As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to lower your cost at the Doubletree

QuethalQuethal The InfrequentOaklandRegistered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
Hey there, are you interested in not paying a lot of money per night at the doubletree? Do you currently have a group of two people staying in a room, or three if you're of a cozy sort? Or are you just one person who needs a room and doesn't want to pay for one all by your lonesome? Well, step right up, step right up! I have already reserved a room with 2 queens for myself and a friend, and if you meet the above qualifications, then please e-mail or IM me on AIM preferably to let me know.

I'd be happy to work out a deal with you where you can pay only $25 per night, or even less! Just get in contact with me as soon as possible, and I'd be happy to work out something. To contact me, preferable talk to me on AIM; my screen name is StalinTheKot. On MSN, which I do not use too often, my e-mail address is Quethal@hotmail.com. For yahoo, also rare, my screen name is Thauimevn. You can PM me on here, also, if that's easier, though again it's preferable for you to IM me on AIM or to e-mail me.

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you! Have a nice day, everyone.

-Kyle

Quethal on

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    And also available, this fantastic set of CutCo knives (including knife block) for only $29.99!! Call now and receive two free honing sticks!

;)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Exactly! However, that's for a limited time only, so please contact me soon!

However, I think the position may have been filled by Leaf and his gang, but if not, then I'll make negotiations with people once I get there. I'll be happy to see you all there ^^

-Kyle

P.S. Wow, I just realized, I feel sorry for the Doubletree; they're going to be the center of all geekerie in the western hemisphere for these two days. Saturday Night there, I predict, shall be a lot of fun.

Quethal on
  • Options
    AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    You should auction this... Leaf is going to give you $25? I'll go $35, plus my friend will too.

Avenrosh on
  • Options
    KyleGKyleG Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Avenrosh wrote:
    You should auction this... Leaf is going to give you $25? I'll go $35, plus my friend will too.

And I will kill you with an axe.

Savvy :D?

KyleG on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Well, KyleG that's tempting ^^ I've always considered death by axe to be enjoyable, but I'll think about it. As for auctioning, hmm. Good idea, honestly; I like it, however, I am honor-bound to Leaf as I offered it to him first. However, keep talking; it's a good idea, and if Leaf drops out, then you'll be third on the list (I have another person who is second).

All in all, I just want to find the best deal for everyone. Just so you know, if you end up getting there without a room, I'd be willing to help you talk to people and find a room for you. If you need my help with anything, please feel free to ask ^^

I hope the week treats you well; I shall see you at PAX.

-Kyle

Quethal on
  • Options
    AmmutAmmut Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Dibs in! I've got at least another friend coming aswell... and not only will we pay and be great company, I'm bringing plenty junk food* and games**.

*I work at a candy store... anything you desire I should be able to accomodate.

**I recently also got a part time job at a games store...cheap as hell used games for all current consoles and I'll be stocking up for the trip.

Ammut on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    Ammut wrote:
    Dibs in! I've got at least another friend coming aswell... and not only will we pay and be great company, I'm bringing plenty junk food* and games**.

*I work at a candy store... anything you desire I should be able to accomodate.

**I recently also got a part time job at a games store...cheap as hell used games for all current consoles and I'll be stocking up for the trip.

I require an obscene amount of saltwater taffy and DDR games. Have you every seen someone's head explode during "Dynamite Rave"? :D

This will truly be the best weekend ever.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SnowGhostSnowGhost Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Dreamaz wrote:
    I require an obscene amount of saltwater taffy and DDR games. Have you every seen someone's head explode during "Dynamite Rave"? :D

What room is this going down in?!? :twisted:

SnowGhost on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    The party can be found in my room, for sure; I'm happy to invite people on in, and I can be an excellent host. I do not know my room number yet, but here is this so you can recognize me at the doubletree: http://www.okcupid.com/profile?tuid=12391856613171101344

That picture should allow you to find who I am. I tend to be quite tall and noticeable, and quasi-flamboyant. Only quasi.

Also, thanks everyone, but the room is filled for sleeping positions, but as I said I'd be happy to have people hanging out in my room on Friday, at least; other nights too, no invitation required.

However, if you don't have a room still, find me when you get to the Doubletree, because I may be able to help with shifting things around and helping people meet others for a room. It'll be on Friday; I expect to get in town around 4-ish with the West Coast Super Trip, and I guess I'll be hanging around the hotel meeting people. Probably in the main lobby. I hope to see you all there!

And I do mean all of you! ^^

-Kyle

Quethal on