and ripped all five of the Mandarin's rings out of his spine. Then he cut off his own heel to do some science hullabaloo to the airborne extremis that saved the day. Badass.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SA wrote: »
    Double sized Iron Man was pretty awesome.
    SHIELD locked down the UN after they fired Tony and tried to have him arrested. He then went to China and ripped all five of the Mandarin's rings out of his spine. Then he cut off his own heel to do some science hullabaloo to the airborne extremis that saved the day. Badass.

Came here to post this, Iron Man was fucking brutal today. I loved every minute of it.
    He ripped the rings right out of his damn spine!!!!!!!!!!!

smokmnky on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Conquest was pretty cool.
    Nova wound up saving everyone after all! Woo!

Also cool was Avengers:Initiative #11 (although the cover looks ridiculous). I really like the art in this book, and a lot of the characters. I should have been picking it up regularly.

Warbound #5 sucked.
    They killed and revived Hiroim like 7 times in this series, and they finally made it stick in the end? Damn it! He was my favorite Warbound.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Servo wrote: »

capsr4.jpg

oh man what's that about
    It's Steve, seems Red Skull ressurected him in one way or another.

Dreamon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I've also decided that Zeb Wells is a great Spidey writer. He and Slott are vying for the number one spot on the Spidey lineup.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Pigeons From Hell was a great read.

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    I've also decided that Zeb Wells is a great Spidey writer. He and Slott are vying for the number one spot on the Spidey lineup.

Wells wins, hands down
    This is exactly what the book needed after last month

On that note, the end of Spidey was awesome
    Giving Vern his last twenty bucks, it just makes you feel good inside to read it

Me Too! on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

That was a great moment... and I love Northstar.

The whole issue was great... and it makes you realize just how much ending the X-Men let a lot of people down.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    I've barely touched my stack, but so far it's a tie between the Dresden Files mini starting this week, and Ghost Rider:
    For some reason I assumed it's going to turn out be Vengeance, rather than Danny. Either way it's gonna be a pretty awesome showdown.

Also what the hell is with all the people talki about Cap and no one mentioning
    "Cap! Watch out for the internet!"

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Sentry wrote: »

The whole issue was great... and it makes you realize just how much ending the X-Men let a lot of people down.

Man, for real. Nightcrawler's story actually felt out of place after reading the first four stories. I really, really hope that the X writers do something with Nezhno, Hellion, and Anole, because their outlooks on the dissolution of the X-Men are pretty powerful to me.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Man, for real. Nightcrawler's story actually felt out of place after reading the first four stories. I really, really hope that the X writers do something with Nezhno, Hellion, and Anole, because their outlooks on the dissolution of the X-Men are pretty powerful to me.

Nightcrawler's story felt out of place because he came across as a complete psychopath.

also: Is Wakanda usually portrayed as being as insanely xenophobic as it was in Nezhno's story?

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Nightcrawler's story felt out of place because he came across as a complete psychopath.

also: Is Wakanda usually portrayed as being as insanely xenophobic as it was in Nezhno's story?

Mask can answer better then I, but every time I've seen Wakanda portrayed, it's been entirely xenophobic.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, Wakandans aren't very fond of foreigners. This is the most extreme case of it I've seen portrayed, though. I was even more surprised to learn that mutants are tolerated in Wakanda, and that their problem with Nezhno was because his dad was Russian.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't see why Anole, Hellion, and Nehzno just say "fuck it" and start calling themselves the X-Men whilst going out and fighting crime. They can live in Anole's treehouse. I'd buy it.

edit: Also, was the implication in the Nehzno story that the father is
    Colossus?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't see why Anole, Hellion, and Nehzno just say "fuck it" and start calling themselves the X-Men whilst going out and fighting crime. They can live in Anole's treehouse. I'd buy it.

edit: Also, was the implication in the Nehzno story that the father is
    Colossus?

Didn't look like him in the picture.

Russian mutants has to be a short list too, so I doubt it's anyone we've seen before.

P.S. I like the idea of slice of life mutant stories far better than three or four mutant superhero teams that spend the majority of their time just doing stand superhero shit.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Batman and the Outsiders gets my MOTW for actually progressing the story and cementing it down as something I want to continue reading.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    For some reason I assumed it's going to turn out be Vengeance, rather than Danny. Either way it's gonna be a pretty awesome showdown.

GR:
    Something tells me it's Danny, since Vengeance never really called himself Ghost Rider, as far as I know. Plus, people have been asking "where's Danny" since the book started. This is going to be glorious

Me Too! on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

GR:
    Something tells me it's Danny, since Vengeance never really called himself Ghost Rider, as far as I know. Plus, people have been asking "where's Danny" since the book started. This is going to be glorious
    There was a period in the 90s run when Danny died or went missing and Vengeance took his place.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    How is the new GHOST RIDER series, fellas? I'm curious. If you guys think it's decent, I'll probably check it out.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ghost Rider has gotten a lot better with the new team
    Also
    I didn't mean that Vegeance didn't operate in the place of a Rider. I meant that Vengeance didn't use the name Ghost Rider, pretty sure he was always referred to as Vengeance. I could be wrong, though.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ghost Rider has gotten a lot better with the new team
    Also
    I didn't mean that Vegeance didn't operate in the place of a Rider. I meant that Vengeance didn't use the name Ghost Rider, pretty sure he was always referred to as Vengeance. I could be wrong, though.

No, I think you're right.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    How is the new GHOST RIDER series, fellas? I'm curious. If you guys think it's decent, I'll probably check it out.

Jason Aaron's Ghost Rider is super schlocky fun.

If you think Ghost Rider fighting a troop of gun toting nurses and also pirate ghost cannibals sounds awesome then you will enjoy it.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]