As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DAoC] While we wait for WAR[56k]

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Shughart wrote: »
    Lurker here... I couldn't resist the call to my first (MMO) love. I grew up as a Hib (50 shade, 50 hero, 50 ment), but the love of all things not Albion has brought me to Mid. I currently have a 14 Shammy (cave spec woo!) on Gareth named Fraunhoffer, and will try to look up some of you Fancy Lads folks when I am on next.

Be sure to let us know when you're on. We need all the people to talk to as we can get!

Also: Valkyries are fucking awesome. I love being able to heal AND fight. Why didn't you guys tell me there was a class like this?!

urahonky on
  • Options
    jaggyjaggy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was able to transfer some plat from my old server to mid/classic, so I was able to purchase a new house. Anyone is welcome to use it (it has a public bind stone, teleporter, spellcrafting table, SC supply merc, and a vault keeper). It's located in the southern part of Carlingford (Dalrin on the housing zone map).

House 1927
    Carlingford (Lamorak)

House info on the Herald

Edit: it also has a public shared vault, so I'll be tossing old gear in it from now on. Anyone else is welcome to do the same.

jaggy on
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Shughart wrote: »
    Lurker here... I couldn't resist the call to my first (MMO) love. I grew up as a Hib (50 shade, 50 hero, 50 ment), but the love of all things not Albion has brought me to Mid. I currently have a 14 Shammy (cave spec woo!) on Gareth named Fraunhoffer, and will try to look up some of you Fancy Lads folks when I am on next.

Be sure to let us know when you're on. We need all the people to talk to as we can get!

Also: Valkyries are fucking awesome. I love being able to heal AND fight. Why didn't you guys tell me there was a class like this?!

It's pretty bad ass isn't it?

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh yes, badass indeed. I like pulling an orange mob, and right before it gets to me I cast the health regen spell, so I can take a few hits and stick at full health.

jag-> nice! I'll have to check it out.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Also, incase anyone was wondering Mythic has a detailed list of stuff about our guild.

Peoples K/D ratio, Realm Points, crafting levels etc etc.

I remember I was crying about dieing a shit ton on my Rune Master a few days ago, well it was 55 deaths in one night. :( My K/D ratio on Trollzilla and NuckNuck are awful. At least I do better with Diavalos.

I think I'm going to use the Rune Master for Keep Defense only, Ground Target AOE'ing people at the holes. Diavalos will be my general speed demon and Trollzilla needs to get back into DF and farm more xp's so I can get crafted and SC'ed equipment on my guys then try and get some glowy crafted weapons for our level capped people in Molvik.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Of course that site is blocked here at work. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm thinking about rolling a Warrior now. I really need to settle on a class so I can make it the battlegrounds and play the real game.

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    After playing an Armsman I really couldn't roll a Warrior. Straight up face bashing just got tired. Savage or Zerker brings an interesting twist to the melee scene.

I feel I should post an example of what kind of Xp you can find in the world seeing as we've lost DF.

Darkness Falls - Level 38-39 ghost things melt like butter under two dots and my minions. Can farm them almost non stop except for when an alb infil gets me. 20,000,000 XP per kill + 1-2gold peices. Stop only to release and run back or to make another rye and coke.

Task Dungeon - Level 38 things, melt like butter in long cooridoors Task Dungeons, take slightly less time then orange DF mobs. 4-6,000,000 xp per kill 75silver, 60,000,000xp for TD complete 8gold. 5-15 minutes to complete

Darkness Falls XP destroys everything else in this game. If DF is open get in and learn the ropes, see if any of the evil critters can be killed by you. I suggest trying around level 20.

Excuse me while I go cry that Albion has Darkness Falls again.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think I'm going to use the Rune Master for Keep Defense only

RMs have energy-based nukes, right?

Guess what Darkness SMs get!
    http://www.camelotherald.com/spells/spell.php?sp_id=4944

Ooo... I see that they are instant spells too. I'd forgotten about that.
    Maybe I will actually use my Spirit nuke when I get the Spirit debuff.
    Darkness Falls XP destroys everything else in this game. If DF is open get in and learn the ropes, see if any of the evil critters can be killed by you. I suggest trying around level 20.

Heh, I popped into DF around lvl13 or so. The little familiars in the front were red to me. I promptly ran out :) .
    But I plan on going there every chance I get in the 20s and 30s.

Selner on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    I think I'm going to use the Rune Master for Keep Defense only

RMs have energy-based nukes, right?

Guess what Darkness SMs get!
    http://www.camelotherald.com/spells/spell.php?sp_id=4944

Ooo... I see that they are instant spells too. I'd forgotten about that.
    Maybe I will actually use my Spirit nuke when I get the Spirit debuff.

I don't even think I'd use bolts anymore. As soon as I show my cloth covered body pow pow dead. Doing it now with the BD in the Battlegrounds. 880 health w/ buffs and thump 700dmg, thump 600dmg, dead.

I hope mythic works out some resists so casters stay alive a bit longer in War. This is getting silly. Over and over, even inside the keep.

So someone talk to me about this Uber crafted armour, Dragonswarn/scale/teeth etc etc. I see it on the Consignment Merchant and its red to me at 39, so I take it thats normal and everyone is using red armour. All the stuff on consignment showed 0% magical bonus but when i info'd the item it showed some small magic bonus. Has it already been SC'ed with some pitiful jewel or is it just a natural bonus each peice gets?

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    jaggyjaggy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »
    I don't even think I'd use bolts anymore. As soon as I show my cloth covered body pow pow dead. Doing it now with the BD in the Battlegrounds. 880 health w/ buffs and thump 700dmg, thump 600dmg, dead.

I hope mythic works out some resists so casters stay alive a bit longer in War. This is getting silly. Over and over, even inside the keep.

DAoC is balanced for endgame combat, and most people are running around with gear adding 26% resists to everything at 50. Survivability definitely goes up with level (fights last longer, etc.).
    So someone talk to me about this Uber crafted armour, Dragonswarn/scale/teeth etc etc. I see it on the Consignment Merchant and its red to me at 39, so I take it thats normal and everyone is using red armour. All the stuff on consignment showed 0% magical bonus but when i info'd the item it showed some small magic bonus. Has it already been SC'ed with some pitiful jewel or is it just a natural bonus each peice gets?
    Dragonsworn Armor Bonus Breakdown
    From what I gather, Dragonsworn armor is crafted stuff that has an inherent bonus. This bonus is only active when all four SC imbue slots are used.

Also, the "bonus" you see when you delve an item is added by enchanting a weapon (hand it to an enchanter or a SC'r). It increases your item overall, such as increasing a chance to hit with a weapon.

jaggy on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I see. Well I am just thinking for 39 BG. It's instant death for my cloth guys in there. Uber prices are still nuts, it'l take alot of farming with Troll to get the cash. Oh well back into DF. I'll be hitting 40 in an hour hopefully if I dont die again.

Hey WTF? The level 40 BA spec pet is an Archer. You can't make him use 2 handers anymore. :ANGRY:

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    ShughartShughart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I am logging in now, should be on for a few hours at least. I'll look you guys up.

Shughart on
  • Options
    MorturusMorturus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Odd, you should be able to choose either the melee pet or the archer pet, they're two different spell lines, I'd say stick with the melee for PvE. (Completely insane class)

Morturus on
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Woo, I got my new fan, and so far everything seems to be working fine.

Now I just have to catch up the 25 or so levels you bastards skipped ahead.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I tried this out last week for about an hour...sorry, i just couldn't do it, haha. I think I coulda used a manual.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That's why you ask us here Elementalor. It's not like we're going to attack you for asking simple questions. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I might attack you a little bit. For fun.

So, is there a cap on camp bonuses or do they just keep getting larger over time? Because some of the bonuses I was getting earlier today were ridiculously huge. Not that I was complaining.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    They do if no one's been there for a while.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Morturus wrote: »
    Odd, you should be able to choose either the melee pet or the archer pet, they're two different spell lines, I'd say stick with the melee for PvE. (Completely insane class)

Thats a negatory good sir! The level 40 BA spec pet is an Archer through and through. No more 2h weapons after 40.

I Respeced to Darkness and I am loving it. The nukes are good, my persona nuke is also a snare and my pets can snare. I'm enjoying myself for sure now that I'm past that Archer bull shit.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Level 39 pet is an archer; however the level 36 pet(Summon Boneslammer) is a melee pet, as is the level 42 pet(Summon Boneburster).

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Last Son wrote: »
    Level 39 pet is an archer; however the level 36 pet(Summon Boneslammer) is a melee pet, as is the level 42 pet(Summon Boneburster).

Hello and welcome to the Dark Age of Camelot thread. At level 40 you, as a glorious Bone Dancer of Bone Army specialization you will receive your final and most power COMMANDER (DREAD ARCHER) yet. He will not pick up aggro as well as before because he does not like to melee unless forced to. When he does melee he will do it with his pitiful single hand weapon. You then, as a glorious Bone Dancer of Bone Army specialization will proceed to be very angry and consider respecing to a more happy and productive and fun line like Darkness. You may also notice your melee damage buff cast upon your Bone Army does not seem to have any effect on the pitiful arrows fired by your new DREAD ARCHER.

I've included a visual aid to assist in this knowledge session.
    DREADARCHER.jpg

Thank you for participating in this knowledge session and please tip the help.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ah I see the problem. You were talking about the commander and I(and Morturus) were thinking you were talking about the minions.

Last Son on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Like you couldn't crop that, oddjob?

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Like you couldn't crop that, oddjob?

No, no I couldn't.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeahhh, work , i love working :D

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Fuck guys. I may have to cancel my account now before my grades suffer. Instead of actually doing my homework last night I got on and played for a long while. The addiction... It's eating away at me. I have to cut it off now before I fail my class.

Fuck. I don't want to quit!

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Fuck guys. I may have to cancel my account now before my grades suffer. Instead of actually doing my homework last night I got on and played for a long while. The addiction... It's eating away at me. I have to cut it off now before I fail my class.

Then don't? Homework first, games second. It's that easy.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Hah. Easier said than done for me. MMOs are like a drug for me.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Craft while you do your homework. Just press a key every now and then while working.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Craft while you do your homework. Just press a key every now and then while working.

That was actually the only reason I had a crafter back in the old days, when DAoC was fresh and young.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    craft for the sake of your grades man, for your grades!!

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Draeven wrote: »
    craft for the sake of your grades man, for your grades!!

Yes! Craft! If you get to the level where you can make us some 99% level 39 gear I will uh.. We'll I wont get my SC up to that but hey it'll cut like down half the price we'd have to pay for the armour :D

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    id armor craft but i would have to gouge my eyes out first.

Draeven on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Draeven wrote: »
    id armor craft but i would have to gouge my eyes out first.

But then how would you see the progress bar!?

Oh... I see what you did there.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think the trick is to rig up one of those birds with the fluid in a ball attached to its ass, and it rocks back and fourth or something. Well figure out how to time it for when the progess bar is complete. Buy 40 items worth of mats and let it fly untill your inv is full.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind people macro craft. We can make macros for just about everything else.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think the trick is to rig up one of those birds with the fluid in a ball attached to its ass, and it rocks back and fourth or something. Well figure out how to time it for when the progess bar is complete. Buy 40 items worth of mats and let it fly untill your inv is full.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind people macro craft. We can make macros for just about everything else.

Thing is, those macros are set to "Oh, every 20 seconds it hits the button again," except what flags them as botting to the system is that it is always perfectly 20.000seconds. Never 21.743 seconds.

Trust me, you get banned fairly easily doing this.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Would I get banned for using my rocking bird of doom idea? eh?

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Would I get banned for using my rocking bird of doom idea? eh?

I really need one of those things... They are too cool.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I will be turning on the Guid xp bonus tomorrow night around the time i get off of work. Some time around 3pm cst to assit in your weekend leveling fun. I don't know if we can have more then 1 bonus going but if so i will get the rp bonus on too.

Draeven on