As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Chat 2.4

• SabinXLSabinXL Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    Maybe it's his RP gear?

He used this for roughly half the run, at which point he switched into what I could only assume are his real robes. One would think lowered performance coupled with questions and jabs would have had him change it sooner.

SabinXL on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Ouch. Harsh.

... true, but harsh.

:-(

That said, were I to commit the time I've spent in WoW to overtime and the gym... ah who am I kidding, I'd probably just spend it reading, surfing the forums and watching Southpark online. >.<

Haha, sorry. I didn't mean it like THAT. But if your evening plans involve various WoW pursuits your chances of meeting them are pretty low! ...then again there are a lot of interesting people playing WoW. :winky: But yeah. Sometimes I think about how much time I waste playing this game, but if I wasn't, I'd just be playing other games or reading stupid shit on the internet anyway.

Also yeah we just got a new resto shaman and supposedly an enhancement shaman is applying soon, so we should be good. Might actually need a druid soon even though for awhile we were rocking three per raid, but one got a new job and the other has a bunch of RL shit to do soon. Which makes me sad cos that guy always cheers me up.

riz on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SabinXL wrote: »
    Just a little gem I thought I'd toss to the PA WoW players:

Robes of Arugal are Serious Business!

You bastards, I said I was waiting in the wings to save you from the awful!

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    Yeah that is pretty horrible too. I've been lucky that every time I've moved, my parents and aunt and uncle have been around to help, thus my mom and aunt do all the "oh my GOD you didn't scrub ___" nonsense, because I don't care!

Edit cos I somehow missed posts on this page: Too many boxes of books I'll never read is a HUGE part of my problem! I used to work at a place that got free review copies of stuff, so I'd grab them all, y'know, just in case. I like having lots of books. Do I need them? Will I ever read them? Eh.. Also, Texas eh?

Can never have too many books. Even review copies. And yes Texas. To make a long story short, moved here to live with my Ex, stayed because I don't have to shovel snow.

Texas is great. Alot of different cultures, every type of environment you can think of, and lots of stuff to do, from big city living to ranching out in the open where you see other people once a week.

Bigity on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    He might like how they look.

They do look good with his other stuff.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    ranching out in the open where you see other people once a week.

This is the best thing.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited April 2008
    So how long do you guys think until badges are tradeable?

I'm thinking with the 3.0 patch, right before WLK, so that everyone can gear up for leveling.

riz on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    who wants to guesstimate on prices

Dhalphir on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    They should just give badge loot a gold value at that rate.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I'm thinking with the 3.0 patch, right before WLK, so that everyone can gear up for leveling.

Hrm, maybe do something a little different and just make them purchasable?

Thomamelas on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    OremLK wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    He might like how they look.

They do look good with his other stuff.

I like how the look and my priest, mage, and my blood elf warlock will always have them

I think my night elf rogue also has them but then I liked how they looked as a dress compared the the other dresses you would give form quests or tailors

Brainleech on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I only wish they were because my Mage has 27, My Night elf rogue has 63, my troll rogue has 19 and my warlock has 33 too bad they are all on different servers because at least one of them would get one of the new weapons

Brainleech on
    edited April 2008
    I wish I could at least trade them from one character of mine to another. >.> Go go useless 400+ badges on my warlock that my druid or paladin would LOVE.

riz on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You could gem the shit out of them though. +15 hp gems all around!

shadowane on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    shadowane wrote: »

You mean 15 stamina?

Thomamelas on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

You mean 15 stamina?

which works out to like 190hp with talents

man

i want me some of those

Dhalphir on
    edited April 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »

You mean 15 stamina?

which works out to like 190hp with talents

man

i want me some of those

I love mine. Three gem slots? 45 stamina for 570 hp gained.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2008
    Uh, yeah, I mean stam. Damn.

Or you could earn like 8000 gold or so probably. Maybe 4000, depending on your economy. Nether Vortexes sell decently and I'm sure the epic gems will sell well too.

shadowane on
    edited April 2008

Or you could earn like 8000 gold or so probably. Maybe 4000, depending on your economy. Nether Vortexes sell decently and I'm sure the epic gems will sell well too.

Sapphires and Spinals will be the best sellers for the most part. Lionseyes will sell pretty well when S4 hits. Other gems seem to rise and fall in price. Shadowsong Amythsist does pretty well.

General breakdown on Shadowsong:

500g ES and CS.
    300 to 400g SA
    200 to 300g All of the others.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2008
    Yeah most of us will probably turn all our badges into gems, but there's only so many gems one needs, even for alts. I'm pretty sure they'll bring in some good money though because people who haven't had access to epic gems thus far are the same people who just spent all their badges on new gear from the armory.

riz on
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well, the anvil just hit 99 percent on my server, and the expected PvP war around the NPC has begun out :) Remember this is an RP server, so I don't think I've seen that many flagged people since I started playing WoW.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Sapphires and Spinals will be the best sellers for the most part. Lionseyes will sell pretty well when S4 hits. Other gems seem to rise and fall in price. Shadowsong Amythsist does pretty well.

500g ES and CS.
    300 to 400g SA

I see you don't have many serious arena players on your server.

Ryokaze on
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    Well, the anvil just hit 99 percent on my server, and the expected PvP war around the NPC has begun out :) Remember this is an RP server, so I don't think I've seen that many flagged people since I started playing WoW.

ouch, anvil has been out for like 2 weeks already on mine :(

DiscoZombie on
    edited April 2008
    Ryokaze wrote: »

500g ES and CS.
    300 to 400g SA

I see you don't have many serious arena players on your server.

We haven't had the pattern drop for us, and the JC's who do have it priced themselves out of the market to do the cut. So the demand has stayed low. If that's one of the patterns you can get via Shattered Sun rep then I expect the price of Lionseye to go up.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2008
    Large numbers of arena players drive spinel prices through the goddamned roof. Blackrock's spinels have been in the 1k+ range forever (although they're calming down with the vendor on the horizon.)

Ryokaze on
    edited April 2008
    Ryokaze wrote: »
    Large numbers of arena players drive spinel prices through the goddamned roof. Blackrock's spinels have been in the 1k+ range forever (although they're calming down with the vendor on the horizon.)

It's not the lack of arena players but that I suspect we have a larger supply of gems. We have 19 guilds that have made inroads into MH and BT. Of them 13 should be at the point of having surpluses of quite a few of the gem types.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2008
    We actually have 18 illidan-farming guilds, and a bunch of scrub guilds like mine dicking around with the middle bosses of T6.

Ryokaze on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I can't imagine that the epic gems will remain super high in value, however. Look at nethers; on my server they stayed around 100 gold, and cost 10 badges. I've heard rumour that the gems will be reduced to 10 badges each as well, so I would be surprised if their cost remained much higher than that of nethers (perhaps 150-200, even if they stay at 15 badges), and we have vortexes (15 badges) going for around 200-300, depending on how desperate the person it.

Now, granted, nethers are usable infrequently for a few enchants/armour patches and the ocassional item, whereas gems can be used in large quantities per character, but I just can't imagine people paying hundreds of gold per gem when they can get one for doing a few heroic dailies or a karazhan.

However, I will conceed that I may be way off, especially depending on how gung ho the hardcore pvp'ers on a given battlegroup are to retain every single tiny little edge over the competition, and also recognize that the badge gear vendor coming out first has likely stripped a huge number of badges from every server's population, while further adding to the likely massive demand for good gems, and furthermore, being good enough gear to justify such an expenditure; this is stuff that might not be replaced until the late 70's or even later, if it's true that top end gear might see us significantly far into WLK.

Edit: I think E.R. has around 12 guilds Alliance side in T6 content (2 or 3 farming Illidan, I believe) and 6 or 7 Horde side (1 or 2 killing Illidan)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited April 2008
    I'd imagine the gem vendor showing up will increase the overall value of gems, especially since I believe a lot of people have kind of short-sold their vortexes since that's currently the only tradable dump, and only so many people need vortexes.

I'd imagine gems will end up stabilizing at about where vortexes are right now, and, as a result, the value of vortexes will increase slightly since people will be using gems as a cash dump for badges, rather than vortexes. Meanwhile, poor primal nethers will remain worthless, on my server they're going for a massive 30 gold!

Ryokaze on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

I'd really rather they just awarded badges for daily quest completion instead of gold (or give you an option to choose one or the other). I think the fact that I've made 6k gold since 2.4 hit speaks to the fact that gold's not really too necessary at this point, whereas badges are far more so.

And still, with badges rewarded by questing, it'd take people a good bit of time to have enough for one piece of gear.

Halfmex on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    TheEmerged wrote: »

ouch, anvil has been out for like 2 weeks already on mine :(

We're still at 30% on anvil! Yay Ravenholdt!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Quick off the subject question. i just re-opened my account. haven't played since around January. I know the 2.4 patch just hit with Sunwell. What I am looking for is a run down of what I have missed and what I need to catch up. When i quit I was post kara and deeply into SSC and TK. Just trying to get my bearing straight. If anyone can tell me or send me to a site that would be appreciated.

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Jason036Jason036 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    We haven't had the pattern drop for us, and the JC's who do have it priced themselves out of the market to do the cut. So the demand has stayed low.
    This made me remember when the Lionheart Helm pattern dropped for me pre Burning Crusade when their was a huge demand for them. The previous 5 people on the server at the time were charging 500g to craft the helm (and that didn't include mats).

I remember hardly anyone having the helm but a very select few, then I hit the market. I offered 30g to craft for the 1st week and I went up 10g each week after that until I hit 50g. At that point I stayed at 50g with a 25g charge to any repeating customers. I made over 1300g in 2 months by doing this and I became rather popular with my server after that.

Of course the other 5 people who had the pattern were sending me death threats and at one point actually offered me 500g to stop crafting the item. I told them to go to hell and that I wanted to help the server, not screw it over. So they went on Trade channel and offered free craftings to try and push me out. Funny part is that most people on the server hated these 5 people because of their previous price gouging and they still came to me for a 50g craft.

I got a lot of repeat business as my regular customers would have them made for other people, which I didn't mind and then it shifted to people mailing me mats so they could sell the helm on the auction house. A few months later our server was populated with Lion Heart helms and probably over 70% were made by me, hehe. I know some people have issues with charging for crafting, but after I got my epic mount with the gold I started crafting it for free for people who I know would wear them.

Jason036 on
    Jason036
  • Jason036Jason036 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Haterot wrote: »
    Quick off the subject question. i just re-opened my account. haven't played since around January. I know the 2.4 patch just hit with Sunwell. What I am looking for is a run down of what I have missed and what I need to catch up. When i quit I was post kara and deeply into SSC and TK. Just trying to get my bearing straight. If anyone can tell me or send me to a site that would be appreciated.
    You missed the 2.4 patch and that's about it. Not sure if the extra badge items were added post January or not, but there are a ton of items you can buy with badges now. All raid bosses (10 man and up) drop badges now. One full Karazhan run yields about 22 badges. Sun Well Isle was just released in 2.4 which brings a new 25 man and a new 5 man. There are more dailies in this zone along with the max dailies you can complete be raised to 25 (up from 10).

In short, Blizzard has basically added the last real content until the expansion. They want you to farm badges for loot now and they made it really easy to farm gold through dailies. I guess they are hoping that people will stay busy farming epics for their alts until the expansion. You could farm epics prior to 2.4, but now it is really easy to farm for epics along with their being a larger variety of epics to farm for.

So log on and take the portal to Sun Well Isle. That's really the only thing new.

Jason036 on
    Jason036
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    so I was in AV the other day

and some bullshit was going on in /bg and I was being a prick as per usual

I think some dude was like "yeah well my girlfriend plays wow!" and then I was all "OMFG THE PERFECT WOMAN"

and then
    ohno.jpg
    ohnonono.jpg

:...:

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well apparently Gamespy had an interview with some CM on the 14th, so they posted this snippet:
    "We can't distinguish what the intent of a given player is, whether they consider themselves to be competitive or whether they're just doing it for the gear or whatever. Certainly as far as players who are trying to exploit the system through loopholes, we have some changes coming in a patch just a few weeks away where we'll close a lot of those loopholes."
    Sounds like Season 4's not too terribly far off.

Halfmex on
    edited April 2008
    t Jim: Hahaha what.

riz on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    t Jim: Hahaha what.

We sent a memo regarding this issue earlier this week; Jim is a pimp.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If "she" is single... How does her "girlfriend" play wow...

LineNoiz on
    edited April 2008
    She's only kinda single. Come on man, follow along!

shadowane on
This discussion has been closed.