As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Loot Thread

• Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fanboi wrote:
    I also gave myself a New TV.
    i hate to tell you, but that's just a website about a TV

Zoolander on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Homeless wrote:
    man only one of my friends has a sister and she is in college.

huge titties.

but we are a metal band and none of us smoke or drink

it is so un-metal

but i don't care. i don't have the money to be wasting on that shit, i need a bigger amp.

that is why you have the dude that is always hanging out listening to your practices bring the drugs

at least a case of beer

because you know he is totally just hanging out because he wants to be in the band but he is too shy and untalented to play anything so he still hangs out thinking he is a roadie or something because he wants some of that sweet sweet groupie pussy, even though you don't get groupies when you are just playing at the local IOOF temple and Moose Lodge and shit

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That little girl+Gun is absolutely adorable Highfire.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    FanboiFanboi Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Zoolander wrote:
    Fanboi wrote:
    I also gave myself a New TV.
    i hate to tell you, but that's just a website about a TV

No, no. Its also a website about a computer monitor.

Fanboi on
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Homeless wrote:

huge titties.

it is so un-metal

but i don't care. i don't have the money to be wasting on that shit, i need a bigger amp.

that is why you have the dude that is always hanging out listening to your practices bring the drugs

at least a case of beer

because you know he is totally just hanging out because he wants to be in the band but he is too shy and untalented to play anything so he still hangs out thinking he is a roadie or something because he wants some of that sweet sweet groupie pussy, even though you don't get groupies when you are just playing at the local IOOF temple and Moose Lodge and shit

oh man

he can have all the groupie pussy he wants

they look like this (from an actual concert of ours) and the kid in the front is a fan.

god

i swear we play metal

i have hair that goes 2/3 down my back and the metal tour shirts and everything.

but it seems none of the people who like us do.

Homeless on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Fuck, I'd be down for some weed now. :/

calling your parents

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Homeless wrote:
    Homeless wrote:

huge titties.

it is so un-metal

at least a case of beer

oh man

he can have all the groupie pussy he wants

they look like this (from an actual concert of ours) and the kid in the front is a fan.

god

i swear we play metal

i have hair that goes 2/3 down my back and the metal tour shirts and everything.

but it seems none of the people who like us do.

hahahaha

oh man that shit looks so fucking familiar

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Minus BlindfoldMinus Blindfold Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So far I got:
    Space Ghost C2C Volumes 1 - 3

At some point after Christmas my parents said they'll get me a Wii and this

Minus Blindfold on
    quixotic_jam.gif
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got most of my christmas like a month ago, parents bought me a Wii and Twilight Princess.

I shall be posting again on christmas day though with a full report on what I hauled in.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    RonjonRonjon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got tickets to a concert in texas, with a gas card for gas for the trip, wahoo road trip!

Ronjon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Whilst Christmas shopping, I bought

civ4warlords_boxart.jpg

and gave it to myself as an early present.

It's good, except that, memory wise, it's leakier than a sieve. It nearly crashes every time I build a wonder.

The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My dad, who really got interested in woodworking last year, made me a pretty neat clock for my room.

Picture10-1.jpg

He assures me that the characters on there are the ones for my name, but I am not fluent like him and he might just be pulling a very elaborate prank on me.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    there is a face on that clock

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    there is a face on that clock
    Yes. He enjoys doing that when he makes stuff, so there are faces on a lot of the wooden things around the house.

The face on the cutting board makes me uncomfortable.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a couple DVDs last night

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    RonjonRonjon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I bet it says

I <3 Cock

Ronjon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well I know I got the graphic novel 300 (because I'm the one who ordered it) and I'm also pretty sure I'm getting Arrested Development Season 2 (because I saw it in a bag). I'll report back after the big haul/

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    so far I've got a card shoe, a bunch of fancy beer, a little cash from my boss (do xmas bonuses count as presents), a bottle of Royal Chambord black current liquor and this.

I'm gonna go watch it right now.

#pipe on
  • Options
    PlaymobilPlaymobil Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    #pipe wrote:
    so far I've got a card shoe, a bunch of fancy beer, a little cash from my boss (do xmas bonuses count as presents), a bottle of Royal Chambord black current liquor and this.

Thumps up on that last one. I really enjoyed that CD a lot, it was awesome work music.

Playmobil on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've been told I'm getting a copy of Scary Solstice, the H.P. Lovecraft themed Christmas Album. That's all I know so far.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Playmobil wrote:
    #pipe wrote:

Thumps up on that last one. I really enjoyed that CD a lot, it was awesome work music.

Second'd. I'm also a big fan of Radiodread.

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ubik wrote:
    Playmobil wrote:
    #pipe wrote:

Second'd. I'm also a big fan of Radiodread.

the DVD was pretty ok. None of the awesome guests though, and it was mixed horribly.

#pipe on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So far all I'v recieved is a copy of Metallica Ride the Lightning. I'm pretty sure my mom ordered me the GTO: Volume 1 boxset. Unfortunatly I'm also fairly certain that she ordered me the pirated version offered by third party sellers on Amazon.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got an 80 gig ipod and a new amp for my birthday on friday.

Also I got some movies and a bad hangover.

The Cheese on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Im buying myself a g35 on tuesday. Merry Christmas indeed.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    wombatwombat __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a Wii (well I camped and paid for it a week ago, but my parents are giving me money to reimburse for it), and then I got a homemade UCLA blanket from my girlfriend (it's kind of a big deal because she goes to USC) and her mom got me a UCLA beanie.

In return I got her a John Locke Season 1 action figure, Wet Hot American Summer, and it's still on its way, but Beauty and the Beast on DVD (which I guess is not in print on DVD anymore for the time being, which I didnt figure out until like a few days ago)

Oh and at my friends and I's white elephant tonight, I got a mouse made of shells. It's pretty sweet.

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
    Vote for my film! (watching it is also an option)
    wii friend code: 7623 9955 2119 1775
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wombat wrote:
    I got a Wii (well I camped and paid for it a week ago, but my parents are giving me money to reimburse for it), and then I got a homemade UCLA blanket from my girlfriend (it's kind of a big deal because she goes to USC) and her mom got me a UCLA beanie.

In return I got her a John Locke Season 1 action figure, Wet Hot American Summer, and it's still on its way, but Beauty and the Beast on DVD (which I guess is not in print on DVD anymore for the time being, which I didnt figure out until like a few days ago)

Oh and at my friends and I's white elephant tonight, I got a mouse made of shells. It's pretty sweet.

It bugs me when people give good presents at white elephant things. You're supposed to give crap, like dead batteries or old shoelaces or half-empty jars of generic salsa.

Shorty on
  • Options
    Mr. ShineMr. Shine Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:

It bugs me when people give good presents at white elephant things. You're supposed to give crap, like dead batteries or old shoelaces or half-empty jars of generic salsa.

Well, somebody's bitter.

Mr. Shine on
    Yeah your alias says your captain Jean-Luc Picard of the United Federation of Planets, 'cause he won't speak English anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Mr. Shine wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:

Well, somebody's bitter.

No, I love white elephant gift exchanges. I don't care if I get stupid shit because that's the entire point of a white elephant gift exchange. If you aren't giving worthless junk then it's just a regular gift exchange or secret santa or what have you. Plus, when else am I going to be able to get rid of all the action figure limbs I find in my junk drawer in one fell swoop?

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:

Yeah most of our gifts were kind neat actually. Here's what else people left with (from what I can remember): AP English Literature books + Aloe Lotion, a statue of an angel stabbing a guy, coffee, saki set, The Pacifier on DVD (my gift), travel backgammon set, travel scrabble, some travel version of cranium, a blow up doll, the mouse made out of shells, a tranquility fountain, and the grand-daddy of them all: a lego star wars set of anakin and obi wan kenobi fighting from episode 3 (on the lava area) and they had light up sabers

there were a few more items but i forget

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, see, that's just a regular gift exchange. None of that is particularly crappy.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Yeah, see, that's just a regular gift exchange. None of that is particularly crappy.

But if all the gifts were "some shit i grabbed on my way out" there wouldn't be incentive to steal, and you might as well just throw everything in a bag and tell people to grab something at random.

this way, with the diversity, there's trickery and deceit and someone always gets stuck with something in the end that no one wants (in this case, the coffee)

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Mr. Shine wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:

Well, somebody's bitter.

No, I love white elephant gift exchanges. I don't care if I get stupid shit because that's the entire point of a white elephant gift exchange. If you aren't giving worthless junk then it's just a regular gift exchange or secret santa or what have you. Plus, when else am I going to be able to get rid of all the action figure limbs I find in my junk drawer in one fell swoop?

You make a good point.

Just check out that craftsmanship.

It's got fucking inlays and God knows what else.

[edit] God damnit new page

Mr. Shine on
    Yeah your alias says your captain Jean-Luc Picard of the United Federation of Planets, 'cause he won't speak English anyway.
  • Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    The Pacifier?

The Cheese on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    The_Cheese wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    The Pacifier?

Nobody stole it the whole game, even though I kept pointing out it was starring Vin Diesel of Chronicles of Riddick, The Fast and the Furious, and Saving Private Ryan fame.

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    The_Cheese wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    The Pacifier?

The truth.

Mr. Shine on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My Loots:

From PolaGo I got a super nice white peacoat, a white coat (make of not real but really nice fake fur) a black velour stretchy jacket and a pair of awesome suede boots. From him I also got Yoshi's Island DS :D

From my aunt I got a black Roots yoga jacket (yes, I'm Canadian), a Roots t-shirt, an awesome scarf, and the nicest mittens I've ever put my hands in. Seriously. These things are amazing. From her I also got a bunch of chocolate with some twenties rolled in, and random makeup and peachy showergel.

All in all not a bad haul considering I'm only 35 minutes in to Christmas eve day.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    The_Cheese wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    The Pacifier?

That's a bad movie, yes, but it isn't so bad that nobody would/could watch it. I would only accept that as a white elephant gift if the disc itself were scratched into unplayability.

Shorty on