As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Enough with the [Cass]tholic guilt, [Chat]

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Just for the record -- I'd murder three jewish babies in their sleep in order to see James Brown live during the middle '60s.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Feral where exactly do you live in the Bay Area? You don't live in SJ, do you?

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Fuck what you heard, John Mayer fucking brings the godDAMN HEAT from time to time.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:

San Mateo.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I see i missed Cass and Choco being dirty? balls.

Well, merry christmas all.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Mo'fucker DEFINITELY graduated from college sex music to straight up BABY MAKING MUSIC.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Feral wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

San Mateo.
    Yeah, that town isn't that cool, is it?

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Holy shit, Gus loves playing Ultimate. For reals. Stay tuned to the bad ass Winners thread. I've got some pics to share with all of y'all.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I finished reading Pratchett's new novel "Thud!". It was fun to see Vimes finally manage to surprise Vetinari in one of their little talks in the Oblong Office.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    celery77 wrote:

San Mateo.
    Yeah, that town isn't that cool, is it?

No, but it's equidistant between San Jose and San Francisco. It's also 10 minutes from my work.

Feral on

• Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Fuck what you heard, John Mayer fucking brings the godDAMN HEAT from time to time.

every now and again, yeah.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Damn, I've got a hell of a headache. Does anybody know how to treat a Pony Text Block Drop Attack??

For Reals, get me some aspirin up ins.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Damn, I've got a hell of a headache. Does anybody know how to treat a Pony Text Block Drop Attack??

For Reals, get me some aspirin up ins.
    Dude I go away for like two days and I come back and holy shit I can't even catch these references from pony of all people but I am winding through your thread it's like a christmas wish.

Also: ibuprofin really is still the best.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    Richy wrote:
    I finished reading Pratchett's new novel "Thud!". It was fun to see Vimes finally manage to surprise Vetinari in one of their little talks in the Oblong Office.

New? :P

Aroduc on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Richy wrote:

Vetinari is awesome, in every guards book he is pure quality whenever he calls Vimes in for a "chat".

It's cool that he's a hard as nails leader aswell. Damn, i love those books, but i've read them all at least 4 times each.

Johannen on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Richy wrote:

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER :evil:

edit: AAARRRRGGGHGH

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    Richy wrote:

That's not a spoiler. It's not like it's a major plot point. Not even a minor one.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Richy wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Richy wrote:

That's not a spoiler. It's not like it's a major plot point. Not even a minor one.
    I still would have liked it to have been a surprise.

now you must atone by mailing me the book

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Richy wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Richy wrote:

Plus, it's pure fucking greek to non-nerds.

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Well, I survived Christmas. I sort of knew I was in for a rough ride when within the first five minutes of the family gathering the conversation turned to politics, and "Democrats are evil" got thrown around at least three times in those five minutes. I tried to bite my tongue, but when my father and uncles started talking about the problem of ethnic sub-cultures in "our" country, I just sort of had to step in.

Unfortunately, a doctrine of universal love somehow falls on deaf ears even in a room full of fundie Christians.

(One of my very young cousins told his sister that horses were dumb, and her retort is "when you call horses dumb, you call God's creation dumb," and he just said "oh right" and that was the end of it.

Urrrrr.)

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Fuggit

*puts that one John Mayer on repeat*

Also I cold ran the table on my folks last night using a bunch of shit I read off D&D. I was like bwahhahhahaha, y'all motherfuckers don't even know I've read this whole discussion, and I know exactly where it's going. I was like the short Mexican guy desperately looking to take a siesta, and they were my ass.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Fuggit

Also I cold ran the table on my folks last night using a bunch of shit I read off D&D. I was like bwahhahhahaha, y'all motherfuckers don't even know I've read this whole discussion, and I know exactly where it's going. I was like the short Mexican guy desperately looking to take a siesta, and they were my ass.

:lol:

ALocksly on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Fuggit

o_O

Also, cel, if we don't finish this game before the 27th, I'm going to have to postpone it when I leave for NYC. That'll mean the 3rd, at the earliest.

I'm always thankful I don't have to deal with the fundie contingent of my family much. Now, if only I didn't have to deal with the fundie contingent of anyone else's family, either, life would be good.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Oboro wrote:
    (One of my very young cousins told his sister that horses were dumb, and her retort is "when you call horses dumb, you call God's creation dumb," and he just said "oh right" and that was the end of it.
    Your cousin is right. And congratz on getting through a very christian christmas. And also when your family uses pronouns referring to you which gender do they use?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    If you don't like awesome, stay out of the VY Winners thread
    for reals dudes

For reals

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Happy Christmas, guys.

This group here has meant a great deal to me over the years, and this past year has been especially difficult for me, and you all have been incredibly awesome. I know Thanksgiving is over, but I'd just like to say that what I'm most thankful for is my D&D crew. You guys win the internet and everything forever.

<3

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Fuggit

o_O

Also, cel, if we don't finish this game before the 27th, I'm going to have to postpone it when I leave for NYC. That'll mean the 3rd, at the earliest.

I'm always thankful I don't have to deal with the fundie contingent of my family much. Now, if only I didn't have to deal with the fundie contingent of anyone else's family, either, life would be good.
    We were just talking about sex offenders, and I was talking about how fucked up our contemporary laws are, and using all kinds of shit like, "Well how do you define a sex offender then?" and they were like "Dudes that do nasty sex shit" and I was like "Like in that one state? Because nasty sex shit in that one state isn't nasty sex shit in that other state" etc.

Also, this is the best chess game we've played, I reckon. I don't mind postponing it one bit.

• Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hi everyone. Merry Christmas. It's the 26th over here, so I can spare a bit of time for the forums now.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    okay

poll thread:

BLOW
    The Usual Suspects
    or Vanilla Sky?

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Hi everyone. Merry Christmas. It's the 26th over here, so I can spare a bit of time for the forums now.

got some trivia for you RBB

ALocksly on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Happy Christmas, guys.

This group here has meant a great deal to me over the years, and this past year has been especially difficult for me, and you all have been incredibly awesome. I know Thanksgiving is over, but I'd just like to say that what I'm most thankful for is my D&D crew. You guys win the internet and everything forever.

<3
    Oh good, I didn't miss you completely. :D

<3 you too

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Happy Christmas, guys.

<3
    I'm always happy when you're around jeepguy, so it's appreciated. I wish you could join us more.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Fuggit

o_O

We were just talking about sex offenders, and I was talking about how fucked up our contemporary laws are, and using all kinds of shit like, "Well how do you define a sex offender then?" and they were like "Dudes that do nasty sex shit" and I was like "Like in that one state? Because nasty sex shit in that one state isn't nasty sex shit in that other state" etc.

Also, this is the best chess game we've played, I reckon. I don't mind postponing it one bit.
    Yeah, I'm hella liking it. It could easily go either way.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:

Hub wha guh na huh?

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    Hub wha guh na huh?
    Sorry, wrong answer.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Happy Christmas, guys.

<3
    Jeepguy, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to spend more time hanging out here in the coming year. We all miss you. Every once in awhile, I spin this baby up so people don't forget you exist. <3

Thanatos on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Oboro wrote:
    Your cousin is right. And congratz on getting through a very christian christmas. And also when your family uses pronouns referring to you which gender do they use?
    To stay in the house, I have to go back to the old and male ways. I promised myself to sort of keep quiet on the issue until after Christmas day, but it's not as if it's the sort of thing you can really ever hide-- keeping quiet about it just means keeping the peace while we're in the company of extended family I fear would excommunicate my parents just the same they excommunicated me.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:

Hub wha guh na huh?

I found out the other day that when male Japanese students want to distract each other while one is trying to give an answer they do so by grabbing each others crotch. repeatedly

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    If you don't like awesome, stay out of the VY Winners thread
    for reals dudes

For reals
    Your dog is awesome, Dyna.

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.