As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Enough with the [Cass]tholic guilt, [Chat]

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh man, one of those presents is House Season 1.

FUCK YOU, AMAZON.

Elendil on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    iPod dick.
    Man dude, Now you may actually get a Man's Voice.

Dynagrip on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    My family is watching Walk the Line while I sit here and play Dungeon Keeper 2/surf the web. This feels like some odd form of zen.

Aroduc on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    My family is watching Walk the Line while I sit here and play Dungeon Keeper 2/surf the web. This feels like some odd form of zen.

I'm filling a glass tank full of water.

30 gallons is a lot of drywall buckets worth of water. :)

_J_ on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Uh, I just wonder how much stuff the H/A mods decided to protect us from? Hmm, Well, I guess Papa Bear does know us best.

Dynagrip on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:

You got Sea Monkeys for Christmas?

To add to my clothes and books, I got a couple of sweaters and Seven Samurai and Band of Brothers on DVD from my girlfriend and her family. That's pretty cool.

Andrew_Jay on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shit -- totally forgot to buy chips to go with this beer. I need to find some lining for my stomach before I hurt myself here.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    So yeah we just got back from Maine and sent Frankie's sister on her way and I have the rest of the week off and even though I hate hate hate each and every day I go to work, fuck if I know how to spend a week off.

I mean we have a new toaster, so maybe I can occupy my time with that.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    So yeah we just got back from Maine and sent Frankie's sister on her way and I have the rest of the week off and even though I hate hate hate each and every day I go to work, fuck if I know how to spend a week off.

Will, there's this thing -- it's called booze. Booze and James Brown. I fail to see how this week can't be the best week of your life.

• Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    VishNub wrote:
    menora.jpg
    Despite the filename, this is not a menorah. A menorah has nine candles; one for each day and a shamash candle (for lighting the others).

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:

Receive a miniature kraken for Christmas?

Gim on
    edited December 2006
    VishNub wrote:
    menora.jpg
    Despite the filename, this is not a menorah. A menorah has nine candles; one for each day and a shamash candle (for lighting the others).
    Don't listen to him Vish, he's just trying to get you to buy a new .jpg off him for "cheap."

edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Don't listen to him Vish, he's just trying to get you to buy a new .jpg off him for "cheap."
    We have easy financing options.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:

Receive a miniature kraken for Christmas?

I wish. I got a 30 gallon tank. :)

It could house a miniature kraken if anyone knows where i can get one.

_J_ on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

Will, there's this thing -- it's called booze. Booze and James Brown. I fail to see how this week can't be the best week of your life.
    Yeah in terms of booze I guess I'm loaded for bear. I could probably kill myself a few times over with all the liquor I've stockpiled over the years. Though really it's kind of hard to countenance getting bombed to James Brown - it's just too high-energy or something. I think Al Green or hell maybe some old blues grinder is kind of more my speed if I'm looking to get sloppy to old music by a black guy.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Actually, if you threw a bagel in, this offer would begin looking more and more tempting...

edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Actually, if you threw a bagel in, this offer would begin looking more and more tempting...
    I would, but we don't really have any good bagel places around here.

Most of them don't seem to realize that a bagel is supposed to be boiled, not just white bread shaped like a doughnut.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I don't know if I "get" Taxi Driver.

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Yeah in terms of booze I guess I'm loaded for bear. I could probably kill myself a few times over with all the liquor I've stockpiled over the years. Though really it's kind of hard to countenance getting bombed to James Brown - it's just too high-energy or something. I think Al Green or hell maybe some old blues grinder is kind of more my speed if I'm looking to get sloppy to old music by a black guy.
    Dude -- The Godfather just died. His music is going to be making me feel like shit for quite some time now.

Also, listening to music, ANY music, is definitely my favorite part of getting drunk alone. You just FEEL that shit like you never have before, whether it's upbeat, soul, techno, psychadelic hip hop, whatever. The drums just hit and your head starts bobbing up and down, and before you know it your hip is twitching a little left and right. You should try it. Does your girlfriend drink? Man, some of my fondest memories are wasting a day getting drunk with just my girlfriend. I'm handing you the keys to happiness here, Will, it's not my fault if you're too afraid to jump in and start driving.

edited December 2006
    Well yay Jews and all that but seriously when you make up a language with words like "shamash" you're really just begging for everyone to fuck with you.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I wonder if anything's open today.
    I know that head shop that Iranian dude runs on El Camino is. I'm sure I could find a liquor store somewheres.
    My friend just got a new TV. Maybe I could go over to her place, get her husband drunk while she gets stoned, and play Zelda.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited December 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    [realspoiler:9053f3ddce]I'm convinced the whole end sequence, after he shoots everyone and the cops show up, is a dream, although no filmmaker or any such person has admitted to this. I don't like the film if the end sequence isn't a dream, though.[/realspoiler:9053f3ddce]

edited December 2006
    Feral wrote:
    Gas stations.
    Movie theaters.
    Maybe Walmart.

I wanted to see Children of Men, but despite the fact that it's on wide release, no theater in Phoenix is showing it.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Dude -- The Godfather just died. His music is going to be making me feel like shit for quite some time now.

Also, listening to music, ANY music, is definitely my favorite part of getting drunk alone. You just FEEL that shit like you never have before, whether it's upbeat, soul, techno, psychadelic hip hop, whatever. The drums just hit and your head starts bobbing up and down, and before you know it your hip is twitching a little left and right. You should try it. Does your girlfriend drink? Man, some of my fondest memories are wasting a day getting drunk with just my girlfriend. I'm handing you the keys to happiness here, Will, it's not my fault if you're too afraid to jump in and start driving.

Getting Frankie to drink is like pulling teeth. I have to sissy up anything she'll pour down her throat and her tolerance is such shit that she's asleep before she drains half a glass.

I guess I prefer to drink with company but hell I'm not too picky really. Maybe all of us who aren't hanging out with a family can get a vent thing running later tonight ro something.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2006
    Plaid Pantry is open, that's where I got my beer. I panicked for a second before I remembered that I actually spent my last Christmas alone in this city, and that was the one place I found open back then, too. I'd have starved two Christmases in a row if it wasn't for that beautiful little corner store chain.

(Although they didn't have 40s -- so lame.)

edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:
    [realspoiler:8582c0ee41]I'm convinced the whole end sequence, after he shoots everyone and the cops show up, is a dream, although no filmmaker or any such person has admitted to this. I don't like the film if the end sequence isn't a dream, though.[/realspoiler:8582c0ee41]
    [realspoiler:8582c0ee41]I also think it's a dream. But you have to wonder, if he died, then whose dream is it?[/realspoiler:8582c0ee41]

Gim on
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Getting Frankie to drink is like pulling teeth. I have to sissy up anything she'll pour down her throat and her tolerance is such shit that she's asleep before she drains half a glass.
    Get her to drink with you and just you, so she won't feel self-conscious and can just have fun. I'm telling you man ... my last girlfriend drank more than me, it was a blessing and a curse.

• gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Feral wrote:
    Gas stations.
    Movie theaters.
    Maybe Walmart.

I wanted to see Children of Men, but despite the fact that it's on wide release, no theater in Phoenix is showing it.

What the hell...nobody around here is showing it yet either.

Is it going to go into widerer release?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Feral wrote:
    Gas stations.
    Movie theaters.
    Maybe Walmart.

I don't think it's in wide release until Friday. Just limited release today. I was also checking to see if it was at my theater today :(

Gim on
    edited December 2006
    gundam470 wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Gas stations.
    Movie theaters.
    Maybe Walmart.

What the hell...nobody around here is showing it yet either.

Is it going to go into widerer release?
    Oh, I thought it was just an extension of the usual lack of good movies in Phoenix.

Gim: All I know is Rotten Tomatoes and Harkins' Theaters both list it as coming out today on wide release. *shrug*

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Gas stations.
    Movie theaters.
    Maybe Walmart.

I don't think it's in wide release until Friday. Just limited release today. I was also checking to see if it was at my theater today :(

Ah. Good. I'm really eager to see this movie.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Whoever invented string cheese should be knighted.

edited December 2006
    Gim: All I know is Rotten Tomatoes and Harkins' Theaters both list it as coming out today on wide release. *shrug*
    I'm going by the IMDb release dates page. There is absolutely no place around here playing it.

Gim on
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    I'm going by the IMDb release dates page. There is absolutely no place around here playing it.
    Fair enough.

I guess this means I can't be angry at the Phoenix area for being a vast cultural morass.

This time.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Feral wrote:

Well, I can't order pizza because it's closed. Fuckin' Christmas, so annoying.

ege02 on
    edited December 2006
    Man, why the fuck didn't we do a Christmas offensive in Iraq? This could have been the battle that turned the tide.

edited December 2006
    ege02 wrote:
    Feral wrote:

Well, I can't order pizza because it's closed. Fuckin' Christmas, so annoying.

Our Wal-Mart is closed.

And the pet stores are closed.

/grumble

_J_ on
    edited December 2006
    Gim on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Man, why the fuck didn't we do a Christmas offensive in Iraq? This could have been the battle that turned the tide.
    We could've used a "FOR BABY JESUS!!!" battlecry and everything.

His Corkiness on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Christmas dinner . . . so full.

Andrew_Jay on
This discussion has been closed.