As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DAoC] While we wait for WAR[56k]

• Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Draeven wrote: »
    I will be turning on the Guid xp bonus tomorrow night around the time i get off of work. Some time around 3pm cst to assit in your weekend leveling fun. I don't know if we can have more then 1 bonus going but if so i will get the rp bonus on too.

That means log the mother fuck on.

It seems my hunters Bind Stone was auto set to the nub zone, so when I used it KAPOW nub zone. I am going around one shotting things like a pro star at level 21.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So thinking about downloading this to mess around with (while waiting for WAR of course :) ). Too late to jump in with you guys? Might try a Troll Thane as they seem pretty neat...

Downloading the trial anyhow

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    never too late:D

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited April 2008
    ITT we find our natural love of cave/aug shammy. What a class. Buffs up the ass, bolt/nuke/dots and healing. No combat styles but still, fun class it seems. I guess this is sort of how Valks feel?

Also, to assist people in pvp and pve, make a macro to see if a target is in range. Special + to a stealthed hunter in RVR.

/macro GTarget /groundset XXXX

wheras XXXX = your desired range.

Very quick way of making sure your well within range of your target giving you the space to fire two shots before he is out of range.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Valks have combat styles which make it manageable :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hey jaggy how did you find a house so quick? I'm looking around to pick up a cottage so I can get a bloody Consignment Merchant but every where I look there are no lots, or houses that are condemned and opening up in xx days at 90Plat.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Can some of you post some screenshots of your characters?

I'm kind of undecided about the new graphics, and I want to see how good the avatars actually are now.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Kajusta wrote: »

I'm kind of undecided about the new graphics, and I want to see how good the avatars actually are now.

Lets.. not and say we did! You don't play DAOC for the graphics. :winky:

I guess I'll take a snap shot of my Skald when I get a chance. My troll Bone Dancer is just butt ugly.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kajusta wrote: »

Trust me, the graphics for camelot actually are pretty up there when it comes to MMOs... Here's my level 10 minotaur Mauler with Brown Dyed Leather. The thing to note is that I am in a town where there are plenty of players and NPCs, and still am getting over 60fps... So yes, looks and feels good.
    dao8377484-1.jpg

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    uh, here is my 44 Bone Dancer chill'in with his homies out in Uppland (Frontier RVR zone). Notice the crummy looking clothing? Going bye bye soon for more spiffy items like the staff.
    (Not cropped 1600x1050 image)
    sshot005.jpg

My Skald in decent looking but poor stat armour pimping out guild crest
    sshot006.jpg

Him again
    sshot008.jpg

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So... I see the horns on that shield. Now I REALLY have to try this.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah man, I really would love some Dragonsworn goodies.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'd really like youto try this too :D

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    eewwwwww, 3 hours sorry to hear that man ouch

Draeven on

• Options
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    later on M

Draeven on

• Options
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Now that Mr. Trollzilla is lvl 46 I decided to splurge and get him a level 50 set of armour. Its not Spell Crafted yet. Soon. Very soon.
    sshot009.jpg

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That banner is awesome.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    That banner is awesome.
    sshot006.jpg

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am so jealous of you bastards

I need to find out who to slip a 20 to get into the beta

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I'm starting to realize I suck at RvR. Anyone have some tips on how to play a h2h savage?

Also I'm debating if I should level a healer or thane as an alt.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Sonelan wrote: »
    So I'm starting to realize I suck at RvR. Anyone have some tips on how to play a h2h savage?

Also I'm debating if I should level a healer or thane as an alt.

Well Sone you don't nessesarly suck. In thid your level 20 fighting against people who are level 24 and have the general idea (From the twinks) is that if your not level 24 you shouldn't be in Thid because you are not very effective. Also, the people you're dieing to have spent a couple plat "twinking" their character to have the best weapons and armour they can put on them to give them capped resists and maximum damage for their level.

You have to look at it this way. We're nubs coming into a game where the majority of the player base has been RVRing for over a year, so they're very good. I'm only just getting the hang of using my primary and alt/ctrl bars to try and QC snares and roots and stuff.

Battleground combat in Thid and Molvik do not represent what the Frontier combat is like thankfully, which I know is not something we've discussed in this thread because most people might not stick around till 50. I will, unless hell freezes over and Guild Beta starts for WAR which won't happen because as I just NDA with someone who NDA and said NDA.

A few tips:

Make sure your torch is off else you will be a really bright person.
    Make sure you have the "FACE" command bound to "F" on your keyboard so you can quickly face someone if they run up behind you.
    Always make sure you're panning your camera when running around to try and see bad people coming.
    Once you get your first realm point put it in LONG WIND, when you don't have a skald you'll need to sprint a lot.
    Try to roam in a group; If no one is inviting you to a group because you're weapons are not on fire find a group and follow them around, I do it all the time with my Skald and I rack up serious Realm Points and the group never minds because I some times catch people they miss. (Try not to pile on a single target if they catch someone, jump on a straggler or a caster to keep them out of the fight. They'll probably rez you if you die if Mid's win the fight).

I get furstrated alot with my characters I have in the 35-39 Battlegrounds. Some times shit just isn't working right and the Albs/Hibs have us set on farm. The trick is to not stick around and get frustrated. Jump onto an alt that you can keep leveling above and beyond the battlegrounds. If you just sit in the BG's every day you'll probably get frustrated and quit.

That's pretty much all I can think of now.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    trollzilla the guild gold farmer :D:D If i was more industrious and acutlay tried to make 50 i could.
    especialy seeing as i dumped 400 gold yesterday into getting weapon craft up to 400 :Dor was it 300 > hgnnnnn

Draeven on

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'd get into Daoc, but I'm too lazy to level up a character just to get to the goodness

I'm saving the effort for WAR or AoC

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I'd get into Daoc, but I'm too lazy to level up a character just to get to the goodness

I ran into the same issue. Relearning all of the UI and the over world and the classes and just everything was too much for my lazy ass. I ended up just logging back into CoX.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    The xp flows quite quickly these days. Surprisingly quick.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Accualt wrote: »

I ran into the same issue. Relearning all of the UI and the over world and the classes and just everything was too much for my lazy ass. I ended up just logging back into CoX.

This is what I'm running into. And I keep logging out to watch WAR videos.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hahah, i know how that goes morskitter, im actualy active though as is Trollzilla :D

Draeven on

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Accualt wrote: »

This is what I'm running into. And I keep logging out to watch WAR videos.

I think what I like about LOTRO is that it took less effort and money to get into then the other options. It's all just a place holder for WAR anyway.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    jaggyjaggy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I started grinding out the plat sink that is alchemy last night on my shadowblade, and got up to over 700 as I studied for exams / cleaned up my room:). I can already do pretty much every buff potion you could want and some low level procs, so if anyone needs anything shoot me a message.

jaggy on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    jaggy wrote: »
    I started grinding out the plat sink that is alchemy last night on my shadowblade, and got up to over 700 as I studied for exams / cleaned up my room:). I can already do pretty much every buff potion you could want and some low level procs, so if anyone needs anything shoot me a message.

Jesus christ 700 Skill Points in alch? How did you grind that much plat on your lowbie SB?

To get NuckNuck to 700 SC I'll probably need to dump 5plat onto him. O_o

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I lost so many days of my life to this game, from 2001 to 2004. Pre-TOA DAoC was easily the best game I've ever played.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I lost so many days of my life to this game, from 2001 to 2004. Pre-TOA DAoC was easily the best game I've ever played.

I miss it too, I quit just before ToA came out. Loved my eldrich. Have they buffed Theurgists at all? They were awesome when I started, then they got nerfed to hell and sucked. Same with the Scouts.

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So guys, I've been pretty busy with my new character.
    nicearmor.jpg

Just kidding, that was just some random person in town... Goddamn does that look awesome. Does anybody recognize the armor and helm?

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    MorturusMorturus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Looks like a valk in the dragonslayer quest armour.

Elds are great, theurgs are insane (speed 6 earth pets that last one minute at 2000 range? yes please), and scouts are just stupidly overpowered.

Morturus on
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Today is the last day of my trial. School is a bit busy so I can't justify extending it. :( Boo.

Murphy on