As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A PAX Dilema

SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in PAX Archive
I get paid on the 15th and after bills I will have enough to reserve either a hotel room at the Sheraton or Amtrak tickets from LA.....

Experienced PAX'rs, I ask you, which is more likely to sell out first?

Sakebomb on

• s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sheraton....if it is not sold out yet...

s7arbuck on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    The Sheraton (and other PAX hotels, I believe) do not charge anything to place a reservation. They put a hold on your card at check-in and complete the charge at check-out.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    The Sheraton (and other PAX hotels, I believe) do not charge anything to place a reservation. They put a hold on your card at check-in and complete the charge at check-out.

Got a negative on that one ghostrider. Just called the Sheraton, the lady said its charged at booking...although she didnt sound too sure.

4 more days til payday

Sakebomb on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Sakebomb wrote: »

Got a negative on that one ghostrider. Just called the Sheraton, the lady said its charged at booking...although she didnt sound too sure.

4 more days til payday

You need to call them again, because I booked months ago and didn't get charged at booking, and I'm sure none of the people on this forum were charged at booking. If you get somebody telling you that again, ask for the manager-on-duty.

edit: I just called myself and talked to somebody in reservations and they just told me they "charge on check-out"

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Good show! Thanks Moe.

Room reserved, one step closer to PAX

Sakebomb on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I get paid on the 15th and after bills I will have enough to reserve either a hotel room at the Sheraton or Amtrak tickets from LA.....

Experienced PAX'rs, I ask you, which is more likely to sell out first?

I know this was posted about a week ago but I just booked at the Sheraton yesterday and Got the pax rate for the first 2 nights but had to pay the full rate for the last one. So I believe the Sheraton is mostly sold out.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008

4 more days til payday

You need to call them again, because I booked months ago and didn't get charged at booking, and I'm sure none of the people on this forum were charged at booking. If you get somebody telling you that again, ask for the manager-on-duty.

I'm fairly certain most hotels don't charge at booking...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Legacy wrote: »

4 more days til payday

I'm fairly certain most hotels don't charge at booking...

I am pretty sure I would of noticed if the Sheraton charged me something like $800+

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aye... if you go through like Hotwire or something you'll get billed, but the PAX deal is worth it and you won't get billed in advance. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
This discussion has been closed.