As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BIG MAN! BIG MAN! LET'S HUMP THIS SHIT UP!

• DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Cum Hero wrote: »
    I found out a buddy is going to be taking tumbling classes over the summer. I may join him in it. Being able to do some acrobatics would be pretty nice.

Yeah I just watched a pretty good tutorial on how to do an aerial. I'll be practicing that for the next week or so.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I absolutely think that parkour is great exercise and requires great athleticism, but I also think it's a pretty retarded way of getting in shape. There's two kinds of parkour videos, the ones that go out of their way to make it look extra cool, and show all the really impressive moves, and then the ones that show the dudes fucking up their jumps, and falling two stories onto concrete on their face.

Most of the videos of the dudes that fuck up their jumps are stupid teenagers that don't train hard enough and push their limits in a dangerous situation.

I mean take this guy he can go solo runs*, because he has been doing it for years and knows where his limits are, now I would be extremely confident that I could make that climb without falling at all, but shit I'd still do it with gear because a solo run would be well outside my skill level.

*I am well aware that Dan Osman is dead, ironically enough when his saftey equipment failed.

Blake T on
  • JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If you guys want to learn how to tumble/trick, go here http://trickstutorials.com/.

Tumbling will make your legs feel like shit the first few weeks after you learn though from the intensity.

Jyardana on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Still suck at power cleans, but starting to get the hang of them. Gotta get to doing them way more often, it's stupid things like my wrists that get tired out first from lack of flexibility.

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Okay, question time.

Back story:

So I take a medication, as I've mentioned a few times, that completely fucks any form of eating solid food. So this means that I pretty much don't eat until it wears off. What that means, is I end up eating shit food, or too much shit food all at once or just plain not eating because I have no food.

Take the past three days of food. I swear to god, what I'm about to tell you is true, and this is average for me. For refference I am 6'5'' about 270ish.

Friday: 3/4ths of a half pound burger
    Saturday: 1 qaurter pound burger
    Sunday: Panda Express; 1 serving of chowmain, 2 servings of orange chicken to go.

That's all I've eaten, and it is now 4:17, monday morning.

Needless to say, my diet is shit. Theres no where near the needed calories, and even if they were, burgers and fastfood do not make a healthy diet.

But I realized something. I can drink as much as I want, whatever I want while I'm on the medication. I feel like a giant retard for not thinking of this sooner, and it's sad to say, but this is how my thought process went;

I should eat something before taking my pill. But I hate eating in the morning. But I can drink a protein shake and be fine. I'll drink a protein shake as breakfast.

And that slowly lead into the realization that I can drink as much as I want when I'm on the medication.

So that long, drawn out story was all just to ask this;

What are some good meal supplement shakes you can think of? My basic idea is just to drink those during the day when I can't find the will to eat food, and then I can have a real meal at night once the pill has worn off.

So what would you reccomend to me?

Filler Inc. on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    I absolutely think that parkour is great exercise and requires great athleticism, but I also think it's a pretty retarded way of getting in shape. There's two kinds of parkour videos, the ones that go out of their way to make it look extra cool, and show all the really impressive moves, and then the ones that show the dudes fucking up their jumps, and falling two stories onto concrete on their face.

Most of the videos of the dudes that fuck up their jumps are stupid teenagers that don't train hard enough and push their limits in a dangerous situation.

I mean take this guy he can go solo runs*, because he has been doing it for years and knows where his limits are, now I would be extremely confident that I could make that climb without falling at all, but shit I'd still do it with gear because a solo run would be well outside my skill level.

*I am well aware that Dan Osman is dead, ironically enough when his saftey equipment failed.
    Dear god, that video.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Filler, can you have soup?

Pumpkin soup is delicious

The Black Hunter on
    edited April 2008
    soup could work.

That's not a bad suggestion. But still looking more for complete meal replacement. Things that are engineered and designed to give me a proper diet despite my inability to enjoy solid food.

Filler Inc. on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    soup could work.

That's not a bad suggestion. But still looking more for complete meal replacement. Things that are engineered and designed to give me a proper diet despite my inability to enjoy solid food.

SlimQuick?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    soup could work.

Keep a meal replacement shake on you at all times, so when the ability to eat does hit you, you can at least get a balanced pseudo-meal.

Jyardana on
    edited April 2008
    I'm actually looking at this right now.

It seems like it has a good amount of... goodness...
    Bodybuilders and performance athletes everywhere are raving about the new Macrobolic Nutrition line of products because they provide the precise 45/35/20 ratio of macro-nutrients (carbohydrates, proteins and fats) that simultaneously optimize muscle building, fat burning and performance levels!

Don't make the mistake of depriving your body of carbs or using inferior meal replacements to build muscle and burn fat. Do what the pros do and eat by the Macrobolic Nutrition ratio. Macrobolic Nutrition supplements are based on solid scientific research and took over 3 years in the research and development process. The resulting formulas have set a whole new standard in performance nutrition.

* The First and Only MRP Formulated to the Precise 45/35/20 Macrobolic Nutrition Ratio
    * Packed with 32 g High Quality Probolic® Protein for Optimum Muscle Growth
    * Slow Carb™ Low Glycemic Carbs and EFA's for Energy and Fat Loss

Macrobolic-MRP provides better balanced performance nutrition through the 45/35/20 ratio, creating the perfect anabolic hormonal and metabolic landscape within your body to build muscle and burn fat like never before! Unlike other meal replacements, Macrobolic-MRP contains three scientifically engineered blends of carbohydrates, proteins and fats designed to optimize muscle building, fat burning, endurance and recovery.

Filler Inc. on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    be forewarned though, if you are going on an all liquid diet...well let's just say it's liquid going in and out.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, that's an unattractive possibility.

May need to take some fiber with this diet.

Filler Inc. on
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Okay, question time.

Back story:

So I take a medication, as I've mentioned a few times, that completely fucks any form of eating solid food. So this means that I pretty much don't eat until it wears off. What that means, is I end up eating shit food, or too much shit food all at once or just plain not eating because I have no food.

Take the past three days of food. I swear to god, what I'm about to tell you is true, and this is average for me. For refference I am 6'5'' about 270ish.

Friday: 3/4ths of a half pound burger
    Saturday: 1 qaurter pound burger
    Sunday: Panda Express; 1 serving of chowmain, 2 servings of orange chicken to go.

That's all I've eaten, and it is now 4:17, monday morning.

Needless to say, my diet is shit. Theres no where near the needed calories, and even if they were, burgers and fastfood do not make a healthy diet.

But I realized something. I can drink as much as I want, whatever I want while I'm on the medication. I feel like a giant retard for not thinking of this sooner, and it's sad to say, but this is how my thought process went;

I should eat something before taking my pill. But I hate eating in the morning. But I can drink a protein shake and be fine. I'll drink a protein shake as breakfast.

And that slowly lead into the realization that I can drink as much as I want when I'm on the medication.

So that long, drawn out story was all just to ask this;

What are some good meal supplement shakes you can think of? My basic idea is just to drink those during the day when I can't find the will to eat food, and then I can have a real meal at night once the pill has worn off.

So what would you reccomend to me?

I'd say myoplex as a MRP, they're pretty well rounded and come in regular, lite and deluxe for varying levels of protein/calories

MRPs seen expensive per dose on the face of it, but when you calculate that you are getting a whole meal for around $2, it's actually pretty affordable.

I really wouldn't recommend going more than 2 meals a day on a MRP. Also, protein farts

ZeroFill on
    edited April 2008
    ho ho ho...

Protein farts are nothing but a plus my friend.

I'm gonna bomb my friend.

Filler Inc. on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2008
    use flax seeds for fibre

Tube on
    edited April 2008
    Not a big flaxseed fan. I was thinking shredded wheat.

Filler Inc. on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dublo7 wrote: »

Dear god, that video.

Dude is a legend.

It's funny all the really good climbers die in silly accidents.

Wolfgang Gullich was one of the greatest climbers ever, did the worlds first ever 9a which, the best way to describe it is to find a 45 degree wall, now imagine a hole big enough to stick out half of the first joint of your finger in. Now use that grip and your feet to jump a meter in the air.

Do you know how he died? Fell asleep at the fucking wheel and crashed his car.

Blake T on
    edited April 2008
    dan osman died because he was an idiot

Tube on
    edited April 2008
    Gear failure Tube.

You're afraid of heights aren't you Tube?

Blake T on
    edited April 2008
    If god wanted us to climb mountains, they would have escalators.

Filler Inc. on
    edited April 2008
    God doesn't want you to climb mountains filler.

Blake T on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    God gave us the ability to make escalators

Alternatively, the ability to make machetes and ice picks

The Black Hunter on
    edited April 2008
    No, god wants me to move them.

Filler Inc. on
    edited April 2008
    Please move Mt Arapiles to Perth then Filler.

(it's a small one I swear)

Blake T on
    edited April 2008
    Gear failure Tube.

Idiocy Blaket. Go look it up. He left that equipment out in the fucking rain and snow and then went and did a big fucking jump off it. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

Tube on
    edited April 2008
    Not to mention that if they way you died in any way involved you jumping off a cliff you're an idiot.

Tube on
    edited April 2008
    Not a big flaxseed fan. I was thinking shredded wheat.
    Oats.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I need more fish in my diet

but I hate fish

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited April 2008
    Seriously. Everybody should eat more oats.

So good for you.

And so tasty.

Honey + Oats + Milk = Win

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    Falling off a cliff is pretty exciting Tube.

Blake T on
    edited April 2008
    Also Tube that's really good wiki-ing you did there.

Weather really did fuck all.

The more common theory is that when the jump was shifted, in fact fuck it, I'm lazy I'm going to copy paste this shit.
    Everything I did was visual examination. I did not untie any knot or
    tamper with the rope in any way other than prying the knots to see inside.
    With some insight from Doug Heinrich I concluded that the failure of Dan's
    rope was not due to tensile overload or from being tampered with. I
    strongly believe that Dan did miscalculate on his last jump. For some
    reason he moved his jump site. In doing so he crossed the ropes (either
    on the retrieval line or on the main jump line). When he jumped the first
    knot above the one he was tied in with slid down a section of rope several
    lengths up. The sheath was heavily melted and removed in several sections
    on this upper part of the rope. The knot that slid down the rope was
    melted in multiple locations and was melted nearly completely through,
    deep inside the knot. This knot was not tight, yet others in the system
    were (this is the one open question that is unresolved as far as I know).
    It is my conclusion that Dan's rope was cut by his own rope sliding
    against itself. Use of a magnifying glass indicated to me that the cut
    surface was due to sliding action in one direction. There was no evidence
    of hot cutting with a knife or other type of instrument. I conducted
    further experiments in my lab to see if tensile overload could have caused
    this failure. The samples I tested were significantly different in that
    they were heavily frayed and tattered. My analysis of Dan's ropes in
    general was that they were in great condition. There was no evidence to
    me of damage due to previous falls, uv exposure, or weather. I would have
    climbed on these ropes without any hesitation had they not been from this
    accident. I do not believe that the condition of the ropes had anything
    at all to do with the failure of the ropes. Nor do I believe that Dan's
    basic shock absorbing setup was incorrect. Crossing the ropes was the
    problem.

Blake T on
    edited April 2008
    I didn't look at the wiki, I read his life story a little while back. He left that shit up for weeks while he was in jail for not paying parking tickets. Also you're a fag with a dumb butt and no one like you, not even the clown.

Tube on
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The only problem with shredded wheat is that you can't put it in everything like flaxseed

imagine big stringy lumps of shredded wheat in your protein

ZeroFill on
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i've exercised three times over the last four or five days.

but i am laid low, because the treacherous Oyster Bake lives on, not at fiesta, but in my bowels, because i took a shit today and the oysters i ate on saturday were brewing and oh jesus

protein farts are nothing compared to this refuse.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • DakalDakal Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I suck at doing chin-ups (palms facing me, thumbs out, shoulder width) and I need to increase the number I am able to do by a factor of 6.

I can only do 1, maybe 2 right now.

I've been exercising my biceps, but I'd like to know of any tips you guys might have?

Bicep exercises I do are 3 sets of 10 3 times a week with a 40 pound bar (20 lbs each arm).

I dont really know many exercises to do for biceps other than curls.

Dakal on
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Back, traps, and shoulders, my friend.

Lat machines and rows for your back, upright rows for your traps, military press and shrugs for your shoulders.

Work you back and biceps the same day, you'll be using both for a lot of the exercises.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • DakalDakal Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just found a really good site with a bunch of different exercises.

http://www.leehayward.com/arms.htm

has pics, explanations, and explains the muscles at the top.

Dead Legend, what does your back have to do with chin ups? I thought it was mainly a bicep thing.

I've been working my back a lot lately too, I havent done military press' yet, but thats a good idea. I have been doing the Upright Rows though. I dont like shrugs, but I do a bunch of super sets for my shoulders anyway so I should be ok. Maybe I'll try the shrugging machine... I'm just scared of rolling my shoulder and pulling something.

Dakal on
  • necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I am so goddamned tired of people badmouthing supplements while touting the benefits of protein powder.

necroSYS on
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    shrugs are a trap exercise

the wook on
This discussion has been closed.