As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Christmas 2: The Christmassing

aquabataquabat Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Debate and/or Discourse
So whatcha all get?

I got a Sony DST50 or something. Its a camera, its touch screen, I can paint on the pictures. Fuckin awesome. Plus socks and jocks and chocolate and shit my brother has no idea who i am so he buys me a book i couldnt care about and some chocolate i hate. Rock and Roll

Also, tell past Christmas tales of horror, of awesomeness, of love (including - but not limited to - ferrets)

aquabat on

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    SHIRTS!!!! SHIRTS!!! A MILLION STOCKPILES OF SHIRTS!!! WHITE SHIRTS!!!!

No seriously this is good news, everytime the cat gets scared of something while I'm holding him I lose another shirt I can wear outside of my house.

electricitylikesme on
  • AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Canon Powershot S2 IS digicam and assorted accessories, Epson R260 photo printer, Ali G show box set, clothes, money.

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    In order from coolest to least-cool: a PS2 with Star Wars Battlefront 2, a really awesome gift from PA, season 1 of The Shield, NYPD Blue, and Brotherhood, and an iPod.

Thanatos on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So far I have received a cardboard tube and cookies.

Considering my family doesn't officially celebrate until tomorrow morning, that's pretty good.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well this year, I got a motorola cellphone, some shirsts/sweaters, Elite Beat Agents, Yohsi Island DS, headphones, and a stuffed bear plus a future zelda game from aunt and uncle.

Oh, and I still got my gifts from my girlfriend to wait for.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    In order from coolest to least-cool: a PS2 with Star Wars Battlefront 2, a really awesome gift from PA, season 1 of The Shield, NYPD Blue, and Brotherhood, and an iPod.

Hey I know you clearly didn't buy the Ipod, but you should look into getting the longest warranty you possibly can. Ipods tend to self destruct.

Al_wat on
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I gave myself jelly beans and a snowfort

The neighbors made me gingerbread cookies and an origami box

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    so many awesome SS stuff
    lame ipod thing

second lame ipod thing that is incompatible with my ipod

still waiting for tomorrow to see if my mom got me something i wanted or not (probably not)

Kusuguttai on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:

Any more pic updates of that thing? It was looking impressive yesterday

Al_wat on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    probably The God Delusion, among other things. i didn't really ask for anything in particular, so i'm going to be mostly surprised. i still have to go to sleep and wake up.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    An iPod faceplate and an iPod battery. I will fix the damn thing myself. HOO RAH!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • 2and2is52and2is5 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    A 360.

Any of you guys play Gears of War?

2and2is5 on
    edited December 2006
    2and2is5 wrote:
    A 360.

Yes. It's awesome.

Kusuguttai on
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    probably The God Delusion, among other things.

Oh, Loren.

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • aquabataquabat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thanatos wrote:

I havent seen my girlfriend yet but she got me a PS2. The bitch better have picked up on my hints for Katamari Darcy though, otherwise she'll be getting a Christmas stocking filled with door knobs.

aquabat on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got King Cobra 3100 set of Irons.
    A Odyssey White Hot putter.
    A new a golf bag and some ballz.

YodaTuna on
  • ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    My wife made me a Japanese leather bound copy of the Rishiri game I wrote. Had I known, I would have actually tried to put all the verbs in the right tense.

Shinto on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shinto wrote:
    My wife made me a Japanese leather bound copy of the Rishiri game I wrote.
    That's pretty awesome.

electricitylikesme on
    edited December 2006
    aquabat wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

I havent seen my girlfriend yet but she got me a PS2. The bitch better have picked up on my hints for Katamari Damacy though, otherwise she'll be getting a Christmas stocking filled with door knobs.
    TO THE FACE

Kusuguttai on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    2and2is5 wrote:
    A 360.

Yes. It's awesome.

It's shorter than my dick though. It's not worth 60 bucks unless you think you will get into the online deathmatches.

YodaTuna on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got news that my family is leaving New England this Spring and moving to Florida.

It wasn't a very good present.

deadonthestreet on
  • aquabataquabat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shinto wrote:
    My wife made me a Japanese leather bound copy of the Rishiri game I wrote. Had I known, I would have actually tried to put all the verbs in the right tense.

I love shit like that. Its personal, its awesome, its thought out. The best present I gave to my brother was 20 comedy CD's i downloaded and burnt. It took about 3 hours all up. Even though they were burnt CD's, the effort was full of love and shit

aquabat on
  • 2and2is52and2is5 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    YodaTuna wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    2and2is5 wrote:
    A 360.

Yes. It's awesome.

It's shorter than my dick though. It's not worth 60 bucks unless you think you will get into the online deathmatches.

I'm hoping to. A couple of friends are getting it as well so commence the group chainsawings!

2and2is5 on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shinto wrote:
    Dude, that's fucking awesome. Your wife kicks ass.

Hacksaw on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shinto wrote:
    Did she, uh, change the ending by any chance? :oops:

Elendil on
  • ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

The exact phrase I used in my wedding vows.

Shinto on
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Al_wat wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:

Any more pic updates of that thing? It was looking impressive yesterday

the most recent are here

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • unilateralunilateral Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a DS lite over thanksgiving, but it was marked as my christmas present. It has rekindled my love for gaming (the last console I owned was an original playstation, and the last game I remember buying for it was FFIX).

I got mario64 DS, Final Fantasy V advance, and Trauma center as gifts for it.

Also got a new pair of skechers dress shoes and a neat orange Illini hoodie.

Also some miscellaneous clothes and stuff. And a random little monkey hook thing that my mom doesn't know what it is, but she bought it anyway. Ha.

Pretty good stuff so far.

Oh! And I got to sing happy birthday to Jesus at midnight mass! :? (midnight is apparently too late for the priest at the church so midnight mass was at 10)

unilateral on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    No stuff from the family

But I got some cool Critereon/Radiohead DVDs and "artsified" version of some of my poems from the significant other

And Little Miss Sunshine/ a bookmark of James Joyce from my friend

Those will probably still be the best gifts after I open the stuff from the parents.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • MerovingiMerovingi regular
    edited December 2006
    Well, for Christmas Eve I was allowed to open one gift and it was a nice little watch - something I've needed ever since my nice Luminox SEAL dive-watch was stolen :( $180 down the drain there. Anyway, the replace is rather nice and so I'm happy so far.

I don't get to open gifts tomorrow till after 3:30PM or so and that kind of sucks but I'll just stay up all morning and sleep till that happens. :)

EDIT: Well, we just opened ours. I got a few shirts, some shorts, pants, and Superman Returns on DVD. All in all, I'm content :) Never really had a big Christmas at my house due to money but I've never really been disappointed. Kinda glad just to have an extra day off.

Merovingi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Today:

1401210821.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36730645_.jpg

Tomorrow:

B000I10PY2.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59123665_.jpg

KalTorak on
  • MerovingiMerovingi regular
    edited December 2006
    For some reason I absolutely love these kind of posts and I can't wait till tomorrow when it's filled with people listing what they got for Christmas. I always find it fascinating to find out.

Merovingi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    guitar hero 1 and controller, seinfeld season 7, animal crossing wild world for ds, pheonix wright to replace my lost one, batman beyond season 1, fargo, oh brother where art though, Al Franken - the truth with jokes, final fantasy V advance, pirates of the carribean 2, 100$ to best buy, wii nunchuck, finding neverland, shaun of the dead.

and that's just my parents. best family ever. tommorow is my father's family which will mostly if not all be best buy gift cards (anything else will be cash) and then friday is my moms family, which will be a LOT. also thursday is my friends which will be a few movies probably, as I got them.

It's a lot of gifts to get since obviously we really do it up, but it's loads of fun and I get enough shit to last me for months.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm getting some number of fantasy books from my parents, and I got four videogames from Tarranon via the Secret Satan exchange.

You should all send me one of your gifts. I may or may not hand them out to needy children.

Gim on
  • Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a few books:
    Mythologies - Roland Barthes
    Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader - James Luceno
    Notable American Women - Ben Marcus
    Tlooth - Harry Mathews

A dvd and a cd:
    Cowboy Bebop - The Perfect Sessions
    Tortoise - TNT

And my co-worker got me: KOTOR2, which was damn nice of em. And my grandma sent me money to help with the rent, which she does every month. So I'm pretty pleased.. good to see other's making a killing on the gift end.

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That is a pretty awesome gift Shinto. Your wife wins at gift-giving.

Its not really Christmas here yet, so I have no loot to report, other than an external hard drive I already knew I was getting. It is a useful gift, and something I wanted, but hardly anything to excite the masses.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ps2-photo.jpg

+

Guitar%20hero.gif

=

:D

Hacksaw on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I thought you already had Guitar Hero, Hacks...?

Thanatos on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh my god, Shinto. Can I have a copy of that? For real. I would love you forever.

I might even let you play with my Wii.

Dynagrip on