As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Remember me

Joseph StalinJoseph Stalin Registered User regular
I just got Firefox, and since then the "Remember me" feature doesn't work and I hvae to relog in every time I visit. I never had this problem with IE. Anyone know if there was a setting I need to change or something? I have it set to automatically accept cookies from sites normally. Help?

Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.

Workingmen of all countries, unite!
Joseph Stalin on

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    Tools > Options > Privacy > Saved Passwords > View Saved Passwords > Passwords Never Saved

Remove the Penny-Arcade entry I'd venture to guess you have in that list.

Unknown User on
  • Joseph StalinJoseph Stalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Nope, I have 2 Penny Arcade entries in the saved list, none in the never saved list.

Joseph Stalin on
    Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.

• Baron DirigibleBaron Dirigible Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Remember that the cookies only work for www.penny-arcade.com/forums; if you're going to http://penny-arcade.com/forums, you won't automatically log in.

Baron Dirigible on
  • Joseph StalinJoseph Stalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Ok thanks. I changed my bookmarks and it seems to be OK now. I guess this can be locked or whatever.

Joseph Stalin on

• OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Tools > Options > Privacy > Saved Passwords > View Saved Passwords > Passwords Never Saved

No that would have nothing to do with it.

That saves passwords client side so they can just be automatically put into the form.
    The "remember me" feature is implemented with a cookie.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    Orthanc wrote:

No that would have nothing to do with it.

That saves passwords client side so they can just be automatically put into the form.
    The "remember me" feature is implemented with a cookie.

Right, but if a site is added to a "Never remember me" list, Firefox will not re-input the form data, even if the data is stored in a cookie.

Unknown User on
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Right, but if a site is added to a "Never remember me" list, Firefox will not re-input the form data, even if the data is stored in a cookie.

You're incorrect. Browsers don't re-input the form data from the cookie. They just sends the cookie. Telling firefox to not remember your password has no effect at all on the cookie handling. You can tell it to block cookies from PA, but that is a completly different setting.

Incedentally, I hit "Never remember my password" on every site, and my cookies still work.

Orthanc on
    orthanc