As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Nexus War - The Knights rise again!

hoodie13hoodie13 punch broRegistered User regular
edited February 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
nexuswarlogo.gif

We used to have a Nexus War thread on here, but it seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur. It's time for another one! But so many things have changed, so let's start from the beginning.

Beginner Information

Nexus War is a browser based MMORPG set against the backdrop of a war between the literal forces of Good, Evil, and the people who have chosen the middle road. These forces have been culled from our world and deposited in a realm known only as the Nexus, where they war against each other in order to determine the philosophy of the new universe; Evil wars for chaos, Good for the ideals of law and order, and the Unaligned groups fight to preserve humanity's freewill. The war rages over four different planes of the Nexus:

---St. Germaine (Valhalla), an island archipelago lost forever to the Carribean (lore points to this island chain once existing in the Bermuda Triangle), where all characters begin their lives in the Nexus, and thus serves as a training ground of sorts.
---Paradise, the home plane of all Angelic classes, where people band together to protect one another while studying the old texts.
---Stygia, the home plane of Demons, is a frozen wasteland covered with fortresses and lava floes. Not much is living here, but soon everyone will want to, thanks to the coming Elder Dragon. More on that below.
---Purgatorio, the gigantic home plane of the Unaligned classes, is a group of islands floating through formless void. Purgatorio is so massive that the only feasible way of transportation is a system of portals and gates, linked by a hub island.

Nexus War is based on AP, or Action Points. AP replenishes by one every 15 minutes, and a character can only have 50 AP at the beginning of that character's life. Later, the character will gain the ability to stock more AP at once, but the rate at which it replenishes will not rise. One character's entire stock of AP can be used in as little as 5 minutes, or merely weened throughout the day. This makes Nexus War unique; a person does not need to devote hours of their life to the game to become an all powerful angel, demon, or human.

All players also start off with three character slots. While we encourage you to join our faction and be good, you can create two other characters ON TOP of your Arcadia character and play them however you want. Be evil, go crazy, raise the dead.

The game is focused around players joining groups and working together to war against their enemies. These groups are called factions, and factions can get a stronghold (or, base protected by a magical ward), have damage and attack percentage bonuses, and easily communicate. The PA boards have their own faction called the Knights of Arcadia, more on that below.

Factions are where the meat of the gameplay lies. They can take many different roles; some factions raid their rivals constantly in order to drive them into submission, some factions use their skills to perform services like mercenary work and enchantments, and some factions simply wage war on anyone who is aligned the opposite of themselves. Bonuses are given to all characters in any faction, and bonuses increase as a faction gains power, or Karma. Karma comes from gaining honor and larger membership. Members of a faction get these bonuses, the protection a stronghold offers, and a community safe for storing and exchanging items. Without a faction stronghold to sleep in, you can expect to wake up dead pretty much every day. While this won't hurt you at the beginning of the game, later on it will take more AP to respawn. And the Knights of Arcadia are rarely raided, so you can expect to stay alive for weeks at a time if you're careful.

One of the most important aspects of faction life is raiding. Raiding is the only source of honor a faction has. Honor is gained when the attacking faction clears the defending faction's stronghold and seizes the "standard". This destroys the defending faction's stronghold, and they cannot make another one for 24 hours, or until they recapture their own standard from the stronghold of the attacking faction. Confused? Don't worry, its not as complicated as it sounds.

When you begin the game, you will start off as a level 1 mortal, give yourself a name, and choose your first skill. It is here where you should choose what you want your final character class to be. A list of character classes can be found here, but if you can't be arsed to go there, here's the skinny. There's Neutral classes, Evil classes and Good classes. Neutral classes can join any faction, while Good and Evil classes can only join Good or Evil factions.

Here's the best part. Because many of the Knights of Arcadia have been playing for so long, we can easily help you level up. Several of our newer members have gained an incredible amount of levels in just a couple weeks. If you stopped playing long ago, all you have to do is sign in and your characters will still be there (albiet dead, sorry but them's the ropes) and you should still be a part of the faction. If you aren't, let us know on here and we'll get you back in.

New Stuff

There have been some big changes recently, so here's the biggest of the latest updates.

New "Enhanced Interface" - The old interface is still there, and still remains the more stable of the two, but a new interface utilizing AJAX has recently been released. This features accordion-style menus, mouse-over hints and tips, and a few features unusable in the old "legacy" interface.

Tons of new skills - Chances are that if you played a couple months ago, there are probably two times as many skills for the tier 3 classes than you are remember. Lots of these are flavor-based, some just normal buffs to the class. Seraphs have become more mechanical, turning into Angelic Robocops (innate flamethrowers, rifles, and chainswords). Wizards and other spell-casting classes can now Enchant items to do more damage, be more accurate, or do a certain type of damage. Void Walkers can now be nearly anywhere in a matter of seconds with Stepping Stones. More changes can be found on the Nexus War Wiki.

New class: Revenants! - The Nexus gets its vampire. Revenants can change their shape into a wolf or bat, do a massive amount of damage at night, and are incredibly accurate. This is an Unaligned combat class.

Dragons? - Yes, the Nexus has a dragon. With the last update, Jorm implimented a pet-type creature that has no master, and roams the wastes of Stygia all by itself searching for prey. Ukkuhr-Makhai does a massive amount of damage, has several area of effect attacks, deals out some crazy status effects, and is nigh unkillable. But if it ever IS killed, the group that kills it will get a great many rewards including character points, experience points, and badges.

The Knights of Arcadia!

If you started playing back when the "beta" first began, you may remember the Wang Collectors. This was the name of the Penny Arcade faction when we first started, but Wang Collectors didn't really strike fear into the hearts of our enemies or convey our deep sense of honor. So we petitioned Jorm, and he answered us with a new name and all the old faces and honor.

If you're new to the game, here's some background on us. We're a Good faction. What does this mean? We only hurt or kill people who have an Evil morality, meaning they have a black circle next to their name. Not white, not grey, but black. A person's morality is viewable with the skill Sense Morality. We require that all Knights buy this skill, but then again most Good factions do.

We ask that you maintain a Good morality. This is done by hurting or killing Evil characters, turning on power, or healing people. If you hurt or kill Good or Neutral characters, you'll start seeing your morality decrease. HANDY TIP: You should not buy Sense Morality as your first skill. To see if someone is good or evil when first attacking them, watch your morality (that Grey circle at the top). If it goes down, they're either Good or Neutral. Up, and he's evil. Kill away!

We're based in the Marrakun province of Purgatorio. Our stronghold is surrounded by a gunshop, factories, and a hospital. We've also got allies.

A few months ago, the factions based in Marrakun were being abused and farmed by one of the largest evil factions in the game, Oblivion Squadron. To combat this, the Knights spearheaded the formation of one of the most effective alliances in the Nexus, the Pax Marrakun. The Pax is comprised of the Knights of Arcadia, the neutral role-playing faction Balance, and the friendly but deadly Demons Next Door. Why are we allied with an Evil faction, you may ask? Because they're strong as hell, and fun to play with.

The alliance is very loose, but effective. Essentially, if any one of the factions is attacked the alarm is put out in an IRC channel dedicated to the alliance. The other factions will rush to the aid of the faction in need and (hopefully) destroy the invaders. During these raid defenses, all members of the Pax are to ONLY attack the invaders. However, the members of the Pax can attack and kill each other in the streets of Marrakun at any other time. This is to make sure we're all still levelling normally.

We've been around since the beginning of the beta. Because of this, most of our members are all very high level. We live to raid other factions and destroy their strongholds, and we want you to help us. And we want to help you. If you would like to play with us, just make a character and click on your character's name to open up a profile. Copy that link and paste it in here, and we'll get you invited immediately.

The Knights are headed by three wise and benevolent people. Allon is the creator and overall head of the faction. Kate is in charge of diplomacy and random violence. Reagle takes care of raid coordination. Under them are the Guardians, a sort of Honor Guard reserved for the heroes of the Knights. The status of Knight is given to those deserving, and comes with safe access. All members come in as Squires. Squires cannot use the safe, but they get the benefits of being in a stronghold. To become a Knight, just join us in the IRC room and ask, or join us on a raid.

For more information on the Knights, including some mild propoganda, visit our Wiki site.

IRC: Why and How?

IRC is an important (but not required) part of being in the Knights. Most of our raid information is discussed (read: leaked) through here. We plan and execute impromptu early-morning raids. We talk about music, boobs, games, TV.

To join us in #arcadia, use an IRC client (or a website like www.ircatwork.com ) and join the server at irc.nexuswar.com. Join #arcadia with the password. If your IRC kung-fu is weak, just type "/join #arcadia password" (without the quotes) and hit return. You should enter.

#arcadia has a password. Operational security and all. To get it, just ask here and someone will send it to you. Soon (i.e. within one day or so) we will send out a faction mail with these and more details, as well as the IRC password.

We hope to see you there! Again, IRC is by no means required, but you'll get more out of the game by joining us.

NW Links

This is just a collection of links that are sure you help you out.

The Nexus War Uber Map - Handy dandy little map tool designed to help you find your way through the Nexus: portals, sewers, and important faction strongholds are all marked.
NW Utilities - Character generator and crafters assistant. Very very very useful, especially if you're just starting out.
NW Wiki - Use it. It's good.
NW Forums - If you have a suggestion, this is the place to put it. Jorm listens to good ones, and sometimes impliments them.[/i]

Sounds great! But... How do I get to you?

We're located at 34,27 in Purgatorio. You can use the Uber Map linked above to get there easily.

To get there from St. Germaine, go to 22,37 (which is Copernicus Park) and take the portal there. Go Northwest 2 squares, then North 4 squares. You'll be at the portal to Marrakun. Go through this portal and you'll appear somewhere else. Go southeast one square and you'll be in front of our stronghold! Then just click enter. If the door is closed (it shouldn't be) then open it and enter. If you can't get in, that means you aren't a member of the faction. Post a link to your character profile and we'll get you in as soon as possible.

If you need detailed help with anything (class choices, directions to the stronghold, skill purchases) we will be here to help. Also, please join us in the IRC room. We'd love to have you there!

PSN: HoodieThirteen
XBL: Torn Hoodie
@hoodiethirteen
hoodie13 on

• AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    If you poke my little ghoulies in the SH, they -will- eat you. :P

Aroduc on
  • Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've been playing Nexus War since the very beginning of beta, and I can quite truthfully say that I've never enjoyed a browser-based game this much.

I played Urban Dead back in the day - a lot of people did, I think - and it was frustrating how little levels meant in that game. If you used melee weapons, you were pretty much doomed to a lifetime of hitting at people for 3 damage at 40% chance to hit. Even shotguns only did 10 damage, less if the enemy was wearing a flak jacket, at 60% to hit.

In Nexus War, my revenant can shift into blood frenzied wolf form and land a focused bite attack for upwards of 20 damage at 95% to hit. A seraph with a fully-enchanted rifle can Greater Smite an infernal behemoth for 50+ damage. A single cast of Death Cloud can do over 200 damage, spread across the contents of a room.

But it's not a game of one-shot kills. Far from it. You can buy skills that increase your damage, you can enchant weapons, but other classes can buy skills that give them innate armour, or they can enchant jewellery to soak specific damage types. And, of course, there's alchemy: potions can be made that grant the user total immunity to Holy damage, or Unholy, or almost any other type. But they're rare, and the components to make them are hard to find.

With all the different weapons and damage types and classes in the game, combat really becomes about strategy, not about random luck. A well-prepared raid force armed with good weapons and spells can clear out a stronghold twice their size, or defend themselves against much larger enemies.

It takes a long time to level up in Nexus War. Back when beta opened in May, jorm (the game's creator and all-around hoopy frood) said that nobody would hit level 30 until August. We laughed at the time, but he was right. There's a lot of depth to the game, a lot of skills to learn, and a lot of exp to grind. And if you try to do it alone, you'll probably get bored or frustrated pretty early on. The people you play with make all the difference, and although I may be just a little biased, I think KoA is one of the nicest groups of people around.

So, come play with us. Join the faction, hang out in IRC, and let us show you how much *fun* it can be to get holy on some demonic ass.

Kate of Lokys on
  • wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You really won't find a better faction. We have a very unique blend of casual players who just tag along for the occasional battle royale, and hardcore players who are out in the fray pretty much every day. If you're looking for friendly comrades and a safe place to crash, our stronghold is the spot to be. If you're more interested in kicking ass and/or taking names, we're home to some major badasses who head out in teams of three or four and take out entire factions. We have just enough friends to keep us safe, and just enough enemies to keep life interesting.

We're conveniently located near a gun shop, a library, a hospital, and portals to the rest of the game world. We have enchanters right in our stronghold who will trade you powerful weapons for easily found items. We have some of the most proficient soldiers in the game watching your back. We have robots, divine powers, and a goddamn team of ghoulish beasts protecting our stronghold.

Join us. You know you want to.

wasted pixels on
  • NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So, I've been lurking here for... probably a year or two.

And I've just worked up the courage to make an account and post simply because I want to play this game- but I'm too stupid. Could one of you fine gents please inform me as to what I'm supposed to do on St. Germaine? I'm just running around wasting AP right now, without a clue what to do. I made a second character just to see what else I could do before running out of AP, and got stuck in some woods with a portal because I don't have enough MP to use it. :cry:

tldr: halp plz

NerfThatMan on
    PSN: corporateshill
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So, I've been lurking here for... probably a year or two.

And I've just worked up the courage to make an account and post simply because I want to play this game- but I'm too stupid. Could one of you fine gents please inform me as to what I'm supposed to do on St. Germaine? I'm just running around wasting AP right now, without a clue what to do. I made a second character just to see what else I could do before running out of AP, and got stuck in some woods with a portal because I don't have enough MP to use it. :cry:

tldr: halp plz
    I sent you a PM. In case you can't use IRC though, make sure you check the wiki and see what classes you want to take, so you can be most efficient. Otherwise, it all depends on what your first skill was. If it was first aid, you might wanna stop off in a hospital and grab some first aid kits. If you took a combat class, go out and start fighting people.

EDIT: Oh, and if you post a link to your character profile, we can get you into the Knights of Arcadia.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It's about time we had another thread. There have been a ton of changes and additions lately, anybody that used to play but quit should come back and check it out. We're currently kicking ass and taking flags in Purgatorio.

I apologize for being absent from the game lately, with the storm in the northwest last week we're still internet-less here. I can post with my Treo, but it won't do IRC and it throws an error when I try to log into Nexus War. Bob Dole will return soon, I hope. :x

Fats on
    edited December 2006
    Fats wrote:
    It's about time we had another thread. There have been a ton of changes and additions lately, anybody that used to play but quit should come back and check it out. We're currently kicking ass and taking flags in Purgatorio.

I apologize for being absent from the game lately, with the storm in the northwest last week we're still internet-less here. I can post with my Treo, but it won't do IRC and it throws an error when I try to log into Nexus War. Bob Dole will return soon, I hope. :x
    Thank god.

YOu weren't here a couple days ago. Wasted Pixels here decided to go kill a faction all by himself, and had to get Asharaxx to help him out. Then they started blaming the whole thing on Kevar...

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So, I'm gonna talk about good ways to get to Good morality as a new character.

First off, unless you're incredibly patient, don't get Sense Morality as a starting skill. You'll know who's who immediately, but you'll have 10% accuracy on whatever you're doing. Not fun.

Good choices for starting skill:

First Aid - It's not very hard to find wounded, though you do need to find First Aid Kits. The upside is it's impossible to lose Morality by healing people. Not to mention you'll be able to see other people's exact HP.

Engineering - Not as efficient as First Aid, but it's another non-combat Morality booster. With this you can repair/remove electricity from buildings. It's 5 AP for 5 XP and 1 morality, not to mention having lights on increases your search and to-hit chances. Fixing power plants is even better.

Search - Recommended if you're a magic-user, and your faction/lack thereof doesn't have good spells for you. You just sit in a library to find and read books. They have a chance of giving XP, as well as spells. Note that this doesn't give or lose morality, though. It's a neutral way of leveling.

-

On the other hand... If you want to focus on fighting, you should choose a weapon class and get it's first skill. You should get Sense Morality with the CP from level 2, but until then you'll be flying blind. This isn't as hard as it seems.

1. Anything that shows up as 'A Pariah' or 'A Defiler' to you will 99% of the time be Evil, so hack away. 'Void Walkers' and 'Dark Oppressors' are fair game too, though they will be harder to hit. Attacking 'Infernal Behemoths' or 'Wyrm Masters' is not recommended, as they tend to have armor/damage auras that will mince your frail mortal self up.

2. Anything that shows up as 'A Myrmidon' or 'A Sorceror' that doesn't have Sense Morality in their skill list could be evil. They're worth a test swing, in any case. Same goes for Wizards, Elementalists, and Revenants. Eternal Soldiers, Nexus Champions, and Liches are more of those with armor/auras, so don't bug them.

3. Other mortals that only have combat skills are worth a test swing as well. They could be aspiring do-Gooders like yourself, but they'll understand one swing on your part.

- Things you should not try to hurt -

1. Paladins, Shepherds, Seraphs, Divine Champions, Advocates, Lightspeakers. These are all Angelic, and thus Good. Don't mess with them. Even if they're Evil, don't. The Knights do not kill Angels.

2. People with Sense Morality/First Aid/etc. Though this isn't 100%, they will usually be Good.

Unless someone beats me to it, I'll make a post about the pros/cons of the weapon types in a bit.

Asharaxx on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    Asharaxx wrote:
    Unless someone beats me to it, I'll make a post about the pros/cons of the weapon types in a bit.

Weapons are for chumps. The soft stroking touch of a lich is all real men need.

Aroduc on
    edited December 2006
    So, my revenant was bored this morning. It was dark, and he was at full AP, so he left his hiding place in the wilds of Purgatorio, shifted into bat form, and flew across the void to the nearest city.

When he got there, he noticed that somebody had set up a stronghold on a pharmacy. Curious, he checked the level of the stronghold, and saw that they were only level 4. Some quick calculation determined that he could take down their ward by himself. It would take a lot of AP, of course, but it would be amusing.

He shifted from bat form to wolf form, to increase his damage, and started biting at the stronghold ward. He took it down, activated his blood frenzy skill to give him even more damage, and went inside. There were plenty of tempting, armourless targets in there; he took out the lich first, because its pets were attacking him. Bit the lich to death in four hits, replenished both his health and his mana from the corpse of his enemy, then moved on to a wizard. Tore through him, moved on to an elementalist. By then, one of the defenders in the stronghold was active, and he managed to kill me just before I took out the elementalist.

Then, after I died, he sent me a faction invite, with the message "Lick my active balls." (Sending faction invites is pretty much the only way to say something to someone who's dead, unless they're already in your faction - people use faction invites to taunt, occasionally).

But, you know... I think I'll take him up on it. When my revenant gets back to full AP, I'll respawn him, head for that same stronghold, accept the faction invite waiting for me, walk right through their ward, then leave the faction as soon as I get inside so I can slaughter them like cattle.

There are sayings, I think, about the folly of inviting a vampire across the threshold of your home.

Kate of Lokys on
  • NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    But, you know... I think I'll take him up on it. When my revenant gets back to full AP, I'll respawn him, head for that same stronghold, accept the faction invite waiting for me, walk right through their ward, then leave the faction as soon as I get inside so I can slaughter them like cattle.

...Cold-blooded.

NerfThatMan on
    PSN: corporateshill
    edited December 2006
    Well, my revenant is. He's normally content to just wander around, killing at whim, but there's nothing malicious to it - he's just alone and bored. But being told to lick the balls of someone he doesn't even know, well, you just don't *say* that to a wolf.

Not unless you want to wake up without a scrotum, that is.

Kate of Lokys on
  • InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Back in the Wang Collectors I had a dedicated healer, Tony Tony Chopper. I leveled pretty quick and then came to a dead stop. If I played again I would probably make a killing machine.

Interesting to read about the alliance, wish that was around back in the day. My anus is still sore from those rapings...

InitialDK on
    "I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • AllonAllon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Good news, anal rapings are at an all-year low these days.
    It's mostly us doing the raping now.

Feel free to rejoin us. Your old character should still be around.

We need a nice map in the OP so people will be able to find their way to our Fortress of Awesomnitute easily...

Allon on
  • MarlinspikeMarlinspike Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This looks like fun picking up again.

After reviewing my characters, I've decided to do something new and fresh-like. Non Sequitur will eventually become a lich.

If you could send me a faction invite and one of them passwords for the IRC, twould be much appreciated.

Marlinspike on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006

After reviewing my characters, I've decided to do something new and fresh-like. Non Sequitur will eventually become a lich.

If you could send me a faction invite and one of them passwords for the IRC, twould be much appreciated.

It's funny, last time I checked, the Knights have more liches than any other class besides Seraphs. Hell, we almost have as many liches as the Undeadites. :P Raising undead hordes is just too much fun though.

Aroduc on
    edited December 2006

Invite sent! Things are a bit slow because of the holidays right now, but they'll pick up again in a few days.

Kate of Lokys on
  • JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Did he ever implement any Nexus Champion skills worth spending my 90 saved CP on? Half of what made me quit was not having any worthwhile way to advance my character.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    JHunz wrote:
    Did he ever implement any Nexus Champion skills worth spending my 90 saved CP on? Half of what made me quit was not having any worthwhile way to advance my character.
    Actually, yeah. Tattoo of Balance gives you a Damage boost in accordance with your morality (+4 at 0 and +3 as long as you stay between -5 and +5 morality. The boost diminishes and disappears if you hit 20 or -20.

The child skill, Tatoo of Equilibrium, does the same thing but with a Defense bonus that maxes out at +15% at 0. Combine with Dodge, Super Reflexes, a 10% Defense accessory, and 12% for being level 30 and you can defend the SH with 47% against HtH and Melee and 42% against everything else.

I deleted a bunch of characters again and now have a Wizard and two level 1's that'll eventually be a Melee Revenant (the only class competent with the tree) and an Elementalist.

robosagogo on
  • GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    An invite, if you would be so kind. I'm right outside. (Gimecus.)

http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=76600

GimeC on
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    JHunz wrote:
    Actually, yeah. Tattoo of Balance gives you a Damage boost in accordance with your morality (+4 at 0 and +3 as long as you stay between -5 and +5 morality. The boost diminishes and disappears if you hit 20 or -20.

The child skill, Tatoo of Equilibrium, does the same thing but with a Defense bonus that maxes out at +15% at 0. Combine with Dodge, Super Reflexes, a 10% Defense accessory, and 12% for being level 30 and you can defend the SH with 47% against HtH and Melee and 42% against everything else.
    With 90 CP, I strongly suggest picking up Tattoo of Strength. Boosts your carrying capacity by 50 and otherwise copies the mortal Strength, but also stacks with that skill. So with 50 CP, you can get 70 more capacity, +4 damage with bows, do lots of damage with throwing weapons, move through water like a fish, and tear down barricades with ease.

When Tat of Str. came out I picked it and the Archery tree up just for kicks. Neutrality does 23 damage regularly now, and Link, who just maxed out the other day, does the same with his Fairy Bow.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sure, I'll get back into this. Zero is still around thanks to my donation for extra slots, just have to un-idle him and find my way to the stronghold.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hey, if any Knights are around, I just went and wailed on 13 for awhile (I'm maxed out and kind of bored). Their ward is down, there's only 1 person inside (a tier 3 wyrm master), and I killed his pet.

If someone wants to run out there, kill him, and take the standard, we can get I think 10 honor for all of 10 ap.

werehippy on
    edited December 2006
    I need 3 more badges to get an even 20 CP on my main guy, is there still a badge list anywhere? I haven't gotten any from Purg yet.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited December 2006
    werehippy wrote:
    Hey, if any Knights are around, I just went and wailed on 13 for awhile (I'm maxed out and kind of bored). Their ward is down, there's only 1 person inside (a tier 3 wyrm master), and I killed his pet.

If someone wants to run out there, kill him, and take the standard, we can get I think 10 honor for all of 10 ap.
    I

Uh

Thanks... I think... Though we don't have anyone else. Next time let us know in advance! We've got some new people we'd like to help level up.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • MantraMantra Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mantra on
    Mantra2k.png
    edited December 2006
    After a bit of talking on IRC, I've noticed my bookworm's build is actually half decent. if you could send an invite his way instead, that would be muchly appreciated.

Marlinspike would like an invite. I'v already had Non Sequitur leave the faction.

Marlinspike on
  • DarkXstalkerDarkXstalker Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ive been playing since early alpha, and ive been in most factions, and goddamnit if KOA isnt the most fun faction ive been in.

my seraph will also Craft/improve guns for any gunners out there.. =]

DarkXstalker on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Knocked down 13's ward again, but the RNG hated me today so I didn't have enough AP to stick my head in and check things out.

After the holidays I'd definitely willing to get something more organized going, but for now I'm just running over whenever I'm near a computer.

werehippy on
    edited December 2006
    Okay, I swear this is going to be the LAST time I swap my character.

My story goes something like this:

Oh boy! I can't wait to level up. I'm going to go read books in the wonderful library five AP away from our stronghold. *searches for books* Great, I got two book! *reads books* Great! I got... wait... no EXP? GAH!

So, you can see my plight. I have however, just discovered that my paladin's build is actually not crap, and would like to use it.

So, here we are again. 0===[::::::::::> would like to join the faction. I've already had Marlinspike leave. (again)

Thanks again!

Marlinspike on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So I was always complaining that my Melee Seraph has terrible accuracy against similarly powerful characters due to 7% Martial Arts Dodge, Dodge, 12% for being Maxed, and often even more than that, but I just realized that Infernal Behemoths (and Void Walkers who can't always afford Tiger Claw) have even worse accuracy due to relying on the HtH tree.

Does it such a whole lot, playing those characters? Or do Bloodlust and Tiger Claw help?

robosagogo on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    So I was always complaining that my Melee Seraph has terrible accuracy against similarly powerful characters due to 7% Martial Arts Dodge, Dodge, 12% for being Maxed, and often even more than that, but I just realized that Infernal Behemoths (and Void Walkers who can't always afford Tiger Claw) have even worse accuracy due to relying on the HtH tree.

Does it such a whole lot, playing those characters? Or do Bloodlust and Tiger Claw help?

It's just cheaper in CP to go HtH. If you're at 'max' accuracy for any weaponry tree, then you've got Advanced Smithing (or whatever) or you're relying on someone to have it for you. The price you pay for being able to futz around with weapons and the like is that it'll cost you (or an ally) 60 CP more to stay there, not to mention repair and/or enchanting time. Personally, I still think the HtH stuff is a little underpowered when up against a melee character with a fully tricked out enchanted sword, but that sword cost a good 200 AP and 500 or so MP to get there, plus AP for upkeeping it, etc etc.

Aroduc on
  • DarkMagusDarkMagus Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    Hi! I've been playing Nexus War for a while and reading PA for years. Heard you guys had a group and I'd like to join in! I've got a mortal I just started a few days ago: http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=76040

DarkMagus on
  • AmygdalaAmygdala Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:

Speaking as my Infernal Behemoth, going on a raid without a potion of Combat Clarity and Bloodlust activated is a waste of time. 60% to-hit chance is just too small against opponents with up to 30% dodge.

On the other hand, with both potions and Bloodlust and possibly Way of the Void, I hit for 21 points of damage at 90% accuracy. Combined with Burning Aura, that´s pretty good to wipe out the pet shield of bigger factions.

My melee ES with his enchanted cutlass is still better, though.

Amygdala on
    spec.png
    edited December 2006
    So anyone got any badge lists?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • AllonAllon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    http://www.users.on.net/~rabbithole/ubermap/badges.htm

Here you go, sir.
    More fun to figure things out for yourself, though. Will give you a use for all those newspapers.
    Oh god, the newspapers...

Ubermap is quite handy for finding your way around, though. Use it.

Allon on
  • MajorMajorMajorMajor Registered User new member
    edited December 2006
    MajorMajor on
  • GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ah, I'm sorry, whoever put up that previous chalk message in the stronghold. I didn't know that you could only have one chalk message. My bad. :?

Though the offer still stands. I have a ton of extras, so pray tell if you want some.

GimeC on
    edited December 2006
    MajorMajor wrote:
    Sorry for the wait, the leaders weren't on. Invited.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
    edited December 2006
    Is the IRC empty right now, or did I go to the wrong server or something?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif